The National Joint Three-Wheeler Drivers' Association has requested the Transport Minister to amend some points issued in a Gazette Notification regarding three-wheel operators.
Latest News - Local
The All Ceylon Lottery Marketing Representatives Association said that until a price of a lottery ticket, which is being sold at Rs. 30 at present, is reduced to Rs 20 they will boycott selling of lottery tickets continuously across the island from today.
A sudden fire has erupted in a forest area in Ilukakati- Kanda yesterday (15), Police Media Unit said.
A man has committed suicide by jumping in front of a train heading towards Galle yesterday (15), Police said.
10 out of 34 suspects arrested over clashes in Hamabantota granted bail. 24 suspects remanded till 30 January.
An accident occurred when a bicycle was run over by a car on Horagolla - Wathupitiwala Road in Nittambuwa.
An eleven-year-old child had died after falling into a pond in Panama yesterday (15), the Police Media Unit said.
Lotteries Board sources say that preparations are underway to bring National Lotteries Board and the Development Lotteries Board under the purview of President Maithripala Sirisena.
The government is to introduce a circular to make it compulsory to keep Air Conditioners on or above 26 Celsius, Electricity and Renewable Energy Minister Ranjith Siyambalapitiya said.
The book, Buddhist Ideals of Good Governance will be launched today (16) at Waters Edge Hotel in Battaramulla at 4.00 pm. President Maithripala Sirisena will be the Chief Guest.
The Epidemiology Unit of the Ministry of Health has reported 1,311 patients island-wide suspected as dengue so far this year.
Thai Pongal is celebrated on the first day of the month Thai of the Tamil calendar.
A youth died in a head on collision between a lorry and a motorcycle at Thelawatte junction in Negombo yesterday (13), Police Media Unit told Ceylon Today online.
Sri Lankan popular singer Deepal Silva, which was known as "Podi Lamaya" has died at the age of 50.
A man committed suicide by jumping in front of a train proceeding towards Kosgama near the Uggalla Railway Station last night (13), police said.
- Mangala flies to Sweden 4133
- Ranil off to Davos 4109
- ‘Buddhist Ideals of Good Governance’ launch today 4126
- ACs on or above 26C to be made compulsory 4116
- Sri Lanka eyes oil imports from Iran 4111
- Prez to take control of Lotteries 4252
- Two fisheries harbours released from HSZ 4109
- UNP’s Sattar to sign DAC report 4113
- Lottery ticket sellers to quit 4118
- EC summons Party Secys 4103
- Body count ticks on in road accidents 4094
- Drone crashes into Stupa 4593
- Farmers demand compensation 4089
- Three-wheeler drivers flay new proposals 4552
- ‘Free Wimal’ protest today 4105
- Beware of those who bring presents 3678
- OF ROAD MAPS AND A RECOVERABLE ECONOMY 3619
- Better deal thro common approach 3604
- Mathews defend his bowling tactics 2972
- Dabare, Perera keep Havies on top 2925
- India dominate Sepak Takraw championship 2927
- People are sick of the same old faces 2738
- Sarath Silva Slams Tinkering in Law/Constitution 4216
- No property in Wimal’s name – Shashi Weerawansa 6200
- How Snapchat will change the music industry in 2017 2859
- Asia’s week: China GDP and President Donald Trump 2860
- Two presidents could move markets this week 2860
- John Berger Art of seeing 3032
- Aloko Udapadi 3015
- India’s Saffron Saga 3058
- Footpaths Towards Deconstruction - Part 05 3030
- Crucial period in Chinese cinema 3031
- Madeleine Mitchell in recital 3020
- Blooming death 2652
- Corals in crisis: increasing resilience to climate change 2640
- A chance to win refrigerators 2637
- AN AFTERNOON WITH MANISH MALHOTRA IN ABU DHABI 2643
- Unique digital marketing campaign 2639
- A riot of colour 2645