MAIC wants to make friends not clients!
By Darshani Abeyrathna
Marriage can be simply identified as the epitome of love and romance. We've been planning our big day since we were little girls.
All we want is a picture perfect wedding is it not? MAIC offers the most unique selection of wedding decorations to fit every theme, colour and style. It's amazing what a little fabric can do. Keep it formal and elegant with MAIC. In order to know more About MAIC Ceylon Today sat with Charith in order to have a glimpse of wedding decors.
Q. Let us know a little bit about what you are doing and what is MAIC all about
A. When we were schooling we just came up with this name. It was actually combination of two names "Ma" is for Malla (That is how all my close friends and family call me) and "IC" is from "Eric". Me and Eric, we are more like brothers. Simply I would say Eric is a brother from another mother. We were in the same class from Grade One.
We took the first step from one of our friend's weddings. And they allowed us to do as it was our own wedding. After the wedding we shared the pictures via Facebook and we got so many positive feedbacks from the onlookers. Although it was not a big deal, we did our best. After that wedding so many clients contacted me via Facebook and they also have spread the word about MAIC.
Q. What sorts of services do you offer (day-of coordination, full-service event design or à la carte planning)?
A. Event/Wedding decor theme and production (Main) - We are open to doing corporate event decor as well. Christmas Decor Visual merchandising - window displays. Interior decor is another new side we are looking at. We always do want to come out with new concept. When it comes to weddings, I feel it's important to highlight why we are different from the others. New concepts and ideas can create a great impact in a wedding. It's just more than choosing the colour theme. Everyone will agree with me when I say modern couples are really good at throwing a lavish wedding ceremony. We try our bestto be unique and intimate. Simply I can say that we are a mix of advertising and decor.
Q. Will you handle every aspect of the planning or can we do some things on our own? In other words, what parts of the planning will you be responsible for in weddings?
A. MAIC, we specialize in "concept decor", where we develop a unique decor theme which is inspired by you. This is your story, and we know there are little treasures and nuggets of memories that you have created along the way that are unique only to the two of you. What we aim is to bring out those unique elements that are special to the two of you to present your adventure together to the world in your own signature way, Charith said.
Therefore, share your story with us! We would love to have a chat with you and your fiancé (we can always mail you a set of questions if you are overseas) and create a concept around you two, and uncover these little gems to help create the perfect narrative of your journey to share with your loved ones on your big day and we do have a couple of packages that you can choose from.
Q. What do you strongly believe in?
A. Stay small - probably one of the toughest things to do with a growing business. Today from corporate clients to individuals, people crave for that personal touch/commitment and the feeling of "your business is important to us", not just in a quote but in reality as well. Basically, we will always be small enough so anyone who works with us will deal directly with us and we will be there throughout the whole process and not any other person or third party.
Q. Will you help the client to stay within budget?
A. Of course we do. We consider all our clients as friends, because we believe in making friends and not clients. The best way we can pay you back is with our creativity and our attention to detail.
Q. What were the most unique weddings you ever planned?
A. These are the unique themes that we have created so far.
Transparent: (Picture frames)
A. Is this love or just own my reflection that I see in your eyes? There is nothing beautiful in this world rather than looking to each other's eyes that are deeply in love with each other. In order to represent this notion we came up with. Transparent themed wedding decor for this wonderful couple using picture frames that saw through it all!
Journey: (Gold vintage vehicles)
A. Both of them loved travelling so much. Where ever they travelled, they kept theirfeet together and took a picture. Is not it too adorable, is it? They just loved to have fun, loved to be with people who are close to their heart and have a good drink and a chat, so fueling up was also an important part.
Mad Hatter's Tea Party themed wedding:
A. The idea of having a Mad Hatter's Tea Party was to give birth to a night full of unexpected creations. Together with Piyumi & Jitto, we wanted our guests to experience something unique and interactive, something different from the usual Sri Lankan wedding decor, something they will remember forever.
We can tell you that, It was a bit like going down the rabbit hole; from giant handmade paper flowers to quirky "playing card" chandeliers to tea cocktails to edible playing cards to custom made teapots and teacups, this was our way of going "mad", our way of creating magic with ideas.
- WP North in command 2365
- The US embraces India: With some Modi-fications 2369
- The West on brink of failing in Afghanistan 2361
- Ranil can at least follow Churchill 3001
- Drought halves electricity generation 2361
- Dengue treatment gets shot in the arm 2496
- 53-year-old killed over dispute 2361
- National Cultural Festival – 2017 2362
- SL’s Service Exports up to 38% in 2016 2363
- Mankulam – the new Trade Hub 2369
- GL demands polls to 3 PCs 2369
- No Military activity allowed at H’tota Port 2367
- No accusation against us as serious as that of Ravi – Basil 2366
- Unions call off strike 2362
- H’tota Port deal signing might be postponed 2429
- CEB GM warns of power cuts 3252
- SAITM Dean on NFTH Board – Rajitha 2390
- Prez requests release 2358
- LTTE remains a terrorist org 2364
- Facing a stiff challenge – Harsha 2378
- US slaps sanctions on Russia, Iran, N. Korea 2356
- Mahendran ordered to handover com. devices 2355
- Ravi K fails to appear 2357
- Fiasco has had a negative impact on Govt 3196
- July’s Russia related bloopers and Putin’s manner 4010
- Querying about queues 2387
- Bitten by sci-fi bug 1490
- Bangladesh: Unremitting Effort 3692
- Can Government be toppled? 3182
- Can the unity govt deliver? 3083
- Rugby chiefs begin passing game 2029
- Gunaratne fractures thumb 1993
- SLT Speedup resumes from Puttalam 1999
- Testing England debut for Roland-Jones 2000
- Dhawan, Pujara make SL toil 1996
- Madrid clinch world record deal 1999
- Kids’ chance to understand golf 1999
- LYCEUM WATTALA U-19 CHAMPS 1997
- Kanrich Finance emerge overall winners 1997
- Championship entries now open 1997
- Nukes? No thanks 1998
- fuel shortage imminent 2584
- Animals to lose peace and quiet at night? 4858
- Right of Reply 4761
- Addressing dengue One hour, one day and every week is enough 5613
- UNP-SLFP government a mess 4005
- NFTH to Facilitate Clinical Training for SAITM 4452
- Prioritize FTAs with China and India – Dr. Wignaraja 3461
- Private medical education fraught with corruption – Prof. Carlo Fonseka 2518
- MULTINATIONALS HAVE SOUNDED DEATH KNELL FOR LOCAL TRISHAW INDUSTRY 4667
- ‘Less Talk, More Action’ needed – State Official 2004
- We are poor because we are corrupt 2002
- Tea Industry not sustainable 2001
- Target unilateral and bilateral trade hybrid 2003
- Shares jump as forex bill passed 2003
- WAY under 10% after 70 months 2000
- SL has exhausted borrowing capacity 2021
- Lanka IOC ensures a round-the-clock supply of fuel during strike 1999
- Apple faces $506M patent dispute payout 1997
- Asia markets close mixed as oil extends gains; Fed awaited 2001
- The New Constitution A Chronological Analysis 2032
- A Whitewash for Failed Politics 2533
- Mattek-Sands horror injury puts Djokovic, Federer in shadow 3072
- World’s fastest growing wetland The Yellow River Estuary 1701
- Harry Potter – A Safe Haven 2198
- How to Answer an Essay Type Question 2197
- Joie de vivre with the one I love 2193
- An Audacious Insurgent - Surekha Samarasena 2194
- Nadi Dosha – an evil that ruins married life– Part 2 1998
- Next four months will be crucial 1983
- Rahu in the 7th obstructs marital life? 1973
- Agate gemstones keep mind and body balance 1943
- There is no success or failure in Love 1951
- Radiobeiträge Radio as Potent Tool of Education 4836
- Speaking with a Forked Tongue 4836
- Global and Local in Hong Kong cinema -Part 2 4857
- Kuchipudi dance recital and Carnatic vocal recital 4812
- Fairway National Literary Awards 2017 4760
- PASCH International Youth Camp 2017 in Embilipitiya Holistic Approach to Education 4816
- History Can Guide us Towards Prosperous Lives 4749
- Melancholia and the Creative Urge 6557
- An endemic cure for snake bite 1114
- Summer holiday camp for kids 1127
- Shouldn’t they live too? 1102
- The dearth of skilled labour in the hospitality sector 1086
- The importance of grooming your pet 1081
- The new face of tea 1103
- Charging victory 1095
- An amazing biking experience 1130
- Young masters of Karate 1123
- Skills for all 1076
- The words,sound and legacy of Chester Bennington 1112
- Marching in celebration 1089