Upgrading your speaker system has never been easier. This clever gadget turns any old speaker into one that's Bluetooth enabled. Simply attach it to your system via A/V, RCA, or 3.5mm jack input, pair with your smartphone or tablet, and you're ready to stream.
Latest News - Sci / Tech
Samsung Electronics said Monday that problems with the design and manufacturing of batteries in its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones caused them to overheat and burst into fire.
Smart locks are mostly a gamble: They promise the ability to unlock your home with only your smartphone, but it's hard to shake the feeling that they're somehow less secure than regular deadbolts. The Kwikset Premis, however, packs all the intelligence you want in a door lock while still keeping your pad on lockdown.
Scientists have built a DNA-analysing smartphone attachment that is a fraction of the cost of lab-based kit.
Say goodbye to your Glade plug-in...
It's the latest research to find a connection between human and animal cognition
Nintendo has said it will release its long-awaited new console, the Nintendo Switch, on 3 March.
The American SpaceX rocket company is hoping to resume flights on Saturday.
Facebook is to test "mid-roll" video advertising - in which ads are played after a video has already started - the BBC understands.
The deadly spread of cancer around the body has been cut by three-quarters in animal experiments, say scientists.
Yahoo will adopt a new corporate identity and cut the size of its board in half if the proposed $4.8 billion sale of its digital services to Verizon Communications goes through.
The first Nokia-branded Android phone - yes, we like to pretend the half-baked Nokia X series never happened - has finally launched. The rather unimaginatively named Nokia 6 was introduced on Sunday by HMD Global, the new custodians of the Nokia bran
Astronomers, using data from India's Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope (GMRT), have discovered two of the most powerful phenomena in the universe – a supermassive black hole and the collision of giant galaxy clusters about two billion light years from Earth
NASA's Hubble Space Telescope is creating a road map for the two Voyager spacecraft, that will travel through unexplored territories beyond our solar system, by measuring the material along the probes' future trajectories.
A Japanese insurance company is replacing its staff with an artificial intelligence system.
Scientists recently discovered what they are calling a new human organ that exists in the digestive system.
Amazon and Whirlpool are hoping homeowners will pay for the luxury of not having to run down the stairs to pause a load of laundry or sprint to the kitchen to check on dinner.
Amazon is known for offering discounts on everything from TVs to speakers and home appliances during its Black Friday promotions in November and Prime Day sales in July. Now, it's planning to offer bargains on various types of digital content including TV shows, apps, games, movies, music, and more as part of its Amazon Digital Day on Dec. 30.
at an Alarming Rate 2998
Just 7,100 cheetahs remain across the globe as the species continues to face a range of threats largely caused by humans, according to new research.
Pokémon Go players with an Apple Watch will now be able to scout for nearby creatures and grab items from Pokéstops without reaching for their phone.
- Desk thumping greets Jayaratne crossover 3696
- Vasu challenges Rajitha 3693
- Sensational dig in Wilpattu 3696
- Indian HC presents credentials 3691
- Don’t attend Nugegoda rally 3695
- Coach assaults 14-year-old 3690
- Govt seeks Rs 26.9 M for ECT 3693
- JVP urges Parliament probe 3690
- 50% Lankan docs employed abroad 3691
- Pillaiyan ordered killing – AG 3693
- Won’t rest until ‘Govt sent home’ – Wimal 3693
- UFO sightings unlikely – expert 3693
- Brexit requires Parliament Nod – UK Supreme Court 3690
- Govt to Seize Perpetual Treasuries’ Funds 3700
- Soldiers turn tables on CR 3694
- Why The Black Sea? 3694
- Student turns out trishaw ambulance 3695
- Budu Medura opened at SEUSL 3692
- Lankans amongst top Swiss asylum requests in 2016 3693
- CLARIFICATION 3687
- Thalatha Chair of ADD for next two years 3686
- Charged with rape of a schoolgirl 3686
- USS Hopper visit signals growing bilateral cooperation 3686
- Reconciliation in the School Curriculum 3686
- Hambantota drought 3747
- Canine and feline companions 3019
- Nixon’s Heir 3018
- Radical paradigm shift in Trump foreign policy 3026
- Shielding reconciliation from the nationalist 3079
- THIRTY YEARS AFTER DECLARATION OF IYSH 3061
- DOES SIRISENA HAVE A TRUMP CARD? 3159
- Sumo National Championship today 2814
- Sri Lanka U-19’s 303/6 2816
- De Villiers back as captain 2817
- Helitha Vithanage scores second ton 2816
- Lasith Fernando scores century 2814
- UPUL THARANGA TO CAPTAIN ODI team 2817
- Spirit Answers Door Bell 3492
- Did Govt get it wrong? 3477
- MI played a major role 2786
- The vision a nightmare; the revenue a myth! 3133
- A Rishad canard! 3093
- Flying high in ‘Velvet city’ 3091
- Bogus claims of foreign investments! 3433
- Docs threaten TU action if... 3440
- Coal industry mafia sacked me 3666
- I have a responsibility to correct this Govt 3673
- A NEW CONSTITUTION A MUST 3424
- WIDER PARTICIPATION MANDATORY FOR PEOPLE-FRIENDLY CONSTITUTION 3965
- Political furnace heating up once more 3262
- No need for a new Constitution 3941
- People are sick of the same old faces 3003
- Sarath Silva Slams Tinkering in Law/Constitution 4311
- BT European chief to resign over Italian scandal 3038
- Boosting FDI a must for wealth creation 3037
- Education Sector has created a surplus of engineers 3039
- Aus and NZ moot ‘TPP 12 minus one’ 3038
- Money printing 6 times greater than liquidity 3038
- Acclaimed scientist urges SL to retire coal plants 3039
- Way for True Conciliation! 3918
- Mathews is confident of bouncing back 2698
- Djokovic still the biggest rival, says Murray 3289
- Odissi dance recital Taal Taranga 4592
- Candid and Undeterred remarks on Luke Wright 4660
- Enchanting scrutiny into historical novels 4612
- Davena Vihagun (aka Burning Birds) for The Ingamar Bergman Film Award 4627
- Rev. Fr. Harold Panditharatne – Teacher Par Excellance 4608
- Postnational cinema? 4756
- Authentic poetry rewarded 2582
- Kala Pola 2017 2567
- A mighty platform for the creative writer 2568
- The start of a new year 2571
- Special Chinese New Year food festival 2571
- Escape to Sigiriya 2575