Shadow planets transit new Houses
By Jayantha Ekanayake
The period ahead will be astrologically important since a number of planetary transits are on the cards. Amongst, the most crucial planetary transit in the year, is the transit of shadow planets that took place recently; it has captured the attention of many including astrologers as well as Astrology enthusiasts. Rahu and Kethu are considered shadow planets; but still they are known to be highly influential towards human beings. Rahu transited Cancer which is its inimical house whereas Kethu transited the house of Capricorn. Both planets will remain in Cancer and Capricorn until March 07 2019.
Rahu is symbolically illustrated in Vedic astrology as a combination of snake head and a human body; and it is considered a shadow planet that brings either auspicious or inauspicious consequences. Those who have been born under Cancer are facing a challenging period ahead with the advent of Rahu into the house of Cancer. Others who have been born under the 2nd Pada of Pusha and Aslisa are going through the same malefic period. Irrespective of the zodiac sign that someone belongs to, persons born under aforementioned asterisms seem to be on the verge of a hammering period since Moon the ruling planet of the psychic life of human beings is conjunct with Rahu. Psychological imbalances are to be experienced by the ones undergoing major or interim periods of Mars, Saturn or Rahu. They could be driven by unwholesome thoughts; thus, their behaviour may be ruled by enmity and hatred. Therefore, control over thoughts and behaviour ought to be maintained. Let us consider as to how the transit of Rahu may affect zodiac signs.
Day to day expenditure of Leos will be on the rise and they may get entangled in legal matters during the period. Period ahead seems auspicious for foreign tours.
Lower financial growth would no longer remain due to the transit of Rahu; and period ahead might be satisfactory in terms of financial gains.
Work place stress as well as work related issues might have to be expected; in the meantime, transfers could also be anticipated as Rahu is currently posited in the 10th house.
Rahu posited in the 10th might bring malefic effects on Scorpios.
Though unexpected monetary gains might come your way, sudden accidents and traumatic events might trouble you.
Break ups, marital conflicts and frustrations might have to be expected.
You will be unshaken though inimical influences might keep bothering you. You will be courageous in handling enemies since Rahu is located in the 6th.
Students ought to move ahead with a sense of determination as there might be obstacles ahead. Parents might get busy with sorting out issues of their children. Lovers need to be cautious as obstacles may affect their relationship.
Property related issues as well as psychological conflicts could be expected as Rahu is located in the 4th.
Period seems favourable to you since Rahu is placed in the 3rd. Fame and popularity will follow you; but the period might not be
healthy for your siblings.
Expenses might be on the rise though unexpected monetary gains might favour you. Conflicts with close ones couldbe expected.
Ritualistic practices to overcome malefic effects
Offering flowers known as 'Wetakeiya' (screwpine) to the triple gem and performing 'Bodhi-pooja'or planting a 'Wetakeiya' plant in the garden might help overcome the negative defects. Rescuing and saving the lives of other creatures will also be beneficial. Wearing a hessonite embedded ring or 'Nagarjun' talisman energized thousand times would also free you from malefic effects.
Ministry Secretaries should be appointed on Best interest of Public not Minister Lethargy blocking change
- Action against COPE MPs caught talking to Aloysius Speaker to meet party leaders this week
- UNP furious over phone tapping CID, AG’s Dept blamed for ‘media show’
- Treasury Bonds Probe AG to question PM
- Gintota clashes 19 remanded Govt on desperate mission to arrest extremists
- ‘A prisoner in Indian jail on Eelam soil’
- Sagala vows to crush Aava group Police deployed in full strength
- Politico’s son-in-law in school frock drama Teacher threatened after student is reprimanded
- Lanka alarmed over increased smuggling of ‘KG’
- SC to hear Tangalle ASP assault case
- 656 kg Glyphosate nabbed
- FPTP opens gate for undesirables, warns Amunugama
- EC to issue nomination notice on 27th
- NPC Education Minister shuns national flag Sarveshwaran was Chief Guest at school event
- Geological changes in Jaffna – Academics
- Violence against children World Vision launches campaign
- Females from soldier families on SLPP list
- JO goes to CIABOC against five COPE members
- Warrant issued on Jaliya Wickramasuriya For failure to appear in court
- Appuhamy admits to communicating with Aloysius Denies wrongdoing
- Gota’s objections thrown out Avant Garde case to go ahead
- JVP to team up with the devil! Vows to defeat LG polls gazette case
- UNP and JO in ‘secret deal’ to tarnish SLFP – Dayasiri
- CID evidence on COPE members and Aloysius JO urges Speaker to investigate
- An Inconsistent US Assertive China and Asia’s Hobbesian Order
- Jorge Sharp and Citizen Movements:New Momentum for Chilean Left?
- Angelo, Lahiru prop Sri Lanka
- Ritzbury Sir John Tarbat Junior School Athletic Championship 2017 Janadhipathi BV and St. Joseph’s emerge champions
- Air Force, Police look for first win
- Navy defeat lethargic Havies
- CEB emerge Super League Champs
- Rambukwella scores ton
- ‘Singer Cup’ Under-19 Schools Cricket Buddila steers St. Aloysius
- Pelican SC win
- HNB clinch two titles
- Nadal wins defamation case
- One-legged footballer melts hearts
- Paine handed shock recall for Australia
- Italy's stars fall back to earth in Serie A
- 20th Army Para Athletic Meet 700 Servicemen and 5 Koreans in the fray 2 Korean Olympians provide international flavour
- 47 successful at AASL Technical Officers exam
- England’s May up to speed for Wallabies
- MCA Premier League 2018 MAS and DIMO into Semis
- 34th MBA Inter-Firm Team Badminton Championships 2017 McLarens Group are overall champions
- Fourteen teams for beach tag rugby
- CH in vigorous win over CR
- Aviation sector to be liberalized
- Telcos to lobby against levy
- How 5 massive Trade Deals Have Fared under Trump
- Securing the social licence to operate
- China stealthily pouring money into India
- Managing taxpayer money: Targets, promises and real achievements
- LB Finance reports solid 1H results
- HNB Group posts Rs 16.8 B PBT
- Study on the Non-Banking Financial Industry
- People’s Bank installs ATM at Ella Railway Station
- World’s fastest car redefining education
- Abans Homes Instyle: Furniture of the future
- Transforming Sri Lanka’s real estate landscape
- Access Engineering lays new road along Beira
- Should Sri Lanka become a Tea Hub?
- Amãna Takaful wins at SLIM NASCO 2017
- Glow Skincare aids flood victims through ‘Purple Fashionista’
- Seylan rewards monthly draw winners
- Turkish Airlines to offer stopover in Istanbul
- taxpayer revolt if Republicans kill deduction?
- Best Wishes
- Remembering ‘Dictionary Johnson’
- Budgetary design of blue green enterprise
- A Time of Gifts Different Perspectives
- We were forced to work like animals
- Concretes and abstracts Two comics at the Savoy in London
- Row over beer tax
- Illegal mining Muttur’s sandy secret Hundreds of tons of sand taken away at night
- PM before Bond Commission tomorrow
- BREXIT Impact on free movement of people
- Wigneswaran’s claim Devanampiya Tissa was a Tamil king An academically naïve proposition Prof Raj Somadeva
- There is no journey with the UNP
- Core values of the UNP are eroding - Pradeep Jayewardene
- UN compensation for Kuwait workers Rs 3.2 B on migrant worker welfare
- Professor Matteo Legrenzi says: Gulf States are not keen on all-out war
- An argument for a new Constitution
- ‘Otriachchi’, ‘Orumiththa Nadu’, ‘Aekeeya Rajya’ and unitary state
- A Constitutional Framework for Sri Lanka
- PAST LIFE AND RULING PLANETS IN KRISHNAMURTHI PADHDHATHI
- Build before onset of Kona Masa
- Palms of road accident victims
- Want to get rid of malefic Saturn ?
- Installing doors and windows according to Vastu
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Two documentaries on Sri Lanka in Film South Asia 2017
- Politics of nostalgia
- Vibrancy of classical Sinhala poetry
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Conquering Fashion
- Gavin Ryan’s Salon Professionalism to the next level
- THE WRITER’S KITCHENETTE THE CRANBERRY ADVENTURES
- Calamitous Earthquake in Iran
- Scientists warn of ‘giant leap backward’ at climate talks
- Death of Ananda Senaratne