IoT for a good night’s sleep
By Shenali Welikala
With Internet of Things and the current technological development the core values of our human life has been transferred to the control of machines. The only thing that was safe from IoT was our mental control and now technology has finally taken control over it, too. How about technology controlling your sleep, dreams and your mental status? Here is such a device. This device is human friendly and doubtlessly positive to human wellbeing.
Sleep accounts for a third of our lives yet we take sleeping for granted. Neuroon is an open source wearable EEG mask that measures your sleep, helps you adjust your bedroom conditions and supports you with smart meditation and lucid dreaming induction.
The key features of Neuroon Open are the advanced sleep measurement based on EEG (brain activity), A/B testing of your sleep, smart wake up and naps, audio guided meditation sessions, lucid dreaming induction, smart home integration that you can also programme on your own.
The device is controlled by the Neuroon App which will optimize the use of the device.
Over 10,000 devices of Neuroon has been sold all around the world. When you purchase the product you will receive a mask, the adjustable band, a smart pack which contains the electronic circuit of the device, the charging cord and last but not the least the user manual.
How is the real time sleep tracking done? First the sensors in the device gathers your sleeping data during your sleep, then the artificial intelligence algorithms analyse these data, then the results will instantly appear on the Neuroon App and finally by following these data one can improve their sleeping patterns.
What information do these sensors gather? They gather brainwaves, the heart rate, the oxygen saturation, changes in your skin temperature and the movements you make during sleep.
The neuron app acts as a remote controller for the device which is both created for android and IOS. Apart from the above mentioned devices available with the package there is also a Neuroon open head phone which is a great addition to the Neuroon Open. It basically cancels all noises and these headphones will support you while meditation, allowing you to have audio sessions for lucid dreaming induction and finally to get some peace and quiet when needed. The neuron headset can be used via Bluetooth or 3.5mm audio cable.
There are buttons where you can answer your calls as well as some buttons to switch between songs.
This can be an ideal product to all you techy people out there and for those who like to optimize their correct sleeping patterns. Purchase one and experience the beauty of IoT in your sleep.
- Russia Connection: Is Trump Having Sleepless Nights?
- Completing large-scale projects:Indians no match for Chinese – Dr. Narayan
- Railway services disrupted Derailment, fallen trees and collisions faulted
- Gold biscuits smuggled from SL seized in TN
- Options for money recovery post-PCoI bonds scam report
- Nettikumara’s FR petition SC to consider on 28 Nov
- Unidentified group threaten bank manager
- Refusal to hoist National Flag I have the same political reservations Wigneswaran
- Govt promises IQAAC by mid next year
- Govt compromising State education – Dr. Jayatissa By seeking quick solutions to economic challenges
- AGM of Old Anandians, Panadura Branch
- Two more AAVA men nabbed
- Sammanthurai school principal remanded Charged with sexual abuse of minors
- Bonds scam probe COPE Members should not converse with Aloysius Navin
- Probe content of calls to COPE members Handunnetti
- UNP has a better voter base than the SLFP Navin
- CWG H’tota 2018’s vanishing funds Need to probe missing Rs 900 M – Kabir
- Treating alcohol related diseases Expenditure more than revenue earned survey
- Bonds Scam I contacted Aloysius to conduct research – Sujeewa
- Breach of MPs’ parliamentary privileges Speaker refers matter to Privileges Committee
- Kiriella supports private education Says Govt cannot cater to all wanting higher studies
- Basil’s petition decision on 24 November
- Character certificate at end of term - Sirisena
- Gamini Senarath et al out on bail
- Gnanasara boasts of his ability Says can orchestrate bloodbath in under 2 hours
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-19 Cricket Rusara’s 12-wicket haul steers Gurukula
- Kumar, Dhawan opt out of 2nd Sri Lanka Test
- Pothas pleased with SL performance
- Everton’s Niasse charged over diving
- Mahmud temporary Bangladesh coach
- Aus-Eng Women’s T20I series Wyatt’s 56-ball century wipes out Australia
- Navy in impressive win
- Swiss Football Team arrives for 14 day tour
- Vidyartha Colours and Gold awards ceremony
- NSSF Trap Open Shotgun Championship Gilbert and Negombo RC dominate
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-13 Div.II (Second Round) Sebastianites gain first inning points
- Federer, Nadal set for repeat show in 2018?
- Untested but defiant, Aussies seek to strike ‘fear’ in Ashes
- Can England tick without Big Ben?
- Warner hit by neck injury ahead of Ashes
- Sharapova named in India luxury housing fraud probe
- ‘Singer Cup’ Under-19 Schools Cricket 20 wickets fall on day one
- Kohli scores 50th international century Bad light saves Sri Lanka
- I want to continue contributing - Kohli
- England motivated as ever even without Stokes
- BOI to hit $1.5B FDI this year
- Ease repatriation rule on earnings: Exporters
- 'Economy doomed without RCEP, TPP'
- India open to linking national power grids
- Tea, rubber output up, coconut down
- CBSL prints Rs 4.5 B
- Shares down despite higher foreign trade
- Tencent chief ‘richer than Google founders'
- Asian markets higher on upbeat economic data
- SL obsessed with Tamil Nadu for business
- Virtual connectivity to facilitate FDI
- London loses EU agencies in Brexit relocation
- Renuka Hotels Limited commences trading at CSE
- Amagi Hotels invests Us$ 60M with an international chain
- Sampath Cards offers many discounts
- Cyaniq to handle ATSL Telecom brand repositioning
- Why Trump’s CNN Attacks Could Help the deal
- How your electric car could be ‘a virtual power station’
- Insiders Do More Than Trade in India
- Do trade restrictions work? Lessons from trade with Japan in the 1980s
- Regulation of social media A desideratum to control fake news
- Global slavery About 40 million victims last year
- Budget follows IMF guidelines
- Spaceport UK
- TNA crisis Enmity within
- Trade liberalization cycle Opening up the logistics and shipping sectors
- Geopolitics of Floating Bases And the New World Order
- China and Vietnam: Beyond Diplomacy
- Middle East: Kurdish Pawn Sacrificed
- Concretes and abstracts Two comics at the Savoy in London
- Was the fuel crisis created to get rid of Arjuna ? IOC ship still off the seas of Trincomalee
- Eastern Provincial Council destroyed- Hafiz
- eLECTRIC AND HYBRID CARS MUST BE PRICED REASONABLY
- Wigneswaran’s claim Devanampiya Tissa was a Tamil king An academically naïve proposition Prof Raj Somadeva
- There is no journey with the UNP
- An argument for a new Constitution
- ‘Otriachchi’, ‘Orumiththa Nadu’, ‘Aekeeya Rajya’ and unitary state
- A Constitutional Framework for Sri Lanka
- PAST LIFE AND RULING PLANETS IN KRISHNAMURTHI PADHDHATHI
- Build before onset of Kona Masa
- Palms of road accident victims
- Want to get rid of malefic Saturn ?
- Installing doors and windows according to Vastu
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Two documentaries on Sri Lanka in Film South Asia 2017
- Politics of nostalgia
- Vibrancy of classical Sinhala poetry
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Conquering Fashion
- Gavin Ryan’s Salon Professionalism to the next level
- THE WRITER’S KITCHENETTE THE CRANBERRY ADVENTURES
- Calamitous Earthquake in Iran
- Scientists warn of ‘giant leap backward’ at climate talks
- Death of Ananda Senaratne