Multi Faceted talents in one soul
By Darshani Abeyrathna
With her dazzling looks and charming personality, she will be noticed by everyone. Bernadine Jayasinghe who is beautiful inside out shared her views with us in order to enlighten the lives of beautiful youngsters out here. It was a great privilege for us to share her ideas in her point of view. Breaking the Glass Ceiling, now she has climbed up the social ladder. Amazingly beautiful young lady would be an inspiration to look up to for all the youngsters.Just envisioning her credentials will make us feel like we've yet to accomplish loads of things in this life.
Q: Let us know a little bit about you
A. I'm Bernadine Jayasinghe a lecturer in a leading university, corporate trainer, entrepreneur, news anchor, TV presenter, Managing Director, CEO and the list goes on. I'm person who loves to keep my feet on the ground and believe the more you achieve, the more become successful; you should be humble and supportive to others.
Q: Where does your passion come from?
A. “My passion comes from within,” I would say.
Q: What makes you smile the most?
A.Witnessing someone's happiness and growth: Someone's smile will surely brighten up my face with a smile too.
Q: What music makes you cry?
A. Emotional / heartwarming music will never fail to make me cry.
Q: What little thing makes you the most grateful to be alive?
A. Love towards the world is the most grateful gift.
Q: What motivates you to get up and start on your hard days?
A. My motto motivates me when life gets hard; I keep on telling this to myself. “Earn to give earn to share”- Bernadine Jayasinghe. At the same time when you truly love what you do, you will get up however hard the day or the situation is. Entrepreneurship motivates me to get up and keep running too.
Q: How do you find strength when you are going through hardships?
A. I believe that your strength should be you no matter what. And it is a fact that everyone has ups and downs in life; it's all about how we face it, learn from it, experience, understand and keep moving towards the set goal. Life is an obstacle race, we need to face it with confidence and reach the final destination with an attitude of never giving up.
Q: What family member do you call when you have good news to share?
A. My mother is my strength and my pillar of success.
Q: Who inspires you to live your best life?
A. We are being blessed with one life, so inspire yourself to live your life to its fullest and be the inspiration you want to see. Start writing your own story.
Q: What are your best memories of speaking?
A. Speaking in South Korea in front of a massive audience from more than 10 countries can be taken out as one of unforgettable experiences in my life: Especially the moment where people congratulated and complimented about my speech.
Q: What speakers make you want to give up?
A. I believe in positive thinking, therefore I grab the motivating points only, and don't focus on the negative points.
Q: How do you divide your time between delivering ideas and creating them?
A. Most of the time I put more effort and invest more time in order to create, than the time I invest to deliver: You should keep in mind that In order to deliver well you need to create it well too. I start researching, analyzing and creating them at night after work.
Q: When you have to confront someone do you choose to stand strong, or to not say anything at all?
A.I will try to understand the situation and think strategically. I will surely stand strong.
Q: What person made you believe in love?
A. My mother.
Q: Do you believe in fate and that everything happens for a reason?
A. Yes I do, but if you work extremely hard and do the right thing always (do good) you can write your story.
Q: What makes you most proud of yourself?
A. I'm happy to say that I'm proud that no title or achievement was able to change me. I keep my feet on the ground. The more I achieve the more humble I like to be.
Q: When in a crisis, do you act calmly or do you automatically freak out?
A. Most of the time I act calmly yet it all depends according to the situation. Most of the time I believe freaking out will waste your time and lead to make a wrong decision, being calm and thinking strategically will definitely help to find the best solution
Q: What keeps you up at night?
A. Entrepreneurship dreams and love for work will always make me awake.
If there was one charity you could donate to, which would you choose?
Sponsor students for education
Q: What is the one quality you need in a significant other?
Q: Where do you envision yourself in five years from now?
A. You'll witness it in five years from now
Proposed crippling countrywide strike TO SAVE ECONOMY, ASSETS, NATURAL RESOURCES– D.J. RAJAKARUNA
- Harmony needed for religious freedom – Minister 2956
- CMC property taxes 2964
- Proposed tax on EPF, ETF ICEU seeks urgent meeting with Minister 2964
- Car plunges into river Two dead, three critically injured 3006
- Arson attack on schoolgirl’s house Minister promises new home 2972
- Australian gender advocate in Lanka Broderick to meet business, public leaders 2942
- Fire at Weligama textile store 2954
- Protest planned on Matale A9 Road Compensation demand for lost property 2949
- Rs 128,250,000 spent on survey Samurdhi union demands reimbursement 3030
- NEC to boost economy – President Shot in the arm for agriculture sector 2945
- Driver who killed 13 in Barcelona rampage Spanish police in manhunt 2933
- NLB, DLB back with Finance Ministry 2925
- Govt. has failed says Sampanthan Complains in letter to UNSG 2931
- New LG Draft Bill in Parliament on 24 August 2933
- Travis Sinniah appointed Navy Chief Holder of highest combat medal 3002
- Solution to ethnic issue New Constitution the only way – Mano 2929
- 18-year sentence sought for Lankan Convicted of human smuggling 2935
- SIS man on the mat Nabbed with gold at BIA 2934
- Dullas defends Wijeyadasa 2936
- Student leader Ryan remanded Surrenders to Court through lawyers 2930
- No mandate for foreign judges – Marapana 2906
- Floods, landslides cost Rs 109 B Rs 70B needed to rebuild houses – PM 2904
- China and Turkey aspiring for Greatness in the World 3377
- General Wanasinghe’s 84th birthday today 3495
- Wiggy blasts Thavarajah 3541
- Bribery and corruption pervasive malaise in Sri Lanka 3228
- Schoolboy publisher Notching up half a century in business 2937
- Spirits Nether world inhabitants visiting us 2939
- Persisting pseudo ideals 2921
- LAW OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 2035
- Seven countries compete 2938
- Saparamadu wins gold medal in Taiwan 3004
- Theekshana, Ranasinghe emerge champions 2935
- Doluweera and Sayuni win in chess 2937
- Singer Cup’ U-17 Division II Cricket St. Peter’s meet Galahitiyawa Central 2936
- Ronaldo nominated for FIFA player award 2940
- Halep advances 2922
- Ton-up Cook and Root give Windies hard day’s night 2925
- England power to semi finals 2932
- More Floodlights for Dambulla 3256
- Political commentary What’s next? Who’s next? 3819
- THE SHADOWS IN THE CB SCAMS 4602
- Turmeric eaten on daily basis reverses cancer Confirmed by new scientific evidence 4075
- Drivers welcome stiffer traffic fines 4807
- What the FCID have achieved since 2015 3891
- Proposed crippling countrywide strike TO SAVE ECONOMY, ASSETS, NATURAL RESOURCES– D.J. RAJAKARUNA 2805
- No taxes on EPF withdrawals– John Seneviratne 3432
- Zero support for Justice Minister within UNP – Ajith P. Perera 3481
- Recent increase in security has caused fear among Northerners – Ramanathan 2727
- Lanka should gain from OBOR - Dr. Jayasuriya 3991
- China cracks down on VPN vendors 2459
- Roaming downtime hits customers on Three in Europe 2454
- Very few girls took computing A-levels 2458
- Chatbot helps students to choose courses 2454
- Game of Thrones struck by fresh leak 2452
- Peanut allergy treatment ‘lasts up to four years’ 2457
- Anger and hatred can make us feel happy, says study 2446
- Japanese fungus spreading in UK hospitals 2450
- Plants ‘hijacked’ to make polio vaccine 2685
- Disruption is over, and Facebook won 2445
- A time of gifts Staying on 1541
- Manuka honey:The superbug killer 2471
- A time of gifts Trying to settle down 2260
- Chithral releases his latest song 1542
- Florals: A Fashion Favourite 1542
- Be a lioness not a lamb 1039
- Places to visit in Kandy 1394
- Dhothalu Oya Sandaraja Forest amidst tea estates 1520
- Understanding and Interpreting their results 1980
- Two lunar eclipses in August 1851
- Undergoing an Erashtaka period ? 1836
- Aging with Venus 1790
- Gemstones empower aura 1804
- Correlation Between Social Formation and Text 3895
- The global and local in Hong Kong cinema-part 05 3800
- Commendations or Brickbats 4443
- Why we should listen to Jane Austen in the age of Tinder 4586
- Lullaby of the Ever-Returning Love universal yet coloured by culture 4588
- A story of Palestinians without Palestine 3774
- First impressions, are they important? 3711
- Oscar nominee to perform in Sri Lanka 3702
- Healing the helpless 1859
- Winging it overseas 1843
- From the hospital to the news room 1863
- India revisited 1832
- Showers of blessings 1860
- Healing from port to port 1831
- Master gamers 1849
- The flawed beauty 1833
- The second best in Asia 1838
- Young robotics engineers 1797
- A quest to fight evil 1802
- NCT Dream 1800