Multi Faceted talents in one soul
By Darshani Abeyrathna
With her dazzling looks and charming personality, she will be noticed by everyone. Bernadine Jayasinghe who is beautiful inside out shared her views with us in order to enlighten the lives of beautiful youngsters out here. It was a great privilege for us to share her ideas in her point of view. Breaking the Glass Ceiling, now she has climbed up the social ladder. Amazingly beautiful young lady would be an inspiration to look up to for all the youngsters.Just envisioning her credentials will make us feel like we've yet to accomplish loads of things in this life.
Q: Let us know a little bit about you
A. I'm Bernadine Jayasinghe a lecturer in a leading university, corporate trainer, entrepreneur, news anchor, TV presenter, Managing Director, CEO and the list goes on. I'm person who loves to keep my feet on the ground and believe the more you achieve, the more become successful; you should be humble and supportive to others.
Q: Where does your passion come from?
A. “My passion comes from within,” I would say.
Q: What makes you smile the most?
A.Witnessing someone's happiness and growth: Someone's smile will surely brighten up my face with a smile too.
Q: What music makes you cry?
A. Emotional / heartwarming music will never fail to make me cry.
Q: What little thing makes you the most grateful to be alive?
A. Love towards the world is the most grateful gift.
Q: What motivates you to get up and start on your hard days?
A. My motto motivates me when life gets hard; I keep on telling this to myself. “Earn to give earn to share”- Bernadine Jayasinghe. At the same time when you truly love what you do, you will get up however hard the day or the situation is. Entrepreneurship motivates me to get up and keep running too.
Q: How do you find strength when you are going through hardships?
A. I believe that your strength should be you no matter what. And it is a fact that everyone has ups and downs in life; it's all about how we face it, learn from it, experience, understand and keep moving towards the set goal. Life is an obstacle race, we need to face it with confidence and reach the final destination with an attitude of never giving up.
Q: What family member do you call when you have good news to share?
A. My mother is my strength and my pillar of success.
Q: Who inspires you to live your best life?
A. We are being blessed with one life, so inspire yourself to live your life to its fullest and be the inspiration you want to see. Start writing your own story.
Q: What are your best memories of speaking?
A. Speaking in South Korea in front of a massive audience from more than 10 countries can be taken out as one of unforgettable experiences in my life: Especially the moment where people congratulated and complimented about my speech.
Q: What speakers make you want to give up?
A. I believe in positive thinking, therefore I grab the motivating points only, and don't focus on the negative points.
Q: How do you divide your time between delivering ideas and creating them?
A. Most of the time I put more effort and invest more time in order to create, than the time I invest to deliver: You should keep in mind that In order to deliver well you need to create it well too. I start researching, analyzing and creating them at night after work.
Q: When you have to confront someone do you choose to stand strong, or to not say anything at all?
A.I will try to understand the situation and think strategically. I will surely stand strong.
Q: What person made you believe in love?
A. My mother.
Q: Do you believe in fate and that everything happens for a reason?
A. Yes I do, but if you work extremely hard and do the right thing always (do good) you can write your story.
Q: What makes you most proud of yourself?
A. I'm happy to say that I'm proud that no title or achievement was able to change me. I keep my feet on the ground. The more I achieve the more humble I like to be.
Q: When in a crisis, do you act calmly or do you automatically freak out?
A. Most of the time I act calmly yet it all depends according to the situation. Most of the time I believe freaking out will waste your time and lead to make a wrong decision, being calm and thinking strategically will definitely help to find the best solution
Q: What keeps you up at night?
A. Entrepreneurship dreams and love for work will always make me awake.
If there was one charity you could donate to, which would you choose?
Sponsor students for education
Q: What is the one quality you need in a significant other?
Q: Where do you envision yourself in five years from now?
A. You'll witness it in five years from now
- Will Legal Action be taken to recover bonds scam loss? Corruption Watchdogs express concern
- PM’s special statement on bonds scam Rs 12B PTL assets under CB control Frozen assets to be used to regain Rs 9.2B loss
- Rift between SLFP and UNP Investors feel country unstable - SLID Chairman
- Approx 60 candidates unsuited for LG
- Failure to probe financial misconduct CIABOC charges ex-CJ Mohan Peiris with corruption
- PRECIFAC Report Majority implicated are SLFPers- Amaraweera
- Revocation of excise notice lifting ban on women FR petitioners to form army Mangala signs notice re-imposing ban on Cabinet request
- Reserves down $ 484.36M to $ 7,468.22M
- Marsoof Report on Muslim Matrimonial Law ready Committee Chair awaits meeting Justice Minister to release Report
- Mixing kerosene with diesel CPC closes petrol shed in Nawala Minister Ranatunga seeks public help to catch errant shed owners
- Public help sought to identify kidnappers
- MP Ranjith de Zoysa removed from SLFP organizer post
- Nepalese Army Chief of Staff meets SLAF Commander
- Perumal blasts TNA for clinging to Govt
- Poaching Indian fishers nabbed with heroin
- UNP’s Hassen Ali crosses over
- Female representation in politics should be 50 pc - Ponnambalam
- Akkaraipattu gets 4 agri roads
- Overseas travel ban on Aluthgamage lifted
- Pakistani Army Chief says Lanka has achieved significant development
- Posting Eelam/LTTE New Year greetings Suspects re-remanded
- Rohitha’s travel ban lifted
- I & E officers’ TU action meanders on
- HC hears plaintiff’s testimony
- Breach of trust and misappropriation Arrest warrant issued on singer Rajeew Sebastian
- Sri Lanka batters fail
- Chelsea edge into FA Cup fourth round
- Missed Messi penalty cost Barca in cup derby defeat
- Neymar scores four as Cavani matches Zlatan record
- Crowd behaves badly as prankster halts play
- Sainz closes in on second Dakar title
- Kohli named ‘Cricketer of the Year’
- Kanrich ‘B’ crush Stafford Motors
- Premier League Cricket Tier A Final six matches begins today
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-19 Cricket Ameen achieves 50 wicket milestone
- ‘Singer Cup’ Under-19 Schools Cricket Sebastians win by an innings
- Nayer charged under ICC anti-corruption code
- Sri Lanka Vs Bangladesh 2nd ODI Mathews under injury cloud
- Dayasiri blasts Arjuna Invites him to take over Selection Committee Invites him to take over Selection Committee
- 12th ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup SL meet Pakistan today
- FIFA World Cup in Colombo on 22 Jan
- Kerber sets up Sharapova clash
- CH bag fifth victory
- Wozniacki, Svitolina survive scares
- Afghanistan to play maiden Test at Bangalore in June
- No attempts to remove PUCSL members: Power Secretary
- Agreement with China, UN for fruit production
- Airbus Superjumbo jet’s future secured by Emirates order
- ‘Spot’ falls on political uncertainty
- Shares tumble further
- Asian shares mixed as China data comes in
- WE Have done everything possible to address Weliamuna issues: SriLankan
- China’s economy grew 6.9% in 2017, topping both official target and 2016 growth
- Indian Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad delivers Kadirgamar Lecture
- NDB’s ‘Pancha Maama’ visits Katana Pre-school
- Dialog Gaming’s Play Expo concludes successfully
- Ceylinco Life opens Green branch in Chilaw
- MBSL to host Vehicle Leasing Fair
- CTC laboratory receives ISO/IEC 17025:2005 certification
- Is bitcoin a ludicrous investment?
- Apple is pumping billions in cash back into US; a win for Trump
- Eden Resort & Spa wins Gold for third straight year
- Mohamed Riyal appointed Serendib Flour Mills CEO
- Lalith Wijetunge inducted as OPA President
- LAUGFS Lubricants Brand Ambassador triumphs
- National Prosperity Starter for turning the tide!
- Taiwan mulls Third gender option on passports, IDs
- Yemen could face famine in 2018
- Imposing Civic Liability for the Bond Scam
- With rebel ceasefire in tatters Fears of fresh displacement in Colombia –UN
- ‘Jallikattu’ Syndrome: Expression of ethnic angst
- Big brands unite to fight slavery in Asia Banks to casinos unite in fight
- Evolution of India’s Constitutional and Democratic Polity
- Overlooking the Monetary Law Act 1949 Politicization of the Central Bank
- Complete Rohingya return in two years Bangladesh agrees with Myanmar
- If given power We’ll develop country in two years -Chandrasiri Mahagamage
- Upcoming LG Elections a referendum
- No political solution for Tamil grievances in sight – Ananthy Sasitharan
- Division in SLFP main reason for UNP victory
- We don’t endorse Basil’s leadership
- National Prosperity Turning the Tide
- Disposable coffee cups:British lawmakers call for “latte levy”
- If only we could crackdown on the root causes to effect sustainable solutions Herein lies a Nation’s progress
- Planetary combines that foreshadow misfortune for father
- Pirith chants for abundant harvest
- Venus into Capricorn
- Vastu and Domestic Animals
- Yoga for Children and Adults with Disabilities
- Notes on history: The thinkers and the doers
- Reflections on a nation of non-readers
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Trump’s ‘madman’ ACT scared N. Korea to talks
- Calls for ‘revenge’ Israeli settler killed in attack
- Banning of Colombo Journal First English Newspaper
- Sri Lankan author publishes for the world
- Broadway brought to our own shores
- Celebrating the harvest