The cast and creators of Moonlight have warmed up for Sunday's Oscars by winning the top prize at Saturday's Independent Spirit Awards.
Latest News - ENTERTAINMENT
The ever-elusive Frank Ocean has been exceptionally generous to his long-suffering fans in the past year. Not only did he bless his followers with two new albums and hotly sought-after zine, he also presented a broadcast on Apple's Beats 1 radio called "blonded RADIO" on Friday afternoon.
Long-time republican and transgender activist, Caitlyn Jenner, is speaking out in response to President Donald Trump's latest move to lift federal protections for transgender students.
Jay-Z has several reasons to be happy right now.
"The Great Wall" was a hit in China. In North America, it was a dud.
Drake is questioning his wins for Best Rap Song and Best Rap/Sung Performance for "Hotline Bling" at the 2017 Grammys, saying in a new interview that the song is not rap.
Selena Gomez returned Wednesday with a brand new song.
Sherlock has come out on top again - this time in a worldwide poll of most popular BBC television characters.
A docu-feature on Sachin Tendulkar titled "Sachin: A Billion Dreams," is set to hit the silver screen on May 26.
Following Adele's emotional speech about Beyoncé after she won Album of the Year at the 2017 Grammys, the singer answered questions in the press room about what it felt like to win for 25 — and continued to talk about Beyoncé.
A resplendent Beyoncé ascended to her throne once more at the Grammys on Sunday night, where she took to the stage to perform two songs off of Lemonade—"Sandcastles" and "Love Drought"—while very pregnant with twins.
Welcome back, Katy Perry. The blockbuster pop star finally released her new single, "Chained to the Rhythm," a disco-inflected track that represents a new direction for a singer best known for bubblegum-bright pop tunes. While upbeat on the surface, "Chained to the Rhythm" reflects a dire world of repetition and ignorance, all of us trapped like hamsters on a wheel—more on that later—feeding on a false reality.
In theory, Fifty Shades Darker is great no matter how bad it is. To call it a lousy movie is missing the point: It's a functional movie, a girls-night-out commando mission whose job is to get in, get out, and get the job done in between.
Snatched released a new trailer starring Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn on Tuesday.
A trademark battle between Kylie Minogue and Kylie Jenner appears to have come to an end.
Johnny Depp is back as shifty pirate Jack Sparrow in the latest trailer for Disney's upcoming high seas epic, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
Lady Gaga's Super Bowl halftime show stands as among the very best in the history of the form, racing ambitiously through the artist's entire career and putting forward the qualities of the artist that just work.
Black Sabbath, the band credited with inventing heavy metal music, have played their last concert.
A French judge investigating the gunpoint robbery of Kim Kardashian has interviewed the US reality star for several hours in New York, judicial sources said Friday.
Coldplay have thrown their support behind a charity which has saved the lives of tens of thousands of refugees and migrants fleeing war and persecution in the Middle East.
- NUJ 109th Birth anniversary 3369
- Mangala to urge 24-month extension 3524
- Namal slaps CBK with defamation 3442
- Pakistan still eyeing JF-17 Thunder Fighter sale to Sri Lanka 3151
- CID grills govt Printer, Director, others 3228
- LRC seeks Police protection 3140
- MR to meet Tamil and Muslim leaders 3209
- Leprosy hits western province 3150
- skipper of ill-fated boat remanded 3135
- Raggers will be promptly expelled 3162
- Double-speak from SB on Wimal 3166
- VX nerve agent killed Kim Jong-nam 3141
- More snags foul up Constitution making 3290
- NFPWHR warns of massive protest 3143
- Mangala meets US HDP delegation 3146
- SL Police deny ‘hunting’ refugees in HK 3135
- 1500 students denied Uni education 3218
- SLFP CMs to boycott meeting 3134
- Wimal not a party leader – Dayasiri 3141
- New Zealand-bound boat people held 3127
- Pension for disabled ex-soldiers 3124
- Divorce case ends after 18 years 3196
- Payagala death toll now 16 3954
- MR hits out at CBK 4060
- ONUR refutes Army claims 3949
- February – a celebratory month 3116
- Political mayhem 3132
- Significance of Sri Lanka’s legal profession 3120
- A house divided 3105
- Building castles in the air 3110
- Upholding children’s rights 5652
- Now or never for Havies 2248
- Bad light saves day for Isipathana 2245
- Golfer Arumugam no more 2245
- Royal resist late Joes’ onslaught 2250
- Sadeera's 177 n.o. guides SL 'A' 2242
- Sadeera pushes for Test spot 2502
- Wimal gets short shrift 3361
- BASL in the dock 3294
- Ragging: The ugly truth 3290
- Govt gambling with our lives – KPP protesters 3293
- Keppetipola mansion in bad shape 3288
- Diesel Mafia raises its head again... 3287
- SAITM students will not be accepted by any country– Prof. Hiran Amerasekera 3163
- I have no issues with the Minister– Anoma Gamage 3509
- LG elections should be under new system 3335
- Dr. Sivamohan reiterates preference for foreign intervention 2899
- RICE SHORTAGE AND HIGH PRICES BIG MILL OWNERS TO BLAME SAYS ACPF 3048
- I believe in cooperative politics – Karuna 2013
- I like to talk to diehard Sinhala chauvinists – Wigneswaran 2366
- Justices should be subject to judicial audits 3753
- Traders have imported rice under local branding– Duminda Dissanayake 3629
- CTSU to protest SAITM ruling-on the streets 3875
- Google's self-driving firm sues Uber 2507
- Colombo Fashion Week dates for Summer season, 13 – 18 March 2513
- International Thunder Cat Power Boat Racing in Bentota- a thrilling experience 2508
- BPPL Holdings Limited announces Rs. 368 Mn IPO 2509
- Durdans Lab Service adds ‘Predictive Tests’ for disease prevention 2510
- INSEE Cement wins Green Platinum Award at HarithaSihinaya 2017 2508
- Valencia stun Real Madrid 2730
- GSP+ To sustain economy or to Mutate society? 3047
- Fully fledged Media Commission by June – DGI 3079
- Way for True Conciliation! 4244
- Mathews is confident of bouncing back 2850
- Djokovic still the biggest rival, says Murray 3397
- A musical evening-Hindi film songs 3032
- Sitar recital 3030
- Alston Koch to sing at the ‘OSCARS’ after party 3037
- Luang Prabang – A Journey into Sublimity 3032
- Blue all the way 3032
- Footpaths Towards Deconstruction - Part 10 3033
- Employees rewarded 1327
- Training in excellence 1326
- Human – elephant conflict rears up again 1368
- Nature in its wild pristine beauty 1332
- A touch of Yalpanam 1331
- Blood facts 1328