Winner, often stylized as WINNER, is a South Korean boy group formed in 2013 by YG Entertainment and debuted in 2014. It currently consists of four members, Jinwoo, Seunghoon, Mino and Seungyoon.Pre-debut
In 2010, the group's leader Kang Seung-yoon was a contestant on the singing contest Superstar K2, reaching the final four. The following year, he signed with YG Entertainment and made his acting debut in the sitcom High Kick: Revenge of the Short Legged. In 2013, he debuted as a solo artist and released multiple tracks, including "It Rains".
Lee Seung-hoon was also a former reality-show singing contestant, competing in K-Pop Star 1 in 2012. He came in fourth place and was recruited by Yang Hyun-suk. It was announced that Seung-hoon had signed under YG Entertainment on 16 May 2012. Song Min-ho began his musical career as an underground rapper under the name "Mino", collaborating with other underground rappers-turned-idols such as Block B's Zico, Kyung, and P.O and SPEED's Taewoon. Mino was initially meant to debut with Block B, but left the group before their debut for personal reasons. In 2011, he debuted under Y2Y Contents Company as part of the group BoM, which disbanded two years later. In 2013, he joined YG Entertainment through an audition, after being spotted from his acting appearance in the 2012 series The Strongest K-POP Survival broadcast on Channel A. Kim Jin-woo attended the Joy Dance Plug In Music Academy prior to joining YG, where he was seen by Big Bang's Seungri and brought to the agency. He became a trainee in 2010. Nam Tae-hyun was recruited to the agency in 2011 through an audition. He and Jinwoo performed as backup dancers at the 2011 YG Family Concert.
The five trainees competed as "Team A" on the reality television program WIN: Who Is Next, broadcast on Mnet, in order to debut as a group. During the final episode on 25 October 2013, it was announced that they had won the competition and would be debuting as "Winner", releasing two singles on 28 October and performing as the opening act for Big Bang's Japanese dome tour beginning on 15 November. On 9 November, the members of Winner appeared as backup dancers in Taeyang's music video for "Ringa Linga". From 13 December, Winner appeared in their own reality program, Winner TV, which had ten episodes aired on Mnet. In 2014, Seungyoon and Mino featured on a track for Yoon Jong-shin's March project. Between June and August of that year, the group members were re-introduced to the public in anticipation for their debut, through a series of teaser images and videos.
Winner's official debut showcase was held on 6 August, with their album 2014 S/S digitally released on 12 August and physically on 14 August. Their first music show appearance was on Inkigayo on 17 August, and they became the fastest male group to win on a music show by taking first place on M! Countdown during their debut stage. The group's official fan club name was announced to be 'Inner Circle'. Following the album's release, two music videos for their title tracks "Color Ring" and "Empty" were released on YouTube, and the album charted at number one on the Billboard World Albums Chart. On 30 August, a music video for Mino's solo track "I'm Him" was released, with cameo appearances from the members. On 10 September, the group commenced their Japanese promotions for their 2014 S/S: Japan Collection album and embarked on their first Japanese solo concert on 11 September. On 9 December 2014 Fuse announced their 13 Top Breakout Artists of 2014, with Winner coming in at #11 and being the only South Korean artists on the list. On 17 December Dazed Digital published their top 20 K-pop tracks of 2014 with Winner placing tenth with "Color Ring".
Winner won their first major award, a Bonsang award, for earning a place in the Top 10 Artists and Best New Artist categories at the 2014 MelOn Music Awards. They also won the Best New Artist awards at 2014 Mnet Asian Music Awards, SBS Awards Festival, Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards and Golden Disk Awards.
In 2015, the group went on hiatus while the members pursued solo endeavours. Taehyun appeared in several acting roles, including in MBC's web drama Midnight's Girl, SBS's Late Night Restaurant, and the joint Chinese-Korean production Under the Black Moonlight.
Seungyoon also returned to acting with the successful CJ E&M web drama We Broke Up, which garnered over 16 million views. Jinwoo appeared in the Chinese-Korean drama Magic Cellphone, while Mino competed on the fourth season of Mnet's rap contest Show Me the Money and finished as runner-up. A number of his digital releases from the programme were commercially successful, including "Fear" featuring Taeyang, which became the show's most downloaded single with over one million digital sales. In December, it was announced that the group would be returning from hiatus in 2016, with a comeback spread over five 'project releases'.
The group's first release in 2016 was a "warm-up" duet featuring Mino and Taehyun, titled "Pricked". Although the single was not promoted, it charted at #2 on MelOn and #1 on iTunes in nine countries including Singapore, Thailand, and Brunei. In the lead-up to the group's official comeback, a number of musical covers of their title tracks were released as promotional teasers, featuring artists including Lee Hi, Zion.T, Epik High, Taeyang and G-Dragon. The mini-album EXIT:E was released on 1 February, and served as Winner's return after an 18-month break since their debut. The group promoted the title tracks "Baby Baby" and "Sentimental" from the EP, the first of the proposed Exit Movement series. In April, Winner appeared on the JTBC variety show Half-Moon Friends, and in September, Mino debuted as part of the hip-hop duo MOBB alongside iKON's Bobby.
On 12 October, YG Entertainment announced that Taehyun would be taking a hiatus from the group, and that the rest of the Exit Movement series would be delayed indefinitely. On 25 November, Taehyun's departure from the group was announced. It was decided that Winner would continue as a four-member group, without any addition of new members. In November, Jinwoo was announced as the lead in the production of The Little Prince by the Korea National Contemporary Dance Company. He is the first K-pop idol to be part of contemporary dance production. Also, it was announced that Seungyoon and Jinwoo will be starring in the web drama Love for a Thousand More. The web drama is a joint production of CJ E&M, YG Entertainment and YGKPlus.
Throughout January the members started hinting at an upcoming comeback, later it was confirmed by their agency YG Entertainment that the group would be releasing new music on 4 April, with the single album Fate Number For.
In late-March, several promotional teasers were released, ultimately unveiling the double title tracks, "Really Really" and "Fool".
"Really Really" is an upbeat, energetic song, with lyrics by members Seungyoon (production alias YOON), Mino, and Seunghoon (production alias HOONY), and composition by members Seungyoon and Mino, with YG producer UK Jin Kang participating. "Fool" is a mellow, melody-focused song, with lyrics by member Seungyoon and composition by Seungyoon and YG produce AiRPLAY.
"Really Really" debuted at No. 3 on Billboard World Digital Song Sales, marking the group's best position to date; while "Fool" debuted at No. 4. As part of their promotions, Winner held a three-day "concept showroom" showcase, from 2 to 4 April at Club NB in Seoul's Mapo District, owned by YG founder/CEO Yang Hyun-suk.
On 24 July it was confirmed Winner will release a new album titled Our Twenty For. They came back with the new album on 4 August.
The two singles "Love Me Love Me" and "Island", was written and produced by Winner's members with the help of YG's producers Future Bounce and Bekuh BOOM.
Lanka Private Bus Owners’ Association President says Bus lanes are good but more needs to be done
Mahinda Rajapaksa :I did my best for the CountrySays Constitution allows him to become Prime Minister
- No free passes to prison hospital in future 1092
- Appoint honourable trustees to govern! 3262
- Nabbed with Kerala Ganja 3116
- Dengue eradication week on MoH deploys 3,000 teams this time 3418
- Badulla gets clean drinking water 3125
- Boost imports to grow – Harsha 3129
- Govt expects to generate Rs 103.8B from tobacco tax 3171
- British HC in C’bo celebrates Britain’s creative industries 3173
- Zoo to open at night 3120
- Anti-SAITM protests GMOA at it again! 3131
- CEB strike ends 3128
- Ranil May Implement Ease Of Doing Business Act 3124
- LG and PC polls before 31 March 2018 – PM 3113
- PC Elections Bill Party leaders decide to go ahead Amendments need not be reviewed – Speaker 3114
- President Sirisena meets Pakistani PM Expresses gratitude for support 3109
- Treasury Bonds Auction probe Mahendran not outside law of country – PCoI 3113
- 3rd stage of the Central Expressway project Signing with Taisei Corporation next week 3109
- Treasury Bonds Auction probe Cross Examination of Mahendran delayed Oral testimony inadequate material documentary evidence sought 3114
- Implementing UN Resolutions President urges Intl Community to be patient 3183
- AG probes SLLRDC tender process Irregularities running into billions 3113
- Sil Cloth case Weeratunga, Palpita out on bail 3111
- UN General Assembly Trump Warns ‘Rocket Man’ of Pyongyang 3112
- Today is Int’l Day of Peace 1178
- LG and PC polls next year – PM 3801
- Reactions to Suu Kyi’s speech 3813
- WIKIPEDIA AND the INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPER OF UK HIGHLIGHTS NOSTRADAMUS’S 11 SHOCKINGLY ACCURATE PREDICTIONS 3048
- The privatization panacea 3026
- National Economy Rice Cultivation in a National Master Plan 3034
- Anti-SAITM forces and the rule of law 3106
- The March of Folly Promoting Amity, 15 years late 2840
- Sri Lanka secure World Cup berth 3025
- ‘Prima Champions Cup’ U-15 Inter Provincial Cricket Chamindu makes first ton of tournament 3029
- Rain threatens second ODI 3032
- Singer – MCA Premier League 2018 Udawatte ton helps MAS 3028
- Not in a bad place with my captaincy: Smith 3031
- Muguruza crushes Puig to advance in Tokyo 3027
- All rounder Boyagoda leads Trinity 3016
- New Head Quarters for ACUSL 3014
- City, United seize title spotlight 3012
- Sri Lanka schools mini marathons Second edition on 23 September 3014
- Within the arc of Chinese influence 3158
- Big Ivan – Russia’s Bang! 2327
- Sri Lanka is a stable country now 2805
- Heading Hybrid Renewable Energy Lights Up Eluvaithivu Island 2918
- ‘Capacity To Pay’, ‘Ability To Pay’ Govt’s New Rates Question Tax Principles 3650
- I will take legal action against ‘footnote’ accusations – Sujeewa Senasinghe 2738
- We are making plans to topple the Government 3786
- We will not support the 20th Amendment – Suresh Premachandran 3115
- Lanka Private Bus Owners’ Association President says Bus lanes are good but more needs to be done 2914
- SF’s vitriolic attack on Bhikkhus prompts Ven. Gunawansa’s foray into politics 4036
- Consumer durable market to recover in 2018 1Q – Singer 3137
- Fitch affirms Alliance Finance at BB+(lka); Withdraws ratings 3113
- Fitch rates LB Finance PLC’s senior and subordinated debt 3115
- Chevron props economic growth through exports to Pakistan 3126
- Fitch rates Sampath Bank’s Basel III Sub Debt ‘A(lka) (EXP) 3115
- Elephant House launches Lemoki 3128
- LMD names TRIAD ‘Most Respected Advertising Company’ 3105
- Maggi noodles now with enhanced flavours 3106
- Russia’s interesting new oil geopolitics 3108
- Fed pressing button to unwind quantitative easing 3103
- Executing an Executive order 2744
- What are The Best Laxative Foods? 2551
- YOU CAN’T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER 3589
- NASA's spacecraft makes death plunge into Saturn 2484
- Latest addition to the iphone family 2482
- best workout songs 1823
- BOUNCE BACK: AN OPEN MIC 1943
- Cosplayer fame 2197
- Astrological clue to the nature of your progeny 2416
- Vasu Defects that Affect Business Places 2405
- Venus the planet of love 2407
- Egypt before Pharaohs: When Gods ruled the Earth 2379
- Omens connected with muscle twitching 2368
- Body of the Text 3077
- Academic approaches to peace building and reconciliation 3091
- Insights into the life of remarkable missionary 3122
- Theatre Critics 3047
- Jaffna International Cinema Festival 2017 (JaffnaICF 2017) 3067
- Grammar through Literature and A Thousand Voiced Choir 3046
- Healing the wounded hearts 3050
- Labour power discourse in cinema 3328
- Animals in thirst 2727
- Enhancing life to the very end 2745
- Hearts break in silence 2733
- Awards for alumni at ‘the best school of all’ 2709
- Blue sky in warm champagne 2704
- A will of steel 2702
- Neural engines: the future of AI 2395
- CLOSING SOME WINDOWS 2392
- Celebrating 23 years 2395
- Dahl’s Twisted, Overlooked Stories for Adults 2375
- Powerful voices and musical talent 2374
- The business of fandom 2388