The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced new regulations for helmet safety during men's and women's international matches.
Latest News - Sports
Luis Suarez scored twice as Barcelona cut Real Madrid's La Liga lead to two points by thrashing Las Palmas.
Britain's world number one Andy Murray will play Ukraine's Ilya Marchenko in the Australian Open first round.
China faces a ban from international weightlifting competition after three of its athletes failed doping tests.
Cristiano Ronaldo was named the world's best player at the inaugural Best Fifa Football Awards, beating old rival Lionel Messi to the title.
Sri Lanka may look to avoid a white wash when they fly to Johannesburg where they will meet South Africa in the third Test, but the pitch they will get there will be the faster and bouncier in the series.
Rugby referees are to be felicitated for the first time for the tremendous and untiring work they do under immense pressure on the field.
Sri Lanka will send six players (3 girls and 3 boys) to participate in the ITF Asia 14 years and under Development Tennis Championship division II to be held at the Asian Training Centre in Bangkok, Thailand from 8 to 21 January.
Wayne Rooney became Manchester United's joint leading scorer of all time when he scored his 249th goal for the club on Saturday in the FA Cup third-round tie against Reading
Sir Andy Murray will face defending champion Novak Djokovic in the Qatar Open final on Saturday after beating third seed Tomas Berdych in the semis.
The Blue Star Sport Club lock horns with Air Force SC in the super eight of the Dialog Champions League knock-out match starting at 3 p.m. at Kelaniya Football Complex today.
Sri Lankan captain Angelo Mathews said poor batting was the main reason for his team's 282-run defeat on the fourth day of the second Test against South Africa at Newlands on Thursday.
"OK, THAT'S it." M S Dhoni needed just three words to let the chairman of selectors, M S K Prasad, know late Wednesday evening that he was ready to step down as India's captain in ODIs and T20s.
Defending champion Prince of Wales College (A) Moratuwa will meet Tissa Central College (A) Kalutara in the final of the 'Singer Trophy' Under-13 Division 1 inter schools cricket tournament today (5).
The Brazilian soccer team that saw most of its senior players perish in a plane crash in November is rebuilding its team almost entirely, in time for the country's new soccer season.
- Mangala flies to Sweden 4133
- Ranil off to Davos 4109
- ‘Buddhist Ideals of Good Governance’ launch today 4126
- ACs on or above 26C to be made compulsory 4116
- Sri Lanka eyes oil imports from Iran 4111
- Prez to take control of Lotteries 4252
- Two fisheries harbours released from HSZ 4109
- UNP’s Sattar to sign DAC report 4113
- Lottery ticket sellers to quit 4118
- EC summons Party Secys 4103
- Body count ticks on in road accidents 4094
- Drone crashes into Stupa 4593
- Farmers demand compensation 4089
- Three-wheeler drivers flay new proposals 4552
- ‘Free Wimal’ protest today 4105
- Beware of those who bring presents 3678
- OF ROAD MAPS AND A RECOVERABLE ECONOMY 3619
- Better deal thro common approach 3604
- Mathews defend his bowling tactics 2972
- Dabare, Perera keep Havies on top 2925
- India dominate Sepak Takraw championship 2927
- People are sick of the same old faces 2738
- Sarath Silva Slams Tinkering in Law/Constitution 4216
- No property in Wimal’s name – Shashi Weerawansa 6200
- How Snapchat will change the music industry in 2017 2859
- Asia’s week: China GDP and President Donald Trump 2860
- Two presidents could move markets this week 2860
- John Berger Art of seeing 3032
- Aloko Udapadi 3015
- India’s Saffron Saga 3058
- Footpaths Towards Deconstruction - Part 05 3030
- Crucial period in Chinese cinema 3031
- Madeleine Mitchell in recital 3020
- Blooming death 2652
- Corals in crisis: increasing resilience to climate change 2640
- A chance to win refrigerators 2637
- AN AFTERNOON WITH MANISH MALHOTRA IN ABU DHABI 2643
- Unique digital marketing campaign 2639
- A riot of colour 2645