Scientists recently discovered what they are calling a new human organ that exists in the digestive system.
Latest News - Sci / Tech
Amazon and Whirlpool are hoping homeowners will pay for the luxury of not having to run down the stairs to pause a load of laundry or sprint to the kitchen to check on dinner.
Amazon is known for offering discounts on everything from TVs to speakers and home appliances during its Black Friday promotions in November and Prime Day sales in July. Now, it's planning to offer bargains on various types of digital content including TV shows, apps, games, movies, music, and more as part of its Amazon Digital Day on Dec. 30.
at an Alarming Rate 3086
Just 7,100 cheetahs remain across the globe as the species continues to face a range of threats largely caused by humans, according to new research.
Pokémon Go players with an Apple Watch will now be able to scout for nearby creatures and grab items from Pokéstops without reaching for their phone.
Temperatures at the North Pole could be up to 20 degrees higher than average this Christmas Eve, in what scientists say is a record-breaking heatwave.
Some dinosaurs lost their teeth as they grew up, according to fossil evidence.
When you're heading to a meeting or just need to focus on work, the iPhone's Do Not Disturb feature can be helpful for silencing unnecessary alerts and calls. But there are some people you may want to hear from no matter what situation you're in, like a spouse or a son or daughter.
The EyeQue personal vision tracker allows you to test your vision at home using just the EyeQue miniscope and a smartphone.
Between the thousands of photos you've snapped over the years and your massive music library, you're bound to reach your phone's storage capacity sooner or later. Some Android devices offer flexible options that allow you to manage your content and clear space fairly easily.
When your iPhone's battery is depleted, it can't charge fast enough. Being stuck without your phone often means being stranded without social contact, your map, your music library and your video game collection among other things.
The wait is over, Mario fans: Nintendo is about to officially release Super Mario Run.
People in Sri Lanka and other South Asian countries can now go berserk over catching Pokémon characters in their neighbourhoods.
On Dec. 14, 1911, humans reached the South Pole for the first time, and on Wednesday Google commemorated the 105th anniversary of that milestone with a new Doodle.
If the prominence of selfie sticks has taught us anything, it's that selfies are here to stay. Some smartphones, including the iPhone, store all of these self portraits in one place so that they're easier to find.
The world's largest cold energy storage plant is being commissioned at a site near Manchester.
Japan has launched a cargo ship which will use a half mile- (700m)-long tether to remove some of the vast amount of debris from Earth's orbit.
These smart cycling glasses, called Raptors, are the only ones that do not obstruct your view as you ride.
Sony's PlayStation 4 video games console continues to rack up strong sales numbers: The company says the system, available in 122 countries, just passed the 50 million units sold through worldwide mark.
Capcom's final Resident Evil 7 demo arrived for the PlayStation 4, PS4 Pro and PlayStation VR on December 3 during the weekend PlayStation Experience, Sony's annual feting of its PlayStation platform.
World Water Day 1637
- Cabinet approves President’s proposal 3314
- UNICEF appeals for US$1m funding for SL drought 3305
- Three nabbed brewing moonshine 3300
- Two nabbed with narcotics 3300
- Madras HC issues directive 3305
- ‘Bunty’ captured in Sellakataragama 3309
- JVP condemns Govt attempts to protect criminals 3307
- UK bans laptops and tablets on flights from six ME countries 3301
- Tax on Palmyrah industry hits Northerners hard 3305
- Highest number of TB patients in Kalmunai 3300
- Contradictory messages on transitional justice 3319
- Can China save the global order? 3302
- Russia in Libya 3300
- Cabinet approves Ravi’s proposal 3309
- Buddhika sets Parliament record for petitions 3306
- Police to guard girls’ schools 3299
- ‘Find a good lawyer’ 3297
- President receives warm welcome in Moscow 3297
- Wimal to stay hungry 3298
- Army Chief of Staff 3296
- Take legal action against Sri Lanka 3301
- Greek Bond purchases revealed 3296
- Court orders Army Chief to provide names 3298
- Amunugama to oversee Cabinet Subcommittee 3296
- Arjun’s cohorts attack Journalists 3297
- Nostalgia for Analog 2674
- An oasis in urban Madiwela 3215
- Western encouragement of terrorism 3754
- ‘ProNats’ class adores Gotabaya 3794
- Mangala & MR cross swords over latter’s statement 3803
- Dilemma of protecting freedom of expression 3514
- AA to send 12 Athletes for Asian Grand Prix 2806
- Junior Golf Championship from 18-21 April 2311
- Training Command win men’s/women’s titles 2311
- Milestone event on 26 March 2312
- Nestlè powers Kids Athletics 2311
- Ex-Wallaby details childhood sex abuse 2313
- Jaffna Prepares for Chronic Kidney Disease 3303
- A Blueprint for Disintegration 3303
- Refugee returnee safety still in doubt? 3301
- Tamils lived in N/E before Buddhistic era – Wigneswaran 3314
- Going Up Sir Arthur’s way 3507
- Island nation in Indian Ocean A big draw for US, China 3507
- We await President’s response – Gemunu 3107
- LTTE atrocities also have to be investigated 3696
- Exporters to EU must be educated on Brexit – GM ECCSL Srinath 3251
- Speaker refused our request 3267
- Dinesh only UPFA’s Deputy Leader 3263
- Voters must exercise caution when electing MPs – Harshana Rajakaruna 2560
- Forced family planning is happening countywide – Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara Thera 3865
- ITAK’s arbitrary actions cause conflict in TNA – Sivasakthy Ananthan 3539
- NCSL for Sustainable Development 5199
- Major endorsement of govt’s reconciliation efforts 4697
- Manjula Amarasinghe new CEO of AM Kreations 2313
- Ceylinco Life honours 24/7 trailblazers of 2016 2311
- BOC Cards offer special discounts for Avurudu Shopping 2312
- BMICH remembers founder on Women’s Day 2310
- LAUGFS Eco Sri launches ‘YOU’ for Women’s Day 2311
- CEAT introduces 7 new tyre sizes Increases radial portfolio to 40 sizes 2312
- The crisis in Parliament: Twilight of a functioning democracy 3456
- Mispriced Risk of Infectious Diseases 2400
- Limelight on Sri Lanka again 2397
- Former JVP terror districts continue in poverty 3602
- Valencia stun Real Madrid 2896
- GSP+ To sustain economy or to Mutate society? 3217
- Musicalized Version of Nostalgia 5216
- The Many Faces of Galle 6079
- Footpaths Towards Deconstruction - Part 13 5236
- Fiesta for Theatre lovers 5691
- Viramaya 2017 – Phenomenal success 5223
- Sri Lankan movie at Geneva film festival 5268
- To be or not to be 1290
- Kids get cooking 1288
- Mindfulness for successful living 1299
- The age of nastiness 1289
- 20 years of singing celebrated 1284
- How do we prevent rape and abuse? 1285