Piramal Glass posts YTD turnover crossing Rs 5B in Q3
For the nine months ended 31 Dec, 2016 the overall turnover crossed Rs 5 B mark.
The total turnover showed a growth of 6% from Rs 4,817 million to Rs 5,108 million. This was contributed by 7% growth in domestic sales from Rs 3,888 million to Rs 4,149 million and 3% increase in export sales to Rs 929 million from Rs 959 million.
During the year, the company's export portfolio has showed a marked increase in its sales to USA.
The Profit Before Tax for the nine months period was Rs 352 million as against Rs 576 million in the similar period in the previous year .
The major reasons for lower profitability are :-
• The long-term loan interest cost has yet again started rising from this quarter onwards due to the long-term loan of Rs 3 billion obtained for the relining.
• The plant was inoperative for two months due to relining and hence a major portion of the domestic sale was done through trading. Though margins are low we were compelled to resort to trading to ensure continuity of supply to our customers.
• The continuous upward trend of LPG prices has a major impact on the cost of production. The company current LPG prices are linked with Saudi Aramco and forex rates (Us dollar to LKR ) .
For Q 3 ended 31 December 2016 , the sales was Rs 1,979 million which is an 11% growth over the previous year similar period turnover of Rs 1,778 million. During the quarter the domestic market showed a growth of 12% from Rs 1,391 million to Rs 1,563 million whilst the export market growth was 8% from Rs 387 million to Rs 416 million.
All sectors contributed positively whilst food and beverage segment continued to dominate the sale.
This is the first quarter in operation after the company plant shutdown of two months for its capacity enhancement and upgradation.
The sales growth for the quarter was mainly contributed by the domestic market. The positive sentiments that was experienced throughout the year remained during this festive season as well.
The company has been lobbying with regulatory authorities to bring down the energy prices specifically furnace oil, in line with world crude oil prices and also to introduce formula pricing as in case of LPG.
About Piramal Glass:
Piramal Glass Ceylon (Formerly Ceylon Glass Company) is the only glass bottle manufacturing plant in Sri Lanka. It had the opportunity of coming under the umbrella of Piramal Group in 1999. Presently Located in Horana, it has been in existence for over 55 years. The company, originally at Rathmalana was relocated at Horana in 2007 as a BOI venture. PGC at its manufacturing facility has the capability to offer glass containers in different shapes and colours for multiple industries such as food, liquor, pharmaceutical, agro chemical and soft drinks.
About Piramal Group:
The Piramal Group led by Ajay G. Piramal is one of India's foremost business conglomerates. Driven by the core values of Knowledge, Action, Care, the Piramal Group has a formidable presence in healthcare, drug discovery & research, glass, real estate and financial services. The Piramal Group also pursues sustained community activities in healthcare, education, emergency medical services, and heritage restoration.
- NUJ 109th Birth anniversary 2687
- Mangala to urge 24-month extension 2689
- Namal slaps CBK with defamation 3389
- Pakistan still eyeing JF-17 Thunder Fighter sale to Sri Lanka 3145
- CID grills govt Printer, Director, others 3184
- LRC seeks Police protection 3137
- MR to meet Tamil and Muslim leaders 3190
- Leprosy hits western province 3144
- skipper of ill-fated boat remanded 3131
- Raggers will be promptly expelled 3154
- Double-speak from SB on Wimal 3157
- VX nerve agent killed Kim Jong-nam 3137
- More snags foul up Constitution making 3283
- NFPWHR warns of massive protest 3134
- Mangala meets US HDP delegation 3141
- SL Police deny ‘hunting’ refugees in HK 3130
- 1500 students denied Uni education 3208
- SLFP CMs to boycott meeting 3129
- Wimal not a party leader – Dayasiri 3132
- New Zealand-bound boat people held 3122
- February – a celebratory month 3112
- Political mayhem 3127
- Significance of Sri Lanka’s legal profession 3118
- A house divided 3103
- Building castles in the air 3108
- Upholding children’s rights 5649
- Now or never for Havies 1610
- Bad light saves day for Isipathana 1610
- Golfer Arumugam no more 1609
- Royal resist late Joes’ onslaught 1610
- Sadeera's 177 n.o. guides SL 'A' 1609
- Sadeera pushes for Test spot 1613
- Wimal gets short shrift 2395
- BASL in the dock 2393
- Ragging: The ugly truth 2392
- Govt gambling with our lives – KPP protesters 2390
- Keppetipola mansion in bad shape 2390
- Diesel Mafia raises its head again... 2390
- SAITM students will not be accepted by any country– Prof. Hiran Amerasekera 3144
- I have no issues with the Minister– Anoma Gamage 3503
- LG elections should be under new system 3334
- Dr. Sivamohan reiterates preference for foreign intervention 2896
- RICE SHORTAGE AND HIGH PRICES BIG MILL OWNERS TO BLAME SAYS ACPF 3045
- I believe in cooperative politics – Karuna 2010
- Google's self-driving firm sues Uber 1812
- Colombo Fashion Week dates for Summer season, 13 – 18 March 1813
- International Thunder Cat Power Boat Racing in Bentota- a thrilling experience 1813
- BPPL Holdings Limited announces Rs. 368 Mn IPO 1814
- Durdans Lab Service adds ‘Predictive Tests’ for disease prevention 1813
- INSEE Cement wins Green Platinum Award at HarithaSihinaya 2017 1813
- CIC to elevate education in rural Agri-Communities 1812
- NTB rewards 50 lucky American Express Cardmembers with latest iPhone 7 1812
- HNB offers new benefit package through agreement with Indra Traders 1815
- Crescent Global sponsors Insurance Awards 1813
- Valencia stun Real Madrid 2729
- GSP+ To sustain economy or to Mutate society? 3045
- Fully fledged Media Commission by June – DGI 3078
- A musical evening-Hindi film songs 2025
- Sitar recital 2023
- Alston Koch to sing at the ‘OSCARS’ after party 2024
- Luang Prabang – A Journey into Sublimity 2025
- Blue all the way 2025
- Footpaths Towards Deconstruction - Part 10 2026
- Employees rewarded 1273
- Training in excellence 1272
- Human – elephant conflict rears up again 1275
- Nature in its wild pristine beauty 1275
- A touch of Yalpanam 1275
- Blood facts 1273
- SS501 1331
- An immersive and inclusive learning experiences 1332
- Emerging future trailblazers 1331
- An educational celebration 1331
- A campaign to target8.4 million Lankans 1333
- An epic battle 1331