Sri Lankan Police Friday found the body of a 24-year-old British journalist, Paul McClean, who is suspected to have been killed by a crocodile.
Latest News - Local
A pindapatha tour organized by several Buddhist clergy members to raise funds in aid of former President's Secretary Lalith Weeratunga and former Director of the TRC Anusha Palpita who were convicted over the 'sil redi' case began earlier today (15).
The book titled 'Janadhipathi Thaththa,' compiled by President Maithripala Sirisena's daughter Chathurika, was launched at the BMICH today.
The Colombo High Court (CHC) yesterday set aside dates for the hearing of a case filed against Gampola Vidanalage Saman Kumara alias Wele Suda, his wife and his sister where they have been charged with amassing wealth to the tune of Rs 170 million through drug trafficking.
The one-day anti-SAITM strike by Medical Officers would be in effect today in five Districts, including Colombo, the Government Medical Officers' Association (GMOA) told the Media yesterday.
Jaffna High Court Today(14) granted bail to five police officers who were in remand custody over the shooting incident of two Jaffna University Students.
The Office of Missing Persons (OMP) will come into operation tomorrow (15) as authorized by the Gazette notification signed by President Maithripala Sirisena, a press communiqué issued by the Secretary to the Ministry for National Integration and Reconciliation said. President Sirisena in his capacity as the Minister for National Integration and Reconciliation sanctioned the Gazette to operationalize the OMP Tuesday (12).
The launching ceremony of the book Janadhipathi Thaththa, which contains a wonderful story of an extremely ordinary man, who was born to a farming family, becoming the President of the country, through the eyes of his daughter will be held at 7:30 a.m. on 15 September at the BMICH.
The Vithya Sivaloganathan murder Trial-at-Bar concluded yesterday with the defence claiming that witness Mohamed Ilfam was a fraudster, who had given all sorts of misinformation to mislead the Court, by saying that Swiss Kumar was trying to bribe Criminal Investigation Department (CID) official Nishantha Silva.
The Senior DIG Lalith Jayasinghe who was accused of being involved in the Vidya Sivaloganathana murder case was granted bail Today (13) by the Kayts Magistrate Court.
Two Sri Lankans were arrested at the arrival lounge of the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) in Katunayake for attempting to smuggle over Rs. 40 million worth of jewellery.
BY NATASHA SIRIBADDANA
Forty 'Environment Pioneers' representing 16 schools, who have qualified for the Environment Pioneer President's Medal Award will receive their medals at a ceremony to be held today at 3:00 p.m., at the President's House, Colombo Fort under the patronage of President, Maithripala Sirisena.
- Long term conciliation in Korea
- Germany and Europe: A New Relationship?
- Key role to strengthen SLFP -Wijewickrama
- Blood donation at SEUSL
- Faizer Mustapha says Muslims must trust SLFP and President
- Construction of Kerawalapitiya LNG Power Plant Political pressure blocks tender award
- One cannot expect failed rebels to become effective administrators MR
- FTA with Singapore Professionals claim Govt misleading public
- Alleged manhandling of principal:CM QUITS EDUCATION PORTFOLIO, pending probe
- 60 arrested in Kataragama mayhem
- Call to roll back FBR rule for female workers Thousands of foreign jobs in limbo - ALFEA
- Alleged manhandling of principal: CM QUITS EDUCATION PORTFOLIO, pending probe
- Senior Journalist Jatila Wellaboda passes away
- Hunt on for missing Police weapon Team flees Jumbo charge during ganja raid
- ‘Gender-based violence on the rise at Pera Uni’
- New Ambassador-Designate of China arrives in SL
- Two SLPPers pledge support to President Sirisena
- Wants Armed Forces out of Jaffna
- Using a dog as live bait to capture Panmure leopard Environmentalists cry foul
- PRESIDENT TO TAKE OVER ECONOMY AFTER LG POLLS
- Only fraction of requested funds sent to NPC last year Lack of funds derails development plans – CM
- US Govt in shutdown
- PCoI report on Bonds issue AG holds back 103 pages
- Alarming Police statistics reveal 3 underage girls raped every day!
- LANKAN LAWS SUFFICIENT ARJUNA MAHENDRAN CAN BE ARRESTED – AG
- Acceptance of new NSFs by NOC NOC Members expect further clarification from IOC
- ‘Singer Cup’ Under-19 Schools Cricket Cambrians win by an innings
- 92nd National Boxing Championship Army retain men’s title MAS Unichela emerge women’s champs
- Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon Madumali finishes 11th with PB
- Man City back on track
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-13 Div.II Cricket St. John’s advance to semis
- Sainz survives dunes to win Dakar Rally
- Nadal survives test, Wozniacki turns on style
- 12th ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup Plate Championship begins today
- Premier League Club Cricket – Tier ‘B’ Panadura SC crush Galle CC
- China, Sri Lanka and the ‘Politics of Investment’ What are the sources and impact of China’s economic leverage?
- Swaps boost liquidity by over 1,000%
- Rocell among Top 20 Sri Lankan Brands
- Bupa Global Insurance to further develop SL operations
- What happens at the World Economic Forum?
- Investigate losses in the CSE, T-Bond issues from 2008-14: Presidential Commission
- IMF has choked Tunisia, and now the people are protesting
- Will we ever be able to trust driverless cars?
- Gateway Graduate School and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University sign MOU Innovative Aerospace dual enrolment programme outside US
- World markets hammer higher on rising metal prices
- Foreign missions’ failure to correct Sri Lanka’s tarnished image Tamil Diaspora vilifications
- Concretes & Abstracts Pitipana Committee and Public Debt
- Achieving true lasting reconciliation
- Dying art of sending postcards
- The Pursuit of Peace Starting at SCOPP
- Vote for women this LG Polls
- Block law’s lacunae Not letting bond thieves go scot-free
- Europe prods homeless with spikes and cold showers
- UN warns of South Sudan’s ‘lost generation’ grinding conflict
- Hazardous multi-plug on the way out
- Participatory citizenship is important - Rosy
- I have a master plan - Salley
- All set for Free and Fair LG Polls – Mahinda Deshapriya
- If given power We’ll develop country in two years -Chandrasiri Mahagamage
- Upcoming LG Elections a referendum
- National Prosperity Turning the Tide
- Disposable coffee cups:British lawmakers call for “latte levy”
- If only we could crackdown on the root causes to effect sustainable solutions Herein lies a Nation’s progress
- Jumanji’s Adventure Remake In Theatres Now
- PLAN AHEAD
- The Darker Side of Christmas
- For a hopeful tomorrow
- Millennials and Marriages
- Forecast your own destiny An astrological guide
- Kala Sarpa Yoga will test sustainability of government
- TIMING OF EVENTS –CHILD BIRTH
- Season for Marriage and Construction
- Cancer Causing Vastu Defects
- “Hail, Caesar!” Silliness as a virtue
- Notes on history: The thinkers and the doers
- Reflections on a nation of non-readers
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Indu & Sanwada We have so much in common
- The Writer’s Kitchenette Vietnamese Fusion Rice Wraps
- ‘Derana Champion’ Shines with OPPO
- A Possible Fallout as US freezes Funds for Palestinian refugees
- Jungle loving President Premadasa
- How Felix Dias became Bandaranaike
- IT IS MY CHOICE
- In your own skin be the barrel you want
- Dear Patriarchy,Dilshani Palugaswewa tells it like it is in this open letter