MAIC wants to make friends not clients!
By Darshani Abeyrathna
Marriage can be simply identified as the epitome of love and romance. We've been planning our big day since we were little girls.
All we want is a picture perfect wedding is it not? MAIC offers the most unique selection of wedding decorations to fit every theme, colour and style. It's amazing what a little fabric can do. Keep it formal and elegant with MAIC. In order to know more About MAIC Ceylon Today sat with Charith in order to have a glimpse of wedding decors.
Q. Let us know a little bit about what you are doing and what is MAIC all about
A. When we were schooling we just came up with this name. It was actually combination of two names "Ma" is for Malla (That is how all my close friends and family call me) and "IC" is from "Eric". Me and Eric, we are more like brothers. Simply I would say Eric is a brother from another mother. We were in the same class from Grade One.
We took the first step from one of our friend's weddings. And they allowed us to do as it was our own wedding. After the wedding we shared the pictures via Facebook and we got so many positive feedbacks from the onlookers. Although it was not a big deal, we did our best. After that wedding so many clients contacted me via Facebook and they also have spread the word about MAIC.
Q. What sorts of services do you offer (day-of coordination, full-service event design or à la carte planning)?
A. Event/Wedding decor theme and production (Main) - We are open to doing corporate event decor as well. Christmas Decor Visual merchandising - window displays. Interior decor is another new side we are looking at. We always do want to come out with new concept. When it comes to weddings, I feel it's important to highlight why we are different from the others. New concepts and ideas can create a great impact in a wedding. It's just more than choosing the colour theme. Everyone will agree with me when I say modern couples are really good at throwing a lavish wedding ceremony. We try our bestto be unique and intimate. Simply I can say that we are a mix of advertising and decor.
Q. Will you handle every aspect of the planning or can we do some things on our own? In other words, what parts of the planning will you be responsible for in weddings?
A. MAIC, we specialize in "concept decor", where we develop a unique decor theme which is inspired by you. This is your story, and we know there are little treasures and nuggets of memories that you have created along the way that are unique only to the two of you. What we aim is to bring out those unique elements that are special to the two of you to present your adventure together to the world in your own signature way, Charith said.
Therefore, share your story with us! We would love to have a chat with you and your fiancé (we can always mail you a set of questions if you are overseas) and create a concept around you two, and uncover these little gems to help create the perfect narrative of your journey to share with your loved ones on your big day and we do have a couple of packages that you can choose from.
Q. What do you strongly believe in?
A. Stay small - probably one of the toughest things to do with a growing business. Today from corporate clients to individuals, people crave for that personal touch/commitment and the feeling of "your business is important to us", not just in a quote but in reality as well. Basically, we will always be small enough so anyone who works with us will deal directly with us and we will be there throughout the whole process and not any other person or third party.
Q. Will you help the client to stay within budget?
A. Of course we do. We consider all our clients as friends, because we believe in making friends and not clients. The best way we can pay you back is with our creativity and our attention to detail.
Q. What were the most unique weddings you ever planned?
A. These are the unique themes that we have created so far.
Transparent: (Picture frames)
A. Is this love or just own my reflection that I see in your eyes? There is nothing beautiful in this world rather than looking to each other's eyes that are deeply in love with each other. In order to represent this notion we came up with. Transparent themed wedding decor for this wonderful couple using picture frames that saw through it all!
Journey: (Gold vintage vehicles)
A. Both of them loved travelling so much. Where ever they travelled, they kept theirfeet together and took a picture. Is not it too adorable, is it? They just loved to have fun, loved to be with people who are close to their heart and have a good drink and a chat, so fueling up was also an important part.
Mad Hatter's Tea Party themed wedding:
A. The idea of having a Mad Hatter's Tea Party was to give birth to a night full of unexpected creations. Together with Piyumi & Jitto, we wanted our guests to experience something unique and interactive, something different from the usual Sri Lankan wedding decor, something they will remember forever.
We can tell you that, It was a bit like going down the rabbit hole; from giant handmade paper flowers to quirky "playing card" chandeliers to tea cocktails to edible playing cards to custom made teapots and teacups, this was our way of going "mad", our way of creating magic with ideas.
Ministry Secretaries should be appointed on Best interest of Public not Minister Lethargy blocking change
- ‘A prisoner in Indian jail on Eelam soil’
- Sagala vows to crush Aava group Police deployed in full strength
- Politico’s son-in-law in school frock drama Teacher threatened after student is reprimanded
- Lanka alarmed over increased smuggling of ‘KG’
- SC to hear Tangalle ASP assault case
- 656 kg Glyphosate nabbed
- FPTP opens gate for undesirables, warns Amunugama
- EC to issue nomination notice on 27th
- NPC Education Minister shuns national flag Sarveshwaran was Chief Guest at school event
- Geological changes in Jaffna – Academics
- Violence against children World Vision launches campaign
- Females from soldier families on SLPP list
- JO goes to CIABOC against five COPE members
- Warrant issued on Jaliya Wickramasuriya For failure to appear in court
- Appuhamy admits to communicating with Aloysius Denies wrongdoing
- Gota’s objections thrown out Avant Garde case to go ahead
- JVP to team up with the devil! Vows to defeat LG polls gazette case
- UNP and JO in ‘secret deal’ to tarnish SLFP – Dayasiri
- CID evidence on COPE members and Aloysius JO urges Speaker to investigate
- An Inconsistent US Assertive China and Asia’s Hobbesian Order
- Jorge Sharp and Citizen Movements:New Momentum for Chilean Left?
- Zimbabwe’s Tailspin: The Lessons for Africa
- Lankan family facing deportation due to MS diagnosis
- Malaysian security forces in SL Undergo sea combat training
- Customs nabs man with gold jewellery
- HNB clinch two titles
- Nadal wins defamation case
- One-legged footballer melts hearts
- Paine handed shock recall for Australia
- Italy's stars fall back to earth in Serie A
- 20th Army Para Athletic Meet 700 Servicemen and 5 Koreans in the fray 2 Korean Olympians provide international flavour
- 47 successful at AASL Technical Officers exam
- England’s May up to speed for Wallabies
- MCA Premier League 2018 MAS and DIMO into Semis
- 34th MBA Inter-Firm Team Badminton Championships 2017 McLarens Group are overall champions
- Fourteen teams for beach tag rugby
- CH in vigorous win over CR
- Havies up against tough Navy SC
- Pujara holds on as India struggle
- Waruna off to Finland
- Sevens players given SLR contracts 20 men and 16 women players will be signed on starting November
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-19 Cricket Sanjula gets 150 runs
- Lakmal rattles India on rain-hit day
- Curious case of Sri Lanka Winter Sports Association
- Inter Club Rugby League Tournament CR clash with arch rivals CH today
- Asian Markets Rise As Risk Appetite Improves
- Singapore suspends trade ties with North Korea
- House Republicans pass $1.4Tn Tax Overhaul bill
- The world’s largest automaker is putting big money into electric vehicles in China
- Emotional toll of diabetes 'needs more recognition'
- Could buying paintings make you rich?
- Walmart helps to lift US markets
- $7.5 million Schumacher Ferrari sets record: Sotheby's
- Norway's state fund ‘needs to drop oil and gas investments'
- Japan railway 'deeply sorry' after train leaves 20 seconds early
- Creditors rule Venezuela state oil firm PDVSA in default
- Remembering ‘Dictionary Johnson’
- Asia Property Awards in Singapore Capital TRUST Residencies wins Best Condo in SL
- Lanka IOC reports losses for 3rd consecutive quarter
- Airtel and Google debut online purchasing in SL
- AIA Insurance Lanka revenue up 17% in Q3
- Full day of CSE trading from Disaster Recovery site
- Introducing Mars to agriculture
- How an oil giant came to dominate wheat
- Asian Shares Higher Ahead Of US Tax Vote
- Budgetary design of blue green enterprise
- A Time of Gifts Different Perspectives
- We were forced to work like animals
- Enjoying the bounty and giving thanks
- Journey in search of the deprived
- BREXIT Impact on free movement of people
- Padmavati triggers stir in Bollywood
- Military burning houses Rohingya refugees flee to Bangladesh
- Rice Revolution Role of Dairy Centres
- Pollution in India: 2.5 million people killed in 2015
- There is no journey with the UNP
- Core values of the UNP are eroding - Pradeep Jayewardene
- UN compensation for Kuwait workers Rs 3.2 B on migrant worker welfare
- Professor Matteo Legrenzi says: Gulf States are not keen on all-out war
- I regret the inconvenience caused to the public
- An argument for a new Constitution
- ‘Otriachchi’, ‘Orumiththa Nadu’, ‘Aekeeya Rajya’ and unitary state
- A Constitutional Framework for Sri Lanka
- PAST LIFE AND RULING PLANETS IN KRISHNAMURTHI PADHDHATHI
- Astrological remedies for Agriculture
- Unintentional Murder and law
- An Idyl in South India
- GRANDMA’S HAIR GROWTH OIL
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Two documentaries on Sri Lanka in Film South Asia 2017
- Politics of nostalgia
- Vibrancy of classical Sinhala poetry
- Gazing at the 'gems' of Sri Lanka
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Man who rebelled against the British
- Rohingya kids fill void of parents
- Looking back at Sri Lanka Police