Piramal Glass posts YTD turnover crossing Rs 5B in Q3
For the nine months ended 31 Dec, 2016 the overall turnover crossed Rs 5 B mark.
The total turnover showed a growth of 6% from Rs 4,817 million to Rs 5,108 million. This was contributed by 7% growth in domestic sales from Rs 3,888 million to Rs 4,149 million and 3% increase in export sales to Rs 929 million from Rs 959 million.
During the year, the company's export portfolio has showed a marked increase in its sales to USA.
The Profit Before Tax for the nine months period was Rs 352 million as against Rs 576 million in the similar period in the previous year .
The major reasons for lower profitability are :-
• The long-term loan interest cost has yet again started rising from this quarter onwards due to the long-term loan of Rs 3 billion obtained for the relining.
• The plant was inoperative for two months due to relining and hence a major portion of the domestic sale was done through trading. Though margins are low we were compelled to resort to trading to ensure continuity of supply to our customers.
• The continuous upward trend of LPG prices has a major impact on the cost of production. The company current LPG prices are linked with Saudi Aramco and forex rates (Us dollar to LKR ) .
For Q 3 ended 31 December 2016 , the sales was Rs 1,979 million which is an 11% growth over the previous year similar period turnover of Rs 1,778 million. During the quarter the domestic market showed a growth of 12% from Rs 1,391 million to Rs 1,563 million whilst the export market growth was 8% from Rs 387 million to Rs 416 million.
All sectors contributed positively whilst food and beverage segment continued to dominate the sale.
This is the first quarter in operation after the company plant shutdown of two months for its capacity enhancement and upgradation.
The sales growth for the quarter was mainly contributed by the domestic market. The positive sentiments that was experienced throughout the year remained during this festive season as well.
The company has been lobbying with regulatory authorities to bring down the energy prices specifically furnace oil, in line with world crude oil prices and also to introduce formula pricing as in case of LPG.
About Piramal Glass:
Piramal Glass Ceylon (Formerly Ceylon Glass Company) is the only glass bottle manufacturing plant in Sri Lanka. It had the opportunity of coming under the umbrella of Piramal Group in 1999. Presently Located in Horana, it has been in existence for over 55 years. The company, originally at Rathmalana was relocated at Horana in 2007 as a BOI venture. PGC at its manufacturing facility has the capability to offer glass containers in different shapes and colours for multiple industries such as food, liquor, pharmaceutical, agro chemical and soft drinks.
About Piramal Group:
The Piramal Group led by Ajay G. Piramal is one of India's foremost business conglomerates. Driven by the core values of Knowledge, Action, Care, the Piramal Group has a formidable presence in healthcare, drug discovery & research, glass, real estate and financial services. The Piramal Group also pursues sustained community activities in healthcare, education, emergency medical services, and heritage restoration.
- China to provide 90 water bowsers worth Rs 1b 2432
- Wag the Dog 2394
- A brief look at FARC’s origins in Colombia 2352
- ‘Panama Papers’ bags Pulitzer 2376
- SAITM will cooperate with Govt 2408
- dead man was near fashion mall 2415
- Japanese MPs back Lanka’s development 2392
- CB Bond earnings whitewashed – JVP 2387
- Talks to extend Lanka’s Continental Shelf 2401
- Ex-DIG and son re-remanded 2405
- Government can be sent home 2954
- GMOA flogging SAITM for Mahinda– Rajitha 2411
- Ranil invites Japan to invest in S. Asia 2361
- Somali Pirates’ Captives Back Home 2377
- Customs in Rs 8 M bust 2381
- Redefining Rape 2679
- The march of folly Our mad Cabinet system 2013
- First adventures in Europe 2107
- Inspiration for writers 2098
- Sri Lanka’s sustainable development dream 2681
- Sinhala and Tamil New Year with Easter 2288
- Filipino Oconer wins overall title 2024
- Unsporty conduct by Joes 2076
- Bertie Wijesinghe, pre-Test era Sri Lankan cricketer, dies aged 96 2031
- CEAT revs up for 2017 2062
- Palace shock Arsenal 2013
- Argentina fire coach Bauza 2026
- BCCI postpones SGM to 18 April 1991
- Murray returns from injury 2008
- New mum Azarenka to return to WTA 1969
- Galle win by 188 runs 1975
- Keeping Cool 2020
- Do the right thing and do it now! 2033
- Ravi Jayewardene Pious son of a political giant 2618
- In the heart of the old country 2441
- Sarath Weerasekera’s Geneva adventure 2277
- No moral right to play with public funds 2227
- No need for fine if route permits are issued in fair, just manner 2167
- UDA incurs Rs 330M Loss 2067
- DOUSING A MEGA SHIP FIRE 1873
- Health authorities in denial? 2381
- Minorities’ frustration a powder keg – VIDURA 2367
- Administrative powers a must for the Plantation Tamils –Radhakrishnan 1631
- Rajapaksa sought advice from McGuinness– Indika Perera 2798
- I will lead SLFP to victory in future elections – President 2158
- Hang the ‘traitors’– RTD. REAR ADMIRAL WEERASEKARA 2610
- We oppose Nationalism and Federalism – Samarasinghe 3218
- SilkAir launches direct flights to Colombo 2097
- Rupee falls on thin volumes 2047
- SriLankan, Japan Airlines add new routes 2031
- Colombo Port box volume up 5.6-pct in Jan 2042
- Private sector to transform into main domestic growth engine 2040
- Oil eases from 5-week top, rising US production weighs 2012
- Tight fiscal and monetary policies constrain SL’s growth 2039
- Shell admits dealing with money launderer 2017
- Toshiba may sell chip business to Foxconn for $27bn 2022
- Asian shares pressured by geopolitical risks; Nikkei down 0.25% 2000
- SLIM launches Certificate in Digital Marketing 2018
- Microsoft Hosts Second ‘Device Day’ in Sri Lanka 2013
- Emirates named Best Airline in the World 1978
- Turkish Airlines and social media assist Somalia 2013
- Brain cell therapy ‘promising’ for Parkinson’s disease 2010
- Trump pushed into bombing Syria 2073
- Thailand discovers Power of Women Travellers 2050
- Economics of gambling 1978
- Trans National Aural Identity 3601
- Queen Anula The Shadow of Cleopatra 3686
- Poetry and its possibilities Part 2 3675
- The Enigma of Labyrinths 3749
- From Couture to Kutir 3667
- Hybrid Sources 5049
- Offering Riddles & Enigmas 5086
- Poetry and its possibilities 5213
- With a festive bang! 1261
- Easter Fun 1260
- Arrogance and crowing is the way of the doomed 1301
- Avurudu on the streets 1312
- Tick control 1349
- Sunny Sunday on the beach 1271
- It’s time to save the world 1299
- From viewer to YouTuber! 1348
- Expert skincare and makeup 1349
- Avurudu at Induruwa 1328
- Exo 1356
- Remembering our fallen heroes 2436