Park Jimin is the lead vocalist and main dancer of seven-member South Korean boy band BTS (Bangtan Boys) under Big Hit Entertainment.
13 October 1995
Park Jihyun (younger brother)
l He is a big fan of BIGBANG's Taeyang and wants to become like him.
l He is known as one of the most talkative members of BTS.
l His favourite number is 3.
l Jimin knows a lot when it comes to skin care.
l His favourite colours are Light Blue and black.
l Jimin always felt really sorry about kicking his members so hard during the "No More Dream" performances.
l Jimin practices whenever he has free time and he has an addiction to practicing.
l Jimin likes it if the weather is sunny and cool, wearing earphones while listening to music that gives a good feeling.
l Jimin generally solves his problem by himself. If he can't solve it, he will share his worries with V.
l For Jimin, Bangtan is another family that allowed him to reach his longtime dream.
l Jimin thinks most people like Iron Man, so his favourite from the Avengers is Hulk.
l Comic books influenced him a lot.
He was born in Busan, South Korea. In 8th grade, Jimin started to learn the dance style of popping. After watching Rain's performances, he became interested in becoming a performer as well. He told his parents about it, and they approved it happily.
He studied at Busan High School of Arts in the Modern Dance Department at which he was a top student. His teacher had suggested auditionng for an entertainment company. He auditioned for Big Hit Entertainment with the song, "I Have a Lover" during Big Hit Entertainment's 'Hit It' auditions in Busan in 2011. It was his first ever audition, and he got accepted. He moved to Seoul after becoming a trainee at Big Hit, and continued his studies with fellow BTS member and then trainee, V, at the Korea Arts High School. He also attended Global Cyber University. He trained for a year before debuting with BTS.
Half a year prior to debut, the members began building their name and creating a relationship with fans through Twitter, video blogs, fancafe posts, and by releasing various song covers via YouTube and SoundCloud. BTS debuted on 13 June 2013, with the song "No More Dream" from their first album, 2 Cool 4 Skool, for which they won several "New Artist of the Year" awards. The rooose to stardom continuesly and have multiple awards, chart toppers and songs that chart internationally as well.
Lyrically Jimin has co-written the lyrics for "Boyz with Fun" in their The Most Beautiful Moment in Life trilogy and the the Japanese version of the same son in their second Japanese studio album Youth. During the recent Wings album and their subsequesnt repackage, You Never Walk Alone, Jimin co-wrote the lyrics to his solo song "Lie".
Jimin has been praised for his dancing since before he debuted. He has had many oppertunities to showcase his talents as a member of BTS and during collaborations and solo performances at variouse award shows.
- China to provide 90 water bowsers worth Rs 1b 2435
- Wag the Dog 2397
- A brief look at FARC’s origins in Colombia 2354
- ‘Panama Papers’ bags Pulitzer 2376
- SAITM will cooperate with Govt 2408
- dead man was near fashion mall 2416
- Japanese MPs back Lanka’s development 2393
- CB Bond earnings whitewashed – JVP 2389
- Talks to extend Lanka’s Continental Shelf 2401
- Ex-DIG and son re-remanded 2407
- Government can be sent home 2955
- GMOA flogging SAITM for Mahinda– Rajitha 2412
- Ranil invites Japan to invest in S. Asia 2361
- Somali Pirates’ Captives Back Home 2377
- Customs in Rs 8 M bust 2382
- Redefining Rape 2680
- The march of folly Our mad Cabinet system 2013
- First adventures in Europe 2111
- Inspiration for writers 2100
- Sri Lanka’s sustainable development dream 2686
- Sinhala and Tamil New Year with Easter 2290
- Filipino Oconer wins overall title 2025
- Unsporty conduct by Joes 2078
- Bertie Wijesinghe, pre-Test era Sri Lankan cricketer, dies aged 96 2033
- CEAT revs up for 2017 2062
- Palace shock Arsenal 2016
- Argentina fire coach Bauza 2026
- BCCI postpones SGM to 18 April 1995
- Murray returns from injury 2010
- New mum Azarenka to return to WTA 1971
- Galle win by 188 runs 1975
- Keeping Cool 2021
- Do the right thing and do it now! 2035
- Ravi Jayewardene Pious son of a political giant 2618
- In the heart of the old country 2441
- Sarath Weerasekera’s Geneva adventure 2279
- No moral right to play with public funds 2229
- No need for fine if route permits are issued in fair, just manner 2170
- UDA incurs Rs 330M Loss 2068
- DOUSING A MEGA SHIP FIRE 1877
- Health authorities in denial? 2383
- Minorities’ frustration a powder keg – VIDURA 2367
- Administrative powers a must for the Plantation Tamils –Radhakrishnan 1634
- Rajapaksa sought advice from McGuinness– Indika Perera 2799
- I will lead SLFP to victory in future elections – President 2158
- Hang the ‘traitors’– RTD. REAR ADMIRAL WEERASEKARA 2614
- We oppose Nationalism and Federalism – Samarasinghe 3218
- SilkAir launches direct flights to Colombo 2097
- Rupee falls on thin volumes 2047
- SriLankan, Japan Airlines add new routes 2031
- Colombo Port box volume up 5.6-pct in Jan 2042
- Private sector to transform into main domestic growth engine 2041
- Oil eases from 5-week top, rising US production weighs 2012
- Tight fiscal and monetary policies constrain SL’s growth 2041
- Shell admits dealing with money launderer 2019
- Toshiba may sell chip business to Foxconn for $27bn 2023
- Asian shares pressured by geopolitical risks; Nikkei down 0.25% 2004
- SLIM launches Certificate in Digital Marketing 2020
- Microsoft Hosts Second ‘Device Day’ in Sri Lanka 2015
- Emirates named Best Airline in the World 1982
- Turkish Airlines and social media assist Somalia 2017
- Brain cell therapy ‘promising’ for Parkinson’s disease 2012
- Trump pushed into bombing Syria 2075
- Thailand discovers Power of Women Travellers 2052
- Economics of gambling 1981
- Trans National Aural Identity 3602
- Queen Anula The Shadow of Cleopatra 3689
- Poetry and its possibilities Part 2 3677
- The Enigma of Labyrinths 3752
- From Couture to Kutir 3670
- Hybrid Sources 5049
- Offering Riddles & Enigmas 5086
- Poetry and its possibilities 5213
- With a festive bang! 1264
- Easter Fun 1262
- Arrogance and crowing is the way of the doomed 1302
- Avurudu on the streets 1313
- Tick control 1351
- Sunny Sunday on the beach 1272
- It’s time to save the world 1301
- From viewer to YouTuber! 1349
- Expert skincare and makeup 1349
- Avurudu at Induruwa 1331
- Exo 1358
- Remembering our fallen heroes 2438