Super Provincial L/O Tournament Colombo and Dambulla win
Colombo and Dambulla won their matches against unbeaten Kandy and Galle in the SLC Super Provincial limited overs tournament at the NCC ground and Rangiri Dambulla Stadium yesterday.
Colombo beat points table leaders Kandy by a comprehensive 106 runs and Dambulla beat Galle by one wicket.
Kandy is leading the points table with 8 points and Colombo were second with 7 points, Dambulla third with 6 points and Galle last with 5 points.
At NCC grounds
Colombo win by 106 runs.
Electing to bat first Colombo scored 288 runs for 8 wickets in 50 overs. Skipper Dinesh Chandimal scored 76 runs in 77 balls with 5 boundaries and 2 sixes. Opener Dilshan Munaweera scored 52 runs in 55 balls with 6 boundaries and 2 sixes. Openers Dilshan Munaweera and Lahiru Thirimanne (49) put on a valuable 86 runs for first wicket. Dinesh Chandimal and Wanindu Hasaranga (49) were involved in a 103 runs stand for fifth wicket.
Nuwan Pradeep took 3 wickets for 56 runs and Charith Asalanka took 2 wickets for 32 runs.
Kandy were bowled out for 182 runs in 38 overs.
Sachith Pathirana scored 46 runs in 55 balls with 6 boundaries and a six, Chamara Kapugedera scored 36 runs. Pathirana and Kapugedera put on 74 runs for sixth wicket.
Wanindu Hasaranga took 3 wickets for 37 runs and Sachithra Senanayake took 3 wickets for 39 runs.
Colombo: 288/8 in 50 overs (Dinesh Chandimal 76, Dilshan Munaweera 52, Lahiru Thirimanne 49, Wanindu Hasaranga 49, Sachithra Senanayake 19, Nuwan Pradeep 3/56, Charith Asalanka 2/32)
Kandy: 182 in 38 overs (Sachith Pathirana 46, Chamara Kapugedera 36, Sandun Weerakkody 29, Chathura Peiris 19, Wanindu Hasaranga 3/37, Sachithra Senanayake 3/39, Dilshan Munaweera 2/18)
Dambulla win by one wicket
Galle won the toss and electing to bat scored 250 runs for 8 wickets in 50 overs. Chathuranga de Silva scored 56 runs and Seekkuge Prasanna scored 46 runs. Chathuranga de Silva and Seekkuge Prasanna put on 90 runs for seventh wicket. Suranga Lakmal (33*) and Chamika Karunarathne (24*) put on 58 runs for ninth wicket.
Milinda Siriwardane, Dilruwan Perera and Lahiru Kumara claimed two 2 wickets each.
In reply Dambulla scored 251 runs for 9 wickets in 50 overs. Harsha Cooray scored 46 runs and Milinda Siriwardane scored 39 runs. Udara Jayasundara and Ashan Priyanjana each got 33 runs.
Dambulla had three half century stands, openers Udara Jayasundara and Avishka Fernando (19) put on 58 runs, Harsha Cooray and Milinda Siriwardane added 60 runs for fifth wicket and Ashan Priyanjan and Dilruwan Perera (29) were involved in a 53 runs stand for seventh wicket.
Galle: 250/8 in 50 overs (Chathuranga de Silva 56, Seekkuge Prasanna 46, Suranga Lakmal 33 n.o., Upul Tharanga 26, Chamika Karunarathne 24 n.o., Dimuth Karunaratne 24, Milinda Siriwardena 2/18, Dilruwan Perera 2/28, Lahiru Kumara 2/52)
Dambulla: 251/9 in 50 overs (Harsha Cooray 46, Milinda Siriwardane 39, Udara Jayasundara 33, Ashan Priyanjan 33, Dilruwan Perera 29, Kusal Mendis 21, Avishka Fernando 19, Chamika Karunaratne 2/23, Chathuranga de Silva 2/36, Seekkuge Prasanna 2/47, Malinda Pushpakumara 2/47)
(Pix BY Tharaka Basnayaka)
- City Coroner complains to Fort Magistrate Call to probe death of Bellanwila Thera Monk was moved from CSGTH against medical advice
- Will Transitional Justice wither? Int’l community in quandary over LG polls results
- Govt now trying to postpone PC polls
- President has not consulted me yet – AG
- Govt brought in 19A to block Rajapaksas We also can change 19A – Basil
- November 2012 Welikada Prison Massacre Second eyewitness ready to come forward
- President pressed to find suitable PM Political crisis continues
- South China Sea Unmanned vessels and future operations
- Malaysia’s 2018 General Election Alternative Scenarios?
- Back to the chessboard?
- Buddhika goes to CIABOC Alleges Rs 2 B fraud in Army food tender
- Sleeping man run over by container
- SLPP felicitates winners
- Money laundering case Namal allowed foreign travel
- Kuwait MP says expats are ‘opportunistic bacteria’ Al-Hashim blames traffic congestion and pollution on foreigners
- SL’s 70th Independence celebrated in S Korea
- Prez summons Ministry Secys All official duties to continue
- Rosy writes to Mahinda Deshapriya Wants 25% female quota implemented urgently
- Aloysius and Palisena denied bail Notice issued to Mahendran to appear before CID by 8th March
- Women NGOs write to EC Chair We expected ‘confusion’ over 25% rep Goonasekera
- One killed in shooting Assailant assaulted to death
- Bid to apprehend Weeratunga Marapana to leave for UAE Fugitive ex-envoy prevented from leaving
- Appointment of new PM Prez to consult AG and senior PCs
- Govt to continue as per Constitution – Ranil
- Inter-Korean collaboration Money, lies, and pleasure squads
- Strategic plans worked well – Hathurusinghe
- Jayamanna scores double ton
- Royal win Frank Gunasekara Shield
- Nalanda run out of time
- 16 teams qualify to pre quarters
- Pre-quarter finalists found
- Sirimavo Bandaranaike, Piliyandala Central emerge champions
- CR in dashing form crush CH
- Election commission rejects votes of athletes’ commission
- So easy for Kandy SC
- Tamim returns to boost hosts
- Royal win Inaugural ‘Alles-Gunasekara’ Encounter
- Didn’t take Bangladesh for granted - Gunathilaka
- Kandy SC should have it easy
- Jayamanna scores unbeaten ton
- Navy SC fight hard to win
- Bhanuka and Lahiru in unbroken stand of 251
- Lionel, Nilani eye title at Cross Country
- Army SC can topple Havies
- New Kids on Big Match stage
- Sri Lanka has already missed ‘three buses’ in digitalization: Dialog CEO
- CBSL to raise Rs 30B to pay maturing debt
- ADB lends $ 75M to strengthen Sri Lanka SMEs
- Tea Board Chairman submits resignation
- Singapore FTA no game changer: Verite
- Solid Waste Management - global issue
- NDB partners with United Motors for vehicle leasing
- HNB recognized at IFM Awards 2017 for microfinance innovation
- zMessenger nominated at Festival of Media APAC Awards 2018
- Sunquick consumers drink and win again
- Grabbing a bigger slice of the FDI pie
- ABANS LAUNCHES BEATS HEADPHONES IN SL
- SLT opens contact centre in Bandarawela
- William Angliss Institute graduates felicitated
- ‘If Chrysotile fibre is harmful, Government must prove it’ Arecanut is also in WHO banned list, but still legal in SL: Fibre Cement Product Manufacturers’ Association
- Housing a priority in Govt’s development effort
- Singer posts over Rs 1B sales of Huawei smartphones monthly
- Nippon Paint holds AYDA 2017 for young designers
- Mobitel named fastest mobile network in Sri Lanka by Ookla
- TEA PRICES, ONLY ONE METRIC OF RPC SUCCESSes
- INTERPOL REFUSES TO DELIVER SUMMONS TO MAHENDRAN ARREST WARRANT TO BE SOUGHT AFTER MARCH 8 IF…
- REVISITING SRI LANKA’S FOREIGN POLICY
- Howlers that wreck language
- Pursuing Peace The UN’s lack of accountability
- Oxfam Scandal Funding fears may drive charities to hide offences
- Prof Bellanwila Wimalarathana Thera’s demise Call for probe as questions remain in limbo
- Colombo’s construction frenzy Lack of policies and awareness a major issue
- I take full responsibility for the results delay Deshapriya speaks out
- Concretes & Abstracts Visionary sans apostles
- UNP’s future at stake Defeat at the recent LG polls renews calls for reform
- Basil says…Await the return of ‘Spiritual Leader’ MR
- Rajapaksas’ Presidential hopeful is Gota
- Sins of the past Govt cannot be forgotten- Anura Kumara
- Law and order is quite weak
- I will continue Gota’s legacy - Milinda Rajapaksha
- Accomplice to the crime Our own indifference
- UK flower farm suspected of enslaving migrants
- Costly Renovation
- REV. PROF BELLANWILA WIMALARATANA THERA
- Why Masses Brought Victory to Past President
- White Sapphire absorbs the power of Venus
- Partial eclipse that occurred on Feb 16
- Effects of Sun in Aquarius
- Some recent impressions
- Bandula Nanayakkarawasam: From Galle to the world
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cowboy boots
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cow boy boots
- “Hail, Caesar!” Silliness as a virtue
- Notes on history: The thinkers and the doers
- Reflections on a nation of non-readers
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Never say never to anything!
- What’s In My Bag I want to carry my dog Ricky Ruchira
- Indian Elegance Raaya Clothing & Accessories
- Election promises that took people for a ride
- 7 killed in Florida school shooting by former student: sheriff
- Man with moustache who went to Rajarata a thousand times in a ramshackle Jeep