Thriller at Welisara when Navy meet CR
By Nadeesha Chathuranga
The thriller of the weekend can be expected when CR & FC meet Navy Sports Club who will fight it out during their inter club rugby match that will be played at Welisara today.
Navy is the inform team because they have been playing well. They won all their games in the second round and they will try to knock off CR in this match.
Navy's form player is hooker Dulanjana Wijesinghe who is playing well among their forwards. He is scoring tries as well and be will be the player that CR should be marking.
Navy winger Buddhima Piyaratne is also a very important player because of speed and he can beat many defenders with his lightning fast runs. He will try to score as many tries as he could.
Richie Dharmapala the scrum half has been playing well and with his passing he has been creating so many scoring opportunities and also producing chances for his players and with that kind of openings hope to win the match.
Forward Supun Pieris is in good form as well. He is a hard tackler and very strong in the forwards department so he will try to play his best game tonight.
CR will on rely on Tharinda Ratwatte and he is playing as a fly half. Earlier in the season he was used as a centre and he scored many tries. But he is not very comfortable in his new position as the fly half.
Riza Raffaideen the winger is an express runner and he is in good form. Last week he scored a try and his confidence must be high. So with that he can continue to score more tries.
Kavindu Perera the captain is the other threat to score tries and he will be the most dangerous player in the CR side.
CR will find it tough against Navy. But they will create problems for the sailors and the match is sure to be a thriller.
CR & FC: G. Jayasekara, S. Warnakulasuriya, A. Hafeez, C. Chamikara, G. Dilshan, S. Fernando, Senal Weerasekara, Omalka Gunaratne, Kavindu Costa, Tharinda Ratwatte, Kavindu Perera, R. Silva, Shashan Mohamad, Riza Raffaideen, Chamod Fernando.
Navy SC: Dulanjana Wijesinghe, Kasun de Silva, L. Wishwajith, Raveen de Silva, N. Perera, Adeesha Weeratunga, Dhanushka Perera, J. Laksara, Harshana Maduranga, Mohamed Absal, Supun Dilshan, M. Faleel, Thanuja Maduranga, Dinusha Chathuranga, Thilina Weerasinghe.
- Khaleda Zia’s conviction and its repercussions
- China is biggest impediment to Korean reunification
- Trump’s Budget Priorities: Crimes Against Humanity?
- Mahanayake Thera of Asgiriya Chapter says Unity Govt should be scrapped
- Corruption case against Wimal on 16 May
- Govt won’t last till next General Election - JO
- Lankan fisherman yearns to return home
- EU awards 18 schols To promote sustainable consumption and production
- Ready for a rally
- Harassing tribal woman Lankan held in Andhra Pradesh
- People are very angry says Mavai
- Awards for bright religious students
- Delimitation Committee Report Govt must hold APC CaFFE
- Father of two requires urgent kidney transplant Seeks public help to raise Rs 1.5 M
- 2014 Aluthgama riot Govt to compensate victims in March & April
- Gajaba Regiment hands out schols
- Leadership training for principals suspended
- PAFFREL urges Appoint maximum number of women possible
- Tender irregularities hinted at A/L Tab Project temporarily suspended Project is being re-evaluated Rajitha
- CID wants INTERPOL ‘Red Notice’ on Mahendran
- Inquest into Bellanwila thera’s death Coroner complains to IGP Claims Boralesgamuwa Police ignored warnings
- 14 Hump Nosed Lizards born at Dehiwala Zoo
- EC informs party secys and ind group leaders 25% of 8,356 elected must be women Speaker says 25% quota not scrapped
- SL bidder for EAP Group chastises CBSL Over negotiation process
- Non-renewal of MoU Unity Govt cannot continue – Opposition
- In form CR to try and outmatch Kandy
- Havelocks face Navy SC at Race Course
- Madushanka doubtful for Nidahas Trophy
- SLSRFA to conduct workshop
- Trinity close on heels of St. Aloysius
- Khan leads Afghanistan to thumping series win
- Sri Lanka face India in the curtain raiser
- Third doping scandal hits Games
- Bayliss willing to step aside as T20 coach
- Brazilian match abandoned after brawl
- Shirantha promises transparency and accountability in NOC
- Rashid, Bumrah joint No.1 in ODI rankings
- Wigan shock Man City
- Black Caps coach rejects call to scrap T20
- Richmond in comprehensive win
- Arsenal announce record shirt deal with Emirates
- Olympics reels as ‘clean’ Russian curler hit by doping case
- Kandy SC too good for Airmen
- Red Stars SC emerge division I champions
- Hundreds participate in CISM Run
- Sampath Bank reports Profit After Tax above Rs 12B
- Dfcc Bank records impressive performance in 2017
- Hayleys Advantis partners IRONMAN 70.3 Colombo
- SL troops facelift Sakkotei tourist attraction
- Pantum becomes distributor for EWIS Peripherals
- Hyundai Lanka appoints AutoMaasters as authorized dealer in Jaffna
- Will online retailing outdo traditional retailing?
- Sarvodaya Finance joins LankaPay Common ATM Network
- JLanka Technologies to participate at Architect 2018
- Edirisinghe Brothers’ Hybrid Hub, SLIC to open Hybrid Vehicle Clinics
- NDB holds all-night Pirith ceremony
- AI-powered Dialog Voice Agent now on Google Assistant
- SLIM represents SL at prestigious conference in Asia
- NTB American Express travel around the world winners to visit five cities
- Munchee Super Cream Crackers ranks on top
- Ceylinco Life donates High Dependency Unit to Kalubowila Hospital
- Asian shares slip as dollar firms
- Cabinet approval underway for National Audit Bill Bill to be tabled in Parliament shortly
- Unpoliticized Maritime Promotion Bureau required: Ports Authority Chairman
- ComBank licensed for Microfinance operations in Myanmar
- Bouncing back from LG election drubbing
- Subramanian Swamy’s love-hate relationship with Sri Lanka
- Tea, haircuts and fish bones Letting the light into Pakistan
- REVISITING SRI LANKA’S FOREIGN POLICY
- Howlers that wreck language
- Welcome to Earth
- Can nuclear technology zap hunger?
- Trapped by the system Ethiopian workers in Lebanon see no freedom
- Current Marketing Practices Customer is King! Does it really apply to us?
- Writing project for young Syrian refugees
- Gota is Lankan Putin – Gammanpila
- President and PM are responsible for the election results
- Basil says…Await the return of ‘Spiritual Leader’ MR
- Accomplice to the crime Our own indifference
- UK flower farm suspected of enslaving migrants
- Costly Renovation
- REV. PROF BELLANWILA WIMALARATANA THERA
- Why Masses Brought Victory to Past President
- White Sapphire absorbs the power of Venus
- Partial eclipse that occurred on Feb 16
- Effects of Sun in Aquarius
- Some recent impressions
- Bandula Nanayakkarawasam: From Galle to the world
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cowboy boots
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cow boy boots
- “Hail, Caesar!” Silliness as a virtue
- Notes on history: The thinkers and the doers
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Never say never to anything!
- What’s In My Bag I want to carry my dog Ricky Ruchira
- Indian Elegance Raaya Clothing & Accessories
- Election promises that took people for a ride
- 7 killed in Florida school shooting by former student: sheriff
- Man with moustache who went to Rajarata a thousand times in a ramshackle Jeep