Super Provincial L/O Tournament Colombo and Dambulla win
Colombo and Dambulla won their matches against unbeaten Kandy and Galle in the SLC Super Provincial limited overs tournament at the NCC ground and Rangiri Dambulla Stadium yesterday.
Colombo beat points table leaders Kandy by a comprehensive 106 runs and Dambulla beat Galle by one wicket.
Kandy is leading the points table with 8 points and Colombo were second with 7 points, Dambulla third with 6 points and Galle last with 5 points.
At NCC grounds
Colombo win by 106 runs.
Electing to bat first Colombo scored 288 runs for 8 wickets in 50 overs. Skipper Dinesh Chandimal scored 76 runs in 77 balls with 5 boundaries and 2 sixes. Opener Dilshan Munaweera scored 52 runs in 55 balls with 6 boundaries and 2 sixes. Openers Dilshan Munaweera and Lahiru Thirimanne (49) put on a valuable 86 runs for first wicket. Dinesh Chandimal and Wanindu Hasaranga (49) were involved in a 103 runs stand for fifth wicket.
Nuwan Pradeep took 3 wickets for 56 runs and Charith Asalanka took 2 wickets for 32 runs.
Kandy were bowled out for 182 runs in 38 overs.
Sachith Pathirana scored 46 runs in 55 balls with 6 boundaries and a six, Chamara Kapugedera scored 36 runs. Pathirana and Kapugedera put on 74 runs for sixth wicket.
Wanindu Hasaranga took 3 wickets for 37 runs and Sachithra Senanayake took 3 wickets for 39 runs.
Colombo: 288/8 in 50 overs (Dinesh Chandimal 76, Dilshan Munaweera 52, Lahiru Thirimanne 49, Wanindu Hasaranga 49, Sachithra Senanayake 19, Nuwan Pradeep 3/56, Charith Asalanka 2/32)
Kandy: 182 in 38 overs (Sachith Pathirana 46, Chamara Kapugedera 36, Sandun Weerakkody 29, Chathura Peiris 19, Wanindu Hasaranga 3/37, Sachithra Senanayake 3/39, Dilshan Munaweera 2/18)
Dambulla win by one wicket
Galle won the toss and electing to bat scored 250 runs for 8 wickets in 50 overs. Chathuranga de Silva scored 56 runs and Seekkuge Prasanna scored 46 runs. Chathuranga de Silva and Seekkuge Prasanna put on 90 runs for seventh wicket. Suranga Lakmal (33*) and Chamika Karunarathne (24*) put on 58 runs for ninth wicket.
Milinda Siriwardane, Dilruwan Perera and Lahiru Kumara claimed two 2 wickets each.
In reply Dambulla scored 251 runs for 9 wickets in 50 overs. Harsha Cooray scored 46 runs and Milinda Siriwardane scored 39 runs. Udara Jayasundara and Ashan Priyanjana each got 33 runs.
Dambulla had three half century stands, openers Udara Jayasundara and Avishka Fernando (19) put on 58 runs, Harsha Cooray and Milinda Siriwardane added 60 runs for fifth wicket and Ashan Priyanjan and Dilruwan Perera (29) were involved in a 53 runs stand for seventh wicket.
Galle: 250/8 in 50 overs (Chathuranga de Silva 56, Seekkuge Prasanna 46, Suranga Lakmal 33 n.o., Upul Tharanga 26, Chamika Karunarathne 24 n.o., Dimuth Karunaratne 24, Milinda Siriwardena 2/18, Dilruwan Perera 2/28, Lahiru Kumara 2/52)
Dambulla: 251/9 in 50 overs (Harsha Cooray 46, Milinda Siriwardane 39, Udara Jayasundara 33, Ashan Priyanjan 33, Dilruwan Perera 29, Kusal Mendis 21, Avishka Fernando 19, Chamika Karunaratne 2/23, Chathuranga de Silva 2/36, Seekkuge Prasanna 2/47, Malinda Pushpakumara 2/47)
(Pix BY Tharaka Basnayaka)
Solution must be acceptable to Tamils Separate State is not a reasonable request - Former Army Commander, General Gerry De Silva RWP, VSV, USP
If we join with the govt then the vote will tilt to the JVP or people will abstain from voting We have to form a new party!
- Moscow’s Middle East Resurgence
- How the UK Always Plays Ireland
- SEUSL gets a ‘Hela Bojun’ outlet
- BRT system could solve transport issues – Dr Gunaruwan
- Rajitha call for unity to eradicate malaria
- Foreign Investments strengthen Reserves
- Five arrested for attacking students
- Russian drowns in Hikkaduwa
- Inflation in 2017:Inclement weather to blame - CBSL
- Hasen Ali quits SLMC for UPA
- PC Amendment Act Bathiudeen unhappy
- Dayasiri blasts Janayugaya
- Recognizing Jerusalem as Israeli capital:SPPFA criticizes Trump
- Sriyani pledges to support President Quits JO due to neglect
- 25% Women representation Faiszer blasts opposing Ministers
- Most Ven. Prajnananda Maha Thero dead
- Railway strike to continue Talks with Kariyawasam not fruitful - Dodangoda
- Opposition failed to criticize Budget– Harsha
- Air Force X’mas Carols
- Prof. Hapuarachchi accepts responsibility, says: ‘Mawbima’ news item is correct
- Railway Unions adamant Despite essential service declaration
- UN’s CAT OP effective from 4 Jan
- H’tota Port officially handed over to China First tranche of US$ 294 M paid yesterday
- Supply of coconuts to Army Treasury faces huge loss
- Budget passed with 99 majority
- Lakmal stars in Sri Lanka’s victory
- Asia Rugby U-19 Hong Kong trounce Sri Lanka
- Premier League Club Cricket BRC and Colts win
- Dialog Champions League Emma scores hat-trick
- Army SC in hard fought win
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-19 Cricket Match drawn at Moratuwa
- 12th Singapore Nationals Lankan Synchro swimmers excel
- England draw warm-up match
- Shakib named new Bangladesh Test captain
- Dr. Lucas wins gold medals
- Truax shocks DeGale with majority decision
- Southee, Boult dominate for Kiwis
- James carries Cavs, Clippers edge Wizards
- Conte concedes title chances are gone
- Lowry-McDowell share lead
- MAS boxers dominate
- Turkey: Nearly 70 journalists on trial in one week
- Havelocks win a tight game
- Sri Lanka can rise to the occasion
- Singer Cup’ Under-19 Schools Cricket Rahula and S. Thomas’ win
- Fiscal Liability Act in Parliament in Jan
- First tranche of us$ 294 M for Hambantota Port Boost for foreign reserves, imports- cb Governor
- ‘Ports and Shipping Ministry ranked least efficient’
- Finance Company bad loans up 11.5%
- Dilshan Wirasekara elected to CSE Board
- The Jobs Numbers: US employers add 228,000 new jobs Last updated: 8 December 2017
- Stocks rally as dollar posts best week this year
- Nikkei leads Asia markets higher on Friday
- World Bank says Government lacks the will
- Lessons for WTO from EU’s ‘differentiated integration’
- Global powers lobby to stop ‘special’ Brexit deal
- WTO summit What you need to know
- US jobs growth stronger than expected
- WTO won’t survive Recognizing China as a Market Economy
- China has one big advantage
- Offline and online integration delightful customer journeys
- New investors for operational Port
- tea, rubber, spice exports to Korea soon President slams Diplomats for not promoting exports Says many countries aren’t aware SL produces tea, rubber Navin eyes 40% Chinese market share, from current 25%
- TI Cycles to buy two Lankan firms for $3.3M
- Two shortlisted for BOC’s new GM/CEO post
- Local Govt elections: Dilemma of the voter People get the leaders they deserve - Joseph de Maistre
- From stifling the freedom of expression A culture of accountability need of the hour To deal with the culture of impunity that pervades Sri Lankan institutions
- Concretes & Abstracts Pogrom in the Penitentiary & T.S. Elliot
- FRANCHISE DELAYED IS FRANCHISE DENIED
- Books the potent portable medium
- Sampanthan’s unique role
- United nations warns:No hasty returns of Rohingya to Myanmar!
- New Constitution Altering Territorial Boundaries
- Sale of migrants as slaves in Libya May be crime against humanity UN
- Trimble Inc land survey contract Surveyors cry foul, but accused of inefficiency
- Railway tracks cheaper than highways
- Delimitation process Public response quite low – Dr. K. Thavalingam
- Solution must be acceptable to Tamils Separate State is not a reasonable request - Former Army Commander, General Gerry De Silva RWP, VSV, USP
- We are moving forward whilst clashing with each other
- Transport systems Cheaper and efficient solutions needed – Prof. Kumarage
- Alleged human rights violations Lord Naseby defends Sri Lanka
- Tourists least concerned about liquor availability Reducing the price of beer a blunder! A gateway to all other drugs
- Plantar fasciitis That Intolerable Heel Ache
- Neecha Dosha of planets and how it is cancelled Neechabhanga Rajayoga
- Vastu defects and bathrooms
- Are you endowed with Pancha Maha PurushaYoga?
- God Aiyanayake: Guardian Deity of Jungle and Village
- Good thoughts eliminate bad planetary influence
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Two documentaries on Sri Lanka in Film South Asia 2017
- Politics of nostalgia
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Silvia Senanayake Dazzles at Mrs. Asia International
- Let’s Taco Colombo
- THE WRITER’S KITCHENNETTE MULLED WINE
- Hunger gnaws at Rohingya Children in camps
- Defeating IS Russia has ‘accomplished’ task
- Saudi Princess Ameera Aidan fights sex exploitation
- Hacking into the gate
- Review: A Bad Moms Christmas Relatable holiday humour
- A must watch superhero film!