An Indian mountaineer declared missing on Mount Everest this weekend has been found dead, Nepali officials have confirmed.
Latest News - World
South Korea's former President Park Geun-hye has gone on trial for corruption, the latest stage in her dramatic fall from grace.
Twenty two people have been killed and about 50 injured in a suspected terror attack at Manchester Arena. The blast happened at about 22:35 BST on Monday following a pop concert by the US singer Ariana Grande.
US President Donald Trump is visiting Israel and the Palestinian territories, as he continues his Middle East trip. He flies in from Saudi Arabia, a key US ally, where he gave a speech to Arab and Muslim leaders at a summit.
North Korea has confirmed it "successfully" launched another medium-range ballistic missile on Sunday. The state-run KCNA news agency said the weapon was now ready to be deployed for military action.
Multi-billion dollar deals between the US and Saudi Arabia will be signed on Saturday as US President Donald Trump's first foreign trip begins in Riyadh.
Swedish prosecutors drop the rape investigation into Wikileaks founder Julian Assange - BBC
At least two people have died and several others are feared missing after a pedestrian bridge collapsed in the western state of Goa.
Police have received legal advice about sexual assault allegations involving Australia's most senior Catholic figure, Cardinal George Pell.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has indicated after talks in Washington that he will never accept a US alliance with Kurdish forces fighting in Syria.
"There is no place for terrorist organisations in the future of our region," he said at a joint news conference with President Donald Trump.
President Donald Trump asked FBI chief James Comey to end an inquiry into links between his ex-national security adviser and Russia, US media report.
Award-winning Mexican journalist Javier Valdez has been shot dead in the north-western state of Sinaloa.
He was killed when unidentified attackers opened fire on his car in the city of Culiacan where Valdez was working, the RioDoce website reports.
President Donald Trump revealed highly classified information about so-called Islamic State (IS) to Russia's foreign minister, sources have told US media.
North Korea has claimed that the missile it tested on Sunday was a new type of rocket capable of carrying a large nuclear warhead.
Indian Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj will chair a special meeting in New Delhi today (9) to discuss the problems faced by the Indian fishermen in the Northern waters of Sri Lanka.
President Donald Trump has declared Obamacare "dead" after the Republican healthcare bill was narrowly passed by the lower chamber of Congress.
The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip, is giving up his public duties from the autumn, Buckingham Palace has announced.
A dust storm is choking a large swathe of northern China including the capital, Beijing, in yet another air quality crisis to affect the country.
More than 30 civilians and Kurdish-led fighters have been killed in an attack by Islamic State (IS) militants near Syria's north-eastern border with Iraq.
They targeted a makeshift camp for displaced Syrians and Iraqi refugees at Rajm al-Salibi, near the town of Shaddadi in Hassakeh province.
The US Department of Justice has reportedly decided not to charge two white officers who shot and killed a black man in Louisiana last summer.
Video footage appearing to show the officers holding down Alton Sterling as they fired their weapons sparked days of protests in Baton Rouge.
Weather Today 617
- Cabinet reshuffle 3760
- Finance stripped from ravi 3766
- Farce behind the reshuffle – JVP 3763
- Vasu suffers heart attack 3782
- Dr. Padeniya charged with contempt 3762
- Rs 2M compensation for Dulanjali 3830
- JO slams Cabinet reshuffle 3745
- Population boom 3906
- Why remove Best Finance Minister? – Dullas 3748
- Indira Gandhi asked RAW to aid LTTE – KP 3760
- Prez Sirisena Aussie bound 3751
- Lanka’s power sector 3727
- N&E merger impossible – Hizbullah 3737
- Woman dies in wild jumbo attack 3737
- Canadian PM reiterates call to Sri Lanka 3756
- Indian meddling and the Mahinda Question 4418
- China’s future geostrategy 4230
- NIR Ministry spends frugally 4124
- Owner arrested after surrendering 4083
- Petrol bombs hurled at Mosque in Kurunegala 4142
- Govt Doctors to report sick today! 4026
- Rathana Thera’s vehicle in mishap 4391
- Expect ‘unbelievable’ changes – Amaraweera 4052
- Five Police teams deployed for probe 4031
- Commission takes a break 4063
- Suggesting tunes for different pipers 2413
- Move to build golf and hotel resort 2416
- From Russia, China, India & EU to Australia 2271
- Gone yet not out 3475
- PCs in crisis mode 3454
- Wesley win by 181 runs 2860
- Scotland seal second title 2862
- Terry says goodbye in style 3072
- Royal well-deserved champions 4072
- Sri Lanka Cricket to spend 70 M on RPICS 2952
- Santhush qualifies for World Youth 3857
- Maris Stella, Isipathana, President’s win 2858
- SL needs Malinga magic upfront 3231
- Bizarre Ruling ruins Asmika’s Golden hope in Asian Youth 2863
- Ambalangoda’s big match ends in draw 3643
- Good governance thro electoral reforms 2467
- Sri Lanka’s foreign reserves Ground reality 3925
- Cyberbullying and scared women 3004
- Will this make you ‘wanna cry’? 3048
- Brace for dengue surge 3122
- There are many issues to iron out 3110
- Nationalizing SAITM would be a mistake 3416
- SB IS TALKING RUBBISH! 1931
- Eligibility criteria stiffer than in State Universities – SB 2290
- Joint Opposition will accept President Sirisena’s leadership – Vasudeva Nanayakkara 4144
- $ 68M creamed off to service debt 1031
- Nationwide inflation down to 8.4% in April 2869
- Allianz Lanka registers impressive Q1 2017 2865
- Bourse falls amid foreign sales 2867
- India invited to participate in power sector 2869
- Access Engineering posts highest ever PAT of Rs 2.6B 2858
- Exchange rate at all time low of Rs 154.54 2862
- Exporters urge removal of Indian NTBs 2866
- State banks may face capital adequacy issues 2874
- Asian stocks rise as US political concerns ease 2860
- Traps from different quarters 1430
- Are we an ungrateful society? 1319
- Provincial slavery and political buffoonery 1865
- AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (1981) 2096
- Did “WannaCry” make you cry? 2745
- Local Psychologists should receive due acceptance 1070
- Hatha yoga benefits are numerous - Anandhie Vilvaraja 1084
- Amaya Resorts and Spas offer an exquisite Lankan experience 1058
- Queen of Nuwara Eliya Regains Glory 3295
- Voyage of Time in a dreamy landscape 3352
- Recurrent Dreams, Not a Nightmare 3292
- Radical Approach to Cinema 3278
- Alston Koch felicitated in ‘Highest Capital City in the World’ 4151
- Love, loneliness and lingering 4085
- Lichens, the coolest thing you never heard of 927
- What would life bee…? 926
- Bask in natural luxury 902
- Diverse dishes straight from China 892
- Young ones on stage 896
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children 898