205 Innings taken by AB de Villiers to complete 9000 runs in ODIs - the fewest among the 18 batsmen to get there. Sourav Ganguly was the previous fastest - 228 innings.
Latest News - Sports
Three Russian athletes have been cleared to return to competition by the IAAF's doping review board.
Wayne Rooney's agent Paul Stretford is in China to see if he can negotiate a deal for the forward to leave Manchester United.
CT Sports: Navy Sports Club and Havelock Sports Club fights for a place in the Clifford Cup final as these two rugby giants go head to head in the all important semi-final at Race Course International Rugby Stadium in Colombo this evening.
Havies who were fancied for the league title at the end of the first round, ended up being second, losing twice to Kandy, but they will have another go at the champions should they hold off the Sailors today.
Sri Lanka received a huge blow ahead of their third and final T20 against Australia to be played in Adelaide Oval today as dashing opener Niroshan Dickwella has been suspended for two limited over games as punishment for showing dissent during Sunday's pulsating Twenty20 win over Australia.
Chris Gayle , Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene have refused to travel to Lahore to play the final match of the ongoing second edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL).
Standard Chartered will meet Commercial Credit & Finance 'B' in the final of the 6th 'BMW/Hyundai' Trophy – MCA 'C' division 50 over League Tournament 2017 on 25 February at the MCA Grounds, commencing 10.00 a.m.
Niroshan Dickwella banned from playing in the 3rd T20 and 1st ODI against Australia for breaching the ICC Code of Conduct.
The South Africa and India Women cricket teams will battle it out in the tournament final of the ICC women's qualifier today at the P. Sara Oval at 10 a.m.
Stuart Bingham held his nerve in a tense final frame to beat Judd Trump 9-8 and win his first Welsh Open title.
(AFP) Gareth Bale made an instant impact on his return from injury as Real Madrid extended their lead at the top of La Liga to four points with a 2-0 win over Espanyol on Saturday.
CT Sports: Sri Lanka qualified for the ICC Women's World Cup when they secured a 42 runs victory over Bangladesh Women on the Duckworth/Lewis system in a rain-affected ICC Women's qualifier played at NCC grounds yesterday.
Emily Nelson won silver for Great Britain in the omnium at the Track Cycling World Cup in Colombia.
Sri Lanka (172/5 in 20 ov) beat Australia (168/6) by 5 wickets in the 1st T-20. Asela Gunarathna 52. Dilshan Munaweera 44.
The Sri Lanka Golf Union, the governing body of Golf in Sri Lanka, launched the inaugural 'Train the Trainer' Programme, under the tutelage of a Class A Professional (PGTCA).
Sri Lanka spearhead Lasith Malinga will mark his return to International T20 after an year when Sri Lanka take on Australia in the first game in the three match T20I series to be played at Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) today.
Thurstan College Colombo recorded their 7th outright victory this season when they beat Maliyadeva College Kurunegala by 9 wickets at Kurunegala yesterday. Naveen Gunawardhane had a match bag of 14 wickets for 85 runs including 9/30 in the second inning.
CT Sports: The super six of the ICC Women's Qualifier will kick off today with Sri Lanka facing Pakistan at NCC Grounds.
Joe Root has been named as England's Test captain, succeeding Alastair Cook, who last week stepped down after four years in the job.
Zahira College Colombo and Shashthrananda MV Dehiwala won their matches of the "Singer Cup" Under-19 inter schools Cricket tournament played yesterday.
- Namal slaps CBK with defamation 3344
- Pakistan still eyeing JF-17 Thunder Fighter sale to Sri Lanka 3141
- CID grills govt Printer, Director, others 3178
- LRC seeks Police protection 3134
- MR to meet Tamil and Muslim leaders 3187
- Leprosy hits western province 3140
- skipper of ill-fated boat remanded 3129
- Raggers will be promptly expelled 3151
- Double-speak from SB on Wimal 3155
- VX nerve agent killed Kim Jong-nam 3134
- More snags foul up Constitution making 3254
- NFPWHR warns of massive protest 3131
- Mangala meets US HDP delegation 3138
- SL Police deny ‘hunting’ refugees in HK 3129
- 1500 students denied Uni education 3182
- SLFP CMs to boycott meeting 3129
- Wimal not a party leader – Dayasiri 3131
- New Zealand-bound boat people held 3122
- Pension for disabled ex-soldiers 3123
- Divorce case ends after 18 years 3178
- Payagala death toll now 16 3953
- MR hits out at CBK 4054
- ONUR refutes Army claims 3948
- Case against Rohitha on 5 March 3955
- Nearly 10% of children don’t attend school – Survey 4112
- February – a celebratory month 3110
- Political mayhem 3123
- Significance of Sri Lanka’s legal profession 3114
- A house divided 3102
- Building castles in the air 3107
- Upholding children’s rights 5648
- Ronaldinho launches soccer academy in China 2211
- French possess fear factor, says Zebo 2218
- UB Finance main sponsor for STC Rugby for 2017 2212
- New circular issued to allow player poaching 2258
- Malinda claims seven scalps 2215
- Trinity destroys Wesley 2225
- Derailed in Sri Lanka 3654
- Wigneswaran’s irrationality Leading Tamil’s astray 3757
- A tale of woe and courage 3040
- On the Grapevine 2952
- 10 children and 33 grandchildren Centenarian vows to live 104 years 2940
- Is India Still Interested Developing Trincomalee Port? 3333
- SAITM students will not be accepted by any country– Prof. Hiran Amerasekera 3137
- I have no issues with the Minister– Anoma Gamage 3502
- LG elections should be under new system 3332
- Dr. Sivamohan reiterates preference for foreign intervention 2896
- RICE SHORTAGE AND HIGH PRICES BIG MILL OWNERS TO BLAME SAYS ACPF 3045
- I believe in cooperative politics – Karuna 2010
- I like to talk to diehard Sinhala chauvinists – Wigneswaran 2360
- Justices should be subject to judicial audits 3750
- Traders have imported rice under local branding– Duminda Dissanayake 3627
- CTSU to protest SAITM ruling-on the streets 3872
- UPS delivery drone has glitch at launch event 2691
- Arik Air investment offer rejected by Ethiopian Airlines 2689
- Facebook confusion over fake cancer babies U-turns 2690
- A guided tour of the cybercrime underground 2687
- Google’s self-driving firm sues Uber 2687
- JTB awarded for promotion of brand Jamaica at Rio Olympics 2691
- Valencia stun Real Madrid 2727
- GSP+ To sustain economy or to Mutate society? 3044
- Fully fledged Media Commission by June – DGI 3076
- Way for True Conciliation! 4241
- Mathews is confident of bouncing back 2848
- Djokovic still the biggest rival, says Murray 3395
- Malayalam film - “Orazhcha” (A week) 4553
- Sri Lanka’s Finest Talent – but Who Cares? 4549
- The mesmerizing mystery of Mozart’s music – Mass in C major KV317 (Coronation) 4531
- A Showstopping Performance 4765
- House for Rent 4553
- Footpaths Towards Deconstruction - part 9 4509
- Junsu 1507
- The fate of our woods 1506
- Celebrate ‘A month of love’ 1505
- Five new branch openings 1509
- THINC Sri Lanka Networking Conference 2017 1583
- ‘Our Shop’ for staff welfare 1509