A factory, which manufactures gloves, is to be opened parallel to President Maithripala Sirisena's second year celebration in the office. It will be declared open today at the Free Trade Zone in Koggala by Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe.
Latest News - Local
A woman was run over by a trishaw when she attempted to cross the road in Narammala Police Division last evening (5), Police said.
A youth who travelled on the footboard of a private bus plying on Tangalle-Dikwella Road succumbed to his injuries after falling off the steps in Dikwella Police Division yesterday (5), Police said.
A motorcycle has collided with a van when it attempted to take a turn towards a by-road on Tissamaharama-Hambantota road in Hambantota Police Division yesterday (5), Police informed.
New Director at FCID 1720
The National Police Commission appointed SSP P.K.D. Priyantha as the new Director of the FCID yesterday.
The strike action launched by the Lottery Sales Agents' Union has decided to call off after the discussion held with Maithripala Sirisena today (05).
An accident occurred when a tipper collided with a bus on the Dambulla- Hettipola road yesterday (04), Police Media Unit said.
Former MP Duminda Silva who is the death sentence of former case the murder of Bharatha Lakshman prēāmacandra president of the trade union adviser (5) received as an ambulance and brought to Colombo vehicle roadways and majistrate court.
A person was fatally injured when the trishaw he was driving collided with a lorry on the Colombo- Galle main road yesterday (04), Police Media Unit said.
A suspected underworld gang member Kumara alias "Raththaran" has been killed in a shooting in Kelanimulla earlier today.
Two foreigners have drowned in the sea area in Induruwa yesterday (04), Police Media Unit told Ceylon Today online.
A trishaw collied into a pedestrian who was crossing the Wattala – Kiribathgoda road yesterday evening(04),as said by the Police.
Seventeen tourists have sustained injuries when the bus they travelled fell off a cliff in Pussallawa last evening (04), Police Media Unit said.
Apartments Complex consists of three new courts opened.
For the first time in the history of the Sri Lankan Prisons Department a death row inmate has obtained an Arts Degree from the University of Sri Jayawardenapura.
National Organizer of the All Ceylon Peasants' Federation (ACPF) Namal Karunarathna yesterday alleged that the imported rice that is being sold in the open market is unsuitable for human consumption.
Many parts of the island dry and cold (during the morning and night), the Meteorlogy Department announced that the expected weather.
Minister of Foreign Employment Thalatha Atukorale said that a pension scheme will be implemented in the course of this year for Lankan emigrant workers.
The National Economic Development Plan, for a Sustainable Era, will be launched today (4) at 2:30 p.m. at Temple Trees.
In a display of brotherly relationship between Pakistan and Sri Lanka, Pakistan Maritime Security Ships (PMSS) HINGOL & BASOL will be arriving at Colombo Port for a 4-day port call from 05-08 January 2017.
Taboo to SLFPers 1688
- More job opportunities for local seafarers 291
- Tamil Diaspora lobbies against GSP plus 294
- Foreign exits pass Rs 75B mark 291
- Peace Airways to fly six A 380s from Mattala 298
- Poor quality fuel re-enters market 291
- Wiggy returns from Canada with ‘cough’ 4588
- Control the price of rice 3756
- 15 families move into DS office 3759
- SLFP moots LG polls under ‘FPP’ 3764
- Conman takes parents on Rs 3 M ride 4004
- Hakeem wants Govt rethink 3777
- Delimitation report gazetted soon 3749
- Six injured in home-and-home feud 3764
- Fine increased to Rs 200,000 3789
- Tamil ‘State Language’ in Tamil Majority Areas 3775
- Imported Rice Not above Rs 76 a kilo 3746
- President appeals: ‘Avert energy crisis’ 3742
- ‘I’ll turn the tables in a jiffy’ 3771
- JVP ups Anti-Govt Initiatives 3746
- Taboo to SLFPers 3763
- SLPP will shun UPFA nominations 3759
- Lagarde lauds SL’s economic efforts 3744
- Thousands protest in USA 3748
- Two exclusive HCs to hear cases? 3967
- Dengue strikes UK envoy 4581
- A Commonwealth Quartet 3629
- CTF recommendations and hybrid court 3612
- Singing in Paradise 3613
- Galle and its annual literary festival 3590
- SRI LANKANS AND THE ROYAL ACCOLADES 3590
- DONALD TRUMP…CHUMP, MORON, PARADOX 3077
- Molligoda in final 33
- CCC take first innings points 35
- Nipun scores second ton 35
- SL rout Zim by 7 wickets 37
- SL returns to Wanderers to save the series 35
- Kandy seal win with first-half blitz 35
- The vision a nightmare; the revenue a myth! 97
- A Rishad canard! 94
- Flying high in ‘Velvet city’ 96
- Govt has no business in our bedrooms 94
- Woman returns home after 26 years of captivity 92
- Drought plays havoc 93
- Coal industry mafia sacked me 117
- I have a responsibility to correct this Govt 117
- A NEW CONSTITUTION A MUST 3337
- WIDER PARTICIPATION MANDATORY FOR PEOPLE-FRIENDLY CONSTITUTION 3941
- Political furnace heating up once more 3233
- No need for a new Constitution 3923
- People are sick of the same old faces 2976
- Sarath Silva Slams Tinkering in Law/Constitution 4291
- No property in Wimal’s name – Shashi Weerawansa 6263
- Government rushing into self-destruction 2938
- China’s economy grows 6.7% in 2016 77
- Back-up plan to seek partner for SriLankan 76
- China posts weakest growth in 26 years 77
- Political ramifications complicate fiscal consolidation 78
- CBSL retires Rs 34.1B T-Bills 79
- FTA with NZ in the offing 77
- Way for True Conciliation! 3864
- Mathews is confident of bouncing back 2669
- Djokovic still the biggest rival, says Murray 3264
- Odissi dance recital Taal Taranga 176
- Candid and Undeterred remarks on Luke Wright 177
- Enchanting scrutiny into historical novels 179
- Davena Vihagun (aka Burning Birds) for The Ingamar Bergman Film Award 176
- Rev. Fr. Harold Panditharatne – Teacher Par Excellance 177
- Postnational cinema? 177
- Authentic poetry rewarded 45
- Kala Pola 2017 44
- A mighty platform for the creative writer 46
- The start of a new year 46
- Special Chinese New Year food festival 46
- Escape to Sigiriya 45