Mastercard redefines affluence for Asia Pacific
Mastercard has refreshed its Affluent platform in the Asia Pacific, with an elevated suite of premium dining and travel rewards and services. Available exclusively for Platinum, World and World Elite Mastercard consumer credit cardholders in the region, Mastercard now provides enhanced value, catering to the evolving desires of Asia Pacific's burgeoning affluent population.
An international hub of enriching cultures, experiences and opportunities, Asia Pacific's state-of-the art business facilities and iconic travel destinations make it the perfect place for affluent consumers to live, work and play. According to the Mastercard Global Destinations Cities Index, half of the world's top destination cities are in the Asia Pacific, making it a prime stop for relaxing holidays, exciting events and global business.
With consistent economic growth and rising spending power, Asia Pacific's Affluent consumers are exerting greater influence on global commerce directives and marketing efforts than ever before. By 2020, Asia Pacific will have the largest population of High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI), with an expected annual growth rate of 10.3% in 2017 . In 2015, Asia Pacific surpassed North America as the region with the highest HNWI wealth of US$ 17.4 trillion .
These shifts have re-defined lifestyles and spending priorities of Asia Pacific's affluent consumers. According toMastercard Head Consumer Credit, Asia Pacific,Jenn Ong, Asia Pacific's affluent consumers are sophisticated and discerning, preferring experiential luxury over material possessions.
"Growing in affluence and influence, Asia Pacific's consumers are shaping the notion of what luxury means today. Our insights, mined from card spend, travel patterns and consumer journeys, give us a deep understanding into the affluent consumer and their passions", said Ong.
"Our latest research found that social activities, such as overseas holidays and fine dining with loved ones are some of the key priorities among consumers in the region. These learnings are especially crucial as we build compelling offers, as part of our commitment to provide cardholders with superior value," she said.
As part of the refresh, Mastercard's revitalized program ushers in a comprehensive suite of benefits around its core consumer passion pillars: Travel, Dining and Peace of Mind. Whether it's residing at one of Asia Pacific's most luxurious properties,savouring a curated dinner or recharging in the comfort of a private lounge, Mastercard's refreshed programme provides cardholders with an elevated level of convenience and luxury and connects them to the most priceless entity with quality time.
The renewed offer platform has launched across Asia Pacific, comprising a wide range of benefits are available for Mastercard Platinum, World and World Elite cardholders across the following pillars:
n Luxury Hotels & Resorts Privileges: Consolidating a collection of the finest hotels and resorts across the world, cardholders can enjoy exclusive benefits at some of the world's pinnacle luxury properties.
n LoungeKey™: Enabled by the largest and most secure network with over 800 airport lounges in more than 300 cities in over 120 countries, cardholders enjoy complimentary membership to airport lounges with a single swipe on their World or World Elite Mastercard .
n Destination Limo: World and World Elite cardholders can enjoy preferential rates for chauffeured limousine at selected airports globally.
n Global Wi-Fi Access: World Elite cardholders have access to complimentary unlimited Wi-Fi at more than 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots around the world, including inflight access.
n Mastercard Epicurean Experiences: World and World Elite cardholders can now enjoy priority reservations and exclusively curated seasonal menus by avant-garde visionaries and Michelin-starred chefs at 20 top restaurants globally.
n Kids Dining Perks: Together with InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts, Mastercard cardholders are entitled to complimentary dining for kids aged 12 years and below with every paying adult across 26 participating restaurants in Asia and Australasia.
n Mastercard Wine Privileges: Receive a complimentary bottle of wine when dining at more than 100 participating restaurants across China, Hong Kong and Singapore, with a minimum spend.
Peace of Mind
n E-commerce Protection: Cardholders are automatically protected for eligible online purchases made with their Mastercard.
n Wallet Protection: World and World Elite cardholders are covered against costs associated with replacing their lost or stolen wallets and the items inside it.
- China to provide 90 water bowsers worth Rs 1b 2208
- Wag the Dog 2209
- A brief look at FARC’s origins in Colombia 2165
- ‘Panama Papers’ bags Pulitzer 2186
- SAITM will cooperate with Govt 2190
- dead man was near fashion mall 2230
- Japanese MPs back Lanka’s development 2198
- CB Bond earnings whitewashed – JVP 2200
- Talks to extend Lanka’s Continental Shelf 2203
- Ex-DIG and son re-remanded 2203
- Government can be sent home 2745
- GMOA flogging SAITM for Mahinda– Rajitha 2208
- Ranil invites Japan to invest in S. Asia 2181
- Somali Pirates’ Captives Back Home 2194
- Customs in Rs 8 M bust 2193
- May Day Rally …or the Boot ! 2154
- Auspicious Times presented to President 2142
- Johnston sacked SLFP reshuffles K’gala 2964
- Singapore in the crossfire 3034
- Park impeachment and SK foreign policy 2984
- Filipino Oconer wins overall title 1829
- Unsporty conduct by Joes 1878
- Bertie Wijesinghe, pre-Test era Sri Lankan cricketer, dies aged 96 1845
- CEAT revs up for 2017 1837
- Palace shock Arsenal 1822
- Argentina fire coach Bauza 1838
- BCCI postpones SGM to 18 April 1810
- Murray returns from injury 1830
- New mum Azarenka to return to WTA 1806
- Galle win by 188 runs 1806
- Kapugedera ton boosts Kandy 1719
- Pakistan charges Jamshed in spot-fixing case 1720
- IAAF clears seven more Russians to compete 1721
- Game evenly poised 1717
- Saumy Zainab wins Championship 1788
- Keeping Cool 1824
- Do the right thing and do it now! 1835
- Ravi Jayewardene Pious son of a political giant 2424
- Minorities’ frustration a powder keg – VIDURA 2176
- Administrative powers a must for the Plantation Tamils –Radhakrishnan 1432
- Rajapaksa sought advice from McGuinness– Indika Perera 2559
- SilkAir launches direct flights to Colombo 1883
- Rupee falls on thin volumes 1824
- SriLankan, Japan Airlines add new routes 1848
- Colombo Port box volume up 5.6-pct in Jan 1824
- Private sector to transform into main domestic growth engine 1851
- Oil eases from 5-week top, rising US production weighs 1810
- Tight fiscal and monetary policies constrain SL’s growth 1836
- Shell admits dealing with money launderer 1835
- Toshiba may sell chip business to Foxconn for $27bn 1834
- Asian shares pressured by geopolitical risks; Nikkei down 0.25% 1822
- SLIM launches Certificate in Digital Marketing 1828
- Microsoft Hosts Second ‘Device Day’ in Sri Lanka 1833
- Emirates named Best Airline in the World 1821
- Turkish Airlines and social media assist Somalia 1822
- Brain cell therapy ‘promising’ for Parkinson’s disease 1825
- Trump pushed into bombing Syria 1875
- Thailand discovers Power of Women Travellers 1843
- Economics of gambling 1732
- Trans National Aural Identity 3410
- Queen Anula The Shadow of Cleopatra 3440
- Poetry and its possibilities Part 2 3456
- The Enigma of Labyrinths 3562
- From Couture to Kutir 3448
- Hybrid Sources 4847
- With a festive bang! 1065
- Easter Fun 1053
- Arrogance and crowing is the way of the doomed 1090
- Avurudu on the streets 1101
- Tick control 1085
- Sunny Sunday on the beach 1070
- It’s time to save the world 1127
- From viewer to YouTuber! 1132
- Expert skincare and makeup 1161
- Avurudu at Induruwa 1130
- Exo 1147
- Remembering our fallen heroes 2248