Trump pushed into bombing Syria
WITH RAVI LADDUWAHETTY
"In the face of such heinous war crimes, all civilized people must speak with one voice. That is why Canada fully supports the United States' limited, focused action to degrade the Assad regime's ability to launch such attacks."
– Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada
United States President Donald J. Trump has had no choice but to bomb Syria. He was set up and pushed into doing it. If it was a set up job, it cannot be Russia. Trump was going soft on Russia and Russia was backing Syrian President Bashar al- Assad who is the Head of State of the Syrian Arab Republic. He is vested with sweeping powers that may be delegated, at his sole discretion, to his Vice Presidents. He appoints and dismisses the Prime Minister and other members of the Council of Ministers (the Cabinet) and military officers. The period of his term is seven years, and renewable just once.
The segments of people who were very unhappy about these developments were the Neo- Conservatives of the United States, the string Jewish Lobby and their ancillary supporters. They were agitated that Trump was getting close to Russia and that Russia was supporting Assad. So, the strategy was to break the sympathy for Russia.
The US closed in on Syria, when they are alleged to have used chemical weapons. The allegation was that the chemical weapons were in the hands of the rebels and the Assad Government bombed the rebels.
The US lobbies, the Neo Conservatives and the Jews who have wanted to separate Trump and Russia, have attained their goals!
So, the happiest outside the US, would be Israel and the US-based Neo Conservatives who would have assumed that Trump and Putin may have been torn asunder.
Russia likely to counter
On the contrary, Russia is also not likely to take it lying down. They will be waiting to unleash some terror on the US.
This might not escalate to the level of a possible World War III. But tensions in the Middle East and the Gulf are bound to increase rapidly. So, who will benefit by that?
US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Hayley, a neophyte in multilateral matters, one season was seen bustling around, literally holding her hands and so on, as she arrived to assume post at a world class multilateral farce.
Thus she appears to have become the latest mouth piece for Neo Conservatives, for the time being. And, the empire under POTUS45 appear to have assumed typical Hollywood style John Wayne skit on the surface to handle external affairs following an invented gas attack, leading to recent demo with Tomahawk Block IV missiles, incidentally with limited shelf life as Brigadier Munasinghe observed. Naturally therefore a need to replenish Tomahawk stockpiles with new product!
Brief recap of timeline to events
March 27th - Syrian militias armed by different parts of the US war machine have begun to fight each other on the plains between the besieged city of Aleppo and the Turkish border, highlighting how little control U.S. intelligence officers and military planners have over the groups they have financed and trained in the bitter five-year-old civil war...
March 30th - Indicating a possible shift in US policy on the war in Syria from the days of the Barack Obama administration, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on a trip to Turkey, that the "longer-term status of President Assad will be decided by the Syrian people.".
...And in New York, US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley was even stronger about the Trump administration's decision not to push for Assad's departure. "Our priority is no longer to sit and focus on getting Assad out," Haley told wire reporters Thursday, according to AFP. "Do we think he's a hindrance? Yes," she said. "Are we going to sit there and focus on getting him out? No."
April 4th - The CNN Anchor is left speechless after a congressman questions Syria chemical attack narrative. It should be noted that the free media anchor's expression snapping to attention the instant she realizes Massie is doubting pre arranged dogma?
Expressions on diehard greenish Colombites when chain of command related to 'foremost daylight robbery' for Lanka is referred to, let alone accepting such a robbery happened?
"Sometimes People do not want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed!"-
April 5th - Russia stands by Syria at UN over chemical weapons attack. Syria has already turned over its entire chemical stockpile under a deal negotiated by Russia and the US, in a process overseen by the supervision of the Organizationfor the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)...
April 6th - Tillerson: 'Steps Are Under Way' to Remove Assad From Power in Syria
April 8th - Here is my take on Syrian airstrike, not what you think... Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik, MD, PhD.
Recognize Dr. Pieczenik is operating on professional psychiatrist mode to intended audience, namely inhabitants of the empire?
Although he illustrates certain elements not quite visible in the frenzied flood of analyses pumped out by organs of free media,
Dr. Pieczenik studiously avoids to dwell on ground reality associated to 'adversarial party' alluded to in his narrative.
That is fact that the combined offensive/defensive capacity attained by the middle kingdom and her northern ally far ahead of the empire. Days of asserting hegemony through mammoth floating fortresses, contraptions flying or hissing in the air, massed formations of men and war paraphernalia and so on, long gone, plays no useful role other than to create an illusion besides inflicting prearranged pot-shots as in Syrian theatre. Look around, relevant info is out there to those who wish to seek.
Besides politically motivated moves, POTUS45 appear to be playing a deadly game of Russian roulette with elements entrenched in the deep State system within which a community of white hats appear to be supporting him.
Slightest misstep by, either party and the world would experience that which no inhabitant on earth had ever experienced before within contemporary reality. Faced with such uncertainty in the days and months ahead, we need a time tested team in a lean and mean formation back in the saddle ASAP, dispersing monumentally incompetent regime change actors installed by powers that were to accomplish, exactly that which they have attained in destroyed societies such as Ukraine, Iraq, Libya and others. By the way, Putin graciously restored that were stolen by Colonials recently. Was he saying something in typical ruskie style?
Demographics expert says No labour shortage in Sri Lanka Importing foreign workers will lead to tension
- Managing the US-Thailand Alliance in the Trump Era
- Don’t play games with youth
- Call to provide DF vehicles for migrant workers
- SAITM Controversy:BASL will inform GMOA on stance Dr. Aluthge
- Implementation of Research Programme SL and India sign 2nd PoC
- Pakistan’s Foreign Secretary to visit SL
- NBRO warns of floods if rains continue
- Veteran TULF politician Soosaithasan’s funeral today
- TNA seeks fiscal powers in new Constitution N&E PCs should be integrated - Sumanthiran
- New laws to curb poaching Rs 100m fine and no bail – Amaraweera
- TPA wants local polls delayed Seeks more PS Offices in N’Eliya
- New Constitution draws flak Country heading for Federalism – MR
- Namal, 7 others out on bail
- Treasury Bonds Probe PTL and EPF officials cost CBSL billions – Banking Expert
- Hotels face tough time Drop in tourist arrivals predicted
- Military Stalemate: How North Korea could win a war with the US
- What Is the Tatmadaw’s Plan for the Rohingya?
- Inadequate pay stunts female labour force
- Strike cost Railway Dept Rs 12 M
- Lanka paying back Mahinda’s debts Gift from the past regime -Ranil
- CEB subsidiary in illegal name change VAC to lodge complaint with CIABOC
- Two held at BIA with Wallapatta, phones
- Taiwanese investigators leave SL
- 100,000 persons put on landslide alert Red notice for Ratnapura and Galle DMC
- SAITM issue a ‘public headache’ -Prelates Want President, PM to provide solution
- Pakistan confident Sri Lanka will come
- Pakistan struggling
- Top seeds through to 2nd round
- Dialog Champions League Navy SC face Negombo SC today
- Cane inks long-term deal with All Blacks
- NZ Rugby to assist SL Rugby
- Singer Cup’ U-19 Schools Cricket 22 wickets fall in one day
- Hatton wins second straight title in Italy
- Indonesian goalkeeper dies after mid-game collision
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-13 Division I Schools Cricket Hasaranga shines with bat and ball
- Dressing up for Test cricket
- Sri Lanka ‘A’ Team win Zia-Ul-Haq Trophy
- De Kock, Amla trump Mushfiqur century
- 'It's war' - Warner driven by hatred for Ashes
- Rooney rides to Everton's rescue
- All Island Schools Games 2017 Twins Aruna and Pasindu shine for top awards
- Dovizioso wins Japan thriller
- Federer beats great rival Nadal to win Shanghai Masters
- Red Bull MotoGP™ Rookies Cup Jaden and Aaron invited to Spain
- Surarez saves Barca’s unbeaten record
- Grasping the term ‘Memorandum of Understanding’
- Ashok Leyland turnover up 49% to 7.2 B in 1H 2017
- ‘Spot’ Holds
- Spotlight : Sri Lanka’s Hotel Sector
- SLIDA wins Green Energy Champion 2017
- Nations Trust Bank launches Flexi Deposit Scheme
- BOC to reward foreign remittances
- Atlas Axillia wins big at 2017 NCQP Awards
- Emirates launches $15 M campaign to promote Dubai Set to iconic soundtrack by Queen, campaign features airline’s global network and onboard product
- DLB ‘Kotipathi Shanida’ produces another millionaire
- Brandix launches 2017 Blood Drive Marks 10th year as major corporate donor
- SHARP electronic products now exclusively from SINGER
- LAUGFS Gas celebrates two years in Bangladesh
- Asia markets close higher on China inflation data
- Fitch gives CEB top credit rating
- Singapore FTA talks commence
- New Inland Revenue Act not so friendly PwC
- Further liberalization needed for economic hub status German Ambassador highlights apparel as success story
- Ceylon Chamber appoints new Chief Economist
- Rupee makes pyrrhic gains
- A frightening future for Sri Lankans
- Government lethargy in protecting our forces
- Where is Sri Lanka heading?
- Securing Sri Lanka’s maritime boundaries:Russian Gepard 5.1 Class Frigates
- Sri Lanka and International Conventions - Part 1 Debasement of our legislative process
- Ahikuntika community of Sri Lanka Diminishing cultural traits
- Beware of drones!
- Anti-SAITM protests a political gimmick?
- Death of Subramaniam Haran ‘Police had no option’ Ticino police chief
- President jolts security detail Confronts Jaffna protesters
- Would like more Pradeshiya Sabhas for N’Eliya-Radhakrishnan
- Skills mismatch a massive economic cost Education system must be reformed
- Federalism is the antithesis of separatism Wiggy
- Kiriella has no right to ask me not to speak-Handunnetti
- We want China to be transparent in its intent– US Rear Admiral Don Gabrielson
- UNHRC Resolution 30/1 Implications for Sri Lanka (Part II) (Based on a presentation to the OPA)
- Electoral Reforms are for People’s Benefit
- Managing perception with international community
- An Aspirant to the Throne of Hearts-Virajini Thennekoon
- The latest addition to the Galle Hospitality industry
- Best Hikes in Sri Lanka
- What went wrong at the Apple Inc. iPhone X demo?
- NASA's spacecraft makes death plunge into Saturn
- Salient points of horoscope Assessment
- KARMIC CONNECTIONS IN THE BIRTH CHARTS 2
- Dream of travelling abroad?
- Mystery behind Osama bin Laden explained
- Three poses to relieve trauma
- Socio-economic developments from critical perspective
- KAZUO ISHIGURO – THE NEW NOBEL LAUREATE
- The Fairway Galle Literary Festival 2018 –Internationally acclaimed authors to take part
- Portrayal of country and nature
- Resonant Field Imaging - a Marvel in Technology
- Shankar’s International Children’s Competition 2018
- Hindustani Violin recital
- Classical rendering of a masterly-crafted musical
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Making plus-sized clothing trendy
- Pyjamas go viral as well - Sharmila Srikumar
- Giving back to Society
- Double treat at Pinnawala
- Mental illness a health issue Replacing stigma with compassion
- Studying to be ahead