A woman was run over by a trishaw when she attempted to cross the road in Narammala Police Division last evening (5), Police said.
Latest News - Local
A youth who travelled on the footboard of a private bus plying on Tangalle-Dikwella Road succumbed to his injuries after falling off the steps in Dikwella Police Division yesterday (5), Police said.
A motorcycle has collided with a van when it attempted to take a turn towards a by-road on Tissamaharama-Hambantota road in Hambantota Police Division yesterday (5), Police informed.
New Director at FCID 1722
The National Police Commission appointed SSP P.K.D. Priyantha as the new Director of the FCID yesterday.
The strike action launched by the Lottery Sales Agents' Union has decided to call off after the discussion held with Maithripala Sirisena today (05).
An accident occurred when a tipper collided with a bus on the Dambulla- Hettipola road yesterday (04), Police Media Unit said.
Former MP Duminda Silva who is the death sentence of former case the murder of Bharatha Lakshman prēāmacandra president of the trade union adviser (5) received as an ambulance and brought to Colombo vehicle roadways and majistrate court.
A person was fatally injured when the trishaw he was driving collided with a lorry on the Colombo- Galle main road yesterday (04), Police Media Unit said.
A suspected underworld gang member Kumara alias "Raththaran" has been killed in a shooting in Kelanimulla earlier today.
Two foreigners have drowned in the sea area in Induruwa yesterday (04), Police Media Unit told Ceylon Today online.
A trishaw collied into a pedestrian who was crossing the Wattala – Kiribathgoda road yesterday evening(04),as said by the Police.
Seventeen tourists have sustained injuries when the bus they travelled fell off a cliff in Pussallawa last evening (04), Police Media Unit said.
Apartments Complex consists of three new courts opened.
For the first time in the history of the Sri Lankan Prisons Department a death row inmate has obtained an Arts Degree from the University of Sri Jayawardenapura.
National Organizer of the All Ceylon Peasants' Federation (ACPF) Namal Karunarathna yesterday alleged that the imported rice that is being sold in the open market is unsuitable for human consumption.
Many parts of the island dry and cold (during the morning and night), the Meteorlogy Department announced that the expected weather.
Minister of Foreign Employment Thalatha Atukorale said that a pension scheme will be implemented in the course of this year for Lankan emigrant workers.
The National Economic Development Plan, for a Sustainable Era, will be launched today (4) at 2:30 p.m. at Temple Trees.
In a display of brotherly relationship between Pakistan and Sri Lanka, Pakistan Maritime Security Ships (PMSS) HINGOL & BASOL will be arriving at Colombo Port for a 4-day port call from 05-08 January 2017.
The Ministry of Power and Energy predicted yesterday a possible 20 per cent drop in energy generated over the next few months because of the persisting drought especially in catchment areas in the country.
- Desk thumping greets Jayaratne crossover 3696
- Vasu challenges Rajitha 3693
- Sensational dig in Wilpattu 3696
- Indian HC presents credentials 3691
- Don’t attend Nugegoda rally 3695
- Coach assaults 14-year-old 3690
- Govt seeks Rs 26.9 M for ECT 3693
- JVP urges Parliament probe 3690
- 50% Lankan docs employed abroad 3692
- Pillaiyan ordered killing – AG 3693
- Won’t rest until ‘Govt sent home’ – Wimal 3693
- UFO sightings unlikely – expert 3693
- Brexit requires Parliament Nod – UK Supreme Court 3690
- Govt to Seize Perpetual Treasuries’ Funds 3700
- Soldiers turn tables on CR 3694
- Why The Black Sea? 3694
- Student turns out trishaw ambulance 3695
- Budu Medura opened at SEUSL 3692
- Lankans amongst top Swiss asylum requests in 2016 3693
- CLARIFICATION 3687
- Thalatha Chair of ADD for next two years 3686
- Charged with rape of a schoolgirl 3686
- USS Hopper visit signals growing bilateral cooperation 3686
- Reconciliation in the School Curriculum 3686
- Hambantota drought 3747
- Canine and feline companions 3019
- Nixon’s Heir 3018
- Radical paradigm shift in Trump foreign policy 3026
- Shielding reconciliation from the nationalist 3079
- THIRTY YEARS AFTER DECLARATION OF IYSH 3061
- DOES SIRISENA HAVE A TRUMP CARD? 3159
- Sumo National Championship today 2814
- Sri Lanka U-19’s 303/6 2816
- De Villiers back as captain 2817
- Helitha Vithanage scores second ton 2816
- Lasith Fernando scores century 2814
- UPUL THARANGA TO CAPTAIN ODI team 2817
- Spirit Answers Door Bell 3492
- Did Govt get it wrong? 3477
- MI played a major role 2786
- The vision a nightmare; the revenue a myth! 3133
- A Rishad canard! 3093
- Flying high in ‘Velvet city’ 3091
- Bogus claims of foreign investments! 3433
- Docs threaten TU action if... 3440
- Coal industry mafia sacked me 3666
- I have a responsibility to correct this Govt 3673
- A NEW CONSTITUTION A MUST 3424
- WIDER PARTICIPATION MANDATORY FOR PEOPLE-FRIENDLY CONSTITUTION 3965
- Political furnace heating up once more 3262
- No need for a new Constitution 3941
- People are sick of the same old faces 3003
- Sarath Silva Slams Tinkering in Law/Constitution 4311
- BT European chief to resign over Italian scandal 3038
- Boosting FDI a must for wealth creation 3037
- Education Sector has created a surplus of engineers 3039
- Aus and NZ moot ‘TPP 12 minus one’ 3038
- Money printing 6 times greater than liquidity 3038
- Acclaimed scientist urges SL to retire coal plants 3039
- Way for True Conciliation! 3918
- Mathews is confident of bouncing back 2698
- Djokovic still the biggest rival, says Murray 3289
- Odissi dance recital Taal Taranga 4592
- Candid and Undeterred remarks on Luke Wright 4660
- Enchanting scrutiny into historical novels 4612
- Davena Vihagun (aka Burning Birds) for The Ingamar Bergman Film Award 4627
- Rev. Fr. Harold Panditharatne – Teacher Par Excellance 4608
- Postnational cinema? 4756
- Authentic poetry rewarded 2582
- Kala Pola 2017 2567
- A mighty platform for the creative writer 2568
- The start of a new year 2571
- Special Chinese New Year food festival 2571
- Escape to Sigiriya 2575