A US submarine has arrived in South Korea, amid worries of another North Korean missile or nuclear test.
Latest News - World
A 12-year-old boy who was apparently trying to drive across Australia has been stopped by police 1,300km (800 miles) into his journey.
Drought-hit farmers in India have suspended a protest, after an assurance that their demands would be met.
More than 100 farmers from southern Tamil Nadu state had mounted an eye-catching protest in the capital, Delhi, more than a month ago.
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has accused Iran of "alarming ongoing provocations" aimed at destabilising the Middle East and undermining America's interests in the region.
At least three people have been killed in Venezuela in protests against the government of President Nicolas Maduro.
Indian Business tycoon Vijay Mallya, accused of defaulting on loans worth crores, had been arrested in London and was due be produced in a Metropolitan Court.
North Korea will continue to test missiles, a senior official has told the BBC in Pyongyang, despite international condemnation and growing military tensions with the US.
Turkey's main opposition party has said it will challenge the country's referendum result after the president won a vote to expand his powers.
The CEO of United Airlines has apologised for the "truly horrific" incident in which a passenger was forcibly dragged, screaming, from a flight.
Pakistani human-rights and education advocate Malala Yousafzai has just become the youngest person ever to be named a U.N. Messenger of Peace, an honorary title conferred by the body's Secretary General António Guterres.
Three explosions have hit a bus carrying the Borussia Dortmund football team to their home Champions League quarter-final match against Monaco.
Russia is to blame for "every civilian death" in the chemical weapons attack last week in Syria, Defence Secretary Sir Michael Fallon has claimed.
The US military has ordered a navy strike group to move towards the Korean peninsula, amid growing concerns about North Korea's missile programme.
An American special forces soldier has been killed while carrying out operations against the group known as Islamic State (IS) in Afghanistan, the US military has said.
Basque militant group Eta has begun the process of handing over arms in southern France, ahead of full disarmament announced for Saturday.
Democratic Republic of Congo President Joseph Kabila has appointed Bruno Tshibala as the new prime minister of the power-sharing government.
Police in Sweden have arrested two men after a lorry crashed into a Stockholm department store on Friday, killing at least four people.
Turkish F-16 warplanes launched air strikes on Kurdish militants in southeast Turkey on Wednesday, killing eight of the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) fighters, a provincial governor's office said.
The Colombian authorities have ordered an investigation into a deadly landslide that swept through the south-western town of Mocoa.
More than 200 houses in the Australian city of Rockhampton have been flooded after a river reached its flood peak, authorities say.
LATEST NEWSRead More
- Range Bandara’s son’s vehicle in mishap 3108
- Maithri sacks Janaka, Anura and Lohan 3144
- Ranil in Delhi 3093
- Three of 33 injured critical 3097
- Keep your promise while in India 3107
- Referendum this year – Rajitha 3098
- SLFP heading for same fate as Meethotamulla 3115
- Prez orders lump sum payment 3098
- CB was upside down – Ex-Asst Governor 3112
- Free train travel to Kandy for SLFP members 3107
- Ex-LTTE cadres protest NPC takeover 3114
- Call for urgent probe 3103
- Ministry’s letter worries FfMTAs 3097
- What would the second Korean war look like? 3235
- ‘One Belt One Road’ initiative Industrial Development Opportunities 3094
- Trump And China Risk Middle East Arms Race 3107
- 708g heroin worth Rs 7M 3083
- Australian temporary skilled migration reforms 3086
- Pakistan’s National Defence University delegation in SL 3083
- JDR Expert Team handsover findings to Prez 3082
- Invitation to Party reps 3968
- LIOC demand triples 3983
- CPC strike ends 3980
- Govt to own majority 3987
- JVP flays Trinco oil tank deal 3984
- What a Waste 2778
- Imminent Asia-Pacific Regional Economic Collapse In The Offing? 2768
- ‘Abolish SAITM’ Protest at R. Premadasa Stadium 2781
- Judiciary,help clean up garbage politics 2764
- Judiciary,help clean up garbage politics 2767
- RANIL, SIRISENA SET FOR TERM TWO ALREADY 3430
- Sadeepa, Nirmali set sprint records 2375
- Sivalingam takes Supersaints to new heights 2338
- Shah, Misbah put Pakistan on path to victory 2334
- India delay naming squad 2334
- BCCI rejects ICC’s $100 million offer 2338
- Karunaratne, Dias, Gunatilleke in main draw 2336
- Post-war economy, Mahinda regime and unity govt 3230
- National Sustainability undermined 3176
- Avoid dangerous ‘politicking’ With the MMDA 3109
- Executive Presidency: Boon or Bane 3194
- Want Govt to Degazette wilpattu forests 4040
- Muslims rage over Mannar land 4521
- Sampanthan has forgotten his people’s grievanceS 2589
- Anoka’s Mangrove campaign 4125
- Ministry of Megapolis responsible for Meethotamulla TRAGEDY 3246
- Garbage crisis has reached epic proportions 3130
- MR confident of ousting govt next year – Dinesh 2943
- Marikkar pours scorn on Govt, Rajapaksas 3270
- Mahinda Rajapaksa never left the fray – MR 2898
- Solution to problems is removal of Capitalist economy 2690
- Overcoming your own demons:Essential for reconciliation 4244
- SLFP in grip of unwholesome men – Mervyn Silva 1396
- 2 new Deputy Governors soon 2442
- $54M HOTEL ON MARINE DRIVE 2343
- First WTO agreement Colombo session today 2360
- Sluggish authorities hurting construction industry – CCI 2341
- LAUGFS buys Pan Asia Bank stake 2363
- Shares down for 2nd day, foreign inflows continue 2338
- The New Constitution Creating divisions for democracy 1747
- What is Good Governance? 1644
- Trump pushed into bombing Syria 1882
- Thailand discovers Power of Women Travellers 1741
- Economics of gambling 1583
- There were no Tamils in Ceylon until arrival of Westerners 1872
- Stallion heralds New Year 4348
- The House that Love Built 4464
- The challenges of self-representation 4339
- Solidarity Award for Prasanna Vithanage 4341
- History of Cinema 4333
- Trans national Cinematic Musical Discourse 3239
- Beware of touchy feeling! 1174
- Dazzling stars illuminated 1162
- G O O D L I F E D i a r i e s 1168
- Cuba 1167
- Science experiments A parachute 1168
- ENJOY WAFFLES TO YOUR HART'S CONTENT 1173