Facebook is adding two new features to Messenger that could make group chats more manageable, the company announced on Thursday. The chat app will now support the ability to leave reactions on specific messages and tag individual members of a conversation.
Latest News - Sci / Tech
(BERLIN) — Scientists in Germany flipped the switch Thursday on what's being described as "the world's largest artificial sun" and which they hope will help shed light on new ways of making climate-friendly fuel.
It's common to hear people say that weather affects their health. Many, for example, claim that joint pain, the increased twinge of an arthritic knee perhaps, is a sure sign that cold wet weather is on the way. But how much do weather phenomena, or changes in the weather, really affect our health? That's a question BBC World Service programme Crowd Science is investigating this week.
Twitter is considering adding a paid membership option for businesses and power users.
The high point for Arctic sea ice levels hit a record low this winter, sea ice monitors said Wednesday.
Samsung has a new voice. And it has world-changing ambitions.
Google published its State of Website Security in 2016 today, reporting that there was a 32 percent increase in the number of hacked sites in 2016 compared to 2015. Google added that it doesn't expect the trend to slow down any time soon.
(LONDON) — Britain's Newcastle University says its scientists have received a license to create babies using DNA from three people to prevent women from passing on potentially fatal genetic diseases to their children — the first time such approval has been granted.
Buzz Aldrin wants to be remembered for more than just "kicking up moon dust." He wants his legacy to include laying the groundwork for permanent human settlement on Mars, and he has a plan.
As a person with a little bit of knowledge about cameras and a lot of experience spending far too much money on them, I often get asked: "Hey Alex, what's the best point-and-shoot camera I can buy?"
A Japanese spy satellite launched aboard an H-2A rocket Friday, heading for a 300-mile-high (500-kilometer) orbit to track North Korean and Chinese military movements as tensions run high in the region.
The fight to save coral reefs just got more complicated. New research found that even if humans succeed in protecting reefs from pollution and overfishing, global warming will still pose a deadly threat.
A leading civil rights group in the U.S. plans to build a command center in Silicon Valley where activists, educators and experts will work to combat online hate speech and harassment.
A partnership between Levi's and Google has yielded the Jacquard, a denim jacket with technology woven into the fabric.
On Monday, Google's homepage Doodle in much of the world loads first not in the usual combination of colors, but a faint shade of gray.
When Matt Damon's fictional astronaut grew potatoes to keep himself alive on Mars in The Martian, you may have been skeptical.
To play a Ubisoft game these days is to participate in a grand experiment.
The Nintendo Switch day one update is here, including online and eShop functionality—plus a little something it seems a few weren't expecting: the return of friend codes. (The Switch, a hybrid TV/handheld game system that sells for $299, is out March 3.)
The last woolly mammoths to walk the Earth were so wracked with genetic disease that they lost their sense of smell, shunned company, and had a strange shiny coat.
Evan Blass, professional spoiler of well kept smartphone secrets, is back with another hit today, this time revealing the most-anticipated non-iPhone of 2017, Samsung's Galaxy S8.
- Since taking over from Avant Garde Navy’s OBST earns Rs 3 B for Govt 3825
- Schools big match season 22 vehicles in custody 3793
- President hints at Cabinet reshuffle 3837
- Three Lankan pilgrims die Extremely cold weather in Dambadiva 3792
- 2,484 dengue patients in Trinco 3784
- Wimal taken to prison hospital Hunger strike enters fifth day 3798
- President misled on Wilpattu issue – ECT Gazette provides zero relief for destruction 3809
- R’kanth’s Jaffna visit dropped 3775
- Rajinikanth’s SL tour cancellation Welcomed by Parties barring BJP 3781
- IUSF in 65 anti-SAITM protests Demand scrapping of Institute 3788
- JVPer claims paddy sold to distillery at Rs 28 3832
- Maligawa Road will remain closed – Kiriella 3810
- Suspect arrested with revolver 3780
- Soma Agnes Maduragoda dies George Perera’s Mother-in-law 3781
- Strike in Afghanistan US confirms al-Qaida figure killed 3776
- Soaring dengue cases 3768
- Visit My Mosque Open day for everyone 3766
- 25 held in pre-dawn Police swoop Illicit liquor, narcotics seized 3764
- Kalkudah distillery runs into snag PS approval in limbo 3772
- South Eastern University shuns ragging 3767
- Civil society should assist Police –DIG 3764
- Defending Liberal Democracy in Poland 3773
- Fighting for Life at 60 3805
- Kandy tops list in air pollution 2758
- CBSL printsRs 48.9B Money printing costs up by Rs 676M to RS 7.9B 2711
- From Russia with friendship: ‘Kandyan Kastane’ 3289
- Is the Government attempting to STIFLE PUBLIC’S RIGHT TO PROTEST? 3284
- Protests, fisticuffs and fast unto death 3236
- Are tourism authorities wearing blinkers? 3204
- A time of gifts 3136
- Nationalists and globalists 3125
- Richmond emerge champions 2712
- SL in deep slump 2724
- Lyon claims four key wickets 2710
- Joes beat Antonians 2703
- Muthuthanthri set for captaincy ? 2739
- Vettel wins Australian Grand Prix 2712
- The roles people play Prioritizing Sex & Gender 3162
- Typical double standards & hypocrisy 3029
- Main cause of kidney diseases 3076
- ‘Posh Pooches’ to be lavished with love 3030
- Preventive measures 3009
- Opening a can of worms 3062
- Rewarded for sensitizing rights of the disabled 3116
- Foreign Judges can hear cases – Niran Anketell 3086
- We await President’s response – Gemunu 3230
- LTTE atrocities also have to be investigated 3808
- Exporters to EU must be educated on Brexit – GM ECCSL Srinath 3296
- Speaker refused our request 3287
- Dinesh only UPFA’s Deputy Leader 3285
- Voters must exercise caution when electing MPs – Harshana Rajakaruna 2580
- Forced family planning is happening countywide – Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara Thera 3901
- ITAK’s arbitrary actions cause conflict in TNA – Sivasakthy Ananthan 3558
- G20 drops pledge to fight protectionism Bows down to US opposition in spite of China 3317
- Chinawood: The merging of ‘Hollywood’ and ‘Made in China’ 3297
- Facebook to challenge YouTube and Spotify 3296
- Revised IMF deal expected by April Disbursement by June – Central Bank 3304
- Sri Lankan to maintain fleet position 3448
- High production costs hurting shipbuilding industry 3302
- The crisis in Parliament: Twilight of a functioning democracy 3495
- Mispriced Risk of Infectious Diseases 2439
- Limelight on Sri Lanka again 2443
- Former JVP terror districts continue in poverty 3667
- Valencia stun Real Madrid 2915
- GSP+ To sustain economy or to Mutate society? 3239
- Musicalisation of Narrative 3892
- The Many Faces of Galle -Part 2 3922
- Footpaths Towards Deconstruction- Part 14 3898
- Afternoon Shadows 3911
- Living up to ideals 4057
- Clash of the Titans in Nuwara Eliya 3943
- The plight of our corals 1725
- India’s largest international décor mall launched in Bangalore 1704
- The games gods and politicians play 1701
- A challenged life 1691
- The Threshold: Patching up our privileged defeats 1760
- Animal assisted therapy 1696