Price of a liter of Kerosene reduced by Rs.5 with effect from midnight. New price is Rs.44 a liter. -Ministry of Finance
Latest News - Local
Deputy Inspector General of Police Priyantha Jayakody has been appointed as the Police Media Spokesperson with effect from today(10).
NFF leader Wimal Weerawansa arrested by the FCID in connection with alleged misuse of state vehicles.
A sudden fire has erupted at a hotel in Kakirawa, last evening (9), Police informed.
A trishaw travelled towards Agunawalpalassa on the Dambulla- Bakamuna road collided head on with a motorcycle last evening (9), Police Media Unite said.
Four persons who had allegedly engaged in an illegal excavation in Mahiyanganaya were arrested yesterday (9).
Man clubbed to death 1697
Kegalle Police have launched an investigation into an incident in which a man has been assaulted to death in Palapoluwa last evening (9), Police said.
The Italian Navy FREMM (European Multi-Mission Frigate) Carabiniere is scheduled to arrive in Colombo for a four-day visit from 11 to 14 January.
A woman drowned while bathing in the Welani Sangaththani tank in Kytes yesterday (9), Police Media Unit said to Ceylon Today online.
National Policy on Dengue Prevention was handed over to the Minister of Health, Nutrition, and Indigenous Medicine Rajitha Senarathne by Dr. Hasitha Thisera, the national Coordinator of the Dengue Prevention Program.
The government has identified the timely necessity of establishing media standards and entitlements for a high standard in media culture.
Former Deputy Minister Sarath Kumara Gunaratne further remanded till 13 January.
A sudden fire had occurred at the Guardmorewaththa forest in Maskeliya, yesterday evening(8),Police said.
The government has decided to reduce tax on imported rice with effect from Friday midnight to bring relief to the people who are affected by the current soaring rice prices due to the drought.
A person has fallen from a private bus in Poojapitiya last evening (7).
A sudden fire had occurred near the Alubogahena forest in Gannoruwa, yesterday evening (7), Police said.
The rider had died in an accident, in which the motorcycle had veered of the road, and crashed on the Chilaw – Kurunegala Road yesterday (7).
A tense situation has arisen at the ceremony that was held to lay the foundation for the Ruhunu Development Zone in Hambantota short while ago.
Examination results of 2016 G.C.E. A/L were released earlier this morning.
The Ruhunu Development Zone will be opened on 7th January, said Minister of Development Strategies and International Trade Malik Samarawickreme at a press conference held yesterday.
Taboo to SLFPers 1688
- More job opportunities for local seafarers 291
- Tamil Diaspora lobbies against GSP plus 294
- Foreign exits pass Rs 75B mark 291
- Peace Airways to fly six A 380s from Mattala 298
- Poor quality fuel re-enters market 291
- Wiggy returns from Canada with ‘cough’ 4588
- Control the price of rice 3756
- 15 families move into DS office 3759
- SLFP moots LG polls under ‘FPP’ 3764
- Conman takes parents on Rs 3 M ride 4004
- Hakeem wants Govt rethink 3777
- Delimitation report gazetted soon 3749
- Six injured in home-and-home feud 3764
- Fine increased to Rs 200,000 3789
- Tamil ‘State Language’ in Tamil Majority Areas 3775
- Imported Rice Not above Rs 76 a kilo 3746
- President appeals: ‘Avert energy crisis’ 3742
- ‘I’ll turn the tables in a jiffy’ 3771
- JVP ups Anti-Govt Initiatives 3746
- Taboo to SLFPers 3763
- SLPP will shun UPFA nominations 3759
- Lagarde lauds SL’s economic efforts 3744
- Thousands protest in USA 3748
- Two exclusive HCs to hear cases? 3967
- Dengue strikes UK envoy 4581
- A Commonwealth Quartet 3629
- CTF recommendations and hybrid court 3612
- Singing in Paradise 3613
- Galle and its annual literary festival 3590
- SRI LANKANS AND THE ROYAL ACCOLADES 3590
- DONALD TRUMP…CHUMP, MORON, PARADOX 3077
- Molligoda in final 33
- CCC take first innings points 35
- Nipun scores second ton 35
- SL rout Zim by 7 wickets 37
- SL returns to Wanderers to save the series 35
- Kandy seal win with first-half blitz 35
- The vision a nightmare; the revenue a myth! 97
- A Rishad canard! 94
- Flying high in ‘Velvet city’ 96
- Govt has no business in our bedrooms 94
- Woman returns home after 26 years of captivity 92
- Drought plays havoc 93
- Coal industry mafia sacked me 117
- I have a responsibility to correct this Govt 117
- A NEW CONSTITUTION A MUST 3337
- WIDER PARTICIPATION MANDATORY FOR PEOPLE-FRIENDLY CONSTITUTION 3941
- Political furnace heating up once more 3233
- No need for a new Constitution 3923
- People are sick of the same old faces 2976
- Sarath Silva Slams Tinkering in Law/Constitution 4291
- No property in Wimal’s name – Shashi Weerawansa 6263
- Government rushing into self-destruction 2938
- China’s economy grows 6.7% in 2016 77
- Back-up plan to seek partner for SriLankan 76
- China posts weakest growth in 26 years 77
- Political ramifications complicate fiscal consolidation 78
- CBSL retires Rs 34.1B T-Bills 79
- FTA with NZ in the offing 77
- Way for True Conciliation! 3864
- Mathews is confident of bouncing back 2669
- Djokovic still the biggest rival, says Murray 3264
- Odissi dance recital Taal Taranga 176
- Candid and Undeterred remarks on Luke Wright 177
- Enchanting scrutiny into historical novels 179
- Davena Vihagun (aka Burning Birds) for The Ingamar Bergman Film Award 176
- Rev. Fr. Harold Panditharatne – Teacher Par Excellance 177
- Postnational cinema? 177
- Authentic poetry rewarded 45
- Kala Pola 2017 44
- A mighty platform for the creative writer 46
- The start of a new year 46
- Special Chinese New Year food festival 46
- Escape to Sigiriya 45