Dell is announcing a trio of new Chromebooks today, and the most interesting of the bunch is a convertible laptop that works with a stylus.
Latest News - Sci / Tech
Upgrading your speaker system has never been easier. This clever gadget turns any old speaker into one that's Bluetooth enabled. Simply attach it to your system via A/V, RCA, or 3.5mm jack input, pair with your smartphone or tablet, and you're ready to stream.
Samsung Electronics said Monday that problems with the design and manufacturing of batteries in its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones caused them to overheat and burst into fire.
Smart locks are mostly a gamble: They promise the ability to unlock your home with only your smartphone, but it's hard to shake the feeling that they're somehow less secure than regular deadbolts. The Kwikset Premis, however, packs all the intelligence you want in a door lock while still keeping your pad on lockdown.
Scientists have built a DNA-analysing smartphone attachment that is a fraction of the cost of lab-based kit.
Say goodbye to your Glade plug-in...
It's the latest research to find a connection between human and animal cognition
Nintendo has said it will release its long-awaited new console, the Nintendo Switch, on 3 March.
The American SpaceX rocket company is hoping to resume flights on Saturday.
Facebook is to test "mid-roll" video advertising - in which ads are played after a video has already started - the BBC understands.
The deadly spread of cancer around the body has been cut by three-quarters in animal experiments, say scientists.
Yahoo will adopt a new corporate identity and cut the size of its board in half if the proposed $4.8 billion sale of its digital services to Verizon Communications goes through.
The first Nokia-branded Android phone - yes, we like to pretend the half-baked Nokia X series never happened - has finally launched. The rather unimaginatively named Nokia 6 was introduced on Sunday by HMD Global, the new custodians of the Nokia bran
Astronomers, using data from India's Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope (GMRT), have discovered two of the most powerful phenomena in the universe – a supermassive black hole and the collision of giant galaxy clusters about two billion light years from Earth
NASA's Hubble Space Telescope is creating a road map for the two Voyager spacecraft, that will travel through unexplored territories beyond our solar system, by measuring the material along the probes' future trajectories.
A Japanese insurance company is replacing its staff with an artificial intelligence system.
Scientists recently discovered what they are calling a new human organ that exists in the digestive system.
Amazon and Whirlpool are hoping homeowners will pay for the luxury of not having to run down the stairs to pause a load of laundry or sprint to the kitchen to check on dinner.
Amazon is known for offering discounts on everything from TVs to speakers and home appliances during its Black Friday promotions in November and Prime Day sales in July. Now, it's planning to offer bargains on various types of digital content including TV shows, apps, games, movies, music, and more as part of its Amazon Digital Day on Dec. 30.
at an Alarming Rate 3051
Just 7,100 cheetahs remain across the globe as the species continues to face a range of threats largely caused by humans, according to new research.
- Wimal further remanded 3599
- Court allows respondents be noticed 3597
- Arrested soldiers suspended 3730
- IGP off to Tokyo for narcotics confab 3579
- Sharp drop in incidence of Dengue reported 3584
- Armed police mobile squads 3597
- Take over Health and Higher Education 3605
- As SAITM mgmt meets Prez Sirisena 3611
- Blood to be tested 3592
- Amaraweera to revoke fishing licenCe 3582
- MONKS DECRY SCHOOL BIG MATCHES 3591
- BASL elections put on hold 3590
- Ragging rears its wretched head again 3591
- SEUSL gets High Tech Lab 3577
- SEUSL Convocation held at BMICH 3579
- Shahid Afridi ends international career 3581
- Unite to fight for Tamil issues 3578
- The European Union first 3580
- Ensuring Euro-Atlantic security 3575
- Attempt on Sumanthiran’s life and failure of intelligence services 3611
- TRC to outsource statistics data 3574
- Two more killed in road accidents 3566
- Police oic arrested 3576
- US delegation to strengthen ties 3579
- SEC man gets bail 3577
- Corruption and confusion 3461
- A state in disarray 3477
- MATTIS FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERS 3433
- Will myths be replaced by science? 3299
- Legal action against corrupt politicians 3380
- Workshops and Balkans again 3404
- Egypt court confirms death sentences 2684
- India face South Africa today 2686
- England Lions rout Sri Lanka ‘A’ by 195 runs 2685
- Tsonga wins Rotterdam title 2677
- Messi penalty rescues poor Barcelona 2679
- Asela earns maiden IPL contract 2682
- Is India Still Interested Developing Trincomalee Port? 3209
- Rice at a price 1797
- Step in the right direction 1706
- Decriminalize homosexuality 1695
- Ruffling judicial feathers 1805
- SAITM still tossed on a stormy sea 1922
- Dr. Sivamohan reiterates preference for foreign intervention 2693
- RICE SHORTAGE AND HIGH PRICES BIG MILL OWNERS TO BLAME SAYS ACPF 3010
- I believe in cooperative politics – Karuna 1981
- I like to talk to diehard Sinhala chauvinists – Wigneswaran 2275
- Justices should be subject to judicial audits 3721
- Traders have imported rice under local branding– Duminda Dissanayake 3605
- CTSU to protest SAITM ruling-on the streets 3835
- ‘Unity Government’ A golden opportunity... 3393
- New Laws for Port City – Malik Samarawickrama 2232
- I did not give vehicles to Wimal’s relatives– Prof. Ashu Marasinghe 3140
- Amazon plans 5000 new jobs in UK 2871
- UK Vauxhall pensions could scupper GM Peugeot sale 2868
- China piles pressure on North Korea by banning coal imports 2867
- ‘Spot’ devalued by 40 cents to Rs 151.25 2874
- SLT certified to construct Tier 3 internet data center 2907
- Central Bank launches Data Library 2901
- GSP+ To sustain economy or to Mutate society? 2995
- Fully fledged Media Commission by June – DGI 3037
- Way for True Conciliation! 4211
- Mathews is confident of bouncing back 2833
- Djokovic still the biggest rival, says Murray 3382
- Malayalam film - “Orazhcha” (A week) 3258
- Sri Lanka’s Finest Talent – but Who Cares? 3255
- The mesmerizing mystery of Mozart’s music – Mass in C major KV317 (Coronation) 3235
- A Showstopping Performance 3426
- House for Rent 3254
- Footpaths Towards Deconstruction - part 9 3217
- Junsu 1471
- The fate of our woods 1467
- Celebrate ‘A month of love’ 1468
- Five new branch openings 1468
- THINC Sri Lanka Networking Conference 2017 1496
- ‘Our Shop’ for staff welfare 1467