Park Jimin is the lead vocalist and main dancer of seven-member South Korean boy band BTS (Bangtan Boys) under Big Hit Entertainment.
13 October 1995
Park Jihyun (younger brother)
l He is a big fan of BIGBANG's Taeyang and wants to become like him.
l He is known as one of the most talkative members of BTS.
l His favourite number is 3.
l Jimin knows a lot when it comes to skin care.
l His favourite colours are Light Blue and black.
l Jimin always felt really sorry about kicking his members so hard during the "No More Dream" performances.
l Jimin practices whenever he has free time and he has an addiction to practicing.
l Jimin likes it if the weather is sunny and cool, wearing earphones while listening to music that gives a good feeling.
l Jimin generally solves his problem by himself. If he can't solve it, he will share his worries with V.
l For Jimin, Bangtan is another family that allowed him to reach his longtime dream.
l Jimin thinks most people like Iron Man, so his favourite from the Avengers is Hulk.
l Comic books influenced him a lot.
He was born in Busan, South Korea. In 8th grade, Jimin started to learn the dance style of popping. After watching Rain's performances, he became interested in becoming a performer as well. He told his parents about it, and they approved it happily.
He studied at Busan High School of Arts in the Modern Dance Department at which he was a top student. His teacher had suggested auditionng for an entertainment company. He auditioned for Big Hit Entertainment with the song, "I Have a Lover" during Big Hit Entertainment's 'Hit It' auditions in Busan in 2011. It was his first ever audition, and he got accepted. He moved to Seoul after becoming a trainee at Big Hit, and continued his studies with fellow BTS member and then trainee, V, at the Korea Arts High School. He also attended Global Cyber University. He trained for a year before debuting with BTS.
Half a year prior to debut, the members began building their name and creating a relationship with fans through Twitter, video blogs, fancafe posts, and by releasing various song covers via YouTube and SoundCloud. BTS debuted on 13 June 2013, with the song "No More Dream" from their first album, 2 Cool 4 Skool, for which they won several "New Artist of the Year" awards. The rooose to stardom continuesly and have multiple awards, chart toppers and songs that chart internationally as well.
Lyrically Jimin has co-written the lyrics for "Boyz with Fun" in their The Most Beautiful Moment in Life trilogy and the the Japanese version of the same son in their second Japanese studio album Youth. During the recent Wings album and their subsequesnt repackage, You Never Walk Alone, Jimin co-wrote the lyrics to his solo song "Lie".
Jimin has been praised for his dancing since before he debuted. He has had many oppertunities to showcase his talents as a member of BTS and during collaborations and solo performances at variouse award shows.
- China to provide 90 water bowsers worth Rs 1b 2291
- Wag the Dog 2288
- A brief look at FARC’s origins in Colombia 2235
- ‘Panama Papers’ bags Pulitzer 2258
- SAITM will cooperate with Govt 2262
- dead man was near fashion mall 2300
- Japanese MPs back Lanka’s development 2264
- CB Bond earnings whitewashed – JVP 2273
- Talks to extend Lanka’s Continental Shelf 2282
- Ex-DIG and son re-remanded 2274
- Government can be sent home 2814
- GMOA flogging SAITM for Mahinda– Rajitha 2282
- Ranil invites Japan to invest in S. Asia 2250
- Somali Pirates’ Captives Back Home 2267
- Customs in Rs 8 M bust 2261
- Redefining Rape 2431
- The march of folly Our mad Cabinet system 1912
- First adventures in Europe 1998
- Inspiration for writers 1969
- Sri Lanka’s sustainable development dream 2285
- Sinhala and Tamil New Year with Easter 2167
- Filipino Oconer wins overall title 1903
- Unsporty conduct by Joes 1954
- Bertie Wijesinghe, pre-Test era Sri Lankan cricketer, dies aged 96 1927
- CEAT revs up for 2017 1918
- Palace shock Arsenal 1891
- Argentina fire coach Bauza 1913
- BCCI postpones SGM to 18 April 1883
- Murray returns from injury 1903
- New mum Azarenka to return to WTA 1861
- Galle win by 188 runs 1873
- Keeping Cool 1901
- Do the right thing and do it now! 1906
- Ravi Jayewardene Pious son of a political giant 2502
- In the heart of the old country 2325
- Sarath Weerasekera’s Geneva adventure 2153
- No moral right to play with public funds 2084
- No need for fine if route permits are issued in fair, just manner 1998
- UDA incurs Rs 330M Loss 1922
- DOUSING A MEGA SHIP FIRE 1740
- Health authorities in denial? 2226
- Minorities’ frustration a powder keg – VIDURA 2249
- Administrative powers a must for the Plantation Tamils –Radhakrishnan 1504
- Rajapaksa sought advice from McGuinness– Indika Perera 2650
- I will lead SLFP to victory in future elections – President 2029
- Hang the ‘traitors’– RTD. REAR ADMIRAL WEERASEKARA 2441
- We oppose Nationalism and Federalism – Samarasinghe 3104
- SilkAir launches direct flights to Colombo 1964
- Rupee falls on thin volumes 1937
- SriLankan, Japan Airlines add new routes 1924
- Colombo Port box volume up 5.6-pct in Jan 1919
- Private sector to transform into main domestic growth engine 1926
- Oil eases from 5-week top, rising US production weighs 1889
- Tight fiscal and monetary policies constrain SL’s growth 1917
- Shell admits dealing with money launderer 1898
- Toshiba may sell chip business to Foxconn for $27bn 1908
- Asian shares pressured by geopolitical risks; Nikkei down 0.25% 1892
- SLIM launches Certificate in Digital Marketing 1895
- Microsoft Hosts Second ‘Device Day’ in Sri Lanka 1896
- Emirates named Best Airline in the World 1877
- Turkish Airlines and social media assist Somalia 1897
- Brain cell therapy ‘promising’ for Parkinson’s disease 1891
- Trump pushed into bombing Syria 1951
- Thailand discovers Power of Women Travellers 1917
- Economics of gambling 1823
- Trans National Aural Identity 3479
- Queen Anula The Shadow of Cleopatra 3540
- Poetry and its possibilities Part 2 3540
- The Enigma of Labyrinths 3631
- From Couture to Kutir 3529
- Hybrid Sources 4919
- Offering Riddles & Enigmas 4982
- Poetry and its possibilities 5037
- With a festive bang! 1140
- Easter Fun 1130
- Arrogance and crowing is the way of the doomed 1178
- Avurudu on the streets 1187
- Tick control 1169
- Sunny Sunday on the beach 1148
- It’s time to save the world 1196
- From viewer to YouTuber! 1216
- Expert skincare and makeup 1238
- Avurudu at Induruwa 1206
- Exo 1234
- Remembering our fallen heroes 2324