Jaffna High Court Judge M. Illancheliyan on 15 November ordered Army Commander Lieutenant General Mahesh Senanayake to appear in Court on 18 January 2018.
Latest News - Local
The Olcott Oration 2017 will be delivered by the Deputy Governor of the Central Bank, Dr. Nandalal Weerasinghe on 18 November 2017 at 4:00 p.m. The oration will take place at the P. de S. Kularatne Auditorium at Ananda College, Colombo.
By Thambithurai Pratheepan
The Propaganda Secretary of the Tamil Eelam Liberation Organization (TELO) Ganesh Velayutham recently said that a favourable solution can be expected on 29 November, with regard to the issue of three PTA detainees, Darshan, Sulakshan, and Thiruvarul, who have been on a hunger strike, at the Anuradhapura Prison, for the past 40 days.
The 'Methsarana Scholarships Pragramme' to provide scholarships for school children who were affected by the Meethotamulla landslide, was held under the patronage of President Maithripala Sirisena at the BMICH, today (16).
A Fast Attack Craft attached to the Northern Naval Command, on routine patrol, apprehended 10 Indian fishermen along with a fishing trawler for poaching in the Sri Lankan territorial waters north of Point Pedro Lighthouse last night (15th November).
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa's Chief of Staff, Gamini Sedara Senarath and two others were re-remanded by the Colombo Fort Magistrate yesterday (15) on charges of misappropriating Government funds.
With the six-day debate on the second reading of the budget coming to an end today (16), the vote on the second reading of the budget 2018 is scheduled to be held at 5:00 p.m. today (16) in Parliament.
The General Amnesty period for Army personnel Absent without Leave (AWOL) has been extended by another week, until 22 November 2017 in response to numerous requests made to the Army Headquarters.
The Disaster Management Center (DMC) says that there is absolutely no threat of a Tsunami on any coastal area of Sri Lanka and urged the public not to panic over false rumours claiming otherwise.
BY RAVI LADDUWAHETTY
The Government will officially wind down the operations of the controversial South Asian Institute of Technology and Medicine (SAITM) by 31 December.
The Royal Australian Navy Ship 'HMAS Newcastle' arrived at the port of Colombo on a goodwill visit today (14th November). Sri Lanka Navy welcomed the visiting ship in accordance with naval traditions, upon her arrival. The vessel with a length of 138.1 m and width of 14.3 m is manned by a crew of 184. The displacement of the 'Newcastle' is 4,200 tons.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) will organise a seminar in Colombo next month to strengthen the fight against impunity, and to improve the safety of journalists.
- An Inconsistent US Assertive China and Asia’s Hobbesian Order
- Jorge Sharp and Citizen Movements:New Momentum for Chilean Left?
- Zimbabwe’s Tailspin: The Lessons for Africa
- Lankan family facing deportation due to MS diagnosis
- Malaysian security forces in SL Undergo sea combat training
- Customs nabs man with gold jewellery
- Pushpadana celebrates 75 years Educational rights for all children - President
- New Samurdhi officers appointed
- Removal of Thondaman’s name India to take up issue with SL
- Int’l Research Conference held at SEUSL
- Three PTA detainees:Solution can be expected on 29 Nov TELO
- Call to promote tourism in East
- Corruption in mega development projects:Revelations soon - Dr. Jayalath
- President Sirisena writes to Lord Naseby Expresses appreciation for furthering SL’s cause
- Non-alignment of Budget proposals Tax consultants complain Chartered accountants highlight exclusion of professionals
- Dr. Nandalal Weerasinghe to deliver Olcott Oration
- Sujeewa and Namal in verbal spat
- Budget 2018 2nd reading passed with 2/3rd majority
- MR issues call to send Govt packing
- Sampanthan flays Rajapaksa Makes emotional plea in House
- Petitioners in LG polls gazette case Yapa, Dayasiri and Dilan among the six - JO
- Treasury Bonds Probe Ranil to appear before PCoI on Monday
- Five COPE members spoke with Aloysius during their sittings
- Harsha speaks at UPR Emphasizes slow and steady approach
- LG Elections gazette petition CA to hear petition on 22 November
- Sevens players given SLR contracts 20 men and 16 women players will be signed on starting November
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-19 Cricket Sanjula gets 150 runs
- Lakmal rattles India on rain-hit day
- Curious case of Sri Lanka Winter Sports Association
- Inter Club Rugby League Tournament CR clash with arch rivals CH today
- All-Island School Games Table Tennis Ladies’ College Under 17 Champions
- Peru capture last World Cup berth
- Mohammad Hafeez, suspended again
- Ten weightlifters qualify for CG 2018
- Late Dalmiya’s 77th birth commemoration SLC President pays glowing tribute
- Asia Property Awards in Singapore Capital TRUST Residencies wins Best Condo in SL
- Lanka IOC reports losses for 3rd consecutive quarter
- Airtel and Google debut online purchasing in SL
- AIA Insurance Lanka revenue up 17% in Q3
- Full day of CSE trading from Disaster Recovery site
- Introducing Mars to agriculture
- How an oil giant came to dominate wheat
- Asian Shares Higher Ahead Of US Tax Vote
- Going green needs defined regulations to go forward
- Alibaba's Jack Ma slips to 3rd in China rich list
- LAW OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
- Dual Citizenship Fiasco
- LAW OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE Part XIX Joinder of Charges VI
- The March of Folly The sad death of liberal Karu
- Saudi-led coalition opens Yemen border crossing: Aid agencies warn of famine
- BREXIT Impact on free movement of people
- Padmavati triggers stir in Bollywood
- Military burning houses Rohingya refugees flee to Bangladesh
- Rice Revolution Role of Dairy Centres
- Pollution in India: 2.5 million people killed in 2015
- There is no journey with the UNP
- Core values of the UNP are eroding - Pradeep Jayewardene
- UN compensation for Kuwait workers Rs 3.2 B on migrant worker welfare
- Professor Matteo Legrenzi says: Gulf States are not keen on all-out war
- I regret the inconvenience caused to the public
- An argument for a new Constitution
- ‘Otriachchi’, ‘Orumiththa Nadu’, ‘Aekeeya Rajya’ and unitary state
- A Constitutional Framework for Sri Lanka
- THE STATE WITHIN A STATE SIVAGIRIYEN SiGIRIYATA
- A Creative Simulator -Anil Herath
- Are you ready for the big crunch party?– with Tharaka Eranda Caldera
- A Delhi Diwali
- The Unwrapped Hope - Translated
- PAST LIFE AND RULING PLANETS IN KRISHNAMURTHI PADHDHATHI
- Astrological remedies for Agriculture
- Unintentional Murder and law
- An Idyl in South India
- GRANDMA’S HAIR GROWTH OIL
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Two documentaries on Sri Lanka in Film South Asia 2017
- Politics of nostalgia
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Man who rebelled against the British
- Rohingya kids fill void of parents
- Looking back at Sri Lanka Police