The latest addition to the Galle Hospitality industry
By Sunali Fernando
Being one of the main tourist attractions in the country, Galle is known for its golden sandy beaches, spectacular blue ocean, rich architecture, vivacious nightlife and landmarks such as the Galle Fort, the Dutch Reformed Church,the National Maritime Museum, an International Cricket Stadium and so on. Attracting both locals and tourists, the area has become famous for several cultural events and competitions such as the Galle Literary Festival, surfing competitions and music festivals.
With such attractions inviting big crowds to the South, the hospitality industry has started booming in the area. Galle being the gateway to the South, has now become one of the main tourist hotspots in the country. With the hope of providing services to the visitors in the area, Amari Hotel recently joined the hospitality industry in Galle.
Amari Galle, the first Amari branded hotel in Sri Lanka and a product of Sinolanka Hotel Private Limited and ONYX Hospitality Group celebrated its inauguration last Friday. The inauguration ceremony was held in the presence of the Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe as the Chief Guest, and The Minister of Tourism Development John Amaratunga as the Guest of Honour.
Speaking at the ceremony, President & CEO, ONYX Hospitality Group, Douglas Martell stated, "Amari celebrates the colours and rhythms of modern Asia with each hotel highlighting the textures and flavours of its unique setting through architecture, design, cuisine and service. With the opening of our first Amari in Sri Lanka, we are building a service culture which combine Asian hospitality values and the deep rooted local customs".
Nestled on the golden sandy crescent in the south coast, Amari Galle offers a relaxing getaway amidst comfort and a panoramic view of the stunning Indian Ocean.
You are met with the soft breeze of the ocean and a great view as soon as you enter the hotel. Amari Galle's architecture and design is inspired by the natural beauty of the Galle coastline.Natural materials such as water, fire, plants and wood and smoothing colour themes makeup the interior designing of the hotel.
Amari Galle consists of 172 guestrooms and suites featuring spacious and light-filled interiors. The beachfront hotel also takes pride in its 360 square-metre presidential suite with two-bedrooms, a dining area, a living room and a balcony terrace with a private plunge pool.
The pool at Amari is a 3 pieced pool that offers 2 kiddies pools and the main pool with sparkling blue water and a breathtaking view of the ocean. Guests can bask in the sun or shade by the pool while enjoying a peaceful and relaxing stay.
Amarai offers a gastronomical delight with a combination of food and culture. The Ahara Gourmet Gallery and the Bommu Rooftop Bar bar serves a range of local and international cuisines and classic and innovative cocktails to delight every palate. The pool bar also offers a variety of delicious snacks and cocktails that could be enjoyed while having a dip in the pool.
In addition the hotel offers the Voyager Lounge, a warm and friendly space designed for informal gatherings where the guests could enjoy a range of sandwiches and cakes, together with a diverse selection of coffee and Ceylon tea.
With the intention of providing a unique stay for the guests, the Breeze Spa at Amari offers mood based therapiesto rejuvenate, invigorate, energized or relax the guests depending on their moods.
Amari Galle is located along the main Colombo-Galle Road with a travel time of two and a half hours from Sri Lanka's international airport in Colombo.
Solution must be acceptable to Tamils Separate State is not a reasonable request - Former Army Commander, General Gerry De Silva RWP, VSV, USP
- India joins Wassenaar Arrangement
- A story of two blockades New York City and Yemen
- Merkel’s Germany: Shaper or Taker of a United Europe?
- Wiggy request voters to elect honest politicians
- No Natural Disasters but man-made ones –Prof. Gomes
- Rejected nomination lists SLPP packed with incompetent people – Sagala
- ‘Samurdhi Shakthi’ to be launched To showcase Samurdhi families’ talents
- Chinese worker plunges to his death at Mahabage
- Garbage mounts at Gampaha Hospital Row over incinerator
- LG Elections JVP offers protection to ‘clean’ officials
- SLFP to launch manifesto this week
- President at SLMA
- Scuffle inside temple premises Chief Monk, two others injured
- Postal Unions threaten to Strike Demand for a ‘Closed Service’
- Russian ban on Lankan tea Govt ignored earlier warning - Udayanga
- Govt has no foreign policy - Namal
- CEB unions in strike threat Over simmering bonus issue
- Malaysian PM arrives
- Russian tea row President to contact Putin
- Beetle in Lankan tea shipment to Russia Exporter to be spared says Pethiyagoda
- Canadian Police probe ‘suspicious’ deaths of billionaire couple
- Stock Market Investor losses extend to Rs 94B
- Use of polythene in political rallies CEA to take on offenders
- Draft Legislation HRCSL advice not sought – UN Experts
- Drugs and drug users on the increase
- Sri Lanka dismissed for 215 in 3rd ODI
- Bowling in T10 can help T20 skills - Amir
- Dialog Champions League Java Lane beat Navy SC
- Army in nerve racking win
- Russia making progress over doping says Coe
- Australia close to Ashes glory
- County grind 'sucks pace' out of England quicks Finn
- Nidahas Trophy 2018 SL skipper formally invites India SLC
- One dead as fans clash after Algeria derby
- Real retains Club World Cup
- Ronaldo wants to retire at Real
- 31st NYSC-Rupavahini Volleyball Tournament CEB and SLAF win men’s/women’s titles
- City make it 16 in a row
- Dialog President’s Gold Cup Volleyball Championship finals commence today
- Premier League Inter Club Cricket Tournament High scoring draw at CCC
- Dhawan, spinners seal series for India
- Premier League – Tier ‘B’ Navy and Air Force win
- Visakhapatnam will favour the home team Batsmen to dominate decider
- Jadeja hits six sixes in an over
- Ntini’s son Thando in SA U-19 World Cup squad
- SLTB AND TEA CHAIRMEN ENDORSE NO PERIL, BUT AUCTION PRICES COULD DIP
- Commercial agriculture in Wet Zone will reap high rice yields CBSL Governor Dry Zone yields low, measures needed to arrest disturbing trend
- Treasury sells dollars to CBSL From H’tota Port proceeds
- Unions go back on their word - SriLankan Chairman
- Make up your minds – Harsha tells businessmen
- Recognition for SL power supplier
- Rupee down 2.54-2.61% YoY
- GDP rate shows positive trend
- Asian stocks come under pressure as dollar struggles
- Way forward for village power producers Team Up With Large Developers WB
- Workplace practices not fit for the New Year
- Brexit deal proves critics wrong - Theresa May
- WINNING GLOBAL CEO AWARD, MY SIGNATURE HONOUR Retired Kahawatte Plantations Plc Deputy Chairman and Watawala Plantations Plc Ceo, Dr. Daniel Vasanthakumar Seevaratnam reminisces
- IPM Sri Lanka crowned overall winner at NBEA 2017
- Desktop FriMi wins global Award
- CMA Sri Lanka graduation ceremony 2017
- LOLC Micro Credit felicitates Grade 5 scholarship high-flyers
- The Singing Christmas Tree comes alive once again at MLH
- Com Bank’s Vocational Training flagship CSR project
- Govt backtracks on anti-coal policy Two 600MW coal plants coming up
- Changing Political Horizons in Sri Lanka?
- Modi’s Gujarat:Installing a Rahul Gandhi Government
- Protect Wilpattu Movement set in motion 5K strong turnout march in peaceful protest to UN office & handover petition
- Concretes & Abstracts Faith, Wayside Shrines & Urban Sprawl
- TGTE using Lawyers to challenge SL’s 6th amendment
- Nat Assets during Prabhakaran’s and Ranil’s heydays
- Mexican drug wars:Women murders on the rise
- Ahead of the LG Polls Identifying 500,000 untagged Lankans!
- Indian movie moguls Avoiding the Weinstein effect
- New Land Draft BiLL Political wrangling hinders ironing out complex land issues
- Maithri should not sit in a Cabinet sans SLFPers
- Wigneswaran sowing seeds of communalism
- SLFP supports devolution of power – Lasantha Alagiyawanna
- If Bond scammers are not prosecuted…President will lose his credibility –Bandula Gunawardena
- All information security issues are not cyber crimes
- Sirisena Presidency - A Parallax View As foretold by Sobhitha Hamuduruwo
- Blessed are the peacemakers
- Disinformation campaigns and public mistrust
- Kemadruma Yoga An evil yoga cancelling all other favourable yogas
- Sun into Sagittarius ‘Kona Month’ has just begun
- Inviting wrath of goddess Lakshmi
- Five Yoga Poses to Calm Your Mind
- Rahu in 7th House and marriage
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Two documentaries on Sri Lanka in Film South Asia 2017
- Politics of nostalgia
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- I don’t get asked out
- Homemade apple & Chocolate Bodywash
- THE WRITER’S KITCHENETTE HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES Grinch Cupcakes
- New York Blast Terror charges filed against NY bomber
- Saga of Kohukumbure Rate Rala
- Attygalle murder and John Kotelawala Senior’s suicide