Super Provincial L/O Tournament Colombo and Dambulla win
Colombo and Dambulla won their matches against unbeaten Kandy and Galle in the SLC Super Provincial limited overs tournament at the NCC ground and Rangiri Dambulla Stadium yesterday.
Colombo beat points table leaders Kandy by a comprehensive 106 runs and Dambulla beat Galle by one wicket.
Kandy is leading the points table with 8 points and Colombo were second with 7 points, Dambulla third with 6 points and Galle last with 5 points.
At NCC grounds
Colombo win by 106 runs.
Electing to bat first Colombo scored 288 runs for 8 wickets in 50 overs. Skipper Dinesh Chandimal scored 76 runs in 77 balls with 5 boundaries and 2 sixes. Opener Dilshan Munaweera scored 52 runs in 55 balls with 6 boundaries and 2 sixes. Openers Dilshan Munaweera and Lahiru Thirimanne (49) put on a valuable 86 runs for first wicket. Dinesh Chandimal and Wanindu Hasaranga (49) were involved in a 103 runs stand for fifth wicket.
Nuwan Pradeep took 3 wickets for 56 runs and Charith Asalanka took 2 wickets for 32 runs.
Kandy were bowled out for 182 runs in 38 overs.
Sachith Pathirana scored 46 runs in 55 balls with 6 boundaries and a six, Chamara Kapugedera scored 36 runs. Pathirana and Kapugedera put on 74 runs for sixth wicket.
Wanindu Hasaranga took 3 wickets for 37 runs and Sachithra Senanayake took 3 wickets for 39 runs.
Colombo: 288/8 in 50 overs (Dinesh Chandimal 76, Dilshan Munaweera 52, Lahiru Thirimanne 49, Wanindu Hasaranga 49, Sachithra Senanayake 19, Nuwan Pradeep 3/56, Charith Asalanka 2/32)
Kandy: 182 in 38 overs (Sachith Pathirana 46, Chamara Kapugedera 36, Sandun Weerakkody 29, Chathura Peiris 19, Wanindu Hasaranga 3/37, Sachithra Senanayake 3/39, Dilshan Munaweera 2/18)
Dambulla win by one wicket
Galle won the toss and electing to bat scored 250 runs for 8 wickets in 50 overs. Chathuranga de Silva scored 56 runs and Seekkuge Prasanna scored 46 runs. Chathuranga de Silva and Seekkuge Prasanna put on 90 runs for seventh wicket. Suranga Lakmal (33*) and Chamika Karunarathne (24*) put on 58 runs for ninth wicket.
Milinda Siriwardane, Dilruwan Perera and Lahiru Kumara claimed two 2 wickets each.
In reply Dambulla scored 251 runs for 9 wickets in 50 overs. Harsha Cooray scored 46 runs and Milinda Siriwardane scored 39 runs. Udara Jayasundara and Ashan Priyanjana each got 33 runs.
Dambulla had three half century stands, openers Udara Jayasundara and Avishka Fernando (19) put on 58 runs, Harsha Cooray and Milinda Siriwardane added 60 runs for fifth wicket and Ashan Priyanjan and Dilruwan Perera (29) were involved in a 53 runs stand for seventh wicket.
Galle: 250/8 in 50 overs (Chathuranga de Silva 56, Seekkuge Prasanna 46, Suranga Lakmal 33 n.o., Upul Tharanga 26, Chamika Karunarathne 24 n.o., Dimuth Karunaratne 24, Milinda Siriwardena 2/18, Dilruwan Perera 2/28, Lahiru Kumara 2/52)
Dambulla: 251/9 in 50 overs (Harsha Cooray 46, Milinda Siriwardane 39, Udara Jayasundara 33, Ashan Priyanjan 33, Dilruwan Perera 29, Kusal Mendis 21, Avishka Fernando 19, Chamika Karunaratne 2/23, Chathuranga de Silva 2/36, Seekkuge Prasanna 2/47, Malinda Pushpakumara 2/47)
(Pix BY Tharaka Basnayaka)
- Govt to deploy 7,600 cops 3207
- CBSL retires Rs 64B T-Bills 3268
- Kamalsiri Executive of The Year 3140
- Maharaja stood resolute amidst State terror 3166
- The killing of Roshen Chanaka Lest we forget 3147
- Sri Lanka feels the heat 3152
- Alert against misusing Public Property 3139
- foreign currency smugglers nabbed at BIA 3146
- May Day tamashas aggravate garbage crisis 3137
- GMOA warns major strike action next week 2770
- Lanka, Iran discuss defence ties 2723
- US willing to hold direct talks with N. Korea 2719
- PAC slams dubious tax exemptions 2911
- Liquor shops closed on May Day 2717
- Gazette on Garbage in Parliament 2708
- Parliament and people’s sovereignty 2678
- A time of gifts Early involvements at Oxford 2658
- Snobbery: Endemic in society 2648
- May Day so different from what it was 2674
- BAN KI-MOON ALWAYS LENT A SYMPATHETIC EAR TO ME – Kohona 3639
- Meethotamulla tragedy GARBAGE and kickbackS 3592
- ACUSL AGM on 28 May 2263
- Nadal seals place in Barcelona Open semi-final 2261
- Rio Gold medalists Henderson, Rodgers in action in Taipei 2263
- Hamilton admits Vettel has advantage 2264
- Registrations are open now 2266
- Karachi may host international cricket stars again 2259
- Sharapova one win away 2263
- Western Province North record third win 2264
- Sri Lanka Rugby face reality check 2281
- Players stumped over fixture advisory request 2253
- Cultivation fund looted Compensation for farmers put on hold 3510
- crisis brewing in petroleum sector 3760
- Religious extremism spreads in maldives 3492
- Taming the Chinese dragon, Indian tiger and TUs 3516
- Waiting for a Meethotamulla repeat? 3494
- Vesak at the United Nations How it all happened 3534
- MURUNGA TO THE AID OF CKDU 2210
- Sri Lanka can’t remain aloof -Dipankar Banerjee 3256
- New French President to face global implications 3161
- Sand mining for Port City PMAPC slams NARA 3249
- Unholy alliance with UNP 1795
- JVP to sue govt for manslaughter 1787
- I like Russia’s war history– Uvindu Wijeweera 2496
- Sampanthan has forgotten his people’s grievanceS 2676
- Anoka’s Mangrove campaign 4682
- Ministry of Megapolis responsible for Meethotamulla TRAGEDY 3303
- Gateway Graduate School holds 2017 convocation 2270
- World renowned ‘Englander’ mattresses now in Sri Lanka 2265
- Honda sponsors Auto Vision for 3rd consecutive year 2263
- Swift construction moves Astoria towards timely completion 2268
- Kansai Paints launched in Sri Lanka 2265
- Blue Mountain completes 50th piling for ‘Achilleion’ 2270
- Poverty in Sri Lanka based on different poverty lines 2267
- Building breakthrough brands in the post-marketing age 2261
- Redefining the mobile industry in 5G 2265
- Not only weather to blame for tea production free fall 2262
- The Indian Ocean and the Sri Lankan economy 2269
- Ceylinco Insurance PLC records 275% dividend 2265
- LOLC Securities holds capital market and mobile app workshop 2271
- ATLAS ranked No. 1 ‘Most Loved Brand’ in Sri Lanka 2263
- LG K10 Review: The ultimate selfie experience 2262
- Who wants a new Constitution? 3899
- The New Constitution Creating divisions for democracy 1787
- What is Good Governance? 1697
- Forays into the World of Witchcraft, Black Magic, Curses and Demons 2626
- 6th International Conference of Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka (6th ICSUSL) 2642
- My First Art Class 2634
- Sinhala Tamil New Year Celebrations 2626
- Hindustani Vocal and Instrumental recital 2624
- Gregory Bateson and Communication Studies 2624
- Songs to Enlighten Lives 2624
- Modifying Culture 2622
- Taking yoga to a new height 1418
- Mixed Doubles – review English humour and a happy ending 1412
- Photographic tips from the expert 1416
- Jewel in the crown 1417
- Mixing oil and water 1416
- Shirley Temple 1416
- A night of music and innovation 1414
- Predictable But Entertaining 1411
- Affordable luxury’ 1421
- 21 records shattered 1414
- Uniting through music 1803
- Yunho 1791
Weather today 1131