Power of Candles
BY Natasha Siribaddana
The use of candles can set up your grumpy self to something more soothing. The use of candle light was abundant during the medieval era. After the discovery of light bulbs back in 1802 the world was not in complete darkness. The life around that time was simple, they used candles. The light from a candle is nothing compared to the light emitted by an electronic bulb.
The origin of candles goes back to Han China around 200 BC, and was made up of whale fat. That changed into other forms to have a lasting effect. The candles made in Europe use natural fat, tallow and wax. The ancient Rome had a difficulty of using beeswax due to cost, so they switched to tallow. Tallow is a rendered form of beef or mutton fat. It is solid at room temperature.
Manufacture of candles is initially started as a mass production in 1834, by Joseph Morgan, from Manchester, England, patented a machine that revolutionized candle making. The action of his created an era without darkness. It was a lovely as well as dangerous time. Loveliness can turn into one sad story if one candle starts burning down a house. So many incidents flood in because of fires caused by candles. To be fair from all good inventions there is both good and bad results.
We cannot avoid it maybe so many lives have lost because of these fires. By the end of the day it is the people's fault for leaving the candles lit on.
The people had the opportunity to work during the night time. Now if we switch back to the era of candle light everything will become dark. If we look at the plus point of this is we will save a lot of energy to the future. This age will not come back for a long time.
People don't use any candles that much people use it as decorative and during a power cut. Due to the fall in market of the candles now candles are quite expensive. But the sparks of candles are still alive, and burning in an expensive way.
After the advance of the technology candles are mainly composed Paraffin wax is a white or colourless soft solid derivable from petroleum, coal or shale. You even can make of your own candles at home and add personal touch to the fragrance.
The fragrance vanilla or jasmine throughout the air you inhale is the best kind of therapy you need after a hectic day at work. To activate a Chill Mode to your mind, just go lit up some candles. It doesn't matter whether the candles are non-scented. The immediate feeling candles burning around in the darkness you will never have in busy life. They are used as a mediating tool.
If you lit up a candle with some instrumental songs playing around in background, this will create the perfect mood for you to meditate or just relax. It is important to give your mind a break once in a while by these simple things. It won't work to all because we all have are ways to relax. You can always try new thing.
These fragrances as mentioned below are the best to use during aroma therapy.
Lemon candles: This scent promotes concentration and has calming and clarifying properties that are helpful when you're feeling angry, anxious or run down. Lemon also has antiviral and antibacterial properties and can help fight sore throats and colds by boosting the body's immune system and improving circulation.
Lavender candles: This essential oil has calming properties that help control emotional stress. Lavender has a soothing effect on nerves and can relieve nervous tension and depression as well as treat headaches and migraines.
Jasmine candles: Like lavender, jasmine it is also used to calm nerves, but this oil is also commonly used as an anti-depressant because of its uplifting capabilities that produce a feeling of confidence, optimism and revitalized energy
Rosemary candles: This is the perfect Monday morning pick-me-up. In addition to improving memory retention, rosemary has stimulating properties that fight physical exhaustion, headaches and mental fatigue. Rosemary can also be used topically to relieve muscular aches and pains.
Cinnamon candles: The stimulating properties in cinnamon can help fight mental fatigue and improve concentration and focus.
Peppermint candles: Try peppermint when brainstorming. An energy booster, this scent invigorates the mind, promotes concentration and stimulates clear thinking.
Spending your cash on something small that can affect your life in a greater level is totally worth it.
Lanka Private Bus Owners’ Association President says Bus lanes are good but more needs to be done
Mahinda Rajapaksa :I did my best for the CountrySays Constitution allows him to become Prime Minister
- Modern slavery most prevalent in Africa followed by Asia and Pacific 2781
- Sexual dissatisfaction main cause of divorce in Iran 2823
- Oral cancer kills 3 daily 2,400 new patients each year 2824
- Lanka, Iran in prisoner swap Agreement to be signed soon 2772
- WAN perturbed over Disappearances Bill Government reneging on commitments 2782
- CaFFE decries PC Amendment Bill ‘Laughing mixture’ of hybrid electioneering 2780
- Social Innovation Lab 2769
- US training for Customs officials Strategic Trade Enforcement 2769
- Excavation in Gommunnakanda 450 families affected 2769
- Kamal Hassan enters politics 2801
- Mangala gets his first Rs 5k note 2769
- To Maximize Hambantota’s True Potential Recognize China’s Importance – Hang 2780
- Grenades found at SLIC 2762
- NFIs In GSM Pass Rs 80B 2766
- ‘Deranged’ Trump will pay dearly for UN speech – Kim 2765
- Extending Marine Drive ‘New tech’ to save S. Thomas’ – Kiriella 3035
- Amendments to LG ordinances Debate on 26 Sept 2766
- Stance on interim report JO MPs to seek MR’s view 2762
- Schoolchildren in ‘Osari Pota’ issue NCPA furious, launches full probe 2781
- Interim Report on Constitutional Amendments attacked Play on critical words risk country’s sovereignty – SP Gov 2767
- Talks between Sirisena & Deuba SAARC takes centre stage 2762
- Handunnetti says: Failed Airbus deal cost the Govt USD 125 M Halt production on orders to cut losses 2765
- Rebuilding Sri Lanka President Sirisena seeks US help 2767
- Soft liquor laws to be relaxed Move essential for tourism 2776
- Treasury Bonds Probe Undated letter a complete fabrication – ASG 2812
- Between men and women A yawning gap 2119
- Salient features of a new Constitution 2145
- A Time of Gifts The Byron Conference in Greece 2147
- How will coins and notes make up 100 million? 2155
- People’s worst enemy 2160
- Cricketers challenge Pramodya’s allegations 2473
- NOC not responsible in selection process - Hemasiri 2494
- Wilwara brace in vain as Kandy lose 23-24 2473
- Sri Lanka face uphill task in group A 2475
- Prima Champions Cup U-15 Provincials Cricket Western Province Central and Uva win 2465
- De Mazenod marks only win 2463
- Amazing Anitha vaults to new SL record 2640
- Over 350 rowers vying for honours 2459
- Burgher Association Cricket Sixes 2458
- 24th Richmond - Aloysius Annual Rugby Encounter Keen tussle expected in Galle today 2461
- Within the arc of Chinese influence 3216
- Big Ivan – Russia’s Bang! 2355
- Sri Lanka is a stable country now 2835
- Heading Hybrid Renewable Energy Lights Up Eluvaithivu Island 3026
- ‘Capacity To Pay’, ‘Ability To Pay’ Govt’s New Rates Question Tax Principles 3668
- Mother was a steadfast support to my father Chathurika Sirisena 4075
- I will take legal action against ‘footnote’ accusations – Sujeewa Senasinghe 3341
- We are making plans to topple the Government 3822
- We will not support the 20th Amendment – Suresh Premachandran 3138
- Lanka Private Bus Owners’ Association President says Bus lanes are good but more needs to be done 2933
- Who Rules America? The Power Elite in the Time of Trump 2479
- How do you like your wine – with a cork or screw-cap? 2471
- Toys ‘R’ us bankruptcy How bad assumptions feed bad financial planning, creating failure 2469
- Financial companies need to reinvent 3026
- TEA REVENUE TOPS RS 150B 3026
- Inflation accelerates to 7.9% in August 3008
- Cyber threats: Global stock exchanges vigilant 3004
- Shares fall ending 5-day streak 3004
- Google signs $1.1B HTC smartphone deal 3012
- $ 77M Drained For Debt Servicing 2998
- Executing an Executive order 2767
- What are The Best Laxative Foods? 2586
- YOU CAN’T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER 3607
- NASA's spacecraft makes death plunge into Saturn 2511
- Latest addition to the iphone family 2503
- best workout songs 1845
- BOUNCE BACK: AN OPEN MIC 1961
- Cosplayer fame 2209
- Astrological clue to the nature of your progeny 2443
- Vasu Defects that Affect Business Places 2430
- Venus the planet of love 2426
- Egypt before Pharaohs: When Gods ruled the Earth 2396
- Omens connected with muscle twitching 2384
- Body of the Text 3105
- Academic approaches to peace building and reconciliation 3114
- Insights into the life of remarkable missionary 3147
- Theatre Critics 3065
- Jaffna International Cinema Festival 2017 (JaffnaICF 2017) 3089
- Grammar through Literature and A Thousand Voiced Choir 3067
- Healing the wounded hearts 3064
- Labour power discourse in cinema 3346
- Animals in thirst 2753
- Enhancing life to the very end 2766
- Hearts break in silence 2755
- Awards for alumni at ‘the best school of all’ 2723
- Blue sky in warm champagne 2722
- A will of steel 2721
- Neural engines: the future of AI 2421
- CLOSING SOME WINDOWS 2414
- Celebrating 23 years 2416
- Dahl’s Twisted, Overlooked Stories for Adults 2395
- Powerful voices and musical talent 2397
- The business of fandom 2405