Mastercard redefines affluence for Asia Pacific
Mastercard has refreshed its Affluent platform in the Asia Pacific, with an elevated suite of premium dining and travel rewards and services. Available exclusively for Platinum, World and World Elite Mastercard consumer credit cardholders in the region, Mastercard now provides enhanced value, catering to the evolving desires of Asia Pacific's burgeoning affluent population.
An international hub of enriching cultures, experiences and opportunities, Asia Pacific's state-of-the art business facilities and iconic travel destinations make it the perfect place for affluent consumers to live, work and play. According to the Mastercard Global Destinations Cities Index, half of the world's top destination cities are in the Asia Pacific, making it a prime stop for relaxing holidays, exciting events and global business.
With consistent economic growth and rising spending power, Asia Pacific's Affluent consumers are exerting greater influence on global commerce directives and marketing efforts than ever before. By 2020, Asia Pacific will have the largest population of High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI), with an expected annual growth rate of 10.3% in 2017 . In 2015, Asia Pacific surpassed North America as the region with the highest HNWI wealth of US$ 17.4 trillion .
These shifts have re-defined lifestyles and spending priorities of Asia Pacific's affluent consumers. According toMastercard Head Consumer Credit, Asia Pacific,Jenn Ong, Asia Pacific's affluent consumers are sophisticated and discerning, preferring experiential luxury over material possessions.
"Growing in affluence and influence, Asia Pacific's consumers are shaping the notion of what luxury means today. Our insights, mined from card spend, travel patterns and consumer journeys, give us a deep understanding into the affluent consumer and their passions", said Ong.
"Our latest research found that social activities, such as overseas holidays and fine dining with loved ones are some of the key priorities among consumers in the region. These learnings are especially crucial as we build compelling offers, as part of our commitment to provide cardholders with superior value," she said.
As part of the refresh, Mastercard's revitalized program ushers in a comprehensive suite of benefits around its core consumer passion pillars: Travel, Dining and Peace of Mind. Whether it's residing at one of Asia Pacific's most luxurious properties,savouring a curated dinner or recharging in the comfort of a private lounge, Mastercard's refreshed programme provides cardholders with an elevated level of convenience and luxury and connects them to the most priceless entity with quality time.
The renewed offer platform has launched across Asia Pacific, comprising a wide range of benefits are available for Mastercard Platinum, World and World Elite cardholders across the following pillars:
n Luxury Hotels & Resorts Privileges: Consolidating a collection of the finest hotels and resorts across the world, cardholders can enjoy exclusive benefits at some of the world's pinnacle luxury properties.
n LoungeKey™: Enabled by the largest and most secure network with over 800 airport lounges in more than 300 cities in over 120 countries, cardholders enjoy complimentary membership to airport lounges with a single swipe on their World or World Elite Mastercard .
n Destination Limo: World and World Elite cardholders can enjoy preferential rates for chauffeured limousine at selected airports globally.
n Global Wi-Fi Access: World Elite cardholders have access to complimentary unlimited Wi-Fi at more than 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots around the world, including inflight access.
n Mastercard Epicurean Experiences: World and World Elite cardholders can now enjoy priority reservations and exclusively curated seasonal menus by avant-garde visionaries and Michelin-starred chefs at 20 top restaurants globally.
n Kids Dining Perks: Together with InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts, Mastercard cardholders are entitled to complimentary dining for kids aged 12 years and below with every paying adult across 26 participating restaurants in Asia and Australasia.
n Mastercard Wine Privileges: Receive a complimentary bottle of wine when dining at more than 100 participating restaurants across China, Hong Kong and Singapore, with a minimum spend.
Peace of Mind
n E-commerce Protection: Cardholders are automatically protected for eligible online purchases made with their Mastercard.
n Wallet Protection: World and World Elite cardholders are covered against costs associated with replacing their lost or stolen wallets and the items inside it.
- Cabinet approves President’s proposal 3314
- UNICEF appeals for US$1m funding for SL drought 3305
- Three nabbed brewing moonshine 3300
- Two nabbed with narcotics 3300
- Madras HC issues directive 3305
- ‘Bunty’ captured in Sellakataragama 3309
- JVP condemns Govt attempts to protect criminals 3307
- UK bans laptops and tablets on flights from six ME countries 3301
- Tax on Palmyrah industry hits Northerners hard 3305
- Highest number of TB patients in Kalmunai 3300
- Contradictory messages on transitional justice 3319
- Can China save the global order? 3302
- Russia in Libya 3300
- Cabinet approves Ravi’s proposal 3309
- Buddhika sets Parliament record for petitions 3306
- Police to guard girls’ schools 3299
- ‘Find a good lawyer’ 3297
- President receives warm welcome in Moscow 3297
- Wimal to stay hungry 3298
- Army Chief of Staff 3296
- AA to send 12 Athletes for Asian Grand Prix 2806
- Junior Golf Championship from 18-21 April 2311
- Training Command win men’s/women’s titles 2311
- Milestone event on 26 March 2312
- Nestlè powers Kids Athletics 2311
- Ex-Wallaby details childhood sex abuse 2313
- U-19 Schools Div. Two L/O Cricket Annites meet Sebs in semi-final 2312
- Hamilton looks for fast start to new season 2312
- No.1 Kerber looking for Miami boost 2305
- Mortaza- Mahmudullah century stand in vain 2306
- Six rugby players held in rape probe 2305
- Richmond take on Maliyadeva in semis Today 2302
- Three schools advance to quarter finals 2304
- Milinda to replace injured Kusal in ODIs? 2384
- ‘Battle of Golds’ on 24th and 25th March 3421
- Jaffna Prepares for Chronic Kidney Disease 3303
- A Blueprint for Disintegration 3303
- Refugee returnee safety still in doubt? 3301
- We await President’s response – Gemunu 3108
- LTTE atrocities also have to be investigated 3697
- Exporters to EU must be educated on Brexit – GM ECCSL Srinath 3251
- Manjula Amarasinghe new CEO of AM Kreations 2313
- Ceylinco Life honours 24/7 trailblazers of 2016 2311
- BOC Cards offer special discounts for Avurudu Shopping 2312
- BMICH remembers founder on Women’s Day 2310
- LAUGFS Eco Sri launches ‘YOU’ for Women’s Day 2312
- CEAT introduces 7 new tyre sizes Increases radial portfolio to 40 sizes 2313
- Unilever’s Vaseline ‘Skin Health Week’ addresses skin care issues 2311
- Cybersecurity: Best practices for CFOs Combating the vulnerability of finance to malicious attacks 2312
- The disruptive and destructive potential of fake data 2313
- WATERCARE CERTIFIED WITH ISO 14001 FIRST WATER TREATMENT COMPANY IN SRI LANKA TO BE CERTIFIED 2313
- KDU wins National Moot Court Competition 2310
- RED FM and Infinity Events present Red Lounge Let the rhythm spread like Wildfire! 2312
- DrinkDrive combats drunk driving accidents Sri Lankans get first taste of lifesaving new transportation service 2313
- SLIM RESOURCE PANEL GET-TOGETHER 2017 2311
- Cabinet approves SEC act Amendments 2314
- The crisis in Parliament: Twilight of a functioning democracy 3456
- Mispriced Risk of Infectious Diseases 2400
- Limelight on Sri Lanka again 2397
- Musicalized Version of Nostalgia 5216
- The Many Faces of Galle 6079
- Footpaths Towards Deconstruction - Part 13 5236
- Fiesta for Theatre lovers 5691
- Viramaya 2017 – Phenomenal success 5223
- Sri Lankan movie at Geneva film festival 5268
- To be or not to be 1290
- Kids get cooking 1288
- Mindfulness for successful living 1299
- The age of nastiness 1289
- 20 years of singing celebrated 1284
- How do we prevent rape and abuse? 1285
- Batteries to firebombs 1289
- The mundane yet entertaining 1282
- It’s bigger and better 1286
- Jimin 1290
- A brilliant match 1963
- Battle of the Maroons 1881