Mastercard redefines affluence for Asia Pacific
Mastercard has refreshed its Affluent platform in the Asia Pacific, with an elevated suite of premium dining and travel rewards and services. Available exclusively for Platinum, World and World Elite Mastercard consumer credit cardholders in the region, Mastercard now provides enhanced value, catering to the evolving desires of Asia Pacific's burgeoning affluent population.
An international hub of enriching cultures, experiences and opportunities, Asia Pacific's state-of-the art business facilities and iconic travel destinations make it the perfect place for affluent consumers to live, work and play. According to the Mastercard Global Destinations Cities Index, half of the world's top destination cities are in the Asia Pacific, making it a prime stop for relaxing holidays, exciting events and global business.
With consistent economic growth and rising spending power, Asia Pacific's Affluent consumers are exerting greater influence on global commerce directives and marketing efforts than ever before. By 2020, Asia Pacific will have the largest population of High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI), with an expected annual growth rate of 10.3% in 2017 . In 2015, Asia Pacific surpassed North America as the region with the highest HNWI wealth of US$ 17.4 trillion .
These shifts have re-defined lifestyles and spending priorities of Asia Pacific's affluent consumers. According toMastercard Head Consumer Credit, Asia Pacific,Jenn Ong, Asia Pacific's affluent consumers are sophisticated and discerning, preferring experiential luxury over material possessions.
"Growing in affluence and influence, Asia Pacific's consumers are shaping the notion of what luxury means today. Our insights, mined from card spend, travel patterns and consumer journeys, give us a deep understanding into the affluent consumer and their passions", said Ong.
"Our latest research found that social activities, such as overseas holidays and fine dining with loved ones are some of the key priorities among consumers in the region. These learnings are especially crucial as we build compelling offers, as part of our commitment to provide cardholders with superior value," she said.
As part of the refresh, Mastercard's revitalized program ushers in a comprehensive suite of benefits around its core consumer passion pillars: Travel, Dining and Peace of Mind. Whether it's residing at one of Asia Pacific's most luxurious properties,savouring a curated dinner or recharging in the comfort of a private lounge, Mastercard's refreshed programme provides cardholders with an elevated level of convenience and luxury and connects them to the most priceless entity with quality time.
The renewed offer platform has launched across Asia Pacific, comprising a wide range of benefits are available for Mastercard Platinum, World and World Elite cardholders across the following pillars:
n Luxury Hotels & Resorts Privileges: Consolidating a collection of the finest hotels and resorts across the world, cardholders can enjoy exclusive benefits at some of the world's pinnacle luxury properties.
n LoungeKey™: Enabled by the largest and most secure network with over 800 airport lounges in more than 300 cities in over 120 countries, cardholders enjoy complimentary membership to airport lounges with a single swipe on their World or World Elite Mastercard .
n Destination Limo: World and World Elite cardholders can enjoy preferential rates for chauffeured limousine at selected airports globally.
n Global Wi-Fi Access: World Elite cardholders have access to complimentary unlimited Wi-Fi at more than 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots around the world, including inflight access.
n Mastercard Epicurean Experiences: World and World Elite cardholders can now enjoy priority reservations and exclusively curated seasonal menus by avant-garde visionaries and Michelin-starred chefs at 20 top restaurants globally.
n Kids Dining Perks: Together with InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts, Mastercard cardholders are entitled to complimentary dining for kids aged 12 years and below with every paying adult across 26 participating restaurants in Asia and Australasia.
n Mastercard Wine Privileges: Receive a complimentary bottle of wine when dining at more than 100 participating restaurants across China, Hong Kong and Singapore, with a minimum spend.
Peace of Mind
n E-commerce Protection: Cardholders are automatically protected for eligible online purchases made with their Mastercard.
n Wallet Protection: World and World Elite cardholders are covered against costs associated with replacing their lost or stolen wallets and the items inside it.
- More job opportunities for local seafarers 291
- Tamil Diaspora lobbies against GSP plus 294
- Foreign exits pass Rs 75B mark 291
- Peace Airways to fly six A 380s from Mattala 298
- Poor quality fuel re-enters market 291
- Wiggy returns from Canada with ‘cough’ 4588
- Control the price of rice 3756
- 15 families move into DS office 3759
- SLFP moots LG polls under ‘FPP’ 3764
- Conman takes parents on Rs 3 M ride 4004
- Hakeem wants Govt rethink 3777
- Delimitation report gazetted soon 3749
- Six injured in home-and-home feud 3764
- Fine increased to Rs 200,000 3789
- Tamil ‘State Language’ in Tamil Majority Areas 3775
- Imported Rice Not above Rs 76 a kilo 3746
- President appeals: ‘Avert energy crisis’ 3742
- ‘I’ll turn the tables in a jiffy’ 3771
- JVP ups Anti-Govt Initiatives 3746
- Taboo to SLFPers 3763
- Molligoda in final 33
- CCC take first innings points 35
- Nipun scores second ton 35
- SL rout Zim by 7 wickets 37
- SL returns to Wanderers to save the series 35
- Kandy seal win with first-half blitz 35
- Ports Authority CC lead 30
- Raonic beats Simon 29
- Renown SC thrash Solid SC 29
- Fans turn critics after failures 30
- Kurera emerges champion 3064
- Lost his trophy, lost his edge – is Djokovic era over? 3057
- Murray, Federer masterclass wows Aussie Open 3053
- Vithanage and Karunaratne score tons 3068
- Colombo FC shoots to strong position 3061
- Coal industry mafia sacked me 117
- I have a responsibility to correct this Govt 117
- A NEW CONSTITUTION A MUST 3337
- China’s economy grows 6.7% in 2016 77
- Back-up plan to seek partner for SriLankan 76
- China posts weakest growth in 26 years 77
- Political ramifications complicate fiscal consolidation 78
- CBSL retires Rs 34.1B T-Bills 79
- FTA with NZ in the offing 77
- Economic region with India and S’pore planned 71
- Govt. looks to Diaspora for FDI 71
- Blue Mountain breaks ground for Achilleion 71
- DFCC Bank opens new Pettah branch 71
- Union Bank relocates Balangoda branch 71
- Commercial Bank raises stakes with ‘Gedarata Thégi’ 71
- SDB bank opens 89th branch in Mannar 71
- NDB joins Senok to offer great leasing packages 71
- American Airlines introduces Basic Economy 71
- Way for True Conciliation! 3864
- Mathews is confident of bouncing back 2669
- Djokovic still the biggest rival, says Murray 3264
- Odissi dance recital Taal Taranga 176
- Candid and Undeterred remarks on Luke Wright 177
- Enchanting scrutiny into historical novels 179
- Davena Vihagun (aka Burning Birds) for The Ingamar Bergman Film Award 176
- Rev. Fr. Harold Panditharatne – Teacher Par Excellance 177
- Postnational cinema? 177
- Authentic poetry rewarded 45
- Kala Pola 2017 44
- A mighty platform for the creative writer 46
- The start of a new year 46
- Special Chinese New Year food festival 46
- Escape to Sigiriya 45
- Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo 50
- A clash over hybrid blood and power 51
- The augmented reality game experience 50
- Classrooms of the future 50
- Aiming for the diehard fans 50
- Sri Lanka enters endurance racing 50