SLIM launches Certificate in Digital Marketing
The Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM), the national body for marketing unveiled Sri Lanka's pioneering certificate course in digital marketing (CDM) on 11 March at the Kingsbury Hotel.
Digital marketing or data-driven marketing plays a leading role in today's challenging global marketing arena. SLIM has designed this digital marketing certificate course (CDM) to suit marketers and non-marketers.
The CDM thus is the newest innovative product in SLIM's product portfolio. The three-month programme consists of three modules.
At the inauguration, the new batch of students were made aware of the CDM curricular and the value it could bestow on persons engaged in marketing products and brands. Participants who graced the occasion represented a cross section of young employees, marketing practitioners, corporate and public sector middle managers, non-marketers, entrepreneurs and SLIM students.
Intake for the SLIM - CDM programme were now open and students will follow the course at the SLIM Business Schools in Colombo and Kandy.
Digital marketing, which promotes products or brands via digital medium differs from traditional marketing as it involves the use of channels and methods which enable an organization to analyze marketing campaigns and understand what is working and what isn't, typically in real time. Digital marketing facilitates customer relationships across all channels; both digital and traditional, and thus is an integrated approach towards marketing.
CDM is a preliminary course designed by SLIM to help students understand the fundamentals of various aspects of digital marketing and the online communication ecosystem. SLIM assumes candidates without preliminary marketing knowledge who are keen to gain digital marketing knowledge by following the CDM course.
The SLIM – CDM bestows on students,skills essential in planning, organizing, leading, controlling, and decision-making within the framework of digital marketing.
The CDM programme will be done with a blended focus on academic and professional orientation.
While fifty per cent of the content will emphasize on theoretical concepts, the remaining will focus on professional practices with project-based learning opportunities.
The special guest, Group Director/CEO of Ridgecrest and Founder of Tickets.lk, Sanath Fernando appreciated SLIM's endeavour to introduce the CDM program.
"Digital marketing is an essential requirement in the current marketing arena. It allows you to extract value from big data to make better business decisions faster. You need a consolidated view of customer preferences and expectations across all channels; web, social media, mobile, direct mail, point of sale, etc to have focused interaction. Digital marketing is the answer to that", he said.
He also added, "When I embarked on digital marketing there were no mentors to educate me on the subject. SLIM has done a great service by introducing this digital marketing program for Sri Lankans".
SLIM Vice President and Director/CEO of GAP Holdings, Pradeep Edward said SLIM has introduced the CDM program after thorough research.
"People with the know-how on digital marketing champion the current marketing sphere. Others are treated as laggards. The best marketing practitioners who hold senior positions in the corporate sectorwill lecture SLIM's CDM students. They will share industry experiences with students and their lectures will shed light on both local and international contexts", he said.
Edward also shed light on the wide spectrum of activities to which SLIM students are exposed to beyond marketing studies.
"The SLIM Students Council offers networking opportunities with peers/lecturers and to take part in National level events conducted by SLIM such as Brand Excellence, SLIM-NASCO, People's Awards,Emerging Marketers' Night, EFFIE and SLIM Toastmasters", he said.
SLIM CEO/Executive Director, Sanath Senanayake was of the opinion that SLIM – CDM course content, syllabus, text books cater to current industry requirements.
"Digital marketing helps marketers respond to and initiate dynamic customer interactions.The SLIM - CDM program has the right blend of group case studies and online MCQ examinations. SLIM is flexible to adapt to industry requirements and introduce courses such as the CDM from time to time. SLIM is dedicated to produce marketers who can rub shoulders in any competitive environment", he said.
The credible and value adding courses/training programs and the affordable prices of SLIM have made the marketing fraternity and the corporate sector in Sri Lanka perceive SLIM as an invaluable mentoring entity for over four decades. SLIM is dedicated to elevating the status of marketing in Sri Lanka.
- China to provide 90 water bowsers worth Rs 1b 2295
- Wag the Dog 2292
- A brief look at FARC’s origins in Colombia 2239
- ‘Panama Papers’ bags Pulitzer 2262
- SAITM will cooperate with Govt 2270
- dead man was near fashion mall 2304
- Japanese MPs back Lanka’s development 2268
- CB Bond earnings whitewashed – JVP 2278
- Talks to extend Lanka’s Continental Shelf 2289
- Ex-DIG and son re-remanded 2280
- Government can be sent home 2818
- GMOA flogging SAITM for Mahinda– Rajitha 2288
- Ranil invites Japan to invest in S. Asia 2257
- Somali Pirates’ Captives Back Home 2272
- Customs in Rs 8 M bust 2267
- Redefining Rape 2433
- The march of folly Our mad Cabinet system 1916
- First adventures in Europe 2002
- Inspiration for writers 1973
- Sri Lanka’s sustainable development dream 2301
- Sinhala and Tamil New Year with Easter 2172
- Filipino Oconer wins overall title 1908
- Unsporty conduct by Joes 1957
- Bertie Wijesinghe, pre-Test era Sri Lankan cricketer, dies aged 96 1932
- CEAT revs up for 2017 1922
- Palace shock Arsenal 1895
- Argentina fire coach Bauza 1919
- BCCI postpones SGM to 18 April 1889
- Murray returns from injury 1908
- New mum Azarenka to return to WTA 1864
- Galle win by 188 runs 1878
- Keeping Cool 1904
- Do the right thing and do it now! 1912
- Ravi Jayewardene Pious son of a political giant 2504
- In the heart of the old country 2330
- Sarath Weerasekera’s Geneva adventure 2155
- No moral right to play with public funds 2087
- No need for fine if route permits are issued in fair, just manner 2002
- UDA incurs Rs 330M Loss 1929
- DOUSING A MEGA SHIP FIRE 1744
- Health authorities in denial? 2230
- Minorities’ frustration a powder keg – VIDURA 2251
- Administrative powers a must for the Plantation Tamils –Radhakrishnan 1509
- Rajapaksa sought advice from McGuinness– Indika Perera 2655
- I will lead SLFP to victory in future elections – President 2032
- Hang the ‘traitors’– RTD. REAR ADMIRAL WEERASEKARA 2444
- We oppose Nationalism and Federalism – Samarasinghe 3110
- SilkAir launches direct flights to Colombo 1967
- Rupee falls on thin volumes 1941
- SriLankan, Japan Airlines add new routes 1930
- Colombo Port box volume up 5.6-pct in Jan 1923
- Private sector to transform into main domestic growth engine 1933
- Oil eases from 5-week top, rising US production weighs 1893
- Tight fiscal and monetary policies constrain SL’s growth 1920
- Shell admits dealing with money launderer 1902
- Toshiba may sell chip business to Foxconn for $27bn 1911
- Asian shares pressured by geopolitical risks; Nikkei down 0.25% 1897
- SLIM launches Certificate in Digital Marketing 1901
- Microsoft Hosts Second ‘Device Day’ in Sri Lanka 1900
- Emirates named Best Airline in the World 1881
- Turkish Airlines and social media assist Somalia 1902
- Brain cell therapy ‘promising’ for Parkinson’s disease 1895
- Trump pushed into bombing Syria 1956
- Thailand discovers Power of Women Travellers 1921
- Economics of gambling 1830
- Trans National Aural Identity 3486
- Queen Anula The Shadow of Cleopatra 3543
- Poetry and its possibilities Part 2 3544
- The Enigma of Labyrinths 3634
- From Couture to Kutir 3532
- Hybrid Sources 4925
- Offering Riddles & Enigmas 4987
- Poetry and its possibilities 5042
- With a festive bang! 1145
- Easter Fun 1134
- Arrogance and crowing is the way of the doomed 1183
- Avurudu on the streets 1191
- Tick control 1173
- Sunny Sunday on the beach 1153
- It’s time to save the world 1199
- From viewer to YouTuber! 1219
- Expert skincare and makeup 1242
- Avurudu at Induruwa 1210
- Exo 1237
- Remembering our fallen heroes 2327