Production on the sixth Mission: Impossible film will go on hiatus after its star, Tom Cruise, was injured while performing a stunt.
Latest News - ENTERTAINMENT
Leonardo DiCaprio will be portraying famous artist and scientist Leonardo da Vinci in an upcoming biopic that is being setup at Paramount.
Paramount won a seven-figure bidding war over Universal for the rights to author Walter Isaacson's upcoming book on da Vinci which the film will be based on, Variety reported.
Ryan Reynolds is offering his condolences to the family of the stuntwoman who died Monday on the set of Deadpool 2.
The horror movie Annabelle: Creation is No. 1 at the North American box office, having earning $35 million in receipts this weekend, BoxOfficeMojo.com announced Sunday.
A judge on Friday threw out a former radio host's case against Taylor Swift in a trial that delved into their dueling lawsuits over whether he groped her during a backstage meet-and-greet and whether she and her team ruined his career.
It's been quite the harrowing year for Jimmy Kimmel — but things are looking up.
Donald Glover is the latest Star Wars actor to comment on the Han Solo standalone movie director switch, which saw Ron Howard replace Phil Lord and Chris Miller after the LEGO Movie filmmakers were fired in June.
Universal's upcoming robots versus monsters sequel Pacific Rim: Uprising has been delayed one month until March.
The film, which features Star Wars: The Force Awakens alum John Boyega in the lead role, will now release on March 23, 2018 instead of on Feb. 23, 2018, noted The Hollywood Reporter.
Spare a thought for Tony Leondis this weekend. Having worked his way up the food chain, from character designer to director, The Emoji Movie marked the director's most expensive (and most talked about) feature to date.
Actor Kirsten Stewart said she was "deeply in love" with every person she was in a relationship with. The 27-year-old actor, who has dated her 'Twilight' co- star Robert Pattinson, along with Alicia Cargile and St Vincent, said she has always owned up to the 'duality' of her sexual orientation.
George R.R. Martin may have recently given fans hope that they'll soon be able to get their hands on the sixth installment in his Song of Ice and Fire series, but even he knows The Winds of Winter has been a long time coming. The author — whose books were adapted into the hit HBO show Game of Thrones — took to Twitter Friday to poke fun at the more than six-year gap between his novels.
It's been a very fast-paced season of Game of Thrones, and Sunday's episode is going to fly by even quicker. That's because "The Spoils of War" clocks as the shortest episode in the HBO drama's history.
Netflix has released a new trailer for director Angelina Jolie's upcoming Cambodian drama, First They Killed My Father.
The clip, released Wednesday, features main actress Srey Moch as she and her family struggle to survive the genocide of the Khmer Rogue regime that took place in Cambodia in 1975.
We've had David Tennant, Benedict Cumberbatch, and most recently, Andrew Scott taking on the role of Hamlet on the London stage.
Fanthom Events is bringing the latest Pokemon animated film, Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You! to theaters for a limited release.
The film, which will chronicle Pokemon mainstays Ash and Pikachu's origin story, will be shown in theaters during a special two-day event on Nov. 5 and Nov. 6.
Bhoomi, which is said to be an emotional and a sensitive revenge drama, explores the relationship between a father and a daughter. Aditi Rao Hydari essays the titular role of Sanjay Dutt\'s daughter in the movie which was majorly shot in Agra. Bhoomi releases on 22 September.
R. Kelly is returning to the stage despite allegations that he's holding and harming women in a "cult," which he calls "a bunch of crap" in a new message for his fans.
They're teen royalty, soon to be stage royalty.
Moonlight actor Mahershala Ali could be making his way back to television.
The Academy Award-winner closed a deal to star in HBO's third season of the crime anthology series True Detective, the network's president of programming, Casey Bloys, said at a Television Critics Associations' presentation Wednesday, according to Entertainment Weekly.
Wonder Woman will be back on the big screen in time for the 2019 holiday season.
Justin Bieber is canceling the rest of his Purpose World Tour "due to unforeseen circumstances."
Warner Bros. screened a 2 1/2-minute trailer for director Steven Spielberg's upcoming, science-fiction, action-adventure, Ready Player One, at San Diego Comic Con this weekend.
The movie is based on Ernest Cline's novel of the same name. Set for release March 30, it stars Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Ben Mendelsohn, T.J. Miller, Simon Pegg and Mark Rylance. Cline and Zak Penn wrote the screenplay.
Before the Comic-Con panel for Netflix's Defenders superhero series on Friday night, Jon Bernthal, who plays the Punisher in Daredevil, showed up to promote his upcoming spin-off series. He offered an exclusive look at footage from Punisher to Comic-Con fans. The full trailer isn't available online yet, but here's a summary of what happens in the clip:
Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington has died aged 41, LA County Coroner says.
The coroner said Bennington apparently hanged himself. His body was found at a private home in the county at 09:00 local time (17:00 GMT) on Thursday.
Ryan Murphy's ability to attract A-list talent never ceases to surprise! The co-creator of American Horror Story just announced that Girls star Lena Dunham will be joining the mysterious season 7.
During a Monday night appearance on Late Night with Seth Meyers, comedian, actor and noted Melania Trump impersonator Maya Rudolph debuted a new impression: one for the First Daughter, Ivanka Trump.
After its much anticipated return, Game of Thrones came back with a bang: The show reported its biggest overnight audience of all time.
Disney released the first trailer for its anticipated time-travel thriller A Wrinkle In Time on Saturday.
The film stars Chris Pine as a time-traveling scientist who is kidnapped, prompting his children to come to his rescue. The movie also stars Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling and Zach Galifianakis.
Veteran actor Anil Kapoor, who is gearing up for the release of Mubarakan, said that they chose the wedding theme for the film as they want actor Arjun Kapoor to get married and they will at least try to get him married first in the family.
Last Week Tonight host John Oliver has been cast as Zazu in Disney's upcoming remake of The Lion King.
Oliver is stepping into the role made famous by Rowan Atkinson in the original 1996 animated film. Zazu was featured in The Lion King as a political advisor to Mufasa and then later his son Simba.
Warner Bros. Pictures has released a new, action-packed, one-minute trailer for its upcoming World War II epic, Dunkirk.
"She'll fight on the beaches, she'll fight on the landing grounds, she'll fight in the fields and in the streets. We shall never surrender," a voice can be heard saying of Britain and its allies as various, harrowing skirmishes appear on the screen and a ticking sound creates tension in the background.
Both Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif have been able to maintain a dignified silence on their break-up. The two parted ways in 2015 after being together for six years. There is a lot of speculations about their new-found chemistry during the promotions of their upcoming film Jagga Jasoos. While they faced constant and indirect queries about their relationships, Ranbir and Katrina have eluded all of it surrounding their personal lives. Yet, they surprised their fans when they looked comfortable during the first promotional event of Jagga Jasoos.
Salman Khan's Tubelight fell hard on the ground during its second weekend. The Kabir Khan directorial plummeted 88% from Rs 64.77 crore first-weekend collection to a disappointing Rs 7.5 crore during the second weekend. It also put up a dismal show on the second Monday with earnings of Rs 1.25 crore. The film has managed to gross Rs 111.50 crore in the domestic market, according to boxofficeindia.com. The report also speculates that the film could earn somewhere between Rs 12-12.50 crore during its second week. In that case, it will be the worst second week for any Salman Khan movie since his 2011 film Veer.
The Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game is set for release on Sept. 22, the same day the animated film opens in theaters.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The Lego Group said in a press release the game will be available for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment has released a trailer for Cult of Chucky, the seventh installment in the franchise about a doll inhabited by the spirit of a serial killer.
The animated movie Despicable Me 3 -- featuring the voice talents of Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig and Miranda Cosgrove -- is the No. 1 movie in North America this weekend, earning $75.4 million in receipts, BoxOfficeMojo.com announced Sunday.
The first official trailer for Netflix's film adaptation of Death Note highlighted the faceoff between masterminds Light Turner and L.
In the trailer, Paper Towns actor Nat Wolff portrays Turner, a high school student who stumbles upon a mystical "Death Note" that grants him the power to kill "all the people who make life miserable" by simply writing their names in a book.
Hugh Jackman plays Barnum & Bailey Circus founder P.T. Barnum in a first trailer for The Greatest Showman.
The forthcoming movie musical released a preview Wednesday that features Jackman, Zac Efron, Michelle Williams, Rebecca Ferguson and Zendaya.
Michael Keaton says he likes that his Spider-Man: Homecoming villain is grounded in reality and the character's backstory, in a way, reflects the world in which we live.
Principal photography began Monday on the next installment in Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures' cinematic MonsterVerse.
Walt Disney Animation Studios released the first trailer for Olaf's Frozen Adventure Tuesday.
The animated short will run before screenings of Disney/Pixar's Coco, starting Nov. 22.
Hollywood star Jessica Chastain may play a villain in X-Men: Dark Phoenix.
The 40-year-old actress is in talks to portray the alien empress Lilandra in the forthcoming movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Sony Pictures offered its first glimpse at the remake of the 1990 horror movie Flatliners Tuesday.
Starring Ellen Page, Diego Luna, Nina Dobrev, James Norton and Kiersey Clemons, the new version is set for theatrical release Sept. 29.
Franchise veterans Owen Wilson, Larry the Cable Guy and John Ratzenberger attended the premiere for Cars 3 in Anaheim Saturday.
Also spotted on the red carpet at the event were Kerry Washington, Nathan Fillion, Johnny Knoxville, Armie Hammer and his family, and Cristela Alonzo.
A young boy, Miguel, visits the Land of the Dead in the new trailer for Disney/Pixar's animated film Coco.
Miguel's family has had a ban on music for many generations, but the young boy (voiced by Anthony Gonzalez) still dreams of being a musician like his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz (voiced by Benjamin Bratt).
A casting call for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2 shows that the film will be featuring younger versions of characters Albus Dumbledore, Newt Scamander, Gellert Grindelwald and more.
20th Century Fox released the first trailer for its upcoming mystery film Murder on the Orient Express on Thursday.
South Korean Actress Lee Young-ae, popularly known as 'Changumi' in Sri Lanka, has donated around US $ 50,000 (Roughly Rs.7.6 million) to......support flood relief efforts in Sri Lanka, a statement said.
Sony Pictures released three new teasers for its upcoming adaptation of Stephen King's The Dark Tower novels Sunday.
One 30-second clip focuses on Matthew McConaughey's villain, the Man in Black, while another spotlights Idris Elba's knight Roland.
Monster movie crossover Godzilla vs. Kong is set to be directed by filmmaker Adam Wingard.
Wingard is said to have landed the job after helming the Blair Witch reboot, Netflix's upcoming anime adaptation of Death Note and horror film The Guest which has made him a top prospect among major studios, The Hollywood Reporter notes.
- China and Turkey aspiring for Greatness in the World 2574
- General Wanasinghe’s 84th birthday today 2583
- Wiggy blasts Thavarajah 2603
- Pottuvil Muslims stage protest 2593
- Waste management under control Positive attitude by people – Musthapha 2558
- Borrowing costs rise after 18 weeks 2562
- Govt. under flak over Glyphosate 2566
- PC polls likely before end 2018 – Lakshman Yapa 2562
- Relief for internet users Telecommunication tax out 2562
- Call to change Rajapakshe portfolio Ranjan suggests ‘Women’s Ministry’ 2757
- Stock Market losses top Rs 118.9 B Surpasses combined health, education budgets 2561
- Debate on new Tax Bill on 25 Aug – Eran 2562
- Sections of Eastern University closed Students told to vacate by noon today 2558
- Govt intentionally delaying Draft Audit Bill – SDAG 2558
- Missing Persons’ relatives urge Govt: Tell us what happened to them 2562
- Prices of mo-bikes, trucks, cabs slashed Duty rates reduced from today 2562
- Four injured as building collapses 2548
- Probe PTL Bonds purchase under Mahendran’s watch PCoI accedes to ASG’s request 2556
- Gura to be sidelined 2565
- UNP goes tough on Wijeyadasa Unanimously decides he violated Cabinet responsibility 2563
- CEO Palisena admits PTL ‘knew’ of Govt’s acute fund requirement Remains mum on how Bonds worth Rs 15 B purchased with Rs 1 B in hand 2758
- RACISTS UNDERMINE MARXIST CLAMOUR FOR PROLETARIAN UNITY 3482
- Bathiudeen directs PCs... Immediately support potato farmers 2889
- Grade five Scholarship Examinations 2017 Banned All related tuition classes, seminars & electronic means 2864
- Two bodies found in Kotadeniyawa and Bandaragama 2877
- LAW OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 1886
- The way Pakistan goes 1895
- Anger and forgiveness 2555
- An angel at the airport 2568
- The New Constitution Do the beneficiaries want it? 3492
- Nadal cruises in opener 2070
- Ronaldo-less Real win cup 2071
- Injury worries for Bayern ahead of season opener 2071
- Williams in, Kaino out of All Blacks 2070
- Rona, Beale in Wallabies team to play All Blacks 2071
- West Indies to open U-19 World Cup 2076
- Gajaba Super Cross 16th Edition on 27 August 109 cars and 134 motorcycles enter 2073
- CDB bags three wins in rugby 2069
- Blue Bird RA win Cup in U-20 event 2070
- Waidyathilake for World University Games 2073
- Political commentary What’s next? Who’s next? 3658
- THE SHADOWS IN THE CB SCAMS 4446
- Turmeric eaten on daily basis reverses cancer Confirmed by new scientific evidence 3916
- Drivers welcome stiffer traffic fines 4677
- What the FCID have achieved since 2015 3764
- Proposed crippling countrywide strike TO SAVE ECONOMY, ASSETS, NATURAL RESOURCES– D.J. RAJAKARUNA 2061
- No taxes on EPF withdrawals– John Seneviratne 3226
- Zero support for Justice Minister within UNP – Ajith P. Perera 3302
- Recent increase in security has caused fear among Northerners – Ramanathan 2632
- Lanka should gain from OBOR - Dr. Jayasuriya 3889
- New Tax bill will accommodate all concerns – Eran 1889
- Delayed SME loan scheme commences 1898
- New taxes hamper life insurance industry 1883
- Reserves bleed $ 59B CBSL prints Rs 8.4B 1875
- Family business Succession planning imperative for success 1873
- HNBA Q2 PAT up 332% to Rs 176M 1871
- Shares down for the fifth day 1869
- Shares down for the fifth day 1864
- Auxenta partners with CSSL for National IT Conference 2017 1869
- Draws every day of the week! 1869
- Manuka honey:The superbug killer 2196
- A time of gifts Trying to settle down 2118
- New Constitution Through the eyes of a citizen 2319
- Be a lioness not a lamb 888
- Places to visit in Kandy 1248
- Dhothalu Oya Sandaraja Forest amidst tea estates 1376
- BIA welcomes Emirates A380 1252
- A Gifted Healer of Our Time-Bodhini Samarathunga 1567
- Understanding and Interpreting their results 1850
- Two lunar eclipses in August 1716
- Undergoing an Erashtaka period ? 1708
- Aging with Venus 1666
- Gemstones empower aura 1675
- Correlation Between Social Formation and Text 3755
- The global and local in Hong Kong cinema-part 05 3664
- Commendations or Brickbats 4302
- Why we should listen to Jane Austen in the age of Tinder 4450
- Lullaby of the Ever-Returning Love universal yet coloured by culture 4454
- A story of Palestinians without Palestine 3641
- Healing the helpless 1713
- Winging it overseas 1703
- From the hospital to the news room 1724
- India revisited 1692
- Showers of blessings 1706
- Healing from port to port 1688