MAIC wants to make friends not clients!
By Darshani Abeyrathna
Marriage can be simply identified as the epitome of love and romance. We've been planning our big day since we were little girls.
All we want is a picture perfect wedding is it not? MAIC offers the most unique selection of wedding decorations to fit every theme, colour and style. It's amazing what a little fabric can do. Keep it formal and elegant with MAIC. In order to know more About MAIC Ceylon Today sat with Charith in order to have a glimpse of wedding decors.
Q. Let us know a little bit about what you are doing and what is MAIC all about
A. When we were schooling we just came up with this name. It was actually combination of two names "Ma" is for Malla (That is how all my close friends and family call me) and "IC" is from "Eric". Me and Eric, we are more like brothers. Simply I would say Eric is a brother from another mother. We were in the same class from Grade One.
We took the first step from one of our friend's weddings. And they allowed us to do as it was our own wedding. After the wedding we shared the pictures via Facebook and we got so many positive feedbacks from the onlookers. Although it was not a big deal, we did our best. After that wedding so many clients contacted me via Facebook and they also have spread the word about MAIC.
Q. What sorts of services do you offer (day-of coordination, full-service event design or à la carte planning)?
A. Event/Wedding decor theme and production (Main) - We are open to doing corporate event decor as well. Christmas Decor Visual merchandising - window displays. Interior decor is another new side we are looking at. We always do want to come out with new concept. When it comes to weddings, I feel it's important to highlight why we are different from the others. New concepts and ideas can create a great impact in a wedding. It's just more than choosing the colour theme. Everyone will agree with me when I say modern couples are really good at throwing a lavish wedding ceremony. We try our bestto be unique and intimate. Simply I can say that we are a mix of advertising and decor.
Q. Will you handle every aspect of the planning or can we do some things on our own? In other words, what parts of the planning will you be responsible for in weddings?
A. MAIC, we specialize in "concept decor", where we develop a unique decor theme which is inspired by you. This is your story, and we know there are little treasures and nuggets of memories that you have created along the way that are unique only to the two of you. What we aim is to bring out those unique elements that are special to the two of you to present your adventure together to the world in your own signature way, Charith said.
Therefore, share your story with us! We would love to have a chat with you and your fiancé (we can always mail you a set of questions if you are overseas) and create a concept around you two, and uncover these little gems to help create the perfect narrative of your journey to share with your loved ones on your big day and we do have a couple of packages that you can choose from.
Q. What do you strongly believe in?
A. Stay small - probably one of the toughest things to do with a growing business. Today from corporate clients to individuals, people crave for that personal touch/commitment and the feeling of "your business is important to us", not just in a quote but in reality as well. Basically, we will always be small enough so anyone who works with us will deal directly with us and we will be there throughout the whole process and not any other person or third party.
Q. Will you help the client to stay within budget?
A. Of course we do. We consider all our clients as friends, because we believe in making friends and not clients. The best way we can pay you back is with our creativity and our attention to detail.
Q. What were the most unique weddings you ever planned?
A. These are the unique themes that we have created so far.
Transparent: (Picture frames)
A. Is this love or just own my reflection that I see in your eyes? There is nothing beautiful in this world rather than looking to each other's eyes that are deeply in love with each other. In order to represent this notion we came up with. Transparent themed wedding decor for this wonderful couple using picture frames that saw through it all!
Journey: (Gold vintage vehicles)
A. Both of them loved travelling so much. Where ever they travelled, they kept theirfeet together and took a picture. Is not it too adorable, is it? They just loved to have fun, loved to be with people who are close to their heart and have a good drink and a chat, so fueling up was also an important part.
Mad Hatter's Tea Party themed wedding:
A. The idea of having a Mad Hatter's Tea Party was to give birth to a night full of unexpected creations. Together with Piyumi & Jitto, we wanted our guests to experience something unique and interactive, something different from the usual Sri Lankan wedding decor, something they will remember forever.
We can tell you that, It was a bit like going down the rabbit hole; from giant handmade paper flowers to quirky "playing card" chandeliers to tea cocktails to edible playing cards to custom made teapots and teacups, this was our way of going "mad", our way of creating magic with ideas.
Lanka Private Bus Owners’ Association President says Bus lanes are good but more needs to be done
Mahinda Rajapaksa :I did my best for the CountrySays Constitution allows him to become Prime Minister
- No consensus on Constitution 2420
- India-US Economic Relations Bounce Back 2416
- Symposium on Islamic and Arabic Studies 2416
- Two-day workshop at Prisons Dept.On Materials Management 2416
- Mere ploys to delay elections, CaFFE cries out! 30% rep for women & having elections on the same day 2416
- Students struggle without teachers in Kalpitiya 2417
- Students in ‘Osari Pota’ row Governor defends CM 2418
- President Sirisena returns 2416
- Girl (15) rescued by cops from nightclub 2422
- Scholarship Exam results out on 5 October 2418
- Obtaining a Driving licence Mental Health certificate required – Dr. Kodagoda 2412
- Interim Report on CA Constituent parties to be consulted – Senathirajah 2414
- Disappearance of 11 Tamil youth Ex-Navy spokesman further remanded 2414
- Halloluwa resigns as CCFC chairman Says too much pressure to do wrong 2412
- In Vitro Fertilization in Govt hospitals soon 2415
- Passing of PC polls Bill BASL & TISL criticize Govt 2411
- Kahawatta killing Ex-Snr DIG Jayasinghe arrested Allegedly concealed evidence 2411
- Third stage of Central Expressway Agreement to be signed this week 2412
- 1.9 Million Affected By Drought – DMC Thousands Of Families Reduced To One Meal A Day – UN Farmer Suicides Increase 2419
- US Counter Measure to China-Pakistan Economic Corridor 3695
- NEW CONSTITUTIONAL REFORMS EXECUTIVE PRESIDENCY: MAIN BONE OF CONTENTION 3771
- Soldier arrested on sexual abuse claim Girl (15) the victim 3725
- Govt trying to pass Constitution in a corrupt manner – Wimal 3678
- Price index for coconuts Action against black marketeers – CCB Chairman 3679
- Call to hike tax on cheap fags Prevent switch by high brand smokers 3674
- The March of Folly Sarath Fonseka as both Good Cop and Bad Cop 2208
- Case of the abused autistic youth No Justice – Just Us Case heard after being stuck in legal backwater for ages 2206
- The Rohingya of Arakan: Homeless and Stateless 2209
- Unitary or united, undivided and indivisible Executive Presidency or Westminster Premier 3112
- Water, a key issue in South Asian Geopolitics Sino-Indian battle over Brahmaputra River 3072
- SLC donates Rs 1.6M for Cricket Umpires office complex 2206
- Sangakkara is still scoring 2208
- Maliyadeva BMC and Army SC win titles 2206
- Galagedara conducts goal keeping course 2206
- MCA 'B' division 50-over League Commercial Credit Finance ‘B’ and MAS Silueta win 2206
- WP South beat Uva 2208
- SL women down Thailand to win plate 2203
- Sri Lanka win Plate for the second time 2199
- SLC using Cricketers as ‘guinea pigs’ – Pramodya 2213
- SL women wrestlers finish pointless 2202
- Night opening of Zoo Crouching Tiger, Open Zoo 1883
- CEB JTUA’s continuous strike A 10% salary hike solves the family conflict 2947
- Interim report of the Steering Committee of CA Deep divisions in political parties 2934
- Enter Arjuna Mahendran! 3842
- Interim report on constitutional reforms Salient features 3090
- We will be intransigent! 1884
- Betel chewing main cause of oral cancer – Dr. Hemantha Amarasinghe 3210
- Lankan lawmakers have a ‘unitary mindset’ -Jayampathy 2807
- No cause to panic that LTTE will raise head again – DEFENCE SECRETARY KAPILA WAIDYARATNE PC 3011
- Mother was a steadfast support to my father Chathurika Sirisena 4144
- Lanka Graphite gets mining licence 1881
- Over $600M FDI in first 6 months 1883
- Working on regulating informal sector – John 1881
- Govt scraps tea blending plans 1881
- Global trade recovery threatened by downside risks: WTO 1883
- On’ally 23% stake sold 1882
- Shares hit new one-week low on foreign sales 1878
- ‘Spot’ goes below Rs 153 Money Printing 0.5% of GDP 1876
- Fitch affirms Abans at ‘BBB+(lka)'; Outlook stable 1878
- Asian stocks pressured by NK tensions, German election 1879
- Executing an Executive order 2800
- What are The Best Laxative Foods? 2622
- YOU CAN’T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER 3643
- What went wrong at the Apple Inc. iPhone X demo? 2538
- NASA's spacecraft makes death plunge into Saturn 2538
- Latest addition to the iphone family 2532
- best workout songs 1873
- BOUNCE BACK: AN OPEN MIC 1989
- close look at dreaded Sakata Yoga 2602
- Fortune and misfortune depicted in horoscope 2607
- Know the zodiac sign of your partner 2604
- Time to read first letters to toddlers 2584
- Secret Mantra that cures headache 2584
- CIBF and impact of culture on economy 3471
- Classical Chinese Poetry with a modernist face – 2 3465
- Time Never Waits 3479
- Hindi Diwas-2017 Indo-Lanka Hindi Sammelan 3465
- Music for Three 3455
- Handa Eliyata Wedi Tiyanna 3455
- How important pronunciation in foreign language teaching? 3448
- Body of the Text 3123
- Books, glorious books! 1936
- Every little heart deserves the best care 1935
- IN THE NICK OF THE TIME BUT YET.. 1935
- The Sri Lankan who always went places 1923
- The treatment of Diabetic Foot 1936
- Sri Lankans and their right to know 1925
- A Bibliophiles haven 2593
- Bluetooth can give your device security cavities 2607
- Narrative Progression 2597
- Strangers to friends 2591
- Colombo suits up 2606
- True inclusivity in the makeup world 2590