Park Jimin is the lead vocalist and main dancer of seven-member South Korean boy band BTS (Bangtan Boys) under Big Hit Entertainment.
13 October 1995
Park Jihyun (younger brother)
l He is a big fan of BIGBANG's Taeyang and wants to become like him.
l He is known as one of the most talkative members of BTS.
l His favourite number is 3.
l Jimin knows a lot when it comes to skin care.
l His favourite colours are Light Blue and black.
l Jimin always felt really sorry about kicking his members so hard during the "No More Dream" performances.
l Jimin practices whenever he has free time and he has an addiction to practicing.
l Jimin likes it if the weather is sunny and cool, wearing earphones while listening to music that gives a good feeling.
l Jimin generally solves his problem by himself. If he can't solve it, he will share his worries with V.
l For Jimin, Bangtan is another family that allowed him to reach his longtime dream.
l Jimin thinks most people like Iron Man, so his favourite from the Avengers is Hulk.
l Comic books influenced him a lot.
He was born in Busan, South Korea. In 8th grade, Jimin started to learn the dance style of popping. After watching Rain's performances, he became interested in becoming a performer as well. He told his parents about it, and they approved it happily.
He studied at Busan High School of Arts in the Modern Dance Department at which he was a top student. His teacher had suggested auditionng for an entertainment company. He auditioned for Big Hit Entertainment with the song, "I Have a Lover" during Big Hit Entertainment's 'Hit It' auditions in Busan in 2011. It was his first ever audition, and he got accepted. He moved to Seoul after becoming a trainee at Big Hit, and continued his studies with fellow BTS member and then trainee, V, at the Korea Arts High School. He also attended Global Cyber University. He trained for a year before debuting with BTS.
Half a year prior to debut, the members began building their name and creating a relationship with fans through Twitter, video blogs, fancafe posts, and by releasing various song covers via YouTube and SoundCloud. BTS debuted on 13 June 2013, with the song "No More Dream" from their first album, 2 Cool 4 Skool, for which they won several "New Artist of the Year" awards. The rooose to stardom continuesly and have multiple awards, chart toppers and songs that chart internationally as well.
Lyrically Jimin has co-written the lyrics for "Boyz with Fun" in their The Most Beautiful Moment in Life trilogy and the the Japanese version of the same son in their second Japanese studio album Youth. During the recent Wings album and their subsequesnt repackage, You Never Walk Alone, Jimin co-wrote the lyrics to his solo song "Lie".
Jimin has been praised for his dancing since before he debuted. He has had many oppertunities to showcase his talents as a member of BTS and during collaborations and solo performances at variouse award shows.
- China to provide 90 water bowsers worth Rs 1b 2184
- Wag the Dog 2195
- A brief look at FARC’s origins in Colombia 2145
- ‘Panama Papers’ bags Pulitzer 2168
- SAITM will cooperate with Govt 2170
- dead man was near fashion mall 2214
- Japanese MPs back Lanka’s development 2176
- CB Bond earnings whitewashed – JVP 2187
- Talks to extend Lanka’s Continental Shelf 2178
- Ex-DIG and son re-remanded 2193
- Government can be sent home 2728
- GMOA flogging SAITM for Mahinda– Rajitha 2192
- Ranil invites Japan to invest in S. Asia 2165
- Somali Pirates’ Captives Back Home 2179
- Customs in Rs 8 M bust 2176
- Redefining Rape 2279
- The march of folly Our mad Cabinet system 1819
- First adventures in Europe 1902
- Inspiration for writers 1882
- Sri Lanka’s sustainable development dream 2041
- Sinhala and Tamil New Year with Easter 2063
- Filipino Oconer wins overall title 1814
- Unsporty conduct by Joes 1862
- Bertie Wijesinghe, pre-Test era Sri Lankan cricketer, dies aged 96 1830
- CEAT revs up for 2017 1817
- Palace shock Arsenal 1807
- Argentina fire coach Bauza 1821
- BCCI postpones SGM to 18 April 1796
- Murray returns from injury 1806
- New mum Azarenka to return to WTA 1791
- Galle win by 188 runs 1793
- Keeping Cool 1812
- Do the right thing and do it now! 1821
- Ravi Jayewardene Pious son of a political giant 2406
- In the heart of the old country 2235
- Sarath Weerasekera’s Geneva adventure 2057
- No moral right to play with public funds 1977
- No need for fine if route permits are issued in fair, just manner 1868
- UDA incurs Rs 330M Loss 1810
- DOUSING A MEGA SHIP FIRE 1643
- Health authorities in denial? 2114
- Minorities’ frustration a powder keg – VIDURA 2162
- Administrative powers a must for the Plantation Tamils –Radhakrishnan 1419
- Rajapaksa sought advice from McGuinness– Indika Perera 2537
- I will lead SLFP to victory in future elections – President 1929
- Hang the ‘traitors’– RTD. REAR ADMIRAL WEERASEKARA 2318
- We oppose Nationalism and Federalism – Samarasinghe 3031
- SilkAir launches direct flights to Colombo 1866
- Rupee falls on thin volumes 1810
- SriLankan, Japan Airlines add new routes 1831
- Colombo Port box volume up 5.6-pct in Jan 1808
- Private sector to transform into main domestic growth engine 1838
- Oil eases from 5-week top, rising US production weighs 1800
- Tight fiscal and monetary policies constrain SL’s growth 1818
- Shell admits dealing with money launderer 1818
- Toshiba may sell chip business to Foxconn for $27bn 1814
- Asian shares pressured by geopolitical risks; Nikkei down 0.25% 1808
- SLIM launches Certificate in Digital Marketing 1812
- Microsoft Hosts Second ‘Device Day’ in Sri Lanka 1815
- Emirates named Best Airline in the World 1806
- Turkish Airlines and social media assist Somalia 1804
- Brain cell therapy ‘promising’ for Parkinson’s disease 1811
- Trump pushed into bombing Syria 1857
- Thailand discovers Power of Women Travellers 1825
- Economics of gambling 1707
- Trans National Aural Identity 3392
- Queen Anula The Shadow of Cleopatra 3418
- Poetry and its possibilities Part 2 3434
- The Enigma of Labyrinths 3545
- From Couture to Kutir 3427
- Hybrid Sources 4830
- Offering Riddles & Enigmas 4886
- Poetry and its possibilities 4925
- With a festive bang! 1047
- Easter Fun 1036
- Arrogance and crowing is the way of the doomed 1069
- Avurudu on the streets 1084
- Tick control 1062
- Sunny Sunday on the beach 1056
- It’s time to save the world 1118
- From viewer to YouTuber! 1119
- Expert skincare and makeup 1142
- Avurudu at Induruwa 1106
- Exo 1132
- Remembering our fallen heroes 2224