Ministry of Health, Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine will sign 33 MoUs with 23 drug manufacturing companies to locally manufacture drugs for the State Pharmaceuticals Corporation of Sri Lanka.
Latest News - Local
A Bill to further strengthen the legal framework against illegal fishing methods including bottom trawling ...
Three-wheel taxi drivers in Sri Lanka on Monday protested against a US travel warning for tourists using three-wheelers in Colombo.
Mainly fair weather will prevail over most provinces of the island.
By Umesh Moramudali
The Government Medical Officers' Association (GMOA) yesterday postponed its scheduled countrywide strike by a week in response to a positive response from the government and appeals from religious leaders.
By Cassendra Doole
The Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Pujith Jayasundara submitted a report to the National Police Commission (NPC) on the incident involving the alleged use of force against university students......during an anti- South Asian Institute of Technology and Medicine (SAITM) protest.
Light showers will occur at Western, Sabaragamuwa and Central provinces and in the Galle and Matara districts.
Showers or thundershowers will occur at few places in the Eastern, Uva and North-central provinces and in the Mullaitivu and Vauniya districts after 2.00 p.m
By Umesh Moramudali
The Government Medical Officers' Association (GMOA) will launch a countrywide indefinite strike tomorrow (5) demanding that the Government nationalize the South Asian Institute of Technology and Medicine (SAITM).
By Dhammika Ranaweera
A final decision on whether to sustain the Anti Corruption Secretariat which saw its term expire on 30 June will be taken during the Cabinet meeting to be held today, sources said.
By Karuppaiah Ramakrishnan
A large number of motor cyclists were nabbed for riding without helmets in the Kattankudi area recently, Police said, yesterday.
Acting OIC Traffic at Kattankudi Police, Inspector IP Kamal Jayaweera told Ceylon Today that a special operation had been launched to nab motorcyclists who violate the law.
Several spells of showers will occur at Western, Sabaragamuwa and Central provinces and in the Galle and Matara districts.
Showers or thundershowers will occur at several places in the Eastern, Uva and North-central provinces and in the Mullaitivu and Vauniya districtsafter 2.00 p.m.
By Umesh Moramudali
The Government Medical Officers' Association (GMOA) will today decide on the date to launch a countrywide strike in protest over the Government's failure to nationalize the South Asian Institute of Technology and Medicine (SAITM).
- Managing the US-Thailand Alliance in the Trump Era
- Don’t play games with youth
- Call to provide DF vehicles for migrant workers
- SAITM Controversy:BASL will inform GMOA on stance Dr. Aluthge
- Implementation of Research Programme SL and India sign 2nd PoC
- Pakistan’s Foreign Secretary to visit SL
- NBRO warns of floods if rains continue
- Veteran TULF politician Soosaithasan’s funeral today
- TNA seeks fiscal powers in new Constitution N&E PCs should be integrated - Sumanthiran
- New laws to curb poaching Rs 100m fine and no bail – Amaraweera
- TPA wants local polls delayed Seeks more PS Offices in N’Eliya
- New Constitution draws flak Country heading for Federalism – MR
- Namal, 7 others out on bail
- Treasury Bonds Probe PTL and EPF officials cost CBSL billions – Banking Expert
- Hotels face tough time Drop in tourist arrivals predicted
- Military Stalemate: How North Korea could win a war with the US
- What Is the Tatmadaw’s Plan for the Rohingya?
- Inadequate pay stunts female labour force
- Strike cost Railway Dept Rs 12 M
- Lanka paying back Mahinda’s debts Gift from the past regime -Ranil
- CEB subsidiary in illegal name change VAC to lodge complaint with CIABOC
- Two held at BIA with Wallapatta, phones
- Taiwanese investigators leave SL
- 100,000 persons put on landslide alert Red notice for Ratnapura and Galle DMC
- SAITM issue a ‘public headache’ -Prelates Want President, PM to provide solution
- Pakistan confident Sri Lanka will come
- Pakistan struggling
- Top seeds through to 2nd round
- Dialog Champions League Navy SC face Negombo SC today
- Cane inks long-term deal with All Blacks
- NZ Rugby to assist SL Rugby
- Singer Cup’ U-19 Schools Cricket 22 wickets fall in one day
- Hatton wins second straight title in Italy
- Indonesian goalkeeper dies after mid-game collision
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-13 Division I Schools Cricket Hasaranga shines with bat and ball
- Grasping the term ‘Memorandum of Understanding’
- Ashok Leyland turnover up 49% to 7.2 B in 1H 2017
- ‘Spot’ Holds
- Spotlight : Sri Lanka’s Hotel Sector
- High debate, high performance and dropping into hot sectors
- Saudi Aramco: FCA head admits to talks over listing plans
- SLIDA wins Green Energy Champion 2017
- Nations Trust Bank launches Flexi Deposit Scheme
- BOC to reward foreign remittances
- Atlas Axillia wins big at 2017 NCQP Awards
- A frightening future for Sri Lankans
- Government lethargy in protecting our forces
- Where is Sri Lanka heading?
- Securing Sri Lanka’s maritime boundaries:Russian Gepard 5.1 Class Frigates
- Sri Lanka and International Conventions - Part 1 Debasement of our legislative process
- Ahikuntika community of Sri Lanka Diminishing cultural traits
- Beware of drones!
- Anti-SAITM protests a political gimmick?
- Death of Subramaniam Haran ‘Police had no option’ Ticino police chief
- President jolts security detail Confronts Jaffna protesters
- Would like more Pradeshiya Sabhas for N’Eliya-Radhakrishnan
- Skills mismatch a massive economic cost Education system must be reformed
- Federalism is the antithesis of separatism Wiggy
- Kiriella has no right to ask me not to speak-Handunnetti
- We want China to be transparent in its intent– US Rear Admiral Don Gabrielson
- UNHRC Resolution 30/1 Implications for Sri Lanka (Part II) (Based on a presentation to the OPA)
- Electoral Reforms are for People’s Benefit
- Managing perception with international community
- An Aspirant to the Throne of Hearts-Virajini Thennekoon
- The latest addition to the Galle Hospitality industry
- Best Hikes in Sri Lanka
- What went wrong at the Apple Inc. iPhone X demo?
- NASA's spacecraft makes death plunge into Saturn
- Salient points of horoscope Assessment
- KARMIC CONNECTIONS IN THE BIRTH CHARTS 2
- Dream of travelling abroad?
- Mystery behind Osama bin Laden explained
- Three poses to relieve trauma
- Socio-economic developments from critical perspective
- KAZUO ISHIGURO – THE NEW NOBEL LAUREATE
- The Fairway Galle Literary Festival 2018 –Internationally acclaimed authors to take part
- Portrayal of country and nature
- Resonant Field Imaging - a Marvel in Technology
- Shankar’s International Children’s Competition 2018
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Making plus-sized clothing trendy
- Pyjamas go viral as well - Sharmila Srikumar
- Giving back to Society
- Double treat at Pinnawala
- Mental illness a health issue Replacing stigma with compassion
- Studying to be ahead