Shadow planets transit new Houses
By Jayantha Ekanayake
The period ahead will be astrologically important since a number of planetary transits are on the cards. Amongst, the most crucial planetary transit in the year, is the transit of shadow planets that took place recently; it has captured the attention of many including astrologers as well as Astrology enthusiasts. Rahu and Kethu are considered shadow planets; but still they are known to be highly influential towards human beings. Rahu transited Cancer which is its inimical house whereas Kethu transited the house of Capricorn. Both planets will remain in Cancer and Capricorn until March 07 2019.
Rahu is symbolically illustrated in Vedic astrology as a combination of snake head and a human body; and it is considered a shadow planet that brings either auspicious or inauspicious consequences. Those who have been born under Cancer are facing a challenging period ahead with the advent of Rahu into the house of Cancer. Others who have been born under the 2nd Pada of Pusha and Aslisa are going through the same malefic period. Irrespective of the zodiac sign that someone belongs to, persons born under aforementioned asterisms seem to be on the verge of a hammering period since Moon the ruling planet of the psychic life of human beings is conjunct with Rahu. Psychological imbalances are to be experienced by the ones undergoing major or interim periods of Mars, Saturn or Rahu. They could be driven by unwholesome thoughts; thus, their behaviour may be ruled by enmity and hatred. Therefore, control over thoughts and behaviour ought to be maintained. Let us consider as to how the transit of Rahu may affect zodiac signs.
Day to day expenditure of Leos will be on the rise and they may get entangled in legal matters during the period. Period ahead seems auspicious for foreign tours.
Lower financial growth would no longer remain due to the transit of Rahu; and period ahead might be satisfactory in terms of financial gains.
Work place stress as well as work related issues might have to be expected; in the meantime, transfers could also be anticipated as Rahu is currently posited in the 10th house.
Rahu posited in the 10th might bring malefic effects on Scorpios.
Though unexpected monetary gains might come your way, sudden accidents and traumatic events might trouble you.
Break ups, marital conflicts and frustrations might have to be expected.
You will be unshaken though inimical influences might keep bothering you. You will be courageous in handling enemies since Rahu is located in the 6th.
Students ought to move ahead with a sense of determination as there might be obstacles ahead. Parents might get busy with sorting out issues of their children. Lovers need to be cautious as obstacles may affect their relationship.
Property related issues as well as psychological conflicts could be expected as Rahu is located in the 4th.
Period seems favourable to you since Rahu is placed in the 3rd. Fame and popularity will follow you; but the period might not be
healthy for your siblings.
Expenses might be on the rise though unexpected monetary gains might favour you. Conflicts with close ones couldbe expected.
Ritualistic practices to overcome malefic effects
Offering flowers known as 'Wetakeiya' (screwpine) to the triple gem and performing 'Bodhi-pooja'or planting a 'Wetakeiya' plant in the garden might help overcome the negative defects. Rescuing and saving the lives of other creatures will also be beneficial. Wearing a hessonite embedded ring or 'Nagarjun' talisman energized thousand times would also free you from malefic effects.
Lanka Private Bus Owners’ Association President says Bus lanes are good but more needs to be done
Mahinda Rajapaksa :I did my best for the CountrySays Constitution allows him to become Prime Minister
- Modern slavery most prevalent in Africa followed by Asia and Pacific 2781
- Sexual dissatisfaction main cause of divorce in Iran 2823
- Oral cancer kills 3 daily 2,400 new patients each year 2823
- Lanka, Iran in prisoner swap Agreement to be signed soon 2772
- WAN perturbed over Disappearances Bill Government reneging on commitments 2782
- CaFFE decries PC Amendment Bill ‘Laughing mixture’ of hybrid electioneering 2780
- Social Innovation Lab 2769
- US training for Customs officials Strategic Trade Enforcement 2769
- Excavation in Gommunnakanda 450 families affected 2769
- Kamal Hassan enters politics 2801
- Mangala gets his first Rs 5k note 2769
- To Maximize Hambantota’s True Potential Recognize China’s Importance – Hang 2780
- Grenades found at SLIC 2762
- NFIs In GSM Pass Rs 80B 2766
- ‘Deranged’ Trump will pay dearly for UN speech – Kim 2764
- Extending Marine Drive ‘New tech’ to save S. Thomas’ – Kiriella 3032
- Amendments to LG ordinances Debate on 26 Sept 2766
- Stance on interim report JO MPs to seek MR’s view 2762
- Schoolchildren in ‘Osari Pota’ issue NCPA furious, launches full probe 2781
- Interim Report on Constitutional Amendments attacked Play on critical words risk country’s sovereignty – SP Gov 2767
- Talks between Sirisena & Deuba SAARC takes centre stage 2762
- Handunnetti says: Failed Airbus deal cost the Govt USD 125 M Halt production on orders to cut losses 2765
- Rebuilding Sri Lanka President Sirisena seeks US help 2767
- Soft liquor laws to be relaxed Move essential for tourism 2776
- Treasury Bonds Probe Undated letter a complete fabrication – ASG 2812
- Between men and women A yawning gap 2119
- Salient features of a new Constitution 2145
- A Time of Gifts The Byron Conference in Greece 2147
- How will coins and notes make up 100 million? 2155
- People’s worst enemy 2160
- Cricketers challenge Pramodya’s allegations 2473
- NOC not responsible in selection process - Hemasiri 2494
- Wilwara brace in vain as Kandy lose 23-24 2473
- Sri Lanka face uphill task in group A 2475
- Prima Champions Cup U-15 Provincials Cricket Western Province Central and Uva win 2465
- De Mazenod marks only win 2463
- Amazing Anitha vaults to new SL record 2640
- Over 350 rowers vying for honours 2459
- Burgher Association Cricket Sixes 2458
- 24th Richmond - Aloysius Annual Rugby Encounter Keen tussle expected in Galle today 2461
- Within the arc of Chinese influence 3216
- Big Ivan – Russia’s Bang! 2355
- Sri Lanka is a stable country now 2835
- Heading Hybrid Renewable Energy Lights Up Eluvaithivu Island 3026
- ‘Capacity To Pay’, ‘Ability To Pay’ Govt’s New Rates Question Tax Principles 3668
- Mother was a steadfast support to my father Chathurika Sirisena 4075
- I will take legal action against ‘footnote’ accusations – Sujeewa Senasinghe 3340
- We are making plans to topple the Government 3821
- We will not support the 20th Amendment – Suresh Premachandran 3138
- Lanka Private Bus Owners’ Association President says Bus lanes are good but more needs to be done 2933
- Who Rules America? The Power Elite in the Time of Trump 2479
- How do you like your wine – with a cork or screw-cap? 2471
- Toys ‘R’ us bankruptcy How bad assumptions feed bad financial planning, creating failure 2469
- Financial companies need to reinvent 3026
- TEA REVENUE TOPS RS 150B 3026
- Inflation accelerates to 7.9% in August 3008
- Cyber threats: Global stock exchanges vigilant 3004
- Shares fall ending 5-day streak 3004
- Google signs $1.1B HTC smartphone deal 3012
- $ 77M Drained For Debt Servicing 2998
- Executing an Executive order 2767
- What are The Best Laxative Foods? 2585
- YOU CAN’T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER 3606
- NASA's spacecraft makes death plunge into Saturn 2510
- Latest addition to the iphone family 2502
- best workout songs 1845
- BOUNCE BACK: AN OPEN MIC 1961
- Cosplayer fame 2209
- Astrological clue to the nature of your progeny 2442
- Vasu Defects that Affect Business Places 2430
- Venus the planet of love 2426
- Egypt before Pharaohs: When Gods ruled the Earth 2396
- Omens connected with muscle twitching 2384
- Body of the Text 3105
- Academic approaches to peace building and reconciliation 3113
- Insights into the life of remarkable missionary 3146
- Theatre Critics 3065
- Jaffna International Cinema Festival 2017 (JaffnaICF 2017) 3089
- Grammar through Literature and A Thousand Voiced Choir 3067
- Healing the wounded hearts 3064
- Labour power discourse in cinema 3346
- Animals in thirst 2753
- Enhancing life to the very end 2766
- Hearts break in silence 2755
- Awards for alumni at ‘the best school of all’ 2723
- Blue sky in warm champagne 2722
- A will of steel 2721
- Neural engines: the future of AI 2421
- CLOSING SOME WINDOWS 2414
- Celebrating 23 years 2416
- Dahl’s Twisted, Overlooked Stories for Adults 2395
- Powerful voices and musical talent 2397
- The business of fandom 2405