Amidst the prevailing adverse weather condition in the country, the Sri Lanka Navy sprang into action engaging in flood relief operations in affected areas in the Southern, Western and Sabaragamuwa provinces of the island.
Latest News - Local
BY Kavindya Perera
The case relating to the murder of ruggerite, Wasim Thajudeen was postponed to 26 January 2018 by Colombo Additional Magistrate Jeyaram Trotsky when the case was taken up for hearing yesterday (30).
By Niranjala Ariyawansha
The Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) says that it will need at least two more days to restore the electricity supply to all areas hit by power outages owing to the severe weather condition which battered parts of Colombo, its suburbs, the Southern, Central and Uva Provinces since Wednesday night.
The Commander of the Sri Lanka Navy, Vice Admiral Sirimevan Ranasinghe called on the Prime Minister, Hon. Ranil Wickremesinghe at the Temple Trees today (29 November).
President Maithripala Sirisena paid respects to the Korean martyrs who made the supreme sacrifice during three different wars with invading forces.
Five Districts in the North and East have been identified as the most severe poverty-stricken districts in the country.
This was revealed by the Central Bank's Poverty Alleviation Loan scheme Consultant, Sri Pathmanathan, at a seminar, held at Kalmunai, recently, to create awareness on seeking loans and financial management.
President Maithripala Sirisena assured to the Sri Lankan community in South Korea that he would never betray the nation or the country. Addressing the Sri Lankan community in Republic of Korea, he said that he came to power with the pure intention of rectifying the historical errors and to ensure that the people of Sri Lanka would live in peace, harmony and communal coexistence.
By Kavindya Perera
The Supreme Court yesterday (27) put off consideration of the appeal, filed by former MP Duminda Silva and three others, against their death sentences, after having been found guilty of murdering politician Bharatha Lakshman Premachandra and three others, to 29 March 2018.
The week-long Martyrs Day commemoration in the North and East came to an end yesterday (27) with tributes paid to those who died in the separatist war.
President Maithripala Sirisena received a warm welcome when he arrived at the Incheon International Airport in Seoul this morning (November 28) for a 3-day state visit to Republic of Korea on an invitation extended by the Korean President Moon Jae-in.
President Sirisena is scheduled to arrive in Seoul tomorrow (November 28) a 3-day state visit to Republic of Korea on an invitation extended by the Korean President Moon Jae-in.
President Maithripala Sirisena paid last respects to late Mahopadyaya of Sri Lanka Ramagna Nikaya Most Ven. Matale Amarawansha Thero today (Nov. 24) at the Bodhimalaka Pushparama Temple in Thabbowa, Naththandiya.
- Drugs & alcohol abuse in NE Religious reps to address issue
- Pvt hospital regulation Gazette in Feb
- 29 Lankan illegal migrants land at BIA
- NDB makes donation to Yatagara Vidyalaya, Niwithigala
- Path to reconciliation Women play major role - Dr. Udagama
- SL and Norway FOs hold consultations
- Airing SL war documentary HR activist withdraws appeal
- ‘Give the gift of life’ CCS and Katugastota Rotaracters conduct blood donation camp
- Why Pakistan is hyphenating Palestine and Kashmir The rest of the world has long distanced itself from the Islamist struggle in Kashmir – unlike Palestine
- Direct purchase of State vehicles mooted
- Trump-Palestine-Israel-Jerusalem issue SLPPFA to hold public seminar
- SL Navy assists critically ill Iranian sailor
- PEaCE fights child sexual exploitation in tourism Stakeholders discuss responsible business practices
- Cabinet approves PPP for underground Marine Drive extension Connecting Elevated Port Access Road
- Six new Ministry Secys appointed
- LG Elections SLFP hard pressed for suitable candidates – Sudarshini
- Debt ratio 79% of GDP
- Gnanasara thera meets Archbishop
- Renovation of tank in progress
- Jayasena warns errant Wildlife officials Low performance will not be tolerated
- Cost of rupee protection USD 6B depreciation in 5 years
- Lanka in foreign borrowing spree In the backdrop of falling exports
- UNP committed to free and fair polls – Sagala
- Wildlife Minister reveals racket Baby Jumbos sail overseas
- SriLankan TUs have no faith in Mgt Write to MS, Ranil and Cabinet
- SLC looking to re-launch showpiece T20 league
- 3rd Ashes Test Malan’s century lifts England
- Didn’t execute plans well -Samaraweera
- Premier League Inter Club Cricket Six Matches begin today
- CR & FC go out favourites
- CH vs Navy should be a thriller
- 2017 Macau International Kart Grand Prix Sri Lankan Pieris is champion
- Gampaha Peters win twice
- Asian Power-lifting - Masters Category Kandy’s iron man pockets gold
- MCA Inter Academy 30 Over League Rashitha 115 n.o. for Ragama CA
- SEC to mandate dual roles for CEOs & Chairmen
- Alumex to commence EU & Aus exports
- Fiscal Policy Act remains toothless: Governor
- Samantha Rajapaksa gives up all AMW posts
- 'Publish excuses for corporate governance non-compliance'
- Jetwing Symphony IPO oversubscribed
- Shares recover from an 8-month low
- ‘Spot’ In freefall, closes at Rs 153.20/30
- Asian markets lower after Fed hikes interest rates
- SL tech solution BoardPAC enters Australia
- LAW OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE Trials by High Court
- Trinity CA on tour to India
- National Prosperity Development Planning and Budgets
- Paradise Gains
- Crossover Season has begun
- Canada’s pivot to China hits a snag
- Brexit: The UK’s four options
- When the heart calls out, on a starry night
- On eve of climate summit Macron reminds Trump of ‘responsibility to history’
- FGM/FGC Victims speak out
- SLFP supports devolution of power – Lasantha Alagiyawanna
- If Bond scammers are not prosecuted…President will lose his credibility –Bandula Gunawardena
- All information security issues are not cyber crimes
- We want a change in Muslim representation– Hasen Ali
- Railway tracks cheaper than highways
- Blessed are the peacemakers
- Disinformation campaigns and public mistrust
- Alleged human rights violations Lord Naseby defends Sri Lanka
- Millennials and Marriages
- Abu Dhabi to acquire ‘Salvator Mundi’
- MacOs High Sierra security fix
- Are Lemurs Going Extinct?
- An Echo of Womanhood
- Neecha Dosha of planets and how it is cancelled Neechabhanga Rajayoga
- Vastu defects and bathrooms
- Are you endowed with Pancha Maha PurushaYoga?
- God Aiyanayake: Guardian Deity of Jungle and Village
- Good thoughts eliminate bad planetary influence
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Silvia Senanayake Dazzles at Mrs. Asia International
- Let’s Taco Colombo
- THE WRITER’S KITCHENNETTE MULLED WINE
- Hunger gnaws at Rohingya Children in camps
- Defeating IS Russia has ‘accomplished’ task
- Saudi Princess Ameera Aidan fights sex exploitation
- Hacking into the gate
- Review: A Bad Moms Christmas Relatable holiday humour
- A must watch superhero film!