Mastercard redefines affluence for Asia Pacific
Mastercard has refreshed its Affluent platform in the Asia Pacific, with an elevated suite of premium dining and travel rewards and services. Available exclusively for Platinum, World and World Elite Mastercard consumer credit cardholders in the region, Mastercard now provides enhanced value, catering to the evolving desires of Asia Pacific's burgeoning affluent population.
An international hub of enriching cultures, experiences and opportunities, Asia Pacific's state-of-the art business facilities and iconic travel destinations make it the perfect place for affluent consumers to live, work and play. According to the Mastercard Global Destinations Cities Index, half of the world's top destination cities are in the Asia Pacific, making it a prime stop for relaxing holidays, exciting events and global business.
With consistent economic growth and rising spending power, Asia Pacific's Affluent consumers are exerting greater influence on global commerce directives and marketing efforts than ever before. By 2020, Asia Pacific will have the largest population of High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI), with an expected annual growth rate of 10.3% in 2017 . In 2015, Asia Pacific surpassed North America as the region with the highest HNWI wealth of US$ 17.4 trillion .
These shifts have re-defined lifestyles and spending priorities of Asia Pacific's affluent consumers. According toMastercard Head Consumer Credit, Asia Pacific,Jenn Ong, Asia Pacific's affluent consumers are sophisticated and discerning, preferring experiential luxury over material possessions.
"Growing in affluence and influence, Asia Pacific's consumers are shaping the notion of what luxury means today. Our insights, mined from card spend, travel patterns and consumer journeys, give us a deep understanding into the affluent consumer and their passions", said Ong.
"Our latest research found that social activities, such as overseas holidays and fine dining with loved ones are some of the key priorities among consumers in the region. These learnings are especially crucial as we build compelling offers, as part of our commitment to provide cardholders with superior value," she said.
As part of the refresh, Mastercard's revitalized program ushers in a comprehensive suite of benefits around its core consumer passion pillars: Travel, Dining and Peace of Mind. Whether it's residing at one of Asia Pacific's most luxurious properties,savouring a curated dinner or recharging in the comfort of a private lounge, Mastercard's refreshed programme provides cardholders with an elevated level of convenience and luxury and connects them to the most priceless entity with quality time.
The renewed offer platform has launched across Asia Pacific, comprising a wide range of benefits are available for Mastercard Platinum, World and World Elite cardholders across the following pillars:
n Luxury Hotels & Resorts Privileges: Consolidating a collection of the finest hotels and resorts across the world, cardholders can enjoy exclusive benefits at some of the world's pinnacle luxury properties.
n LoungeKey™: Enabled by the largest and most secure network with over 800 airport lounges in more than 300 cities in over 120 countries, cardholders enjoy complimentary membership to airport lounges with a single swipe on their World or World Elite Mastercard .
n Destination Limo: World and World Elite cardholders can enjoy preferential rates for chauffeured limousine at selected airports globally.
n Global Wi-Fi Access: World Elite cardholders have access to complimentary unlimited Wi-Fi at more than 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots around the world, including inflight access.
n Mastercard Epicurean Experiences: World and World Elite cardholders can now enjoy priority reservations and exclusively curated seasonal menus by avant-garde visionaries and Michelin-starred chefs at 20 top restaurants globally.
n Kids Dining Perks: Together with InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts, Mastercard cardholders are entitled to complimentary dining for kids aged 12 years and below with every paying adult across 26 participating restaurants in Asia and Australasia.
n Mastercard Wine Privileges: Receive a complimentary bottle of wine when dining at more than 100 participating restaurants across China, Hong Kong and Singapore, with a minimum spend.
Peace of Mind
n E-commerce Protection: Cardholders are automatically protected for eligible online purchases made with their Mastercard.
n Wallet Protection: World and World Elite cardholders are covered against costs associated with replacing their lost or stolen wallets and the items inside it.
- China to provide 90 water bowsers worth Rs 1b 2499
- Wag the Dog 2449
- A brief look at FARC’s origins in Colombia 2397
- ‘Panama Papers’ bags Pulitzer 2429
- SAITM will cooperate with Govt 2459
- dead man was near fashion mall 2465
- Japanese MPs back Lanka’s development 2452
- CB Bond earnings whitewashed – JVP 2445
- Talks to extend Lanka’s Continental Shelf 2454
- Ex-DIG and son re-remanded 2462
- Government can be sent home 3016
- GMOA flogging SAITM for Mahinda– Rajitha 2469
- Ranil invites Japan to invest in S. Asia 2412
- Somali Pirates’ Captives Back Home 2431
- Customs in Rs 8 M bust 2440
- May Day Rally …or the Boot ! 2368
- Auspicious Times presented to President 2317
- Johnston sacked SLFP reshuffles K’gala 3182
- Singapore in the crossfire 3223
- Park impeachment and SK foreign policy 3177
- Filipino Oconer wins overall title 2082
- Unsporty conduct by Joes 2131
- Bertie Wijesinghe, pre-Test era Sri Lankan cricketer, dies aged 96 2082
- CEAT revs up for 2017 2114
- Palace shock Arsenal 2064
- Argentina fire coach Bauza 2070
- BCCI postpones SGM to 18 April 2039
- Murray returns from injury 2052
- New mum Azarenka to return to WTA 2019
- Galle win by 188 runs 2023
- Kapugedera ton boosts Kandy 1846
- Pakistan charges Jamshed in spot-fixing case 1864
- IAAF clears seven more Russians to compete 1877
- Game evenly poised 1873
- Saumy Zainab wins Championship 1960
- Keeping Cool 2071
- Do the right thing and do it now! 2078
- Ravi Jayewardene Pious son of a political giant 2678
- Minorities’ frustration a powder keg – VIDURA 2424
- Administrative powers a must for the Plantation Tamils –Radhakrishnan 1693
- Rajapaksa sought advice from McGuinness– Indika Perera 2847
- SilkAir launches direct flights to Colombo 2157
- Rupee falls on thin volumes 2095
- SriLankan, Japan Airlines add new routes 2075
- Colombo Port box volume up 5.6-pct in Jan 2101
- Private sector to transform into main domestic growth engine 2094
- Oil eases from 5-week top, rising US production weighs 2061
- Tight fiscal and monetary policies constrain SL’s growth 2091
- Shell admits dealing with money launderer 2069
- Toshiba may sell chip business to Foxconn for $27bn 2078
- Asian shares pressured by geopolitical risks; Nikkei down 0.25% 2055
- SLIM launches Certificate in Digital Marketing 2065
- Microsoft Hosts Second ‘Device Day’ in Sri Lanka 2064
- Emirates named Best Airline in the World 2032
- Turkish Airlines and social media assist Somalia 2066
- Brain cell therapy ‘promising’ for Parkinson’s disease 2062
- Trump pushed into bombing Syria 2125
- Thailand discovers Power of Women Travellers 2106
- Economics of gambling 2044
- Trans National Aural Identity 3656
- Queen Anula The Shadow of Cleopatra 3752
- Poetry and its possibilities Part 2 3729
- The Enigma of Labyrinths 3808
- From Couture to Kutir 3725
- Hybrid Sources 5100
- With a festive bang! 1316
- Easter Fun 1312
- Arrogance and crowing is the way of the doomed 1348
- Avurudu on the streets 1364
- Tick control 1445
- Sunny Sunday on the beach 1318
- It’s time to save the world 1353
- From viewer to YouTuber! 1407
- Expert skincare and makeup 1400
- Avurudu at Induruwa 1385
- Exo 1420
- Remembering our fallen heroes 2507