A group of foreign students from Raffles Institute of Singapore, now in Sri Lanka on tour made a trip down to the demining sites in Kokkuthuduvai North on Tuesday (21) after a request to that effect was made to the Commander of the Army by those students.
Latest News - Local
By Kavindya Perera
The lawyers of former Minister Mervyn Silva's son Malaka, who has been slapped with a bail condition preventing him from entering nightclubs following
National Water Supply and Drainage Board (NWSDB) announced that owing to essential repairs to be done at the Ambatale Water Treatment Plant, a water cut would be in operation from 25-26 November.
Story and Pix BY Thambithurai Pratheepan
Nurses, pharmacists and medical lab technicians, except those in emergency units, in the Northern Province launched a one-day strike yesterday (22), Jaffna Teaching Hospital Director T. Sathiyamoorthy said.
On the invitation of President of South Korea Moon Jae-in, President Maithripala Sirisena will undertake a State visit to the Republic of Korea from 28 to 30 November, in conjunction with the 40th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
The fundamental rights petition filed by businessman Shanil Nettikumara seeking a Court order preventing his arrest, is to be taken up for consideration by the Supreme Court on 28 November.
In view of the 67th anniversary of the Sri Lanka Navy which falls on 09th December 2017, a colourful ceremony to invoke blessings on naval flags was held at Jaya Sri Maha Bodhi in Anuradhapura yesterday(20) under the auspices of the Commander of the Navy, Vice Admiral Sirimevan Ranasinghe. The President of Navy Seva Vanitha Unit, Mrs. Sandya Ranasinghe was also present at this religious event.
Investors from seven countries will be in Colombo this month for the first Sri Lanka Economic and Investment Conclave.
It is high time to revisit the policy and the strategies taken to address the alcohol menace and look at the matter from a different perspective, the National Authority on Tobacco and Alcohol (NATA) stated in a press release and added that there is a trend in the society to persuade the community to foster an alcoholic culture.
The General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level Examination will commence on 12 December and conclude on 21 December, the Department of Examinations said.
A 45-year-old man was found shot dead at Punchi Borella yesterday morning, Police said.
Naval personnel onboard the Fast Attack Craft P 437 and CG 401 belonging to the Northern Naval Command and Sri Lanka Coast Guard respectively had found 153.1 kg of Kerala cannabis floating in the seas north of Point Pedro yesterday(19).
- Drugs & alcohol abuse in NE Religious reps to address issue
- Pvt hospital regulation Gazette in Feb
- 29 Lankan illegal migrants land at BIA
- NDB makes donation to Yatagara Vidyalaya, Niwithigala
- Path to reconciliation Women play major role - Dr. Udagama
- SL and Norway FOs hold consultations
- Airing SL war documentary HR activist withdraws appeal
- ‘Give the gift of life’ CCS and Katugastota Rotaracters conduct blood donation camp
- Why Pakistan is hyphenating Palestine and Kashmir The rest of the world has long distanced itself from the Islamist struggle in Kashmir – unlike Palestine
- Direct purchase of State vehicles mooted
- Trump-Palestine-Israel-Jerusalem issue SLPPFA to hold public seminar
- SL Navy assists critically ill Iranian sailor
- PEaCE fights child sexual exploitation in tourism Stakeholders discuss responsible business practices
- Cabinet approves PPP for underground Marine Drive extension Connecting Elevated Port Access Road
- Six new Ministry Secys appointed
- LG Elections SLFP hard pressed for suitable candidates – Sudarshini
- Debt ratio 79% of GDP
- Gnanasara thera meets Archbishop
- Renovation of tank in progress
- Jayasena warns errant Wildlife officials Low performance will not be tolerated
- Cost of rupee protection USD 6B depreciation in 5 years
- Lanka in foreign borrowing spree In the backdrop of falling exports
- UNP committed to free and fair polls – Sagala
- Wildlife Minister reveals racket Baby Jumbos sail overseas
- SriLankan TUs have no faith in Mgt Write to MS, Ranil and Cabinet
- SLC looking to re-launch showpiece T20 league
- 3rd Ashes Test Malan’s century lifts England
- Didn’t execute plans well -Samaraweera
- Premier League Inter Club Cricket Six Matches begin today
- CR & FC go out favourites
- CH vs Navy should be a thriller
- 2017 Macau International Kart Grand Prix Sri Lankan Pieris is champion
- Gampaha Peters win twice
- Asian Power-lifting - Masters Category Kandy’s iron man pockets gold
- MCA Inter Academy 30 Over League Rashitha 115 n.o. for Ragama CA
- SEC to mandate dual roles for CEOs & Chairmen
- Alumex to commence EU & Aus exports
- Fiscal Policy Act remains toothless: Governor
- Samantha Rajapaksa gives up all AMW posts
- 'Publish excuses for corporate governance non-compliance'
- Jetwing Symphony IPO oversubscribed
- Shares recover from an 8-month low
- ‘Spot’ In freefall, closes at Rs 153.20/30
- Asian markets lower after Fed hikes interest rates
- SL tech solution BoardPAC enters Australia
- LAW OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE Trials by High Court
- Trinity CA on tour to India
- National Prosperity Development Planning and Budgets
- Paradise Gains
- Crossover Season has begun
- Canada’s pivot to China hits a snag
- Brexit: The UK’s four options
- When the heart calls out, on a starry night
- On eve of climate summit Macron reminds Trump of ‘responsibility to history’
- FGM/FGC Victims speak out
- SLFP supports devolution of power – Lasantha Alagiyawanna
- If Bond scammers are not prosecuted…President will lose his credibility –Bandula Gunawardena
- All information security issues are not cyber crimes
- We want a change in Muslim representation– Hasen Ali
- Railway tracks cheaper than highways
- Blessed are the peacemakers
- Disinformation campaigns and public mistrust
- Alleged human rights violations Lord Naseby defends Sri Lanka
- Millennials and Marriages
- Abu Dhabi to acquire ‘Salvator Mundi’
- MacOs High Sierra security fix
- Are Lemurs Going Extinct?
- An Echo of Womanhood
- Neecha Dosha of planets and how it is cancelled Neechabhanga Rajayoga
- Vastu defects and bathrooms
- Are you endowed with Pancha Maha PurushaYoga?
- God Aiyanayake: Guardian Deity of Jungle and Village
- Good thoughts eliminate bad planetary influence
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Silvia Senanayake Dazzles at Mrs. Asia International
- Let’s Taco Colombo
- THE WRITER’S KITCHENNETTE MULLED WINE
- Hunger gnaws at Rohingya Children in camps
- Defeating IS Russia has ‘accomplished’ task
- Saudi Princess Ameera Aidan fights sex exploitation
- Hacking into the gate
- Review: A Bad Moms Christmas Relatable holiday humour
- A must watch superhero film!