Meet the hygienic 'vampire' couple who say they drink each other's blood to show commitment
A horror-loving couple say they drink each other's blood like vampires - to symbolise their commitment to each other.
But unlike the vampires from TV and novels, Denis Alberto and his girlfriend don't bite each other's necks.
Instead they use disinfectant, medical syringes and needles to draw out the blood, and drink it from glass vials.
"Blood is a mythological bodily juice, it means life for us," Denis said.
"We drink our blood for the renewal of our love, as a sign of our bond, like married couples wear rings."
Denis, 30, met his girlfriend Ilaria, 20, on Facebook more than three years ago when he advertised for an assistant for his circus act.
The Italian couple have been together ever since, on tour with their vampire horror show, which is currently based in Germany.
For their act, the pair - who perform as 'Mago Denis' and 'Pretty Pistol' - dress up and act like blood-sucking creatures of the night.
But it's not just on stage that their 'vampirism' comes to life.
The couple say they drink each other's blood at home as a sign of their bond and commitment.
And they even claim that consuming it is as normal as wearing a wedding ring.
Ilaria drinks more of Denis' blood than he of hers, as he fears the blood-letting process would "scar her gorgeous body" too much.
The couple have topped off their vampire style by having pointy teeth caps implanted.
It took them a while to find a dentist willing to do the procedure but finally they were able to live their dream of looking like "real" vampires.
The couple also dress in weird and wonderful gothic outfits to match their dyed red and black hair.
But being a vampire has its drawbacks, Denis and Ilaria admit.
In the summer, the blood can clot easily due to warm temperatures, so has to be drunk quickly.
And they've been warned off eating apples, which could break their implanted teeth.
LATEST NEWSRead More
- Govt to issue fresh statement 3749
- GMOA threatens another strike 3697
- Rs 40 Bn more needed to correct flaws 4218
- Two more students arrested 3689
- Teachers threaten strike 3698
- Scot stranded in SL begs for help to return home 3697
- Return of Lanka’s boat people 3694
- GHSATD on strike 3684
- Daylight heist in Ragama 3682
- Six million in disaster prone areas 3677
- Details on Parliament vehicles withheld 3700
- Dambulla Rock Temple 3682
- India challenges China’s intentions 3686
- Surviving the Trump problem 3688
- Foreign policy geared to promoting unity –Ravi K 3686
- Strike cripples postal services 3687
- Garbage disposal facility at Puttalam 3678
- Anti-garbage drive in WP 3676
- J-SLPFL offers flood relief 3668
- Tea growers in doldrums after floods 3672
- Government takes a step back on SAITM - Ignore human nature at your peril 3885
- Ampara Muslims celebrate Ramazan on grand scale 3674
- Committee hands in its recommendations 3673
- Govt to stop SAITM enrolment and degree awards 3686
- IUSF claims leaders’ parents threatened 3083
- The march of folly Uses and instruments of disinformation 1942
- TRUMP BREAKS EID TRADITION AT WHITE HOUSE 1949
- Amsterdam – Canals, Bicycles, and Rembrandt 1948
- The Ideal of Islamic Charity 2384
- Eid-Ul-Fitr a Unique Festival Time of Joy for Muslims 2386
- Frank de Boer appointed Crystal Palace manager 3005
- SLC hires Podiatrist from Aussie 3101
- De Villiers to meet with CSA in August to decide future 3007
- Galle CC players yet to be paid 3016
- Samitha seals Bronze in Korea 3008
- Mahela dismisses report about Indian coaching job 3010
- Jayantha follows Ford’s footsteps 3999
- Akash, Taniya, Dhuwarshan, Yannik and Reshan on Top 3009
- Ricciardo wins in Baku 3007
- Coleman downed again as upsets hit trials 3006
- Social media changing our lives 1746
- Correlation between terrorism and Islam Fact or fiction? 1769
- Eid-ul-Fitr A day of thanksgiving to God in all humility 2390
- I regret introducing commercial whale watching – Ranawake 2747
- Beaten but not defeated 2731
- Railway worries and TU action 3782
- TNA jittery over TPC – C.V. Wigneswaran 2247
- TPC with a hidden agendaSeeks to weaken ITAK – Senathirajah 2153
- Amaranthé Bay wins ‘2017 Certificate of Excellence’ 2611
- Vespa and Aprilia SR 150 launched in Sri Lanka 2612
- The adversity of Trumponomics and Philippines goes 'Blink' 2608
- The need for a ‘Smarter Trade Strategy’ to be discussed 2608
- ThreadSol – Key to accelerating apparel exports 2608
- DR. SAMAN KELEGAMA: A STUPENDOUS CONTRIBUTION TO THE STATE, PRIVATE SECTORS 2639
- Exciting new leasing promo from Commercial Bank and United Motors 2611
- Kanrich Finance receives Carbon Conscious Certificate 2614
- Mastercard expands Labs in Asia Pacific 2612
- Sampath Bank named ‘Most Innovative Bank’ in Sri Lanka 2606
- Holistic social intervention The crying need for waste management 4478
- A time of gifts Beginning of my second year 2359
- Enlightening the younger generation 2692
- Explore what lies under the waves With the Power Ray Drone 1032
- She’s the Man: Review 1026
- Understanding Rheumatoid Arthritis 1292
- Eid-ul-Fitr A day of Love and Compassion 1298
- The Brains behind Royal and Regal 1512
- Try this when people come to you with their problems 3450
- International Yoga Day Celebration 3433
- Females born under Maha Bhagya Yoga 3446
- Latest Findings on Coconut Oil Kills Cancer in Two Days! 3711
- Birth Nakshatra says what you are – Part 4 3424
- Flying with the Flamingos Saga of the survival of the human spirit 3899
- Hindustani Vocal recital 3839
- Flying with Flamingos Literary exploration into protracted conflict 3899
- Battles and Laments 3890
- Six walks in the fictional woods 3848
- Argus-eye Indexical Dimension of Sign-Making 3826
- Latest lady chef in city 919
- Horton Plains invaded 1041
- Haiti 902
- GERMANY 878
- Invention of coloured crayons for kids 888
- Sri Lankan contingent to take wing 894