Fire breather sets his own face alight when his performance goes very badly wrong
A fire breather set his own face on fire when his daring performance went badly wrong.
Horrifying footage shows crowds screaming as disaster struck during the daredevil performer's routine at a festival.
The performer fell to the ground in agony as the flames spread across his face.
He was the third fire breather to set himself alight within minutes at the festival .
Footage filmed by eyewitnesses in Russia's Kemerovo Oblast region show the man getting through his routine surrounded by a crowd of spectators.
However within moments his face catches fire and he falls to his knees as he tries to extinguish the flames.
But the blaze gets only fiercer as fuel spills from his mouth.
Several people run out from the crowd to try to put out the flames with items of clothing while a young woman throws a bottle of water over the man.
The man had to be rushed by ambulance to a local hospital for treatment to his injuries.
Earlier, another fire breather had set his face alight while another's clothing went up in flames but both were able to put out the fires before any serious damage was caused.
The footage of the incident is proving popular with viewers after it was posted on video-sharing websites.
Internet user 'sostradayushaya' wrote: "Silly boys, you're supposed to train first before performing.
"They must have thought it was a joke and a fun thing to do."
And one identified as 'Selia Ku' added: "Hope he gets better. Awful what people do to themselves."
Fire breathing is the dangerous art of creating a stream of fire by spitting out a mist of inflammable fuel through an open flame.
CPC on Strike 696
- Struggle against ISIS in Central Asia A reverse side 3800
- Populism and industrial policy 3274
- Police need to toughen up 3859
- Emirati pilot makes donation 3301
- Programme on prevention of NCD’s 3396
- JO’s efforts to destroy Govt wont succeed – Nimal Siripala 3295
- 37 injured in two bus related mishaps 3273
- Five nabbed with heroin 3273
- China for military boost with SL 3299
- Batti Youth drowns trying to escape the STF 3292
- Canada welcomes reconciliation efforts 3282
- Ball lies in Govt’s court – SIA 3289
- MR warns about OMP 3289
- Police uncover all 4480
- IF Ravi K will continue as Minister – Bandula 3325
- Aloysius complies with PC order 3271
- CPC on Strike 3281
- Army moves into Maldivian parliament 3273
- GMOA on strike today 3264
- Ravi K’s luxury apartment paid for by Arjun Aloysius Director of EW Properties Plc submits documents describing transaction 3965
- What Next For US-Europe Trade Policy? 3962
- How to interpret the crisis between Qatar and Saudi Arabia’s allies 3260
- GOSL SHOULDN’T TOLERATE HIGH-HANDED ARROGANCE 4127
- Judge pays tribute to dead Sergeant 3169
- Minister Samarasinghe visits Oluvil 3160
- Can the unity govt deliver? 2981
- The March of Folly Creating Better Members of Parliament 2778
- Natural Remedies to Prevent Illnesses 2714
- European powers’ domination of the world 2569
- Do we need a new constitution? 3466
- Navodya and Thathsarani finish fifth 3267
- Hiruni, Cooray and Nimali make the cut 3333
- Tillakaratne appointed temporary batting coach 3269
- Ashwin hails India's rise to top Test ranking 3267
- Rahul out of first Test with fever 3264
- Spieth has Grand Slam in sights 3264
- Jamaicans stun Mexico 3259
- Froome wins fourth Tour de France 3266
- Man United edges Real Madrid on penalty kicks 3267
- Heartbreak for Kariyawasam Finishes fourth with personal best 2588
- Animals to lose peace and quiet at night? 4847
- Right of Reply 4731
- Addressing dengue One hour, one day and every week is enough 5455
- Acute water crisis grips Jaffna Ponies dying of thirst in Delft 4732
- NLB’s alleged monopoly continues 4766
- NFTH to Facilitate Clinical Training for SAITM 4104
- Prioritize FTAs with China and India – Dr. Wignaraja 3441
- Private medical education fraught with corruption – Prof. Carlo Fonseka 2492
- Nationwide inflation down to 6.3% in June 3272
- Importers urge legislation apt to modern business 3268
- Fitch affirms ratings of 10 finance companies 3273
- Sri Lanka Economic Summit 2017 begins today 3273
- Government agencies review Port City progress 3273
- Belt and Road presents both opportunities and challenges 3270
- Asian markets mixed as dollar trades at lowest levels in a year 3265
- Shares down to near 7-week low 3269
- CB continues to buy dollars to build reserves 3285
- Cambio launches IT learning centre 3261
- A Whitewash for Failed Politics 2513
- Mattek-Sands horror injury puts Djokovic, Federer in shadow 3060
- Maidens Bowling Overs 2050
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Review 2055
- The Tale of Android 2063
- An effective local medicine for Dengue 2040
- Kebella for High Blood Pressure Prevents fat from clogging veins 1911
- Turmeric the heavenly medicine 1904
- Nadi Dosha – an evil that ruins married life– Part 2 1101
- Next four months will be crucial 1097
- Rahu in the 7th obstructs marital life? 1093
- Agate gemstones keep mind and body balance 1069
- There is no success or failure in Love 1074
- Radiobeiträge Radio as Potent Tool of Education 4812
- Speaking with a Forked Tongue 4816
- Global and Local in Hong Kong cinema -Part 2 4847
- Kuchipudi dance recital and Carnatic vocal recital 4798
- Fairway National Literary Awards 2017 4731
- PASCH International Youth Camp 2017 in Embilipitiya Holistic Approach to Education 4786
- An endemic cure for snake bite 1101
- Summer holiday camp for kids 1107
- Shouldn’t they live too? 1089
- The dearth of skilled labour in the hospitality sector 1079
- The importance of grooming your pet 1073
- The new face of tea 1092