Multi Faceted talents in one soul
By Darshani Abeyrathna
With her dazzling looks and charming personality, she will be noticed by everyone. Bernadine Jayasinghe who is beautiful inside out shared her views with us in order to enlighten the lives of beautiful youngsters out here. It was a great privilege for us to share her ideas in her point of view. Breaking the Glass Ceiling, now she has climbed up the social ladder. Amazingly beautiful young lady would be an inspiration to look up to for all the youngsters.Just envisioning her credentials will make us feel like we've yet to accomplish loads of things in this life.
Q: Let us know a little bit about you
A. I'm Bernadine Jayasinghe a lecturer in a leading university, corporate trainer, entrepreneur, news anchor, TV presenter, Managing Director, CEO and the list goes on. I'm person who loves to keep my feet on the ground and believe the more you achieve, the more become successful; you should be humble and supportive to others.
Q: Where does your passion come from?
A. “My passion comes from within,” I would say.
Q: What makes you smile the most?
A.Witnessing someone's happiness and growth: Someone's smile will surely brighten up my face with a smile too.
Q: What music makes you cry?
A. Emotional / heartwarming music will never fail to make me cry.
Q: What little thing makes you the most grateful to be alive?
A. Love towards the world is the most grateful gift.
Q: What motivates you to get up and start on your hard days?
A. My motto motivates me when life gets hard; I keep on telling this to myself. “Earn to give earn to share”- Bernadine Jayasinghe. At the same time when you truly love what you do, you will get up however hard the day or the situation is. Entrepreneurship motivates me to get up and keep running too.
Q: How do you find strength when you are going through hardships?
A. I believe that your strength should be you no matter what. And it is a fact that everyone has ups and downs in life; it's all about how we face it, learn from it, experience, understand and keep moving towards the set goal. Life is an obstacle race, we need to face it with confidence and reach the final destination with an attitude of never giving up.
Q: What family member do you call when you have good news to share?
A. My mother is my strength and my pillar of success.
Q: Who inspires you to live your best life?
A. We are being blessed with one life, so inspire yourself to live your life to its fullest and be the inspiration you want to see. Start writing your own story.
Q: What are your best memories of speaking?
A. Speaking in South Korea in front of a massive audience from more than 10 countries can be taken out as one of unforgettable experiences in my life: Especially the moment where people congratulated and complimented about my speech.
Q: What speakers make you want to give up?
A. I believe in positive thinking, therefore I grab the motivating points only, and don't focus on the negative points.
Q: How do you divide your time between delivering ideas and creating them?
A. Most of the time I put more effort and invest more time in order to create, than the time I invest to deliver: You should keep in mind that In order to deliver well you need to create it well too. I start researching, analyzing and creating them at night after work.
Q: When you have to confront someone do you choose to stand strong, or to not say anything at all?
A.I will try to understand the situation and think strategically. I will surely stand strong.
Q: What person made you believe in love?
A. My mother.
Q: Do you believe in fate and that everything happens for a reason?
A. Yes I do, but if you work extremely hard and do the right thing always (do good) you can write your story.
Q: What makes you most proud of yourself?
A. I'm happy to say that I'm proud that no title or achievement was able to change me. I keep my feet on the ground. The more I achieve the more humble I like to be.
Q: When in a crisis, do you act calmly or do you automatically freak out?
A. Most of the time I act calmly yet it all depends according to the situation. Most of the time I believe freaking out will waste your time and lead to make a wrong decision, being calm and thinking strategically will definitely help to find the best solution
Q: What keeps you up at night?
A. Entrepreneurship dreams and love for work will always make me awake.
If there was one charity you could donate to, which would you choose?
Sponsor students for education
Q: What is the one quality you need in a significant other?
Q: Where do you envision yourself in five years from now?
A. You'll witness it in five years from now
- The Architecture of Democracy’s Processes
- WHY A N-E MERGER IS UNNECESSARY NEW CONSTITUTION:A VERITABLE TIME BOMB!
- Six houses damaged in wild jumbo fury Jittery villagers live in fear
- ‘Faculty Day’ at SEUSL
- Sponsor Free Visa Lanka dropped in new Oman facility The Maldives, Bhutan on selected list
- Two killed in crash on E-03
- Indian HC launches B. Tech degree course at SIBA
- Devolution might have an adverse effect on healthcare GMOA
- Girl expelled from school NCPA to act on Police probe
- People’s plight has worsened Siriwimala Thera
- This is no fairy tale Sheree joyously waits Meeting up with biological mum and twin sis in Gampaha
- Prompt aid for disaster victims Ranil Flays Ministries for delays
- Alleged assault on protesters: Report to NPC next week
- Aloysius senior in alleged estate scam Rs 8,000 as rent for 450 acres
- New Constitution not prepared yet Ranil
- Tamil translation of proposed new Constitution Public invited to participate
- President dares critics provide solutions to devolution
- Pakistan’s press freedom not suppressed-Janjua
- President visits Vithya’s mother
- Temple of Tooth gets new mallet Gifted by ex-Japanese politician
- Govt to hold back Audit Bill Claiming AG Dept unions’ opposition
- Sampanthan and Pablo meet Prisoners, land issues raised
- Unemployment increases to 4.5% Labour force drops to 53.9%
- Government debt passes Rs 10 Trillion
- Death of Jacintha Peiris
- Sri Lanka aim to arrest slide
- Sri Lanka ‘A’ tour of the Caribbean Sri Lanka ‘A’ win by 280 runs
- Former Police ruggerite ‘Kunta’ dies
- Kandy SC beat Singapore
- Blue and Gold Hockey 7s Nalanda and Musaeus emerge champions
- Kohli scores 100 in his 200th ODI match
- Dialog Champions League Matara hold Renown to a draw
- Man Utd loss lets Man City pull away
- WEBXPAY partners with Havelock Sports Club
- Dialog spearheads ‘Play for a Cause’ to empower School Cricket
- MCA ‘B’ Division 50 –Over League Tournament 2018 Unbeaten MAS Silueta emerge champions
- Singer Trophy’ Under-13 Division I Cricket Induwara scores first double ton
- DSI Supersport Schools’ Volleyball Championship National level finals begin today
- My dream has come true: Thisara
- Thisara to lead SL T/20 team
- Blue and Gold Hockey Sevens Pre quarter-finalists found
- Sri Lanka ‘A’ lead by 370 runs
- Gozal wins singles crown
- ‘Singer Cup’ Under-19 Schools Cricket St. Sebastian’s take lead
- Air Force trounce Up Country Lions
- The need for a balanced National Tobacco Policy
- A sweeter path to sustainable energy
- Will Australia’s ‘miracle economy’ keep on winning?
- Rumours aside, the ‘world’s biggest IPO’ is on track
- Bring Wet Zone under the plough Only 22% get Govt drought relief WFP
- Startup success, and the new future of consumer testing
- CHINA’S ASIA VISION similar to 1945, WITH ONE DIFFERENCE MONEY Post-World War plans inspired many, but were undermined by a dire economic situation
- US business goes in to battle for cherished tax breaks Lobbyists descend on the Hill as Republicans debate eliminating popular loopholes
- OPPO to launch new Selfie Expert First full-screen device from the smartphone brand
- Advantis Engineering awarded at NCASL Construct 2017
- COMBANK UnionPay now POS-enabled
- Asian markets higher after US budget measures Kiwi dollar falls to multi-month lows
- CBSL retires Rs 8.8 B worth of MP
- US $152 M Bibile sugar investment in peril Mahaweli Authority delays eviction of land encroachers
- Philippines wary of SL-like ‘debt trap’ Vice President warns against heavy Chinese funding
- ‘Invest Sri Lanka’ at iconic NASDAQ site
- Int’l Trade Ministry should handle tea exports Exporters Rs 2 B of promotional funds misdirected by last regime Govt to remove promotional levy; TEA calls for removal of all CESSes
- Govt invests Rs 225 M to computerize Tea Auction
- Shares recover from 10-day low on Friday
- Milan Maersk docks in Colombo CICT welcomes one of the world’s largest ships
- Extremism will strengthen the devil
- Kiriella tells Dinesh ‘You’ve misled Mahanayakes’
- Concentrated wisdom Learning from others
- lateral thinking Nation’s guardians celebrate 68th Anniversary
- A Time of Gifts Starting to wind down
- Plague in Madagascar: Death toll nears 100
- Tiger Trap
- Chronic kidney diseases Pinning down ‘culprits’
- Federalism made a dirty word by politicians - Wigneswaran
- 100th Birth Anniversary Mahanama Samaraweera was a Housing Minister without a house - H.G. Sirisena
- Suicide prevention Sri Lanka has made best improvements WHO data outdated
- Namal trying hard to become a political prisoner Betrays protesters to party in Russia – Rajakaruna
- Aloysius should have been arrested-Namal Rajapaksa
- No Revenge I want to embrace all those who left us – Basil Rajapaksa
- Large Industrial Zone for Thulhiriya
- A Constitutional Framework for Sri Lanka
- UNHRC Resolution 30/1 Implications for Sri Lanka (Part II) (Based on a presentation to the OPA)
- Electoral Reforms are for People’s Benefit
- Saturn’s return to Sagittarius on Oct: 26
- SATURN TRANSITS SAGITTARIUS
- Saturn transits Sagittarius October 26 onwards crucial for offenders
- How to relieve a headache in five minutes
- Best ways to use illusion
- Kazuo Ishiguro and English diction
- KAZUO ISHIGURO – the new Nobel Laureate
- Flair for the Exotic
- OUSL wins Gold and Silver medals for the Best Practice Award
- Invitation for Project proposals
- Colombo Theatre Forum The Dramaturge
- Fairway English Creative Writing Workshop 2017
- Inspired by farms and country
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- “My greatest achievement is yet to be achieved” - Thiyasha De Fonseka
- WAXED COLOMBO
- Writer’s Kitchenette Banana Bread Cheesecake
- Was Dudley Senanayake aware of the ‘62’ coup
- Batticaloa MP Sinna Lebbe proposed Lion Flag
- The Deadliest Bombing in Somalia
- Long live Sybil!
- Pettah’s ‘Fashion Star’
- Do’s and don’ts of celebrating your child’s birthday at an orphanage