Temperatures at the North Pole could be up to 20 degrees higher than average this Christmas Eve, in what scientists say is a record-breaking heatwave.
Latest News - Sci / Tech
Some dinosaurs lost their teeth as they grew up, according to fossil evidence.
When you're heading to a meeting or just need to focus on work, the iPhone's Do Not Disturb feature can be helpful for silencing unnecessary alerts and calls. But there are some people you may want to hear from no matter what situation you're in, like a spouse or a son or daughter.
The EyeQue personal vision tracker allows you to test your vision at home using just the EyeQue miniscope and a smartphone.
Between the thousands of photos you've snapped over the years and your massive music library, you're bound to reach your phone's storage capacity sooner or later. Some Android devices offer flexible options that allow you to manage your content and clear space fairly easily.
When your iPhone's battery is depleted, it can't charge fast enough. Being stuck without your phone often means being stranded without social contact, your map, your music library and your video game collection among other things.
The wait is over, Mario fans: Nintendo is about to officially release Super Mario Run.
People in Sri Lanka and other South Asian countries can now go berserk over catching Pokémon characters in their neighbourhoods.
On Dec. 14, 1911, humans reached the South Pole for the first time, and on Wednesday Google commemorated the 105th anniversary of that milestone with a new Doodle.
If the prominence of selfie sticks has taught us anything, it's that selfies are here to stay. Some smartphones, including the iPhone, store all of these self portraits in one place so that they're easier to find.
The world's largest cold energy storage plant is being commissioned at a site near Manchester.
Japan has launched a cargo ship which will use a half mile- (700m)-long tether to remove some of the vast amount of debris from Earth's orbit.
These smart cycling glasses, called Raptors, are the only ones that do not obstruct your view as you ride.
Sony's PlayStation 4 video games console continues to rack up strong sales numbers: The company says the system, available in 122 countries, just passed the 50 million units sold through worldwide mark.
Capcom's final Resident Evil 7 demo arrived for the PlayStation 4, PS4 Pro and PlayStation VR on December 3 during the weekend PlayStation Experience, Sony's annual feting of its PlayStation platform.
An Indian startup is planning to launch a mission to land on the moon at the end of January 2018 which, if successful, would make India the fourth nation to land there after the U.S., Russia and China.
Insta360 just made it easier and cheaper to record 360-degree videos on your smartphone.
Netflix is adding the ability to download certain shows and movies so they can be watched later without an Internet connection, the company announced on Wednesday.
Facebook is opening up its Messenger app to outside game developers, the company announced Tuesday, with some of the first titles including Pac-Man, Galaga, Space Invaders and more modern fare like Words With Friends.
- Desk thumping greets Jayaratne crossover 3696
- Vasu challenges Rajitha 3693
- Sensational dig in Wilpattu 3696
- Indian HC presents credentials 3691
- Don’t attend Nugegoda rally 3695
- Coach assaults 14-year-old 3690
- Govt seeks Rs 26.9 M for ECT 3693
- JVP urges Parliament probe 3690
- 50% Lankan docs employed abroad 3692
- Pillaiyan ordered killing – AG 3693
- Won’t rest until ‘Govt sent home’ – Wimal 3693
- UFO sightings unlikely – expert 3693
- Brexit requires Parliament Nod – UK Supreme Court 3690
- Govt to Seize Perpetual Treasuries’ Funds 3700
- Soldiers turn tables on CR 3694
- Why The Black Sea? 3694
- Student turns out trishaw ambulance 3695
- Budu Medura opened at SEUSL 3692
- Lankans amongst top Swiss asylum requests in 2016 3693
- CLARIFICATION 3687
- Thalatha Chair of ADD for next two years 3686
- Charged with rape of a schoolgirl 3686
- USS Hopper visit signals growing bilateral cooperation 3686
- Reconciliation in the School Curriculum 3686
- Hambantota drought 3747
- Canine and feline companions 3019
- Nixon’s Heir 3018
- Radical paradigm shift in Trump foreign policy 3026
- Shielding reconciliation from the nationalist 3079
- THIRTY YEARS AFTER DECLARATION OF IYSH 3061
- DOES SIRISENA HAVE A TRUMP CARD? 3159
- Sumo National Championship today 2814
- Sri Lanka U-19’s 303/6 2816
- De Villiers back as captain 2817
- Helitha Vithanage scores second ton 2816
- Lasith Fernando scores century 2814
- UPUL THARANGA TO CAPTAIN ODI team 2817
- Spirit Answers Door Bell 3492
- Did Govt get it wrong? 3477
- MI played a major role 2786
- The vision a nightmare; the revenue a myth! 3133
- A Rishad canard! 3093
- Flying high in ‘Velvet city’ 3091
- Bogus claims of foreign investments! 3433
- Docs threaten TU action if... 3440
- Coal industry mafia sacked me 3666
- I have a responsibility to correct this Govt 3673
- A NEW CONSTITUTION A MUST 3424
- WIDER PARTICIPATION MANDATORY FOR PEOPLE-FRIENDLY CONSTITUTION 3965
- Political furnace heating up once more 3262
- No need for a new Constitution 3941
- People are sick of the same old faces 3003
- Sarath Silva Slams Tinkering in Law/Constitution 4311
- BT European chief to resign over Italian scandal 3038
- Boosting FDI a must for wealth creation 3037
- Education Sector has created a surplus of engineers 3039
- Aus and NZ moot ‘TPP 12 minus one’ 3038
- Money printing 6 times greater than liquidity 3038
- Acclaimed scientist urges SL to retire coal plants 3039
- Way for True Conciliation! 3918
- Mathews is confident of bouncing back 2698
- Djokovic still the biggest rival, says Murray 3289
- Odissi dance recital Taal Taranga 4592
- Candid and Undeterred remarks on Luke Wright 4660
- Enchanting scrutiny into historical novels 4612
- Davena Vihagun (aka Burning Birds) for The Ingamar Bergman Film Award 4627
- Rev. Fr. Harold Panditharatne – Teacher Par Excellance 4608
- Postnational cinema? 4756
- Authentic poetry rewarded 2582
- Kala Pola 2017 2567
- A mighty platform for the creative writer 2568
- The start of a new year 2571
- Special Chinese New Year food festival 2571
- Escape to Sigiriya 2575