Secret bar in Tower of London
We all love a good secret bar.
It doesn't matter how gross the cocktails are, the fact that you're not drinking it in a Young's makes it taste extra special.
But there's one bar in London that's so exclusive that there's no way you're coming in.
And it's right under our noses.
Every evening, the Tower of London is home to a private drinking hole – reserved exclusively for Beefeaters.
Thirty-seven Beefeaters live in the grounds with their families and every year, they have to spend their time dealing with 3 million annoying tourists a year taking selfies next to them and trying to get them to smile.
So, it's not surprising that at the end of the day, they need a swift drink.
And the Yeoman Warders' Club is there to provide just that.
There they shed their day-to-day uniform and can relax in normal clothes.
Not only is it an exclusive bar, but it also has its own brewery which produces a craft lager called Yeoman 1485 – which can only be purchased by the Beefeaters at their private bar.
Inside, it's about as far away from a Wetherspoon's as you'd expect.
There's a plaque on the wall which reads 'SITE OF SCAFFOLD' – a souvenir from the actual site of previous executions. And above, it hands the Yeoman Gaoler's axe.
Other memorabilia includes a framed document from Hilter's deputy Rudolf Hess who was briefly imprisoned at the tower in 1941 after being captured in Scotland.
And, of course, there are plenty of less dark decorations including silver tankards and displays of past uniforms.
- International Conventions and Debasement of Legislative Process Part II
- Developing education sector Will take tough decisions – Akila Viraj
- Guangzhou looking for investment opportunities – Tu Hongze
- Three women go missing in Orugodawatte
- Awareness on violence against women Mahela and Kumar address students
- Foreign Secretary’s visit to Sri Lanka Pakistan commits to stronger ties
- Sashi to take Ranjan to Court
- allegedly defrauded more than Rs 100mn Employment fraudster remanded
- Save our whales Regulate whale watching boats
- Foreign Fishing Vessels Act presented to Cabinet
- Jaffna Uni students on hunger strike
- PCoI concludes Treasury Bonds probe Steve Samuels becomes emotional during questioning
- SL’s debt repayment to double to US$ 4.2B in 2019
- Welikada prison riot AG’s dept instructed to conclude probe Comprehensive report called for by 6 December
- Anika flees amidst threats SG Kodagoda seeks protective custody for family
- Govt seeks Rs 25 B thro’ supplementary estimate To meet shortfall of expenses and provisions
- Treasury Bonds scandal:PCoI sends questions to PM
- Managing the US-Thailand Alliance in the Trump Era
- Don’t play games with youth
- Call to provide DF vehicles for migrant workers
- SAITM Controversy:BASL will inform GMOA on stance Dr. Aluthge
- Implementation of Research Programme SL and India sign 2nd PoC
- Pakistan’s Foreign Secretary to visit SL
- NBRO warns of floods if rains continue
- Veteran TULF politician Soosaithasan’s funeral today
- SL out to save series Batsmen aren’t fulfilling their responsibilities - Managers and Coach Kapugedera likely to play today
- Gunathilaka’s ban revised - SLC Ex-Co
- Sadeera to be included in ODI team
- 130 SRI LANKA AMATEUR GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP 2017 at NUWARA ELIYA Chalitha Pushpika topples indian top seed Sri Lanka 3 out of 4 in SEMI-FINAL
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-19 Schools Cricket Kamindu Mendis scores third ton
- Royal regain E.F.C. Pereira Challenge Trophy
- DSI Supersport Schools Volleyball Championship 2017 Finals just around the corner
- All Blacks coach backs Sonny Bill Williams
- Inter-School eSports Championship 2017 Gateway College crowned Champions
- West Indies women complete whitewash
- Mahrez snatches draw for struggling Leicester
- Police renew Stokes incident witness appeal
- CMCC 145th Anniversary Cosmos Hockey Club Melbourne joins celebrations
- Pakistan confident Sri Lanka will come
- Pakistan struggling
- Top seeds through to 2nd round
- Dialog Champions League Navy SC face Negombo SC today
- Cane inks long-term deal with All Blacks
- NZ Rugby to assist SL Rugby
- Singer Cup’ U-19 Schools Cricket 22 wickets fall in one day
- PM postpones ForEx Act implementation
- Nahil transfers East West shares to Wijesuriya children
- National Trade Information Portal to come next July
- Budget 2018 should continue fiscal consolidation IMF
- Trade deficit widens to US$ 6.2B Exports hit US$ 1B mark for the second month
- CBSL unable to control GoSL’s T-Bill borrowing costs WAYs Rise For 3rd Time
- Shares hit new one-week low
- Reversing Brexit would boost economy, says OECD
- Stocks in Asia climb dollar edges up; copper holds onto gains
- Leo Burnett wins Agency of the Year at Effie Awards
- Weekly Government Securities Market
- Narrowband Internet of Things (NB-IoT) technology
- HSBC Sri Lanka’s Best Consumer Digital Bank - Global Finance
- NDB Wealth encourages savings on Deepavali
- ICCSL to hold trade finance seminar
- Multilac triumphs at Export Awards 2017
- Artificial intelligence ideal for populous Asia Oracle says AI will boost Asia’s business capabilities Urges Asian companies to adopt enterprise-wide data strategy
- Professor H. A. de S. Gunasekera Memorial Oration 2017
- Mobile penetration rockets to 126% in SL
- ARC Awards in Tokyo Ceylinco Life 2016 Annual Report wins 3 awards
- A frightening future for Sri Lankans
- Government lethargy in protecting our forces
- Where is Sri Lanka heading?
- Securing Sri Lanka’s maritime boundaries:Russian Gepard 5.1 Class Frigates
- Sri Lanka and International Conventions - Part 1 Debasement of our legislative process
- Flu shots are the greatest medical fraud in the history of the world
- Sucking it up
- Ahikuntika community of Sri Lanka Diminishing cultural traits
- Beware of drones!
- Anti-SAITM protests a political gimmick?
- Even the PM should be in Prison for the frauds
- Would like more Pradeshiya Sabhas for N’Eliya-Radhakrishnan
- Skills mismatch a massive economic cost Education system must be reformed
- UNHRC Resolution 30/1 Implications for Sri Lanka (Part II) (Based on a presentation to the OPA)
- Electoral Reforms are for People’s Benefit
- Managing perception with international community
- An Aspirant to the Throne of Hearts-Virajini Thennekoon
- The latest addition to the Galle Hospitality industry
- Best Hikes in Sri Lanka
- What went wrong at the Apple Inc. iPhone X demo?
- NASA's spacecraft makes death plunge into Saturn
- Salient points of horoscope Assessment
- KARMIC CONNECTIONS IN THE BIRTH CHARTS 2
- Dream of travelling abroad?
- Mystery behind Osama bin Laden explained
- Three poses to relieve trauma
- Socio-economic developments from critical perspective
- KAZUO ISHIGURO – THE NEW NOBEL LAUREATE
- The Fairway Galle Literary Festival 2018 –Internationally acclaimed authors to take part
- Portrayal of country and nature
- Resonant Field Imaging - a Marvel in Technology
- Shankar’s International Children’s Competition 2018
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Making plus-sized clothing trendy
- Pyjamas go viral as well - Sharmila Srikumar
- Giving back to Society
- Double treat at Pinnawala
- Mental illness a health issue Replacing stigma with compassion
- Studying to be ahead