There's never a shortage of drama surrounding a series that involves Pakistan. If it was initially their Test whitewash at the hands of Sri Lanka, it was followed by Sri Lankan players' reservations about travelling to Pakistan for the three-match Twenty20 International series. The latest involves captain Sarfraz Ahmed reporting an approach by a bookmaker in Dubai to fix a game.
Latest News - Sports
Finals of the DSI Supersport Schools Volleyball Championship National level will begin at the Indoor Stadium of the National Youth Services Council Maharagama today (23).
Dhruv Sheoran from India fought back in startling fashion with a thin persistent drizzle in fading light and cold wet conditions at the Nuwara Eliya course to beat Sisira Kumara on the 36th hole to become Sri Lanka Amateur Golf Champion 2017 yesterday.
By Sirinama Rajapaksa reporting from UAE
Sri Lanka currently on a seven-match losing streak and extremely low in confidence, will face Pakistan in the fourth ODI in Sharjah today. It will be another uphill task for the tourists to turn the corner with the hosts having already taken a 3-0 unassailable lead in the five-match series. Sri Lanka will need to bolster their batting line up in today's fourth ODI, after their batsmen had misfired in the first three games of the ongoing series.
Sri Lanka will meet host West Indies in their first T20I match at the Coolidge Cricket ground Antigua today (19).
Indonesian football was in mourning on Monday after celebrated goalkeeper Choirul Huda died following an on-pitch collision with a team-mate.
Pakistan's experienced batsman Shoaib Malik believes youngsters should be given the chance to carry a winning momentum into the second day-night international against Sri Lank in Abu Dhabi on Monday.
Interesting fixtures are on the cards in the Dialog Champions League soccer tournament set to be played this Saturday. All matches will commence at 3.00 p.m.
The final leg of the Asian Rugby 7's series, powered by Dialog, will kick-off at the Race Course International Stadium on 14 and 15 October, where Sri Lanka Rugby Men's and Women's teams will scrum down for supremacy against the heavyweights of Asian Rugby.
After a comprehensive 2-0 win in the Test series Sri Lanka come out with their morale high in the first of the five-match one day series starting in Dubai on Friday. Pakistan were upset 2-0 in the preceding Test series but they are hoping to change their fortunes and carry the limited over form which helped them win the eight-nation Champions Trophy held in England in June this year.
All districts' events of the National Youth Chess Championship 2017/2018 will be held on 21, 22, 23, 28, 29 and 30 October 2017.
A sum of thirty four million rupees has been allocated for the period 2018 to 2020 to the Sri Lanka Anti Doping Agency (SLADA) from the Government Consolidation Fund to conduct doping tests, in order to ensure that sports is free of performance enhancing drugs.
- The Architecture of Democracy’s Processes
- WHY A N-E MERGER IS UNNECESSARY NEW CONSTITUTION:A VERITABLE TIME BOMB!
- Six houses damaged in wild jumbo fury Jittery villagers live in fear
- ‘Faculty Day’ at SEUSL
- Sponsor Free Visa Lanka dropped in new Oman facility The Maldives, Bhutan on selected list
- Two killed in crash on E-03
- Indian HC launches B. Tech degree course at SIBA
- Devolution might have an adverse effect on healthcare GMOA
- Girl expelled from school NCPA to act on Police probe
- People’s plight has worsened Siriwimala Thera
- This is no fairy tale Sheree joyously waits Meeting up with biological mum and twin sis in Gampaha
- Prompt aid for disaster victims Ranil Flays Ministries for delays
- Alleged assault on protesters: Report to NPC next week
- Aloysius senior in alleged estate scam Rs 8,000 as rent for 450 acres
- New Constitution not prepared yet Ranil
- Tamil translation of proposed new Constitution Public invited to participate
- President dares critics provide solutions to devolution
- Pakistan’s press freedom not suppressed-Janjua
- President visits Vithya’s mother
- Temple of Tooth gets new mallet Gifted by ex-Japanese politician
- Govt to hold back Audit Bill Claiming AG Dept unions’ opposition
- Sampanthan and Pablo meet Prisoners, land issues raised
- Unemployment increases to 4.5% Labour force drops to 53.9%
- Government debt passes Rs 10 Trillion
- Death of Jacintha Peiris
- Sri Lanka aim to arrest slide
- Sri Lanka ‘A’ tour of the Caribbean Sri Lanka ‘A’ win by 280 runs
- Former Police ruggerite ‘Kunta’ dies
- Kandy SC beat Singapore
- Blue and Gold Hockey 7s Nalanda and Musaeus emerge champions
- Kohli scores 100 in his 200th ODI match
- Dialog Champions League Matara hold Renown to a draw
- Man Utd loss lets Man City pull away
- WEBXPAY partners with Havelock Sports Club
- Dialog spearheads ‘Play for a Cause’ to empower School Cricket
- The need for a balanced National Tobacco Policy
- A sweeter path to sustainable energy
- Will Australia’s ‘miracle economy’ keep on winning?
- Rumours aside, the ‘world’s biggest IPO’ is on track
- Bring Wet Zone under the plough Only 22% get Govt drought relief WFP
- Startup success, and the new future of consumer testing
- CHINA’S ASIA VISION similar to 1945, WITH ONE DIFFERENCE MONEY Post-World War plans inspired many, but were undermined by a dire economic situation
- US business goes in to battle for cherished tax breaks Lobbyists descend on the Hill as Republicans debate eliminating popular loopholes
- OPPO to launch new Selfie Expert First full-screen device from the smartphone brand
- Advantis Engineering awarded at NCASL Construct 2017
- Extremism will strengthen the devil
- Kiriella tells Dinesh ‘You’ve misled Mahanayakes’
- Concentrated wisdom Learning from others
- lateral thinking Nation’s guardians celebrate 68th Anniversary
- A Time of Gifts Starting to wind down
- Plague in Madagascar: Death toll nears 100
- Tiger Trap
- Chronic kidney diseases Pinning down ‘culprits’
- Federalism made a dirty word by politicians - Wigneswaran
- 100th Birth Anniversary Mahanama Samaraweera was a Housing Minister without a house - H.G. Sirisena
- Suicide prevention Sri Lanka has made best improvements WHO data outdated
- Namal trying hard to become a political prisoner Betrays protesters to party in Russia – Rajakaruna
- Aloysius should have been arrested-Namal Rajapaksa
- No Revenge I want to embrace all those who left us – Basil Rajapaksa
- Large Industrial Zone for Thulhiriya
- A Constitutional Framework for Sri Lanka
- UNHRC Resolution 30/1 Implications for Sri Lanka (Part II) (Based on a presentation to the OPA)
- Electoral Reforms are for People’s Benefit
- A Delhi Diwali
- The Unwrapped Hope - Translated
- An Aspirant to the Throne of Hearts-Virajini Thennekoon
- The latest addition to the Galle Hospitality industry
- Best Hikes in Sri Lanka
- Saturn’s return to Sagittarius on Oct: 26
- SATURN TRANSITS SAGITTARIUS
- Saturn transits Sagittarius October 26 onwards crucial for offenders
- How to relieve a headache in five minutes
- Best ways to use illusion
- Kazuo Ishiguro and English diction
- KAZUO ISHIGURO – the new Nobel Laureate
- Flair for the Exotic
- OUSL wins Gold and Silver medals for the Best Practice Award
- Invitation for Project proposals
- Colombo Theatre Forum The Dramaturge
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- “My greatest achievement is yet to be achieved” - Thiyasha De Fonseka
- WAXED COLOMBO
- Writer’s Kitchenette Banana Bread Cheesecake
- Was Dudley Senanayake aware of the ‘62’ coup
- Batticaloa MP Sinna Lebbe proposed Lion Flag
- The Deadliest Bombing in Somalia
- Long live Sybil!
- Pettah’s ‘Fashion Star’
- Do’s and don’ts of celebrating your child’s birthday at an orphanage