Park Jimin is the lead vocalist and main dancer of seven-member South Korean boy band BTS (Bangtan Boys) under Big Hit Entertainment.
13 October 1995
Park Jihyun (younger brother)
l He is a big fan of BIGBANG's Taeyang and wants to become like him.
l He is known as one of the most talkative members of BTS.
l His favourite number is 3.
l Jimin knows a lot when it comes to skin care.
l His favourite colours are Light Blue and black.
l Jimin always felt really sorry about kicking his members so hard during the "No More Dream" performances.
l Jimin practices whenever he has free time and he has an addiction to practicing.
l Jimin likes it if the weather is sunny and cool, wearing earphones while listening to music that gives a good feeling.
l Jimin generally solves his problem by himself. If he can't solve it, he will share his worries with V.
l For Jimin, Bangtan is another family that allowed him to reach his longtime dream.
l Jimin thinks most people like Iron Man, so his favourite from the Avengers is Hulk.
l Comic books influenced him a lot.
He was born in Busan, South Korea. In 8th grade, Jimin started to learn the dance style of popping. After watching Rain's performances, he became interested in becoming a performer as well. He told his parents about it, and they approved it happily.
He studied at Busan High School of Arts in the Modern Dance Department at which he was a top student. His teacher had suggested auditionng for an entertainment company. He auditioned for Big Hit Entertainment with the song, "I Have a Lover" during Big Hit Entertainment's 'Hit It' auditions in Busan in 2011. It was his first ever audition, and he got accepted. He moved to Seoul after becoming a trainee at Big Hit, and continued his studies with fellow BTS member and then trainee, V, at the Korea Arts High School. He also attended Global Cyber University. He trained for a year before debuting with BTS.
Half a year prior to debut, the members began building their name and creating a relationship with fans through Twitter, video blogs, fancafe posts, and by releasing various song covers via YouTube and SoundCloud. BTS debuted on 13 June 2013, with the song "No More Dream" from their first album, 2 Cool 4 Skool, for which they won several "New Artist of the Year" awards. The rooose to stardom continuesly and have multiple awards, chart toppers and songs that chart internationally as well.
Lyrically Jimin has co-written the lyrics for "Boyz with Fun" in their The Most Beautiful Moment in Life trilogy and the the Japanese version of the same son in their second Japanese studio album Youth. During the recent Wings album and their subsequesnt repackage, You Never Walk Alone, Jimin co-wrote the lyrics to his solo song "Lie".
Jimin has been praised for his dancing since before he debuted. He has had many oppertunities to showcase his talents as a member of BTS and during collaborations and solo performances at variouse award shows.
- PEB to manage SOEs - Kabir 3422
- The other side of the story 3432
- First Ambassador of SL accredited to Principality of Andorra 3411
- Entrance test in Colombo on 21 May 3419
- A fair and expeditious solution 3419
- Anti-imperialist coalition now steadier than ever 3421
- Dramatic comeback for Europe 3433
- Turkish Thorn in EU’s side 3417
- Judges probing Bond scam threatened 3434
- Only 63.2% utilized – Ranil 3429
- UK officially exits from EU 3413
- Weerawansa admitted to Nat. Hospital 3414
- Monkey robs British student’s phone 3430
- Around 800,000 suffer from depression 3412
- Will meet when time is right 3416
- Freedom fighter or terrorist? 3208
- Fond memories 3189
- In pursuit of A dream 3186
- The farce and folly of the UNHRC 3244
- The deluge we caused in Geneva 3481
- Tragedy of the common class 3141
- I’ve got my day job back- Sharapova 2856
- CPCA conducts coaching programme 2844
- RTC ALL SET FOR A GALLOPING APRIL SEASON 2842
- Sinhawansa new General Secretary 2846
- Event successfully conducted on 18/19 March 2838
- Brazil book World Cup berth 2841
- Top-seed Wawrinka ousted 2837
- Aussie media slam 'classless' Kohli 2838
- Former England keeper Read to retire 2832
- South Africa 'saved by rain' 2831
- India’s Yogi Chief Minister 2533
- The roles people play Prioritizing Sex & Gender 3262
- Typical double standards & hypocrisy 3112
- Main cause of kidney diseases 3122
- ‘Posh Pooches’ to be lavished with love 3058
- Preventive measures 3035
- Opening a can of worms 3096
- COMPOUNDED MISERY 3591
- Forefathers of Tamils of SL were original inhabitants of this Country 3856
- Jaffna Prepares for Chronic Kidney Disease 3447
- North wanted to send 1,000 participants – Shantha Bandara 3085
- India should leave SL alone– Dr. Sudarshini Fernandopulle 3707
- International mechanism will try LTTE cadres again – Thulasi 3371
- Rewarded for sensitizing rights of the disabled 3256
- Foreign Judges can hear cases – Niran Anketell 3196
- We await President’s response – Gemunu 3252
- Jade Restaurants brings unbeatable seasonal offers 2609
- SRI LANKA’S FIRST TAXI METER WITH PRINTER INTRODUCED 2709
- Munchee treat for Sri Pada pilgrims 2606
- LAND ROVER DISCOVERY WITH DRONE TO HELP RED CROSS 2613
- Why Brexit is best for Britain 2612
- ‘BOC Triple Wasi’ produces 125 lucky winners 2612
- Avurudu discounts from retailers for 2620
- High rates and gifts for Avurudu from Pan Asia 2618
- DFCC Bank’s ‘Avurudu Hat-Trick’ offers season’s best rewards 2619
- Cinnamon TBCasia sets benchmark at ITB Berlin 2611
- Softlogic opens Burger King and Softlogic Max in Ja-Ela 2612
- Keells Super partners Institute of Post Harvest Technology 2619
- Singer Mega launches ‘Singer Mega Millionaire’ promotion 2613
- Global Housing & Real Estate commences Marriott project 2616
- London Stock Exchange-Deutsche Boerse deal blocked by EU 2619
- Domestic succumbs to burn injuries 2543
- The crisis in Parliament: Twilight of a functioning democracy 3524
- Mispriced Risk of Infectious Diseases 2459
- Musicalisation of Narrative 5193
- The Many Faces of Galle -Part 2 5232
- Footpaths Towards Deconstruction- Part 14 5202
- Afternoon Shadows 5209
- Living up to ideals 5379
- Clash of the Titans in Nuwara Eliya 5254
- Musicalized Version of Nostalgia 5476
- The Many Faces of Galle 6343
- The plight of our corals 1756
- India’s largest international décor mall launched in Bangalore 1735
- The games gods and politicians play 1726
- A challenged life 1721
- The Threshold: Patching up our privileged defeats 1791
- Animal assisted therapy 1719
- Empowering vocational studies 1835
- Your dream gaming machine 1843
- An enchanting remake 1841
- Refreshingly delicious 1836
- Xiumin 1845
- Batteries to firebombs 1354
Weather today 765