Following months of explosions jokes and wild speculation about the as-yet-unannounced Galaxy S8, Samsung has finally got the technology industry talking about something concrete: a new product.
Latest News - Sci / Tech
You'd think it would be hard to misplace an entire continent, what with the mountains and trees and all that other hard-to-miss stuff.
Electronics giant LG has admitted its new premium-priced computer displays experience "performance issues" when placed near a wi-fi router.
Facebook has long been able to recognize the people in your photos and sort images by where they were taken. But it hasn't been as precise at understanding what's actually happening in a photo. That's now beginning to change, thanks to new developments in the Menlo Park, Calif.'s artificial intelligence software.
Instagram users may soon be able to post multiple images in a single post, if a recent discovery in a beta release of the app goes public.
This creature looks very different from us, but scientists think it could be our oldest ancestor.
With the Windows 10 Creators Update, a free upgrade due this spring for Windows 10 users, Microsoft says games will run notably faster as well as be more consistently smooth.
For nearly 100 years, scientists have dreamed of turning the lightest of all the elements, hydrogen, into a metal.
Huawei is a leading smart-phone brand in Sri Lanka and it has introduced new Huawei Media-Pad T2 7.0 device.
Dell is announcing a trio of new Chromebooks today, and the most interesting of the bunch is a convertible laptop that works with a stylus.
Upgrading your speaker system has never been easier. This clever gadget turns any old speaker into one that's Bluetooth enabled. Simply attach it to your system via A/V, RCA, or 3.5mm jack input, pair with your smartphone or tablet, and you're ready to stream.
Samsung Electronics said Monday that problems with the design and manufacturing of batteries in its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones caused them to overheat and burst into fire.
Smart locks are mostly a gamble: They promise the ability to unlock your home with only your smartphone, but it's hard to shake the feeling that they're somehow less secure than regular deadbolts. The Kwikset Premis, however, packs all the intelligence you want in a door lock while still keeping your pad on lockdown.
Scientists have built a DNA-analysing smartphone attachment that is a fraction of the cost of lab-based kit.
Say goodbye to your Glade plug-in...
It's the latest research to find a connection between human and animal cognition
Nintendo has said it will release its long-awaited new console, the Nintendo Switch, on 3 March.
The American SpaceX rocket company is hoping to resume flights on Saturday.
Facebook is to test "mid-roll" video advertising - in which ads are played after a video has already started - the BBC understands.
The deadly spread of cancer around the body has been cut by three-quarters in animal experiments, say scientists.
- Since taking over from Avant Garde Navy’s OBST earns Rs 3 B for Govt 3831
- Schools big match season 22 vehicles in custody 3797
- President hints at Cabinet reshuffle 3841
- Three Lankan pilgrims die Extremely cold weather in Dambadiva 3798
- 2,484 dengue patients in Trinco 3788
- Wimal taken to prison hospital Hunger strike enters fifth day 3804
- President misled on Wilpattu issue – ECT Gazette provides zero relief for destruction 3813
- R’kanth’s Jaffna visit dropped 3780
- Rajinikanth’s SL tour cancellation Welcomed by Parties barring BJP 3786
- IUSF in 65 anti-SAITM protests Demand scrapping of Institute 3791
- JVPer claims paddy sold to distillery at Rs 28 3869
- Maligawa Road will remain closed – Kiriella 3825
- Suspect arrested with revolver 3784
- Soma Agnes Maduragoda dies George Perera’s Mother-in-law 3785
- Strike in Afghanistan US confirms al-Qaida figure killed 3782
- Soaring dengue cases 3771
- Visit My Mosque Open day for everyone 3768
- 25 held in pre-dawn Police swoop Illicit liquor, narcotics seized 3767
- Kalkudah distillery runs into snag PS approval in limbo 3774
- South Eastern University shuns ragging 3770
- Civil society should assist Police –DIG 3766
- Defending Liberal Democracy in Poland 3775
- Fighting for Life at 60 3808
- Kandy tops list in air pollution 2760
- CBSL printsRs 48.9B Money printing costs up by Rs 676M to RS 7.9B 2712
- From Russia with friendship: ‘Kandyan Kastane’ 3292
- Is the Government attempting to STIFLE PUBLIC’S RIGHT TO PROTEST? 3289
- Protests, fisticuffs and fast unto death 3241
- Are tourism authorities wearing blinkers? 3207
- A time of gifts 3138
- Nationalists and globalists 3126
- Richmond emerge champions 2715
- SL in deep slump 2728
- Lyon claims four key wickets 2713
- Joes beat Antonians 2708
- Muthuthanthri set for captaincy ? 2749
- Vettel wins Australian Grand Prix 2718
- The roles people play Prioritizing Sex & Gender 3171
- Typical double standards & hypocrisy 3032
- Main cause of kidney diseases 3079
- ‘Posh Pooches’ to be lavished with love 3032
- Preventive measures 3011
- Opening a can of worms 3064
- Rewarded for sensitizing rights of the disabled 3122
- Foreign Judges can hear cases – Niran Anketell 3096
- We await President’s response – Gemunu 3233
- LTTE atrocities also have to be investigated 3809
- Exporters to EU must be educated on Brexit – GM ECCSL Srinath 3297
- Speaker refused our request 3289
- Dinesh only UPFA’s Deputy Leader 3286
- Voters must exercise caution when electing MPs – Harshana Rajakaruna 2581
- Forced family planning is happening countywide – Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara Thera 3902
- ITAK’s arbitrary actions cause conflict in TNA – Sivasakthy Ananthan 3559
- G20 drops pledge to fight protectionism Bows down to US opposition in spite of China 3323
- Chinawood: The merging of ‘Hollywood’ and ‘Made in China’ 3302
- Facebook to challenge YouTube and Spotify 3301
- Revised IMF deal expected by April Disbursement by June – Central Bank 3308
- Sri Lankan to maintain fleet position 3453
- High production costs hurting shipbuilding industry 3307
- The crisis in Parliament: Twilight of a functioning democracy 3499
- Mispriced Risk of Infectious Diseases 2442
- Limelight on Sri Lanka again 2446
- Former JVP terror districts continue in poverty 3669
- Valencia stun Real Madrid 2916
- GSP+ To sustain economy or to Mutate society? 3241
- Musicalisation of Narrative 3894
- The Many Faces of Galle -Part 2 3925
- Footpaths Towards Deconstruction- Part 14 3903
- Afternoon Shadows 3913
- Living up to ideals 4061
- Clash of the Titans in Nuwara Eliya 3947
- The plight of our corals 1727
- India’s largest international décor mall launched in Bangalore 1707
- The games gods and politicians play 1704
- A challenged life 1695
- The Threshold: Patching up our privileged defeats 1763
- Animal assisted therapy 1699