Nokia 'regrets' health app backlash
Nokia says it is "regrettable" that problems with its Health Mate fitness-tracking app have frustrated users.
Nokia took over health tech firm Withings in 2016 and recently replaced the Withings Health Mate app with a Nokia-branded version.
Health Mate has been downloaded more than one million times from app stores.
But many users have left one-star reviews, saying the new app removed popular features from the Withings version and had technical issues
The company told the BBC an update would "integrate missing features".
Before being taken over by Nokia, Withings made internet-connected health products such as weighing scales and air quality monitors, which provided data for the Health Mate app.
"Nokia took over and totally trashed the Withings app in one swoop," one user, Tony, told the BBC.
"The first release of the app was so full of bugs it was incredible. Their new app is appalling and everyone wants the old one back, which we loved.
"They've decimated our investment in quite expensive Withings products."
A set of smart scales currently retails in the UK for £90 ($116 in the US), direct from Nokia.
Negative reviews on app stores claim a number of issues, including:
- Difficulty syncing products with the new app
- Bugs in the app making it difficult to use
- A new "modern" theme that makes the app less user friendly
- The removal of features present in the previous Withings app
"previous app from Withings had long-term charts and much more," wrote one reviewer called Pander.
"This version is a huge degradation in functionality. This is not why I bought this smart scale."
Nokia told the BBC the Withings Health Mate app had been replaced as part of a transition of Withings products "to the Nokia brand".
"Regrettably, a few users faced bugs and syncing issues, others were frustrated to find some features from the previous version were not included," it said.
"We released an update which corrects many of the issues. Very soon we will have another update to integrate the few missing features.
"We will not be satisfied until the final issues have been addressed to deliver the quality user experience consumers have come to expect from Nokia products."
Expect crossovers in droves when elections are announced We want to take an anti-UNP struggle forward
- Russia Connection: Is Trump Having Sleepless Nights?
- Completing large-scale projects:Indians no match for Chinese – Dr. Narayan
- Railway services disrupted Derailment, fallen trees and collisions faulted
- Gold biscuits smuggled from SL seized in TN
- Options for money recovery post-PCoI bonds scam report
- Nettikumara’s FR petition SC to consider on 28 Nov
- Unidentified group threaten bank manager
- Refusal to hoist National Flag I have the same political reservations Wigneswaran
- Govt promises IQAAC by mid next year
- Govt compromising State education – Dr. Jayatissa By seeking quick solutions to economic challenges
- AGM of Old Anandians, Panadura Branch
- Two more AAVA men nabbed
- Sammanthurai school principal remanded Charged with sexual abuse of minors
- Bonds scam probe COPE Members should not converse with Aloysius Navin
- Probe content of calls to COPE members Handunnetti
- UNP has a better voter base than the SLFP Navin
- CWG H’tota 2018’s vanishing funds Need to probe missing Rs 900 M – Kabir
- Treating alcohol related diseases Expenditure more than revenue earned survey
- Bonds Scam I contacted Aloysius to conduct research – Sujeewa
- Breach of MPs’ parliamentary privileges Speaker refers matter to Privileges Committee
- Kiriella supports private education Says Govt cannot cater to all wanting higher studies
- Basil’s petition decision on 24 November
- Character certificate at end of term - Sirisena
- Gamini Senarath et al out on bail
- Gnanasara boasts of his ability Says can orchestrate bloodbath in under 2 hours
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-19 Cricket Rusara’s 12-wicket haul steers Gurukula
- Kumar, Dhawan opt out of 2nd Sri Lanka Test
- Pothas pleased with SL performance
- Everton’s Niasse charged over diving
- Mahmud temporary Bangladesh coach
- Aus-Eng Women’s T20I series Wyatt’s 56-ball century wipes out Australia
- Navy in impressive win
- Swiss Football Team arrives for 14 day tour
- Vidyartha Colours and Gold awards ceremony
- NSSF Trap Open Shotgun Championship Gilbert and Negombo RC dominate
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-13 Div.II (Second Round) Sebastianites gain first inning points
- Federer, Nadal set for repeat show in 2018?
- Untested but defiant, Aussies seek to strike ‘fear’ in Ashes
- Can England tick without Big Ben?
- Warner hit by neck injury ahead of Ashes
- Sharapova named in India luxury housing fraud probe
- ‘Singer Cup’ Under-19 Schools Cricket 20 wickets fall on day one
- Kohli scores 50th international century Bad light saves Sri Lanka
- I want to continue contributing - Kohli
- England motivated as ever even without Stokes
- BOI to hit $1.5B FDI this year
- Ease repatriation rule on earnings: Exporters
- 'Economy doomed without RCEP, TPP'
- India open to linking national power grids
- Tea, rubber output up, coconut down
- CBSL prints Rs 4.5 B
- Shares down despite higher foreign trade
- Tencent chief ‘richer than Google founders'
- Asian markets higher on upbeat economic data
- SL obsessed with Tamil Nadu for business
- Virtual connectivity to facilitate FDI
- London loses EU agencies in Brexit relocation
- Renuka Hotels Limited commences trading at CSE
- Amagi Hotels invests Us$ 60M with an international chain
- Sampath Cards offers many discounts
- Cyaniq to handle ATSL Telecom brand repositioning
- Why Trump’s CNN Attacks Could Help the deal
- How your electric car could be ‘a virtual power station’
- Insiders Do More Than Trade in India
- Do trade restrictions work? Lessons from trade with Japan in the 1980s
- Regulation of social media A desideratum to control fake news
- Global slavery About 40 million victims last year
- Budget follows IMF guidelines
- Spaceport UK
- TNA crisis Enmity within
- Trade liberalization cycle Opening up the logistics and shipping sectors
- Geopolitics of Floating Bases And the New World Order
- China and Vietnam: Beyond Diplomacy
- Middle East: Kurdish Pawn Sacrificed
- Concretes and abstracts Two comics at the Savoy in London
- Was the fuel crisis created to get rid of Arjuna ? IOC ship still off the seas of Trincomalee
- Eastern Provincial Council destroyed- Hafiz
- eLECTRIC AND HYBRID CARS MUST BE PRICED REASONABLY
- An argument for a new Constitution
- ‘Otriachchi’, ‘Orumiththa Nadu’, ‘Aekeeya Rajya’ and unitary state
- A Constitutional Framework for Sri Lanka
- PAST LIFE AND RULING PLANETS IN KRISHNAMURTHI PADHDHATHI
- Build before onset of Kona Masa
- Palms of road accident victims
- Want to get rid of malefic Saturn ?
- Installing doors and windows according to Vastu
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Two documentaries on Sri Lanka in Film South Asia 2017
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Conquering Fashion
- Gavin Ryan’s Salon Professionalism to the next level
- THE WRITER’S KITCHENETTE THE CRANBERRY ADVENTURES
- Calamitous Earthquake in Iran
- Scientists warn of ‘giant leap backward’ at climate talks
- Death of Ananda Senaratne