The DMV has driven one man to do something extraordinary.
Latest News - BIZARRE
A lone fisherman survived by treading water for six hours after being dragged into the sea by a marlin off Western Australia.
Swimmers are being warned to avoid some of Melbourne's most popular beaches, after torrential storms washed faeces into the water.
Apologies are common in Japan, indeed it is virtually a cliche about the country. But 2016 has seen some controversial public acts of contrition - notably parents standing up before the public to say sorry for their adult children's alleged criminal offences.
In terms of bad days at the office, this one is up there.
Don't forget to wipe before you swipe the next time you are at Tokyo's Narita International Airport.
A woman has discovered a 1m-long venomous snake wrapped around her Christmas tree in Australia.
A village in south-eastern China is painted orange, as farmers sun their persimmon harvests.
Thanks to an art collective by the name of AnonyMouse, even the smallest of a city's residents will have a place to shop.
A Japanese city is keeping track of elderly dementia sufferers by attaching barcodes containing personal information to their fingers and toes, officials say.
With the holiday season round the corner, many of us will be catching up with loved ones over a festive tipple or two.
A man in Tokyo has been arrested on suspicion of sending more than 500 items of rubbish to people he claims bullied him at school, reports say.
A New Zealand fur seal has been returned to the ocean after being found in a cow paddock in rural Australia.
- Mangala flies to Sweden 4133
- Ranil off to Davos 4109
- ‘Buddhist Ideals of Good Governance’ launch today 4126
- ACs on or above 26C to be made compulsory 4116
- Sri Lanka eyes oil imports from Iran 4111
- Prez to take control of Lotteries 4252
- Two fisheries harbours released from HSZ 4109
- UNP’s Sattar to sign DAC report 4113
- Lottery ticket sellers to quit 4118
- EC summons Party Secys 4103
- Body count ticks on in road accidents 4094
- Drone crashes into Stupa 4595
- Farmers demand compensation 4089
- Three-wheeler drivers flay new proposals 4554
- ‘Free Wimal’ protest today 4105
- Beware of those who bring presents 3678
- OF ROAD MAPS AND A RECOVERABLE ECONOMY 3619
- Better deal thro common approach 3604
- Mathews defend his bowling tactics 2972
- Dabare, Perera keep Havies on top 2926
- India dominate Sepak Takraw championship 2927
- People are sick of the same old faces 2738
- Sarath Silva Slams Tinkering in Law/Constitution 4217
- No property in Wimal’s name – Shashi Weerawansa 6201
- How Snapchat will change the music industry in 2017 2859
- Asia’s week: China GDP and President Donald Trump 2860
- Two presidents could move markets this week 2861
- John Berger Art of seeing 3032
- Aloko Udapadi 3015
- India’s Saffron Saga 3058
- Footpaths Towards Deconstruction - Part 05 3030
- Crucial period in Chinese cinema 3032
- Madeleine Mitchell in recital 3020
- Blooming death 2652
- Corals in crisis: increasing resilience to climate change 2640
- A chance to win refrigerators 2637
- AN AFTERNOON WITH MANISH MALHOTRA IN ABU DHABI 2643
- Unique digital marketing campaign 2639
- A riot of colour 2645