Pyjamas go viral as well - Sharmila Srikumar
By Menaka Indrakumar
We often don't give importance to pyjamas and just wear something for the night; after all it's only for bed. It's a crazy new world where 'I Woke Up Like This' selfies are going viral. All the thoughts and moments that had gone unnoticed are being broadcast for the whole world to see. What you eat, where you sleep, there's something interesting everywhere if you really look, but it has to be interesting and attention grabbing, and if you really think about it, we all spend a lot more time than you'd expect in pyjamas – especially on weekends, and holidays, and after work, and before work, so a lot of time basically.
Due to this reason, it really becomes clear why it's worth having something nice. Cosy clothes are more relevant to how we live now, but as we become more visible, that treasured, grey and drooping T-shirt may no longer cut it. Today, people are embracing lifestyle more than ever. They care about how they look and this can get a bit stressful, and so at the same time, we want it to feel natural, and with pyjamas, we finally have the chance to be lazy about fashion for once.
All of this inspires us to create the most comfortable sleepwear. This is why all of our pyjamas are made of 100% cotton. We use heat seals instead of labels, and safe raw materials which are phthalate and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) free, and they all go through a needle or metal detector for safety reasons.
It is all about feeling good from the inside. When you do something for yourself, you feel good and that boosts your confidence and overall personality for good. Comfort and style all the way!
Sharmila Srikumar stated that pyjamas are important and that night clothes too play a role in style. She spoke to Her Magazine about her brand, 'Mackly' and about her future plans.
When did you launch the brand?
'Mackly' was launched in 2014.
Where can we find your merchandise?
My merchandise can be found at Cotton Collection and Odel.
What made you go into pyjamas and nightwear?
I realized that there was a gap in the market for sleepwear because I could not find sleepwear for my kids. When I conducted some market research, I found that other mothers were also facing the same issue.
From where did the name 'Mackly' come?
I wanted to become the market leader in the niche market of sleepwear. My main objective was to make the brand name 'Mackly' synonymous with high quality sleepwear.
How did the show go?
The show went really well and the responses have been amazing! We know that we are doing something new, but we are overwhelmed at the responses we are receiving!
Do you do custom designs?
We have not looked into that aspect yet. We might look into that in the future.
Will you be starting a men's collection in the future?
Product diversification is every brand's dream and it is a marketing strategy that produces results. We will get into it when the time is right. We are currently in the product development stage. Having said that, we did receive many enquiries regarding this from dads during the show.
What is special about the designs?
USP is our fabric and our design. Our fabrics are 100% cotton and of excellent quality. Our fabrics offer utmost comfort and room for free movement. At the same time, we also remain up to date with the latest fashion trends. We like to have both comfort and style.
- UNP vows to protect President won’t let jo own him
- UNPers to stand by Ranil
- Range Bandara quits as UNP Anamaduwa Organizer
- Appointment of 25% women to LG bodies Decision today Polls Chief
- Southeast Asia’s shifting sands of terrorism
- Katchatheevu Church Feast Sinhala mass for the first time 13,000 to land on island
- No-Faith against Ranil not needed – Gammanpila
- Civil society orgs demand referendum Want Executive Presidency abolished
- Kandiah Neelakandan no more
- Donation of necklace to Temple of the Tooth Principal warned CP Edu Minister
- Army recruits 50 Tamil youths Rehabilitated ex-LTTE cadres too
- Kalmunai Beach Mosque 196th Flag hoisting ceremony held
- NPC Women’s Affairs meeting
- Trump’s Immigration Plan: Sound Start for Compromise
- Congo justifies oil exploration in national parks
- To discuss premiership issue PM and Speaker meet Prez UNP claims problem solved
- City Coroner complains to Fort Magistrate Call to probe death of Bellanwila Thera Monk was moved from CSGTH against medical advice
- Will Transitional Justice wither? Int’l community in quandary over LG polls results
- INTERPOL REFUSES TO DELIVER SUMMONS TO MAHENDRAN ARREST WARRANT TO BE SOUGHT AFTER MARCH 8 IF…
- Govt now trying to postpone PC polls
- President has not consulted me yet – AG
- Govt brought in 19A to block Rajapaksas We also can change 19A – Basil
- November 2012 Welikada Prison Massacre Second eyewitness ready to come forward
- President pressed to find suitable PM Political crisis continues
- South China Sea Unmanned vessels and future operations
- Federer on top of the world
- Man Utd into Cup quarters
- Cavani, Neymar key as PSG rebound from Madrid gloom
- Barca grind out victory before Chelsea trip
- Kvitova powers through to Qatar final
- ISAC 2018 23 schools will participate
- ‘Singer Cup’ Under-19 Schools Cricket Sumanasinghe scores second ton
- Packeer Ali to be appointed Head Coach
- England win but Munro ensures New Zealand in final
- Premier League Super 8 round NCC and Ports Authority CC win
- Sri Lankans win singles and doubles titles
- National Cross Country Championship 2018 Samantha and Nilani win Both athletes had to go through ridiculous bureaucratic red tape after returning to SL with Gold medals Officials show their vested interests instead of flexibility for International medal winners
- Premier League Club Cricket Tier ‘A’ Chilaw Marians CC emerge champions
- ‘Singer Cup’ Under-19 Schools Cricket Kamindu Mendis scores fourth ton
- Unified Korean team lose again despite goalie heroics
- Loyola - Christ King Inaugural ‘Battle of Friends’ Big match ends in a draw
- Smith looks forward to pace challenge
- Mendis powers Sri Lanka to 210-4
- Mendis drives Sri Lanka to T20 series sweep
- Premier League ‘Tier ‘B’ Negombo CC emerge champions
- Global Independent Audit Regulators meet in Colombo
- Shares end the week positive
- Thailand to seek approval for FTA with Sri Lanka
- Rupee stabilizes despite political instability
- SL to purchase 12 train engines for upcountry line
- UK retail sales show weak growth despite gym wear boost
- Royal Mint gets first woman boss in 1,100 years
- CBSL prints Rs 606M
- Stocks closed mixed on the day Sharply higher for the week
- Allowing Financial Technology Will Reduce Borrowing Costs
- CSSL offers support for tech startups
- Ceylinco General Insurance records excellent results in 2017
- CA Sri Lanka Business Plan Competition 2018 kicks off this month
- HNB Grameen Finance Limited signs MoU with DIMO
- Raigam launches ‘DeveniBatha – Bundi Full’ instant rice noodle
- SL - high potential market for Database Security: Oracle
- Jack Ma’s secrets, hiring women for the profits and rising early
- Trumps Solutions brings the digital force to advertising with VLT
- Inaugural leadership programme conducted for students of Olcott Schools
- Fashion Bug bags Gold Award for Best Key Account Partner from Triumph
- Subramanian Swamy’s love-hate relationship with Sri Lanka
- Tea, haircuts and fish bones Letting the light into Pakistan
- REVISITING SRI LANKA’S FOREIGN POLICY
- Howlers that wreck language
- Pursuing Peace The UN’s lack of accountability
- Give women more time to give birth, make choices - WHO
- Ask “Dr. Love”: mobile app teaches Congolese youth about safe sex
- Bulgaria rejects treaty to combat violence against women
- Progress on global goals ‘unacceptably slow’ for women, says UN
- The Great American Buddhist Leader
- President and PM are responsible for the election results
- Basil says…Await the return of ‘Spiritual Leader’ MR
- Rajapaksas’ Presidential hopeful is Gota
- Sins of the past Govt cannot be forgotten- Anura Kumara
- Law and order is quite weak
- Accomplice to the crime Our own indifference
- UK flower farm suspected of enslaving migrants
- Costly Renovation
- REV. PROF BELLANWILA WIMALARATANA THERA
- Why Masses Brought Victory to Past President
- White Sapphire absorbs the power of Venus
- Partial eclipse that occurred on Feb 16
- Effects of Sun in Aquarius
- Some recent impressions
- Bandula Nanayakkarawasam: From Galle to the world
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cowboy boots
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cow boy boots
- “Hail, Caesar!” Silliness as a virtue
- Notes on history: The thinkers and the doers
- Reflections on a nation of non-readers
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Never say never to anything!
- What’s In My Bag I want to carry my dog Ricky Ruchira
- Indian Elegance Raaya Clothing & Accessories
- Election promises that took people for a ride
- 7 killed in Florida school shooting by former student: sheriff
- Man with moustache who went to Rajarata a thousand times in a ramshackle Jeep