Gas companies decided to increase the price of a 12.5 cylinder of gas by Rs 110 from midnight yesterday, as world market prices had increased, representatives of Litro and Laugfs Gas Companies told Ceylon Today.
Latest News - Local
Results of the Grade Five Scholarship Examination are expected to be released on 5 October according to the Examinations Department website.
Vehicles leaving Colombo were restricted to one lane along the Olcott Mawatha at Technical Junction in Maradana this afternoon because of a tree falling across the road.
Former Senior DIG Lalith Jayasinghe who was arrested by the Police Special Investigations Unit (SIU) today (25) was produced before the Pelmadulla Magistrate's Court.
Senior DIG C.D. Wickremaratne has been appointed as the Acting IGP from today (25th Sept.).
The Police headquarters said that they launched a special program yesterday (23) in the Colombo to identify drivers who violate road rules and take legal action.
The debate on the Amendments to the Municipal, Urban Council and Pradeshiya Sabha Ordinances would be taken on 26 September, Parliament sources revealed yesterday.
The Minister of Science, Technology and Research, Hon. Susil Premajayantha and the United Nations Development Programme Country Director, Jorn Soresensen, signed the joint project document to...
The Ministry of Education (MoE) is set to introduce a range of new subjects to the AL syllabus to help prepare students for professions once they leave school.
A special section of the National Zoological Gardens in Dehiwala will be opened to the public from 22 September, Minister of Sustainable Development and Wildlife, Gamini Jayawickrama Perera said.
The Government Medical Officers' Association (GMOA) will launch a 24-hour strike today, along with several other trade unions in the health and education sectors.
Former Secretary to the President Lalith Weeratunge and former Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (TRC) Director General Anusha Palpita were granted bail today by the Colombo High Court.
- International Conventions and Debasement of Legislative Process Part II
- Developing education sector Will take tough decisions – Akila Viraj
- Guangzhou looking for investment opportunities – Tu Hongze
- Three women go missing in Orugodawatte
- Awareness on violence against women Mahela and Kumar address students
- Foreign Secretary’s visit to Sri Lanka Pakistan commits to stronger ties
- Sashi to take Ranjan to Court
- allegedly defrauded more than Rs 100mn Employment fraudster remanded
- Save our whales Regulate whale watching boats
- Foreign Fishing Vessels Act presented to Cabinet
- Jaffna Uni students on hunger strike
- PCoI concludes Treasury Bonds probe Steve Samuels becomes emotional during questioning
- SL’s debt repayment to double to US$ 4.2B in 2019
- Welikada prison riot AG’s dept instructed to conclude probe Comprehensive report called for by 6 December
- Anika flees amidst threats SG Kodagoda seeks protective custody for family
- Govt seeks Rs 25 B thro’ supplementary estimate To meet shortfall of expenses and provisions
- Treasury Bonds scandal:PCoI sends questions to PM
- Managing the US-Thailand Alliance in the Trump Era
- Don’t play games with youth
- Call to provide DF vehicles for migrant workers
- SAITM Controversy:BASL will inform GMOA on stance Dr. Aluthge
- Implementation of Research Programme SL and India sign 2nd PoC
- Pakistan’s Foreign Secretary to visit SL
- NBRO warns of floods if rains continue
- Veteran TULF politician Soosaithasan’s funeral today
- SL out to save series Batsmen aren’t fulfilling their responsibilities - Managers and Coach Kapugedera likely to play today
- Gunathilaka’s ban revised - SLC Ex-Co
- Sadeera to be included in ODI team
- 130 SRI LANKA AMATEUR GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP 2017 at NUWARA ELIYA Chalitha Pushpika topples indian top seed Sri Lanka 3 out of 4 in SEMI-FINAL
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-19 Schools Cricket Kamindu Mendis scores third ton
- Royal regain E.F.C. Pereira Challenge Trophy
- DSI Supersport Schools Volleyball Championship 2017 Finals just around the corner
- All Blacks coach backs Sonny Bill Williams
- Inter-School eSports Championship 2017 Gateway College crowned Champions
- West Indies women complete whitewash
- PM postpones ForEx Act implementation
- Nahil transfers East West shares to Wijesuriya children
- National Trade Information Portal to come next July
- Budget 2018 should continue fiscal consolidation IMF
- Trade deficit widens to US$ 6.2B Exports hit US$ 1B mark for the second month
- CBSL unable to control GoSL’s T-Bill borrowing costs WAYs Rise For 3rd Time
- Shares hit new one-week low
- Reversing Brexit would boost economy, says OECD
- Stocks in Asia climb dollar edges up; copper holds onto gains
- Leo Burnett wins Agency of the Year at Effie Awards
- A frightening future for Sri Lankans
- Government lethargy in protecting our forces
- Where is Sri Lanka heading?
- Securing Sri Lanka’s maritime boundaries:Russian Gepard 5.1 Class Frigates
- Sri Lanka and International Conventions - Part 1 Debasement of our legislative process
- Flu shots are the greatest medical fraud in the history of the world
- Sucking it up
- Ahikuntika community of Sri Lanka Diminishing cultural traits
- Beware of drones!
- Anti-SAITM protests a political gimmick?
- Even the PM should be in Prison for the frauds
- Would like more Pradeshiya Sabhas for N’Eliya-Radhakrishnan
- Skills mismatch a massive economic cost Education system must be reformed
- Federalism is the antithesis of separatism Wiggy
- Kiriella has no right to ask me not to speak-Handunnetti
- UNHRC Resolution 30/1 Implications for Sri Lanka (Part II) (Based on a presentation to the OPA)
- Electoral Reforms are for People’s Benefit
- Managing perception with international community
- An Aspirant to the Throne of Hearts-Virajini Thennekoon
- The latest addition to the Galle Hospitality industry
- Best Hikes in Sri Lanka
- What went wrong at the Apple Inc. iPhone X demo?
- NASA's spacecraft makes death plunge into Saturn
- Salient points of horoscope Assessment
- KARMIC CONNECTIONS IN THE BIRTH CHARTS 2
- Dream of travelling abroad?
- Mystery behind Osama bin Laden explained
- Three poses to relieve trauma
- Socio-economic developments from critical perspective
- KAZUO ISHIGURO – THE NEW NOBEL LAUREATE
- The Fairway Galle Literary Festival 2018 –Internationally acclaimed authors to take part
- Portrayal of country and nature
- Resonant Field Imaging - a Marvel in Technology
- Shankar’s International Children’s Competition 2018
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Making plus-sized clothing trendy
- Pyjamas go viral as well - Sharmila Srikumar
- Giving back to Society
- Double treat at Pinnawala
- Mental illness a health issue Replacing stigma with compassion
- Studying to be ahead