Hundreds of Army troops are currently engaged in dengue eradication campaign in Western Province, Army Media stated.
Latest News - Local
Railway Department announces that six special trains will be deployed on 29th and 30th July for the pilgrims participating in the 'Pichcha Mal Poojawa' to be held in Anuradhapura.
By Rishini Jayarathna
Petroleum trade unions have decided to postpone their strike to 14 July, Minister of Petroleum Resources Development Arjuna Ranatunga said yesterday after a discussion with unionists.
By K.S. Udaya Kumar
Former Development Lotteries Board (DLB) Chairman Sarana Gunawardane last Thursday pleaded guilty for failing to declare his assets and liabilities from 2005 to 2007.
BY KAMAL MAHENDRE WEERARATNE
The Presidential Commission, probing the controversial Treasury Bond issue, yesterday (7) ordered the Acting Attorney General to file action against Perpetual Treasuries Director, Arjun Aloysius, if there is provision to charge him with influencing the witnesses who appeared before the Commission.
The National Water Supply and Drainage Board said that water supply in Kotte area will be disrupted for twelve hours from 2.00 p.m. on 9th July.
Twenty Police officers have been transferred on the recommendation of the Inspector General of Police and under the approval of the National Police Commission with immediate effect.
Troops attached to the 65 Division of the Security Force Headquarters in Kilinochchi, together with the farming community in the Thunukkai area, recently initiated a project to clean water canals, leading to Thenniyankulam Tank, running through paddy fields in the area.
The Central Bank of Sri Lanka yesterday suspended Perpetual Treasuries Limited (PTL) from carrying on the business and activities of a Primary Dealer for a period of six months with immediate effect.
Following a first round of assessment, Sri Lanka has decided to take a closer look at four international rice suppliers to meet its urgent market need.
Ministry of Health, Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine will sign 33 MoUs with 23 drug manufacturing companies to locally manufacture drugs for the State Pharmaceuticals Corporation of Sri Lanka.
A Bill to further strengthen the legal framework against illegal fishing methods including bottom trawling ...
- Death of Jacintha Peiris
- Renovation work on golden canopy begins
- Poverty down to 4.1% But highest in the North
- MR to preside at SLPP rallies
- Prelates decrying new Constitution Govt to blame says Mano
- New office to assist Uma Oya affected
- Importance of Tourism stressed Dengue threat lgnored
- Indian soldier revisits a brutal battlefield
- Large crowd at Berlin Katina Pooja
- PC polls campaigns Nimal, John lead SLFP team
- ‘Savisthri’ report handed over to Sampanthan
- Nimal warns Railway unions Strict action against strikers
- Attack on Rohingya refugee shelter Police trap monk in Nittambuwa
- Call to extend PCoI term VAC wants to unmask 20 UNPers
- K’Nochchi poorest, at Rs 28,483 Household expenses increase to Rs 62,237 pm Rich spend Rs 158,072 pm per household
- Don’t be misled on new Constitution – President
- PM presents economic policy to Parliament Govt targets private sector involvement
- One Final Offer From the EU to the UK
- Anti-Dumping Bill Gazetted Protection for Local Industries
- Tourism Statistics SLTDA disputes CCC
- Smugglers detained at BIA
- SI injured during hooch raid Falls from third floor balcony
- 1070 traffic fatalities in 2017 121 murders during same period - Police
- Rattota Police OIC suspended
- Technical error in Diversity Visa Programme DV-2019 US Embassy says re-register
- Sri Lanka crumble again, 173 All Out
- De Villiers, Hasan Ali move to top of ODI rankings
- Resurgent Zimbabwe face rising West Indies
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-19 Cricket Hasintha gets ton
- SLCA shows concern for players’ safety
- WI keep SL to 69 to take 1-0 lead
- Trinitians roar to regain Lanka Lions Rugby Sevens title Dilshan Kelaniyangoda named Player of the Tournament
- Hafeez reported for suspect bowling action
- MAS win swimming crown for seventh year
- Kiwis out to tame India's newest spin duo
- This simple investment strategy could protect you if the US stock market cracks
- Google’s parent company leads $1 billion investment in Lyft
- Nissan halts production in Japan
- These airline stocks have doubled while rivals go bust
- China's answer to Groupon and Yelp is now worth $30B
- Goldman Sachs Chief Lloyd Blankfein hints at Frankfurt move
- Amazon: More than 100 cities bid for new headquarters
- End of Australia auto-making sector as Holden closes doors
- May pleads for Brexit deal she can sell at home
- Black Monday 1987: ‘Our jaws hit the desk’
- Concentrated wisdom Learning from others
- lateral thinking Nation’s guardians celebrate 68th Anniversary
- A Time of Gifts Starting to wind down
- The month of ‘Katina Pinkama’
- OVERWHELMING RESPONSE HUMANITY AT ITS BEST
- Fall of Raqqa
- UN urges B’desh to move Rohingya refugees
- Flu shots are the greatest medical fraud in the history of the world
- Sucking it up
- Ahikuntika community of Sri Lanka Diminishing cultural traits
- No Revenge I want to embrace all those who left us – Basil Rajapaksa
- Large Industrial Zone for Thulhiriya
- Even the PM should be in Prison for the frauds
- Would like more Pradeshiya Sabhas for N’Eliya-Radhakrishnan
- Skills mismatch a massive economic cost Education system must be reformed
- UNHRC Resolution 30/1 Implications for Sri Lanka (Part II) (Based on a presentation to the OPA)
- Electoral Reforms are for People’s Benefit
- Managing perception with international community
- The Unwrapped Hope - Translated
- An Aspirant to the Throne of Hearts-Virajini Thennekoon
- The latest addition to the Galle Hospitality industry
- Best Hikes in Sri Lanka
- What went wrong at the Apple Inc. iPhone X demo?
- Salient points of horoscope Assessment
- KARMIC CONNECTIONS IN THE BIRTH CHARTS 2
- Dream of travelling abroad?
- Mystery behind Osama bin Laden explained
- Three poses to relieve trauma
- Socio-economic developments from critical perspective
- KAZUO ISHIGURO – THE NEW NOBEL LAUREATE
- The Fairway Galle Literary Festival 2018 –Internationally acclaimed authors to take part
- Portrayal of country and nature
- Resonant Field Imaging - a Marvel in Technology
- Shankar’s International Children’s Competition 2018
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Making plus-sized clothing trendy
- Pyjamas go viral as well - Sharmila Srikumar
- Giving back to Society
- Double treat at Pinnawala
- Mental illness a health issue Replacing stigma with compassion
- Studying to be ahead