A bus carrying schoolchildren has crashed and caught fire in northern Italy, killing at least 16 people, emergency officials say.
Latest News - World
Rescuers in central Italy have found 10 survivors after an avalanche buried a mountain hotel.
The Gambia's long-term leader Yahya Jammeh says he will step down, after refusing to accept defeat in elections.
At least 15 people were killed and 30 others injured on Saturday in a blast at a vegetable market in northwest Pakistan's restive Kurram Agency, officials said.
President Donald Trump has painted a bleak picture of a broken country after being sworn in as US president.
Three people have died and up to 20 are injured after a car deliberately struck pedestrians in central Melbourne, police say.
US air strikes kill Isis militants plotting new terror attacks in Europe as Libya camps destroyed 700
American forces have bombed two Isis camps in Libya where militants were plotting new terror attacks on Europe.
As the protests against the ban on Jallikattu escalated across Tamil Nadu on Thursday, Chief Minister O Panneerselvam, who met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the Capital, declared that his government would "take steps with the backing of the Centre" to hold the traditional bull-taming sport.
The most controversial, unconventional and the most anti- Foundation President will be sworn in today in the US which was considered the "Land of the Free". Republican President-elect Donald J. Trump will be sworn in as the 45th President of the United States of America today (20).
Thirty people are missing after an avalanche buried a small hotel in the mountains of central Italy after a series of earthquakes, authorities say.
President spoke of his daughters' resilience and said: 'If we work hard, if we're true to those things in us that feel right, the world gets a little better each time'.
Russian and Turkish jets have carried out their first joint strikes on so-called Islamic State (IS) inside Syria, the Russian defence ministry says.
Thousands of people in India's southern Tamil Nadu state are protesting against a ban on bullfighting.
A Nigerian military jet has mistakenly bombed a camp for displaced people in the north-east, killing at least 52 people and injuring many more.
A former Apprentice contestant who accuses US President-elect Donald Trump of sexual assault has filed a defamation lawsuit against him.
Drivers of the electronic cars will again be able to set the self-driving features to break the speed limit, even on undivided roads.
Authorities in northern India have ordered the closure of a Coca-Cola bottling plant at the centre of protests that it is extracting too much groundwater, an official said Wednesday.
The UK will not retain "partial" membership of the EU once it leaves, Theresa May will say in her much-anticipated Brexit speech.
A Turkish Airlines cargo plane from Hong Kong has crashed in Kyrgyzstan, killing at least 32 people, most of them on the ground, say officials.
Inmates have seized control of the largest prison in the north-eastern Brazilian city of Natal.
Taboo to SLFPers 1688
- More job opportunities for local seafarers 288
- Tamil Diaspora lobbies against GSP plus 288
- Foreign exits pass Rs 75B mark 288
- Peace Airways to fly six A 380s from Mattala 294
- Poor quality fuel re-enters market 288
- Wiggy returns from Canada with ‘cough’ 4561
- Control the price of rice 3756
- 15 families move into DS office 3758
- SLFP moots LG polls under ‘FPP’ 3764
- Conman takes parents on Rs 3 M ride 3998
- Hakeem wants Govt rethink 3775
- Delimitation report gazetted soon 3748
- Six injured in home-and-home feud 3764
- Fine increased to Rs 200,000 3788
- Tamil ‘State Language’ in Tamil Majority Areas 3773
- Imported Rice Not above Rs 76 a kilo 3745
- President appeals: ‘Avert energy crisis’ 3741
- ‘I’ll turn the tables in a jiffy’ 3771
- JVP ups Anti-Govt Initiatives 3745
- Taboo to SLFPers 3762
- SLPP will shun UPFA nominations 3759
- Lagarde lauds SL’s economic efforts 3743
- Thousands protest in USA 3747
- Two exclusive HCs to hear cases? 3957
- Dengue strikes UK envoy 4581
- A Commonwealth Quartet 3629
- CTF recommendations and hybrid court 3612
- Singing in Paradise 3612
- Galle and its annual literary festival 3590
- SRI LANKANS AND THE ROYAL ACCOLADES 3589
- DONALD TRUMP…CHUMP, MORON, PARADOX 3077
- Molligoda in final 31
- CCC take first innings points 32
- Nipun scores second ton 32
- SL rout Zim by 7 wickets 33
- SL returns to Wanderers to save the series 32
- Kandy seal win with first-half blitz 32
- The vision a nightmare; the revenue a myth! 94
- A Rishad canard! 93
- Flying high in ‘Velvet city’ 94
- Govt has no business in our bedrooms 94
- Woman returns home after 26 years of captivity 92
- Drought plays havoc 92
- Coal industry mafia sacked me 115
- I have a responsibility to correct this Govt 114
- A NEW CONSTITUTION A MUST 3336
- WIDER PARTICIPATION MANDATORY FOR PEOPLE-FRIENDLY CONSTITUTION 3941
- Political furnace heating up once more 3233
- No need for a new Constitution 3923
- People are sick of the same old faces 2976
- Sarath Silva Slams Tinkering in Law/Constitution 4291
- No property in Wimal’s name – Shashi Weerawansa 6263
- Government rushing into self-destruction 2938
- China’s economy grows 6.7% in 2016 74
- Back-up plan to seek partner for SriLankan 74
- China posts weakest growth in 26 years 74
- Political ramifications complicate fiscal consolidation 74
- CBSL retires Rs 34.1B T-Bills 74
- FTA with NZ in the offing 74
- Way for True Conciliation! 3864
- Mathews is confident of bouncing back 2669
- Djokovic still the biggest rival, says Murray 3264
- Odissi dance recital Taal Taranga 174
- Candid and Undeterred remarks on Luke Wright 175
- Enchanting scrutiny into historical novels 175
- Davena Vihagun (aka Burning Birds) for The Ingamar Bergman Film Award 174
- Rev. Fr. Harold Panditharatne – Teacher Par Excellance 174
- Postnational cinema? 175
- Authentic poetry rewarded 43
- Kala Pola 2017 43
- A mighty platform for the creative writer 44
- The start of a new year 44
- Special Chinese New Year food festival 44
- Escape to Sigiriya 43