Australian fast bowler Shaun Tait has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket, thus ending his illustrious 15-year career at the competitive level.
Latest News - Sports
ESPN: ICC Chairman Shashank Manohar submitted his resignation, but just 10 days later he had agreed to withdraw it and continue in his post, supposedly persuaded by a vast majority of the ICC Board of Directors to remain.
Richmond College Galle will meet Thurstan College Colombo in the final of the "Singer Cup" Under-19 inter schools Division One Limited Over Cricket tournament at Campbell Park today (26).
Virat Kohli is in serious doubt for the final match of the tied India-Australia series in Dharamsala and will have to pass a fitness test.
Two leading schools in Matara, St. Servatius College and St. Thomas' College will lock horns at the 117th annual cricket encounter at the Uyanwatte Stadium Matara on 24 and 26 March.
Panadura's big cricket encounter, the 25th 'Battle of the Greens' between Royal and St. John's Colleges will battle for the Mervyn J. Cooray Memorial Trophy at the Panadura Esplanade on 24 and 25 March.
The Sri Lanka Junior Golf Championship organized by Sri Lanka Golf Union, with Perera & Sons being the main sponsor, will be held from 18–21 April at Royal Golf Club. This Championship was inaugurated 4 years ago with the hopes of getting the youth more interested in playing golf at a professional level.
The undisputed National Schools hockey champion team of Royal College will be on a tour to Canberra, Australia from 23 March to 1 April as per an invitation received from Australian Hockey ACT via the Sri Lankan High Commission in Canberra. In 2016 after a highly competitive tournament at the Astro hockey turf, the U-18 team went on to win the gold medal and prove their supremacy.
The 101 year old tennis court of Hillwood College got a facelift and was opened recently thanks to the initiatives taken by the Principal and Past Pupils Association.
Delhi Daredevils on Monday advised that all-rounder Jean-Paul Duminy has withdrawn from the upcoming edition of the VIVO Indian Premier League (IPL).
Thurstan College will meet Nalanda College in a semi-final clash in the 'Singer Cup' U-19 inter schools Division One Limited Overs Cricket tournament at Surrey Grounds Maggona today.
Bangladesh (467 & 191/6) won the second test against Sri Lanka (338 & 319) by 4 wickets.
Former Pakistan skipper Javed Miandad has demanded death penalty for those involved in match-fixing. "Why don't you take strong measures?
England's Tyrrell Hatton and Matthew Fitzpatrick are both three shots off the lead going into the final round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational.
Sri Lanka Cricket has announced the names of the 15 players who will form the squad for the One-day International matches against Bangladesh which starts on 25th March at the Dambulla International Cricket Stadium. The team which will be captained by Upul Tharanga will also comprise of the following: Niroshan Dickwella Dhananjaya de Silva Kusal Mendis Asela Gunaratne Dinesh Chandimal Kusal Janith Perera Danushka Gunathilake Suranga Lakmal Lahiru Kumara Vikum Sanjaya Bandara Thisara Perera Sachith Pathirana Seekkuge Prasanna Lakshan Sandakan
Thurstan College Colombo and Maris Stella College Negombo have taken control in their games in the quarter-finals of the 'Singer Trophy' Under 19 division 1 inter schools in the cricket tournament played at Kadirana and Surrey grounds yesterday on day one.
Galle town will come alive as their most anticipated cricket encounter between Richmond and Mahinda Colleges will begin today at the Galle International Cricket Stadium.
Dinesh Chandimal scored his 8th test century during the 2nd test against Bangladesh.
Dharmaraja College and Kingswood College two leading schools in the Hill Capital Kandy will clash in the 111th 'Battle of the Maroons' (Kandy's oldest big match) on Friday (17) and Saturday (18) at Pallekelle International Cricket Stadium for the 'T.B. Tennakoon Memorial Shield'.
Shashank Manohar resigned as ICC Chairman, after 8 months, citing personal reasons.
- Since taking over from Avant Garde Navy’s OBST earns Rs 3 B for Govt 3828
- Schools big match season 22 vehicles in custody 3795
- President hints at Cabinet reshuffle 3839
- Three Lankan pilgrims die Extremely cold weather in Dambadiva 3795
- 2,484 dengue patients in Trinco 3786
- Wimal taken to prison hospital Hunger strike enters fifth day 3802
- President misled on Wilpattu issue – ECT Gazette provides zero relief for destruction 3811
- R’kanth’s Jaffna visit dropped 3777
- Rajinikanth’s SL tour cancellation Welcomed by Parties barring BJP 3783
- IUSF in 65 anti-SAITM protests Demand scrapping of Institute 3789
- JVPer claims paddy sold to distillery at Rs 28 3853
- Maligawa Road will remain closed – Kiriella 3819
- Suspect arrested with revolver 3782
- Soma Agnes Maduragoda dies George Perera’s Mother-in-law 3783
- Strike in Afghanistan US confirms al-Qaida figure killed 3780
- Soaring dengue cases 3769
- Visit My Mosque Open day for everyone 3766
- 25 held in pre-dawn Police swoop Illicit liquor, narcotics seized 3766
- Kalkudah distillery runs into snag PS approval in limbo 3772
- South Eastern University shuns ragging 3768
- Civil society should assist Police –DIG 3764
- Defending Liberal Democracy in Poland 3773
- Fighting for Life at 60 3806
- Kandy tops list in air pollution 2758
- CBSL printsRs 48.9B Money printing costs up by Rs 676M to RS 7.9B 2711
- From Russia with friendship: ‘Kandyan Kastane’ 3291
- Is the Government attempting to STIFLE PUBLIC’S RIGHT TO PROTEST? 3288
- Protests, fisticuffs and fast unto death 3239
- Are tourism authorities wearing blinkers? 3206
- A time of gifts 3137
- Nationalists and globalists 3125
- Richmond emerge champions 2713
- SL in deep slump 2725
- Lyon claims four key wickets 2711
- Joes beat Antonians 2706
- Muthuthanthri set for captaincy ? 2745
- Vettel wins Australian Grand Prix 2716
- The roles people play Prioritizing Sex & Gender 3168
- Typical double standards & hypocrisy 3031
- Main cause of kidney diseases 3077
- ‘Posh Pooches’ to be lavished with love 3031
- Preventive measures 3010
- Opening a can of worms 3063
- Rewarded for sensitizing rights of the disabled 3121
- Foreign Judges can hear cases – Niran Anketell 3093
- We await President’s response – Gemunu 3231
- LTTE atrocities also have to be investigated 3808
- Exporters to EU must be educated on Brexit – GM ECCSL Srinath 3296
- Speaker refused our request 3288
- Dinesh only UPFA’s Deputy Leader 3285
- Voters must exercise caution when electing MPs – Harshana Rajakaruna 2580
- Forced family planning is happening countywide – Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara Thera 3901
- ITAK’s arbitrary actions cause conflict in TNA – Sivasakthy Ananthan 3558
- G20 drops pledge to fight protectionism Bows down to US opposition in spite of China 3321
- Chinawood: The merging of ‘Hollywood’ and ‘Made in China’ 3300
- Facebook to challenge YouTube and Spotify 3298
- Revised IMF deal expected by April Disbursement by June – Central Bank 3306
- Sri Lankan to maintain fleet position 3450
- High production costs hurting shipbuilding industry 3305
- The crisis in Parliament: Twilight of a functioning democracy 3497
- Mispriced Risk of Infectious Diseases 2440
- Limelight on Sri Lanka again 2444
- Former JVP terror districts continue in poverty 3668
- Valencia stun Real Madrid 2915
- GSP+ To sustain economy or to Mutate society? 3240
- Musicalisation of Narrative 3892
- The Many Faces of Galle -Part 2 3923
- Footpaths Towards Deconstruction- Part 14 3901
- Afternoon Shadows 3911
- Living up to ideals 4059
- Clash of the Titans in Nuwara Eliya 3944
- The plight of our corals 1725
- India’s largest international décor mall launched in Bangalore 1705
- The games gods and politicians play 1702
- A challenged life 1693
- The Threshold: Patching up our privileged defeats 1761
- Animal assisted therapy 1697