Know whether he is your friend or foe
Saturn, the second largest planet in the our solar system is also generally looked upon as the most malefic of all planets.What Saturn represents
Saturn is the lord of the Zodiac signs of Capricorn and Aquarius. Capricorn is the 10th sign of the Zodiac which represents Karma or action and Aquarius is the 11th sign which represents Labha or gain. This means Saturn rules over two important facets of human life, profession or career and income or means of livelihood.
Saturn is the Karaka (Significator) for illness, poverty, grief, longevity, obstacles and death.
Saturn is the only planet to command the special power to cause three malefic periods during the lifetime of a human being called Jamma Erashtaka, Lagna Erashtaka and Ashtamaya Erashtaka. In India these malefic periods are referred to as Sade sati.
A Dasa period of 19 years has been allocated to Saturn under the Vimshottari Dasa system.
Though a natural malefic Saturn becomes a functional benefic when he is well posited in a horoscope and is aspected by benefics. A strong Saturn confers a long, healthy, prosperous and successful life while an unfavourable or weak Saturn causes the native much grief, suffering and misery.
Saturn is strong in his own signs Capricorn and Aquarius and in his sign of exaltation (ucca), Libra owned by Venus. A native born with Saturn posited in any one of these three signs falling in a Kendra or a quadrant, 1st, 4th, 7th or the 10th House becomes a beneficiary of Sasa Maha Purusha Yoga.
Saturn as in the case of any other malefic (Sun, Mars, Rahu or Ketu) is normally strong when placed in the 3rd and the 11th Houses. However, his strength or the weakness depends largely on the sign he occupies.
Saturn's planetary friends and foes
Mercury and Venus are natural friends of Saturn and the signs by these two planets, Gemini and Virgo (by Mercury) and Taurus and Libra (owned by Venus) are Saturn's friendly signs. Jupiter is a neutral for Saturn and Moon, Sun and Mars are his enemies and the signs owned by them, Cancer (by Moon), Leo (by Sun) and Aries and Scorpio (by Mars) are his inimical signs. Aries is the sign where Saturn gets debilitated or Neecha.
Saturn when placed in his exaltation sign, his own signs or in a friendly sign produces good results and when he is placed in his debilitation sign or inimical signs very bad results. Last week we discussed the results Saturn produces when he is placed in signs from Aries to Virgo. Let us consider the results Saturn produces when he is placed in signs from Libra to Pisces.
Saturn when posited in Libra – the sign where he gets exalted – would give the best results like fame, respect, wealth and authority. Saturn in this sign produces great intellectuals with noble thoughts. He enjoys comforts wherever he is. If Venus in Taurus or elsewhere gets afflicted, he would suffer the loss of his wife. Native would get a good education and respectable friends to keep company with. He would remain loyal and faithful to his wife after marriage. He is far- sighted and would make his life a great success by the dint of perseverance. He has a mind of his own and would not allow anyone to influence his way of thinking. He would enjoy longevity.
Saturn when posited in Scorpio– an inimical sign owned by Mars – native may become capricious, merciless and may resort to sinful and illegal acts which could lead him to imprisonment. He would be a jealous, miserly and cunning person. He is no respecter of religious values. He has the acumen to know the kind of investments that would give him good returns. He would achieve successes and high recognition by foul means. His love relationships would end in failure. He would have to lead a miserable lonely life in his old age.
Saturn when posited in Sagittarius – a sign owned by Jupiter – gives the native a good spouse, good children, wealth, happiness and goodwill and patronage of the rulers. Native is an upright, bold and truthful person who has gained deep insights into life and religion. He is a foresighted person with a deep fellow-feeling. He is not subservient to anyone nor would he give into undue pressure or influence. His children would be fortunate. He may suffer from rheumatic pains. He would lead a righteous and religious life.
Saturn when posited in Capricorn– his own sign gives the native general prosperity, sensual pleasures, lands and property and even a position of authority. Native becomes very selfish and would think of his own wellbeing. He would have no faithful friends. He would associate with undesirable and uncouth people. He would work hard day and night for his own progress. His married life could become a failure. His children too would be as miserly as himself. He may become a victim to a prolonged illness which would give him immense pain. He would have a painful death.
Saturn when posited in Aquarius – his own sign – gives the native wealth, fame and happiness. This sign being the Moolatrikona position for Saturn is very favourable for the native. Native is a compassionate and selfless intellectual popular among his friends and respected by others. He may undergo much hardship and suffering while trying to relieve others of hardship and suffering. He would be a scholar who would utilize his knowledge and skills for the good of others. His marriage would be a great success. Words he utters would be pleasing to those who hear him. He would be hygienic in his habits which would help him lead a healthy life. He would have a peaceful death. Many people would mourn his death for a long time.
Saturn when posited in Pisces – a sign owned by Jupiter – the native would be pious and devoted to his religion. However, this is not a position favourable for worldly success. He would incur monetary losses due to placing his trust in cunning people. His children would get separated from him. Even his marriage would not be a success. He would be remembered as a good person for a long time even after his death.
Lanka Private Bus Owners’ Association President says Bus lanes are good but more needs to be done
Mahinda Rajapaksa :I did my best for the CountrySays Constitution allows him to become Prime Minister
- US Counter Measure to China-Pakistan Economic Corridor 3691
- NEW CONSTITUTIONAL REFORMS EXECUTIVE PRESIDENCY: MAIN BONE OF CONTENTION 3765
- Soldier arrested on sexual abuse claim Girl (15) the victim 3723
- Govt trying to pass Constitution in a corrupt manner – Wimal 3677
- Price index for coconuts Action against black marketeers – CCB Chairman 3677
- Call to hike tax on cheap fags Prevent switch by high brand smokers 3672
- Overseas job market Drop in women recruits – Thalatha 3669
- Two-thirds of Americans oppose strike on NK Majority trust military to handle crisis 3672
- Man held in mobile narco bust Cancer pills sold at Rs 100 each 3679
- Fowl story… a mega egg This Hen has been fouled! 3869
- SWRD Commemoration tomorrow 3656
- SAITM should get priority over Constitution – Premajayantha 3669
- Gag on JMP at Ja-ela Bala Mandala Ravi accused of instigating issue 3667
- Detaining young couples found in Parks HR activists cry foul 4292
- New laws to promote tourism Bid to boost economy – Ranil 3664
- Rumours linking him to Rohingya Rishad complains to CID 3669
- TUs act according to political agendas – Rajitha Govt to take over estate hospitals 3751
- Bite worse than bark Stray dogs & the spread of rabies 3125
- Claiming Defamation of Judiciary BASL requests CJ take action against Ranjan 2627
- Polls to 3 PCs after delimitation 2621
- Construction of US$ 3 billion refinery Sri Lanka in talks with two Chinese firms 2628
- SF personnel in alleged crimes None above the law – Waidyaratne 3504
- Call to expedite reconciliation process President stands firm 2628
- Pitch tampering allegations ICC launches probe Pramodya calls for PCoI 3497
- Modern slavery most prevalent in Africa followed by Asia and Pacific 2823
- Unitary or united, undivided and indivisible Executive Presidency or Westminster Premier 3102
- Water, a key issue in South Asian Geopolitics Sino-Indian battle over Brahmaputra River 3064
- Geneva Resolution Govt. commits ‘hara kiri’ 3145
- Samukka:A Novel by Jayani Pinnawale- Translated by Edmund Jayasuriya 3007
- Govt passes bill,loses MP 3015
- Royal, Visakha clinch waterpolo crowns 3494
- Sri Lanka clinch Plate 3491
- Asian Indoor Athletic and Martial Art Games Lankan grapplers crash out 3431
- SLC seeks support on ICC inquiry 3434
- S. De S. Jayasinghe emerge champions 3425
- Marquez wins Aragon GP 3427
- 43rd National Sports Festival 2017 Janaka and Vidusha best athletes 3465
- India on course to clinch series 3420
- 25th Singer – MCA Premier League 2018 MAS Unichela records 6th win in a row 3419
- ‘Singer Cup’ Under 19 Cricket Innings win for Antonians and Thomians 3418
- CEB JTUA’s continuous strike A 10% salary hike solves the family conflict 2924
- Interim report of the Steering Committee of CA Deep divisions in political parties 2931
- Enter Arjuna Mahendran! 3836
- Interim report on constitutional reforms Salient features 3088
- Within the arc of Chinese influence 3265
- Betel chewing main cause of oral cancer – Dr. Hemantha Amarasinghe 3205
- Lankan lawmakers have a ‘unitary mindset’ -Jayampathy 2797
- No cause to panic that LTTE will raise head again – DEFENCE SECRETARY KAPILA WAIDYARATNE PC 3008
- Mother was a steadfast support to my father Chathurika Sirisena 4144
- I will take legal action against ‘footnote’ accusations – Sujeewa Senasinghe 3374
- Andhra Pradesh keen on industrial corridor 3401
- US $100M Japanese loan for tea sector 3413
- Glyphosate ban has cut tea production by 20% 3478
- MV registrations down 40% in Aug 3642
- Global development financing short on capital supply 3397
- New Accounting body should not degrade Chartered Accountants - Bathiudeen 3407
- Mark Zuckerberg drops controversial stock plan 3387
- Asia markets close lower on Friday 3390
- World markets themes this week 3388
- Risk free policy environment needed to achieve 100% RE goal 3397
- Executing an Executive order 2798
- What are The Best Laxative Foods? 2620
- YOU CAN’T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER 3641
- What went wrong at the Apple Inc. iPhone X demo? 2536
- NASA's spacecraft makes death plunge into Saturn 2537
- Latest addition to the iphone family 2530
- best workout songs 1872
- BOUNCE BACK: AN OPEN MIC 1989
- close look at dreaded Sakata Yoga 2600
- Fortune and misfortune depicted in horoscope 2604
- Know the zodiac sign of your partner 2602
- Time to read first letters to toddlers 2582
- Secret Mantra that cures headache 2583
- CIBF and impact of culture on economy 2601
- Classical Chinese Poetry with a modernist face – 2 2596
- Time Never Waits 2607
- Hindi Diwas-2017 Indo-Lanka Hindi Sammelan 2594
- Music for Three 2586
- Handa Eliyata Wedi Tiyanna 2586
- How important pronunciation in foreign language teaching? 2580
- Body of the Text 3123
- Books, glorious books! 1933
- Every little heart deserves the best care 1933
- IN THE NICK OF THE TIME BUT YET.. 1933
- The Sri Lankan who always went places 1923
- The treatment of Diabetic Foot 1934
- Sri Lankans and their right to know 1925
- A Bibliophiles haven 2591
- Bluetooth can give your device security cavities 2605
- Narrative Progression 2596
- Strangers to friends 2590
- Colombo suits up 2603
- True inclusivity in the makeup world 2590