Meet the hygienic 'vampire' couple who say they drink each other's blood to show commitment
A horror-loving couple say they drink each other's blood like vampires - to symbolise their commitment to each other.
But unlike the vampires from TV and novels, Denis Alberto and his girlfriend don't bite each other's necks.
Instead they use disinfectant, medical syringes and needles to draw out the blood, and drink it from glass vials.
"Blood is a mythological bodily juice, it means life for us," Denis said.
"We drink our blood for the renewal of our love, as a sign of our bond, like married couples wear rings."
Denis, 30, met his girlfriend Ilaria, 20, on Facebook more than three years ago when he advertised for an assistant for his circus act.
The Italian couple have been together ever since, on tour with their vampire horror show, which is currently based in Germany.
For their act, the pair - who perform as 'Mago Denis' and 'Pretty Pistol' - dress up and act like blood-sucking creatures of the night.
But it's not just on stage that their 'vampirism' comes to life.
The couple say they drink each other's blood at home as a sign of their bond and commitment.
And they even claim that consuming it is as normal as wearing a wedding ring.
Ilaria drinks more of Denis' blood than he of hers, as he fears the blood-letting process would "scar her gorgeous body" too much.
The couple have topped off their vampire style by having pointy teeth caps implanted.
It took them a while to find a dentist willing to do the procedure but finally they were able to live their dream of looking like "real" vampires.
The couple also dress in weird and wonderful gothic outfits to match their dyed red and black hair.
But being a vampire has its drawbacks, Denis and Ilaria admit.
In the summer, the blood can clot easily due to warm temperatures, so has to be drunk quickly.
And they've been warned off eating apples, which could break their implanted teeth.
Proposed crippling countrywide strike TO SAVE ECONOMY, ASSETS, NATURAL RESOURCES– D.J. RAJAKARUNA
Weather today 422
- The Sathyagraha was a success 4919
- Demanding release of Tamil political prisoners NPC to stage protest today 4145
- Drinking water scarce in drought hit Kilinochchi 4139
- FEM concerned about migrant workers’ welfare – Thalatha 4134
- Drinking water project for Madhu Church 4146
- Govt should keep its promises – Rathnapriya 4145
- Indian Customs nets 24kg of hashish bound for SL 4130
- Ryan Jayalath further remanded 4140
- NPC appoints new Ministers 4145
- Rs 100 M medical cover for students 4136
- Political uncertainty Bourse’s losses extend to Rs 147B Govt’s Market Borrowing Costs Increase For 2nd Week 4127
- Vithya murder case Vijayakala informed Police to arrest ‘Swiss Kumar’ – CID 3585
- Tax Bill worries GMOA 4143
- New bus fare policy in the works 4126
- Port City land Auction of first plot next year 4285
- TPA hails LG amendment bill 4129
- LG Elections Act JO to protest secret amendments 4133
- Yoshitha is a great chap – Sinniah 4173
- Douglas praises CT Editorial 4130
- Ensuring MSPs adhere to SIM laws TRC Given The Go Ahead 4131
- Rajitha’s personal medical bill Rs 10 M – JVP 5304
- Draft 20A tabled in Parliament 4133
- Foreign submarine detection Navy needs to enhance capabilities – New Navy Chief 3590
- Wijeyadasa sacked He failed to ‘show cause’ during the ‘grace period’ – Prime Minister Cabinet of Ministers collectively violated the Constitution – Wijeyadasa 4139
- The Space Trump Fills in America’s Racial Politics 4149
- RIP Sir Bruce 2332
- Eco-friendly LED light bulbs Migraine on the increase 2340
- Electric Dreams and Nightmares 2774
- Sri Lankans react to Game of Thrones spoilers 3236
- No-Confidence Motions Galore 3506
- SRI LANKA’S NATIONAL CRICKET INEPT PLANNING CAUSE OF CURRENT MORASS – MAHINDA WIJESINGHE 3057
- ‘Singer Cup’ Cricket St. Peter’s meet Sebastian’s in final 3037
- SLADA on high alert at Nationals 3042
- Maxwell suffers mild heatstroke in Bangladesh 3043
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-17 Div.I Cricket St. Servatius advance to final 3036
- Barca seeking 8.5m Euros from Neymar 3039
- Women’s Rugby World Cup England to face Kiwis in final 2939
- Nadal and Federer eye US Open swansong 3033
- Smith turns T20 coach 3035
- Sri Lanka Vs India – 2nd ODI Changes likely for Second ODI 3038
- Colombo Defence Seminar 2017 on 28-29 August Countering Violent Extremism: Global Trends 3209
- Computerized Court systems 3962
- Wear and tear of joints at a glance 2726
- The quest for peace:Let us not ignore crime’s impact 2413
- Sri Lanka’s Hambantota Gambit 2709
- No reasons to object to Marapana’s appointment – GL 3087
- media sensationalizing Crime in Jaffna – Reginold Cooray 3117
- I believe that the current minister of justice must resign – Ashu 2730
- Listed companies’ earnings up 3% 2826
- Computer literacy up to 27.6% 2828
- ‘Sri Lanka has performed relatively well’ 2856
- LB Finance profit after tax up 3% to Rs 940M 2820
- Shares at 5-month low as Wijeyadasa goes 2823
- Rupee strengthens for second day 2824
- European Central Bank chief defends quantitative easing 2816
- Walmart joins Google to compete with amazon 2813
- Asia markets lose steam after Wall St rally 2812
- THE MYSTERIOUS ART OF APPLYING BRAKES TO A GROWING ECONOMY 2830
- New Constitution Prescription for unknown ailment 3596
- Why did Sri Lanka seek Chinese investments in ports? 3406
- Political administration Adopting a holistic approach 1304
- Six things to do in Sri Lanka 2028
- Conquering Ella 2017
- Signs of a Job Burnout Should I Quit or Not? 1751
- Power of Candles 1705
- An Artful Raconteuse of Mediocrity- Kanchana Priyakantha 1375
- prelate who promoted Buddhist studies in British era 2759
- Principles underlying planetary combinations Understanding and Interpreting their results 2752
- CAUSE OF DEATH- 2 2740
- How to identify 22nd Derkanadhipati 2709
- Shadow planets transit new Houses 2713
- Cinema of Attraction 4503
- The global and local in Hong Kong cinema 4565
- Pakistani Cinema Had Its Own Way of Looking at Partition Too 4251
- Locarno: Sri Lanka’s Sky Entertainers Presents Lineup at Open Doors Lab 4339
- Fitting Social critique 4818
- Collection of critical essays 4214
- Knowledge on the go 2111
- Anxiety: the 21st century pandemic 2267
- Prawn farming – a delicious destruction 2145
- When you hit rock bottom 2173
- Electronic waste – a looming threat 2097
- The humble roti revamped 2108