Nokia's 3310 phone has been relaunched nearly 17 years after its debut.
Latest News - Sci / Tech
Here's another gift from Facebook to Snapchat on the latter's road to an initial public offering: WhatsApp has cloned Snapchat's popular stories format and is using it to replace its old text-based status messages. The feature begins rolling out to WhatsApp's billion-plus users today on Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone.
Uber is being sued for stealing trade secrets and technology from Google.
The galaxy is getting very crowded. There may be 300 billion stars in the Milky Way, but until just over 20 years ago, we knew of only one of them that was orbited by planets. In the years since, the galactic census has exploded, with more than 4,700 confirmed or candidate planets discovered so far and astronomers concluding that every star in the galaxy is parent to at least one world.
Snapchat users can now snap up a pair of Snap Inc.'s much-anticipated video-recording headset, which is available for purchase online in the U.S. for $129.99.
NASA will hold a news conference at 1 p.m. EST Wednesday, Feb. 22, to present new findings on planets that orbit stars other than our sun, known as exoplanets. The event will air live on NASA Television and the agency's website.
Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference, an annual event during which the company usually discusses upcoming software features coming to the iPhone and other products, will take place on June 5-9, it announced on Thursday.
Oceans across the globe are slowly losing oxygen, which poses a major problem for every living marine animal and underscores the serious consequences of climate change, researchers say.
The latest rumor for Apple's next iPhone comes from JPMorgan analyst Rod Hall who claims that Apple will be adding a front-facing 3D laser scanner for facial recognition to unlock the device, as noted by MacRumors.
A drone that can carry people will begin "regular operations" in Dubai from July, the head of the city's Roads and Transportation Agency has announced at the World Government Summit.
Nokia will re-launch the 3310, perhaps the best-loved and most resilient phone in history.
Google wants to make it easier for Google Maps users to keep track of the many places they hope to visit.
When Apple designed CarPlay for iOS, it decided to stick with a familiar paradigm: a home button that takes you to a simple home screen of icons. That's not a terrible idea - the interface is simple and familiar to everybody, and you don't want to be struggling with a touchscreen when you're supposed to be keeping your eyes on the road.
Talk of it happening was in the air last year, and now it's officially a thing: for the first time in E3 history, anyone can buy a ticket to the games industry's grandest annual three-day show.
Better complications, Includes Google Assistant, Can run standalone apps, Improved fitness tracking, Refined interface that's easier to use, Works on Android and iOS.
Ever wish you had an assistant to help you carry your things? Meet Gita, a stylish and compact robot, designed for exactly that.
Google just announced a small but important user experience change to its Accelerated Mobile Pages platform, or AMP. The company explained in a blog post today that it will start allowing users to copy or share an AMP article's source link instead of the Google-specific URL. Until now, the service, which offers up more simplified and less data-intensive versions of publishers' articles, had basically made this impossible.
Following months of explosions jokes and wild speculation about the as-yet-unannounced Galaxy S8, Samsung has finally got the technology industry talking about something concrete: a new product.
You'd think it would be hard to misplace an entire continent, what with the mountains and trees and all that other hard-to-miss stuff.
Electronics giant LG has admitted its new premium-priced computer displays experience "performance issues" when placed near a wi-fi router.
Weather today 2563
- Peace Air goes to HRC, SC next week 2487
- Rajapakshe damns Int’l Community 2480
- ‘Drum and Dance’ with Kandy GHS OGA 2465
- 77th National Day of Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2467
- Right royal gesture 2468
- Rare discovery in Tissamaharama 2477
- SLFP MP laments crossovers 2625
- Held with electronic cigarette 2485
- More Luxury Cars for Ministers 2505
- MR wishes Ranil ‘Happy B’Day’ 2481
- New domestic airline 2471
- Medvedev- Sirisena have broad talks 2466
- Helicopter maintenance centre in SL 2469
- 3 soldiers arrested, brigadier probed 2475
- MPs warned against misconduct 2467
- BASL inducts new President today 2461
- Mubarak freed 2461
- Human Rights at heart of EU Policy – Margue 2463
- Six Forest reserves made one 2465
- NZ High Commission in Sri Lanka 2461
- Govt must honour UN resolution – TNA 2461
- CB move, a monetary strategy 2462
- Lanka thanks countries for support at UNHRC 2462
- Wimal stays hungry 4262
- Pakistan-Sri Lanka relationship stands firm – HC Hussain 4189
- Protests, fisticuffs and fast unto death 2499
- Are tourism authorities wearing blinkers? 2492
- A time of gifts 2475
- Nationalists and globalists 2468
- Rationalists vs charlatans Never-ending battle 2468
- Right of access to legal assistance 2468
- Hamilton bosses season's first practice 2469
- Brazil thrash Uruguay 2463
- Federer, Nishikori missing from Monte Carlo line-up 2467
- Messi fires Argentina over Chile 2466
- Tough skipper says South Africa 'not good enough' 2466
- Mahanama takes honours on first day 2473
- COMPOUNDED MISERY 3545
- Forefathers of Tamils of SL were original inhabitants of this Country 3604
- Jaffna Prepares for Chronic Kidney Disease 3387
- A Blueprint for Disintegration 3389
- Refugee returnee safety still in doubt? 3348
- Tamils lived in N/E before Buddhistic era – Wigneswaran 3577
- We await President’s response – Gemunu 3211
- LTTE atrocities also have to be investigated 3775
- Exporters to EU must be educated on Brexit – GM ECCSL Srinath 3279
- Speaker refused our request 3277
- Dinesh only UPFA’s Deputy Leader 3277
- Voters must exercise caution when electing MPs – Harshana Rajakaruna 2568
- Forced family planning is happening countywide – Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara Thera 3886
- ITAK’s arbitrary actions cause conflict in TNA – Sivasakthy Ananthan 3549
- NCSL for Sustainable Development 5215
- Major endorsement of govt’s reconciliation efforts 4708
- Tomorrow’s cities: Are your shoes giving away data? 2468
- Trouble on the ranch Threats to trade deals worry US cattle farmers 2467
- What creativity in marketing looks like today 2468
- Hameedia launches ‘Andum Mesaya’ to celebrate Avurudu 2468
- Bankers are no longer the enemy 2472
- Reform immigration laws to attract more FDI 3273
- The crisis in Parliament: Twilight of a functioning democracy 3480
- Mispriced Risk of Infectious Diseases 2419
- Limelight on Sri Lanka again 2423
- Former JVP terror districts continue in poverty 3632
- Valencia stun Real Madrid 2905
- GSP+ To sustain economy or to Mutate society? 3226
- Musicalized Version of Nostalgia 5440
- The Many Faces of Galle 6300
- Footpaths Towards Deconstruction - Part 13 5462
- Fiesta for Theatre lovers 5916
- Viramaya 2017 – Phenomenal success 5447
- Sri Lankan movie at Geneva film festival 5501
- To be or not to be 1312
- Kids get cooking 1311
- Mindfulness for successful living 1328
- The age of nastiness 1312
- 20 years of singing celebrated 1308
- How do we prevent rape and abuse? 1313