FIFA World Cup will make Colombo, Sri Lanka one of its destinations in their around-the-world journey which will begin on 22 January 2018. It was officially revealed at the press conference held at the Duncan White auditorium yesterday.
Latest News - Sports
Final six (6) matches of the first round in the SLC Premier League Tier 'A' Inter Club Cricket tournament season 2017/18 will begin today (19).
Sri Lanka will take on Pakistan in the last match of the first round of the 12th ICC Under 19 Cricket World Cup at Cobham Oval, Whangarei, New Zealand today (19).
Veteran Coach Yogananda Wijesundara was felicitated yesterday by the Save the Sports Organization, with the participation of Arjuna Ranatunga, Minister of Petroleum Resources Development, at the National Olympic Committee Auditorium, in recognition of the services rendered by him.
Sri Lanka captain Angelo Mathews has vowed for his side to put their woeful time in 2017 behind them, and begin their rebuilding process while looking ahead to the 2019 World Cup in England. With only five wins in 29 ODIs in 2017, it is important for Sri Lanka to begin 2018 on a positive note when they take the field on Wednesday for their tri-series fixture against Zimbabwe today.
A press release from the Royal College Group of '91 states the annual Touch Rugby tournament 'Royal Rugby Fiesta 2018' will kick off on Sunday 21 January 2018 at Havelock's grounds at 8:30 a.m. and go on until 6:00 p.m. An estimated 25 rugby teams will participate.
A Jamaican women's bobsled team have qualified for next month's Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, 30 years after a men's team from the Caribbean nation first made their fairytale appearance at the 1988 Calgary Games, it was reported here Monday.
(AFP) Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe all have a point to prove when they battle each other in a tri-nation one-day tournament in Dhaka from Monday.
Shanaka Clay from the United Kingdom will be blazing the track at the X30 Asia Cup to be held at the Sri Lanka Karting Circuit on Sunday 14 January.
By Nadeesha Chathuranga
Havelock Sports Club will hold the edge over Army Sports Club during their inter-club rugby match which is to be played at Havelock Park today.
The International Cricket Council Thursday approved the new Perth Stadium to host all international formats of all the game, formally lowering the curtain on the city's venerable WACA Ground.
Six-time champion Novak Djokovic will lurk as 14th seed for next week's Australian Open in Melbourne, with Rafael Nadal seeded top, organisers said on Thursday.
- Will Legal Action be taken to recover bonds scam loss? Corruption Watchdogs express concern
- PM’s special statement on bonds scam Rs 12B PTL assets under CB control Frozen assets to be used to regain Rs 9.2B loss
- Rift between SLFP and UNP Investors feel country unstable - SLID Chairman
- Approx 60 candidates unsuited for LG
- Failure to probe financial misconduct CIABOC charges ex-CJ Mohan Peiris with corruption
- PRECIFAC Report Majority implicated are SLFPers- Amaraweera
- Revocation of excise notice lifting ban on women FR petitioners to form army Mangala signs notice re-imposing ban on Cabinet request
- Reserves down $ 484.36M to $ 7,468.22M
- Marsoof Report on Muslim Matrimonial Law ready Committee Chair awaits meeting Justice Minister to release Report
- Mixing kerosene with diesel CPC closes petrol shed in Nawala Minister Ranatunga seeks public help to catch errant shed owners
- Public help sought to identify kidnappers
- MP Ranjith de Zoysa removed from SLFP organizer post
- Nepalese Army Chief of Staff meets SLAF Commander
- Perumal blasts TNA for clinging to Govt
- Poaching Indian fishers nabbed with heroin
- UNP’s Hassen Ali crosses over
- Female representation in politics should be 50 pc - Ponnambalam
- Akkaraipattu gets 4 agri roads
- Overseas travel ban on Aluthgamage lifted
- Pakistani Army Chief says Lanka has achieved significant development
- Posting Eelam/LTTE New Year greetings Suspects re-remanded
- Rohitha’s travel ban lifted
- I & E officers’ TU action meanders on
- HC hears plaintiff’s testimony
- Breach of trust and misappropriation Arrest warrant issued on singer Rajeew Sebastian
- Sri Lanka batters fail
- Chelsea edge into FA Cup fourth round
- Missed Messi penalty cost Barca in cup derby defeat
- Neymar scores four as Cavani matches Zlatan record
- Crowd behaves badly as prankster halts play
- Sainz closes in on second Dakar title
- Kohli named ‘Cricketer of the Year’
- Kanrich ‘B’ crush Stafford Motors
- Premier League Cricket Tier A Final six matches begins today
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-19 Cricket Ameen achieves 50 wicket milestone
- No attempts to remove PUCSL members: Power Secretary
- Agreement with China, UN for fruit production
- Airbus Superjumbo jet’s future secured by Emirates order
- ‘Spot’ falls on political uncertainty
- Shares tumble further
- Asian shares mixed as China data comes in
- WE Have done everything possible to address Weliamuna issues: SriLankan
- China’s economy grew 6.9% in 2017, topping both official target and 2016 growth
- Indian Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad delivers Kadirgamar Lecture
- NDB’s ‘Pancha Maama’ visits Katana Pre-school
- National Prosperity Starter for turning the tide!
- Taiwan mulls Third gender option on passports, IDs
- Yemen could face famine in 2018
- Imposing Civic Liability for the Bond Scam
- With rebel ceasefire in tatters Fears of fresh displacement in Colombia –UN
- ‘Jallikattu’ Syndrome: Expression of ethnic angst
- Big brands unite to fight slavery in Asia Banks to casinos unite in fight
- Evolution of India’s Constitutional and Democratic Polity
- Overlooking the Monetary Law Act 1949 Politicization of the Central Bank
- Complete Rohingya return in two years Bangladesh agrees with Myanmar
- If given power We’ll develop country in two years -Chandrasiri Mahagamage
- Upcoming LG Elections a referendum
- No political solution for Tamil grievances in sight – Ananthy Sasitharan
- Division in SLFP main reason for UNP victory
- We don’t endorse Basil’s leadership
- National Prosperity Turning the Tide
- Disposable coffee cups:British lawmakers call for “latte levy”
- If only we could crackdown on the root causes to effect sustainable solutions Herein lies a Nation’s progress
- Jumanji’s Adventure Remake In Theatres Now
- PLAN AHEAD
- The Darker Side of Christmas
- For a hopeful tomorrow
- Millennials and Marriages
- Planetary combines that foreshadow misfortune for father
- Pirith chants for abundant harvest
- Venus into Capricorn
- Vastu and Domestic Animals
- Yoga for Children and Adults with Disabilities
- Notes on history: The thinkers and the doers
- Reflections on a nation of non-readers
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Trump’s ‘madman’ ACT scared N. Korea to talks
- Calls for ‘revenge’ Israeli settler killed in attack
- Banning of Colombo Journal First English Newspaper
- Sri Lankan author publishes for the world
- Broadway brought to our own shores
- Celebrating the harvest