A man who falls at the Viyana stream was seized by the police officers of Police Training College in Mahiyanganaya Police division, last evening (13), Police Media Unite told Ceylon Today Online.
Latest News - Local
A sudden fire occurred in a market complex at Godakawela early morning today (14), police told Ceylon Today online.
Two suspects were arrested with a haul of smuggled cigarettes at Dambulla yesterday (13), Police Media Unit told Ceylon Today.
The spread of the A1H1 influenza, that had broken out, among a few of patients, at the Kandy Base Hospital, has been brought under total control.
The National Organiser of the Joint Opposition (JO) and SLFP Matara District MP Dullas Alahapperuma says that the first in a series of countrywide public rallies themed Peraliyaka Arabuma organized by the JO against the government will be staged at Nugegoda on 27 January.
Pakistan Single Country Exhibition commenced today in the BMICH at 10.00a.m.
Former Deputy Minister Sarath Kumara Gunaratne again remanded till 20 January.
The Electronic Passenger Travel Card was yesterday officially introduced to the public for use by passenger bus commuters, as part of President Maithripala Sirisena's Sustainable Development Programme, 'Sahasara'. The first phase of the Sahasara programme will be launched on Monday (16) in the Central Province on the Kandy- Kadugannawa and Kandy-Digana routes under the auspices of President Sirisena.
The All Ceylon Lottery Marketing Representatives Association said that, according to the agreements reached at the discussion with President Maithripala Sirisena on 2 January, regarding the problems faced by Lottery Marketing Representatives and Vendors, if no solution is forthcoming, all Lottery representatives and vendors will boycott selling of lottery tickets from 18 January.
Two individuals were arrested with 52 kilograms and 200grams of Kerala Ganja while travelling on a boat, during a raid conducted by the Navy Officers in Kankasanthurei yesterday evening(11).
Police have arrested two people with fake money in Kalutara yesterday(11).
Sri Lankan Embassy in Washington marked the National Integration and Reconciliation Week on Monday (9) taking a pledge to work towards national integration and reconciliation.
A man has been attacked in Wawniya yesterday evening(11), Police informed.
A fire had erupted at a house in Erawur last evening(11), Police informed.
European Commission proposes that Sri Lanka is granted GSP+ concessions. EU Parliment needs to ratify the decision-EU
A group of 2,477 Civil Security Department (CSD) personnel were deployed to the police service yesterday (10 ) following instructions given by President Maithripala Sirisena and directions of the Secretary to the Ministry of Defence Eng. Karunasena Hettiarachchi.
In the first 10 days of 2017, 1000 dengue patients have been identified, but no deaths have been reported.
A child aged 16 has drowned while bathing in Aluth-Paara Junction sea area in Weligama Police Division last evening (10), Police said.
A person has succumbed to his injuries after falling from a private bus plying on Batticaloa-Polonnaruwa Road in Welikanda Police Division last night (10), Police Media Unit said.
An accident occurred when a motorcycle travelling on Mahiyanganaya-Manampitiya Road crashed into a bus stand after colliding with a trishaw in Aralaganwila Police Division yesterday (10), Police said.
Taboo to SLFPers 1688
- More job opportunities for local seafarers 291
- Tamil Diaspora lobbies against GSP plus 294
- Foreign exits pass Rs 75B mark 291
- Peace Airways to fly six A 380s from Mattala 298
- Poor quality fuel re-enters market 291
- Wiggy returns from Canada with ‘cough’ 4588
- Control the price of rice 3756
- 15 families move into DS office 3759
- SLFP moots LG polls under ‘FPP’ 3764
- Conman takes parents on Rs 3 M ride 4004
- Hakeem wants Govt rethink 3777
- Delimitation report gazetted soon 3749
- Six injured in home-and-home feud 3764
- Fine increased to Rs 200,000 3789
- Tamil ‘State Language’ in Tamil Majority Areas 3775
- Imported Rice Not above Rs 76 a kilo 3746
- President appeals: ‘Avert energy crisis’ 3742
- ‘I’ll turn the tables in a jiffy’ 3771
- JVP ups Anti-Govt Initiatives 3746
- Taboo to SLFPers 3763
- SLPP will shun UPFA nominations 3759
- Lagarde lauds SL’s economic efforts 3744
- Thousands protest in USA 3748
- Two exclusive HCs to hear cases? 3967
- Dengue strikes UK envoy 4581
- A Commonwealth Quartet 3629
- CTF recommendations and hybrid court 3612
- Singing in Paradise 3613
- Galle and its annual literary festival 3590
- SRI LANKANS AND THE ROYAL ACCOLADES 3590
- DONALD TRUMP…CHUMP, MORON, PARADOX 3077
- Molligoda in final 33
- CCC take first innings points 35
- Nipun scores second ton 35
- SL rout Zim by 7 wickets 37
- SL returns to Wanderers to save the series 35
- Kandy seal win with first-half blitz 35
- The vision a nightmare; the revenue a myth! 97
- A Rishad canard! 94
- Flying high in ‘Velvet city’ 96
- Govt has no business in our bedrooms 94
- Woman returns home after 26 years of captivity 92
- Drought plays havoc 93
- Coal industry mafia sacked me 117
- I have a responsibility to correct this Govt 117
- A NEW CONSTITUTION A MUST 3337
- WIDER PARTICIPATION MANDATORY FOR PEOPLE-FRIENDLY CONSTITUTION 3941
- Political furnace heating up once more 3233
- No need for a new Constitution 3923
- People are sick of the same old faces 2976
- Sarath Silva Slams Tinkering in Law/Constitution 4291
- No property in Wimal’s name – Shashi Weerawansa 6263
- Government rushing into self-destruction 2938
- China’s economy grows 6.7% in 2016 77
- Back-up plan to seek partner for SriLankan 76
- China posts weakest growth in 26 years 77
- Political ramifications complicate fiscal consolidation 78
- CBSL retires Rs 34.1B T-Bills 79
- FTA with NZ in the offing 77
- Way for True Conciliation! 3864
- Mathews is confident of bouncing back 2669
- Djokovic still the biggest rival, says Murray 3264
- Odissi dance recital Taal Taranga 176
- Candid and Undeterred remarks on Luke Wright 177
- Enchanting scrutiny into historical novels 179
- Davena Vihagun (aka Burning Birds) for The Ingamar Bergman Film Award 176
- Rev. Fr. Harold Panditharatne – Teacher Par Excellance 177
- Postnational cinema? 177
- Authentic poetry rewarded 45
- Kala Pola 2017 44
- A mighty platform for the creative writer 46
- The start of a new year 46
- Special Chinese New Year food festival 46
- Escape to Sigiriya 45