Mastercard redefines affluence for Asia Pacific
Mastercard has refreshed its Affluent platform in the Asia Pacific, with an elevated suite of premium dining and travel rewards and services. Available exclusively for Platinum, World and World Elite Mastercard consumer credit cardholders in the region, Mastercard now provides enhanced value, catering to the evolving desires of Asia Pacific's burgeoning affluent population.
An international hub of enriching cultures, experiences and opportunities, Asia Pacific's state-of-the art business facilities and iconic travel destinations make it the perfect place for affluent consumers to live, work and play. According to the Mastercard Global Destinations Cities Index, half of the world's top destination cities are in the Asia Pacific, making it a prime stop for relaxing holidays, exciting events and global business.
With consistent economic growth and rising spending power, Asia Pacific's Affluent consumers are exerting greater influence on global commerce directives and marketing efforts than ever before. By 2020, Asia Pacific will have the largest population of High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI), with an expected annual growth rate of 10.3% in 2017 . In 2015, Asia Pacific surpassed North America as the region with the highest HNWI wealth of US$ 17.4 trillion .
These shifts have re-defined lifestyles and spending priorities of Asia Pacific's affluent consumers. According toMastercard Head Consumer Credit, Asia Pacific,Jenn Ong, Asia Pacific's affluent consumers are sophisticated and discerning, preferring experiential luxury over material possessions.
"Growing in affluence and influence, Asia Pacific's consumers are shaping the notion of what luxury means today. Our insights, mined from card spend, travel patterns and consumer journeys, give us a deep understanding into the affluent consumer and their passions", said Ong.
"Our latest research found that social activities, such as overseas holidays and fine dining with loved ones are some of the key priorities among consumers in the region. These learnings are especially crucial as we build compelling offers, as part of our commitment to provide cardholders with superior value," she said.
As part of the refresh, Mastercard's revitalized program ushers in a comprehensive suite of benefits around its core consumer passion pillars: Travel, Dining and Peace of Mind. Whether it's residing at one of Asia Pacific's most luxurious properties,savouring a curated dinner or recharging in the comfort of a private lounge, Mastercard's refreshed programme provides cardholders with an elevated level of convenience and luxury and connects them to the most priceless entity with quality time.
The renewed offer platform has launched across Asia Pacific, comprising a wide range of benefits are available for Mastercard Platinum, World and World Elite cardholders across the following pillars:
n Luxury Hotels & Resorts Privileges: Consolidating a collection of the finest hotels and resorts across the world, cardholders can enjoy exclusive benefits at some of the world's pinnacle luxury properties.
n LoungeKey™: Enabled by the largest and most secure network with over 800 airport lounges in more than 300 cities in over 120 countries, cardholders enjoy complimentary membership to airport lounges with a single swipe on their World or World Elite Mastercard .
n Destination Limo: World and World Elite cardholders can enjoy preferential rates for chauffeured limousine at selected airports globally.
n Global Wi-Fi Access: World Elite cardholders have access to complimentary unlimited Wi-Fi at more than 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots around the world, including inflight access.
n Mastercard Epicurean Experiences: World and World Elite cardholders can now enjoy priority reservations and exclusively curated seasonal menus by avant-garde visionaries and Michelin-starred chefs at 20 top restaurants globally.
n Kids Dining Perks: Together with InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts, Mastercard cardholders are entitled to complimentary dining for kids aged 12 years and below with every paying adult across 26 participating restaurants in Asia and Australasia.
n Mastercard Wine Privileges: Receive a complimentary bottle of wine when dining at more than 100 participating restaurants across China, Hong Kong and Singapore, with a minimum spend.
Peace of Mind
n E-commerce Protection: Cardholders are automatically protected for eligible online purchases made with their Mastercard.
n Wallet Protection: World and World Elite cardholders are covered against costs associated with replacing their lost or stolen wallets and the items inside it.
- NUJ 109th Birth anniversary 3369
- Mangala to urge 24-month extension 3540
- Namal slaps CBK with defamation 3444
- Pakistan still eyeing JF-17 Thunder Fighter sale to Sri Lanka 3151
- CID grills govt Printer, Director, others 3232
- LRC seeks Police protection 3141
- MR to meet Tamil and Muslim leaders 3212
- Leprosy hits western province 3150
- skipper of ill-fated boat remanded 3135
- Raggers will be promptly expelled 3164
- Double-speak from SB on Wimal 3167
- VX nerve agent killed Kim Jong-nam 3141
- More snags foul up Constitution making 3291
- NFPWHR warns of massive protest 3143
- Mangala meets US HDP delegation 3146
- SL Police deny ‘hunting’ refugees in HK 3135
- 1500 students denied Uni education 3219
- SLFP CMs to boycott meeting 3134
- Wimal not a party leader – Dayasiri 3141
- New Zealand-bound boat people held 3128
- February – a celebratory month 3116
- Political mayhem 3134
- Significance of Sri Lanka’s legal profession 3121
- Now or never for Havies 2249
- Bad light saves day for Isipathana 2245
- Golfer Arumugam no more 2246
- Royal resist late Joes’ onslaught 2251
- Sadeera's 177 n.o. guides SL 'A' 2242
- Sadeera pushes for Test spot 2520
- Wesley players face disciplinary action 2248
- De Villiers' record sets up thumping win 2235
- Australians humble India 2235
- Dilini edges Sadeepa in long jump 2239
- Ronaldinho launches soccer academy in China 2216
- French possess fear factor, says Zebo 2220
- UB Finance main sponsor for STC Rugby for 2017 2216
- New circular issued to allow player poaching 2322
- Malinda claims seven scalps 2218
- SAITM students will not be accepted by any country– Prof. Hiran Amerasekera 3164
- I have no issues with the Minister– Anoma Gamage 3510
- LG elections should be under new system 3335
- Google's self-driving firm sues Uber 2507
- Colombo Fashion Week dates for Summer season, 13 – 18 March 2513
- International Thunder Cat Power Boat Racing in Bentota- a thrilling experience 2508
- BPPL Holdings Limited announces Rs. 368 Mn IPO 2509
- Durdans Lab Service adds ‘Predictive Tests’ for disease prevention 2510
- INSEE Cement wins Green Platinum Award at HarithaSihinaya 2017 2508
- CIC to elevate education in rural Agri-Communities 2510
- NTB rewards 50 lucky American Express Cardmembers with latest iPhone 7 2509
- HNB offers new benefit package through agreement with Indra Traders 2520
- Crescent Global sponsors Insurance Awards 2508
- Hameedia’s Bespoke Tailoring offer 2501
- NDB relocates Wennappuwa branch 2501
- Foreign exits top Rs 120.6B 2502
- Brandix gifts stationery and school bags to 5,700 children 2499
- AIC Campus European State University Foundation after O/Levels 2501
- Valencia stun Real Madrid 2731
- GSP+ To sustain economy or to Mutate society? 3048
- Fully fledged Media Commission by June – DGI 3079
- A musical evening-Hindi film songs 3035
- Sitar recital 3031
- Alston Koch to sing at the ‘OSCARS’ after party 3037
- Luang Prabang – A Journey into Sublimity 3033
- Blue all the way 3033
- Footpaths Towards Deconstruction - Part 10 3035
- Employees rewarded 1327
- Training in excellence 1326
- Human – elephant conflict rears up again 1369
- Nature in its wild pristine beauty 1332
- A touch of Yalpanam 1332
- Blood facts 1328
- SS501 1671
- An immersive and inclusive learning experiences 1674
- Emerging future trailblazers 1672
- An educational celebration 1670
- A campaign to target8.4 million Lankans 1673
- An epic battle 1671