The latest addition to the Galle Hospitality industry
By Sunali Fernando
Being one of the main tourist attractions in the country, Galle is known for its golden sandy beaches, spectacular blue ocean, rich architecture, vivacious nightlife and landmarks such as the Galle Fort, the Dutch Reformed Church,the National Maritime Museum, an International Cricket Stadium and so on. Attracting both locals and tourists, the area has become famous for several cultural events and competitions such as the Galle Literary Festival, surfing competitions and music festivals.
With such attractions inviting big crowds to the South, the hospitality industry has started booming in the area. Galle being the gateway to the South, has now become one of the main tourist hotspots in the country. With the hope of providing services to the visitors in the area, Amari Hotel recently joined the hospitality industry in Galle.
Amari Galle, the first Amari branded hotel in Sri Lanka and a product of Sinolanka Hotel Private Limited and ONYX Hospitality Group celebrated its inauguration last Friday. The inauguration ceremony was held in the presence of the Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe as the Chief Guest, and The Minister of Tourism Development John Amaratunga as the Guest of Honour.
Speaking at the ceremony, President & CEO, ONYX Hospitality Group, Douglas Martell stated, "Amari celebrates the colours and rhythms of modern Asia with each hotel highlighting the textures and flavours of its unique setting through architecture, design, cuisine and service. With the opening of our first Amari in Sri Lanka, we are building a service culture which combine Asian hospitality values and the deep rooted local customs".
Nestled on the golden sandy crescent in the south coast, Amari Galle offers a relaxing getaway amidst comfort and a panoramic view of the stunning Indian Ocean.
You are met with the soft breeze of the ocean and a great view as soon as you enter the hotel. Amari Galle's architecture and design is inspired by the natural beauty of the Galle coastline.Natural materials such as water, fire, plants and wood and smoothing colour themes makeup the interior designing of the hotel.
Amari Galle consists of 172 guestrooms and suites featuring spacious and light-filled interiors. The beachfront hotel also takes pride in its 360 square-metre presidential suite with two-bedrooms, a dining area, a living room and a balcony terrace with a private plunge pool.
The pool at Amari is a 3 pieced pool that offers 2 kiddies pools and the main pool with sparkling blue water and a breathtaking view of the ocean. Guests can bask in the sun or shade by the pool while enjoying a peaceful and relaxing stay.
Amarai offers a gastronomical delight with a combination of food and culture. The Ahara Gourmet Gallery and the Bommu Rooftop Bar bar serves a range of local and international cuisines and classic and innovative cocktails to delight every palate. The pool bar also offers a variety of delicious snacks and cocktails that could be enjoyed while having a dip in the pool.
In addition the hotel offers the Voyager Lounge, a warm and friendly space designed for informal gatherings where the guests could enjoy a range of sandwiches and cakes, together with a diverse selection of coffee and Ceylon tea.
With the intention of providing a unique stay for the guests, the Breeze Spa at Amari offers mood based therapiesto rejuvenate, invigorate, energized or relax the guests depending on their moods.
Amari Galle is located along the main Colombo-Galle Road with a travel time of two and a half hours from Sri Lanka's international airport in Colombo.
- Quo Vadis, China?
- Why Americans are no longer dynamic
- Pardon and release the 158 Tamil remand prisoners
- Workshops to develop tourism in the East
- SWOAD promotes rights of migrant workers
- PAFFREL seeks Gazetting of Elections Amendment Bill
- CMB Port City: Work will be completed by 2019– Sagala Ratnayaka
- AKD’s RTI request from TRC pending a reply
- Alliance Française gets new library & information corner
- Give more women & youth a chance – March 12 Movt
- SL and Pakistan to consolidate bilateral relations
- Missing girls surrender to Police Three charged with abduction
- Amaraweera claims life in danger
- For energy security SL to enter into agreement with Qatar
- Sex spray puts 3 girls in hospital
- JVP to sue Johnnie for Rs 500 M
- Hosting SAARC Summit Pakistan assured of SL’s support
- International Conventions and Debasement of Legislative Process Part II
- Developing education sector Will take tough decisions – Akila Viraj
- Guangzhou looking for investment opportunities – Tu Hongze
- Three women go missing in Orugodawatte
- Awareness on violence against women Mahela and Kumar address students
- Foreign Secretary’s visit to Sri Lanka Pakistan commits to stronger ties
- Sashi to take Ranjan to Court
- allegedly defrauded more than Rs 100mn Employment fraudster remanded
- Kusal Perera ruled out from Pakistan T20Is
- De Villiers hits thrilling century
- Sri Lanka ‘A’ tour of West Indies 2nd Four day match starts today
- Sluggish Sri Lanka move slowly
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-19 Schools Cricket St. John’s Jaffna create major upset
- SL women’s tour of WIndies T20 matches start today
- Sri Lanka approaching Pakistan visit cautiously
- Wattala Antonian Sixes 2017 this weekend
- Golf ‘really healthy’ even without Tiger, says Rose
- Lanka Lions Tag Rugby Sevens Trinity wins cup for fifth time in UAE
- TTSC Softball Cricket ‘Sixes’ 2017 51 Men’s, 7 Women’s teams battle for honours
- Kuldeep cements place in Indian attack
- SL out to save series Batsmen aren’t fulfilling their responsibilities - Managers and Coach Kapugedera likely to play today
- Gunathilaka’s ban revised - SLC Ex-Co
- Sadeera to be included in ODI team
- 130 SRI LANKA AMATEUR GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP 2017 at NUWARA ELIYA Chalitha Pushpika topples indian top seed Sri Lanka 3 out of 4 in SEMI-FINAL
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-19 Schools Cricket Kamindu Mendis scores third ton
- Royal regain E.F.C. Pereira Challenge Trophy
- DSI Supersport Schools Volleyball Championship 2017 Finals just around the corner
- All Blacks coach backs Sonny Bill Williams
- SL remains too protectionist
- Govt. aims $1.6B FDI next year, $2B in 2019
- 70% growth from consumption and investment
- ADB debuts risk sharing to support trade in developing Asia
- SL GDP to grow 7% from 2020 - Mangala
- Retail sector asks for Govt support to boost retail tourism
- Dr. coom in for good times!
- ‘Excon 2017’ Road Show to highlight SL construction sector
- Sri Lanka impresses investors in New York
- West Coast beach front soaring in value
- Asia markets tread water Investors scrutinize China’s Party Congress
- SL among Asia’s fastest adopters of cloud computing
- Hosted by Sri Lanka-China Business Cooperation Council
- Toyota Lanka contributes Hybrid Learning Centre to AETI
- Value of social networking yet to be determined
- Sri Lanka to inaugurate performance art center for tourists
- Guangzhou Govt representatives positive about investing
- Lanka Hospitals & Sri Lanka Heart Association to mark World Heart Day
- BBDO Lanka strikes gold at Effies
- Sampath Bank celebrates ‘Thrift Month’ with eco-friendly gifts
- Implications of Provincial Police Departments
- Cairo: Most dangerous megacity for women
- Proxy Waiting
- Shortage of Science Graduates
- Rice Revolution Simply a Catalyst or more…?
- Fall of Raqqa
- UN urges B’desh to move Rohingya refugees
- Flu shots are the greatest medical fraud in the history of the world
- Sucking it up
- Ahikuntika community of Sri Lanka Diminishing cultural traits
- Even the PM should be in Prison for the frauds
- Would like more Pradeshiya Sabhas for N’Eliya-Radhakrishnan
- Skills mismatch a massive economic cost Education system must be reformed
- Federalism is the antithesis of separatism Wiggy
- Kiriella has no right to ask me not to speak-Handunnetti
- UNHRC Resolution 30/1 Implications for Sri Lanka (Part II) (Based on a presentation to the OPA)
- Electoral Reforms are for People’s Benefit
- Managing perception with international community
- Salient points of horoscope Assessment
- KARMIC CONNECTIONS IN THE BIRTH CHARTS 2
- Dream of travelling abroad?
- Mystery behind Osama bin Laden explained
- Three poses to relieve trauma
- Socio-economic developments from critical perspective
- KAZUO ISHIGURO – THE NEW NOBEL LAUREATE
- The Fairway Galle Literary Festival 2018 –Internationally acclaimed authors to take part
- Portrayal of country and nature
- Resonant Field Imaging - a Marvel in Technology
- Shankar’s International Children’s Competition 2018
- Hindustani Violin recital
- Classical rendering of a masterly-crafted musical
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Making plus-sized clothing trendy
- Pyjamas go viral as well - Sharmila Srikumar
- Giving back to Society
- Double treat at Pinnawala
- Mental illness a health issue Replacing stigma with compassion
- Studying to be ahead