Salient points of horoscope Assessment
Great Indian astrologer Dr. B.V. Raman says in his celebrated work, Predictive Hindu Astrology: "Astrology relies more on the skill and intuitive capacities of the interpreter than upon the complicated rules."
Dr. Raman also says that when one has acquired a thorough knowledge of the ever lasting and ever-changing influence of the stars, one will be able to prognosticate correctly the mental and physical qualities of any person and his future and his progress in the world.
The first thing that a student of astrology should ascertain soon after unfolding a horoscope is whether the subject is to be a success or a failure in life, says Sri Lankan astrologer Hendrik de Silva Hettigoda.
Dhanayoga, Rajayoga and Gnanayoga
Next you have to determine whether the subject is a beneficiary of a Dhanayoga, a Rajayoga or a Gnanayoga and whether he is subject to Balarishtas and other Aristayogas or planetary combinations causing misfortunes like early death, disease and poverty. Dasas and Antar Dasas should be examined to ascertain the timing of fortunes and misfortunes indicated by planetary positions in the natal chart.
There are certain planetary factors that signify whether a newborn would make a success of his/her life. Some of them are:
The presence of natural benefics in the Lagna at the time birth
Benefic planets aspecting the Lagna
The presence of benefics on either side of the Lagna
The 9th House and the 10th House deriving strength from the occupancy of planets exalted or Swakshetra, aspect of benefics, Yogakaraka or Samyoga
The lords of the 9th and the 10th Houses gaining exalted or Swakshetra status in Kendras and Moolatrikonas
The Sun and the Moon being strong
Natural malefics Mars, Saturn and Rahu becoming Yogakaraka
No auspicious Yoga would come to fruition if the Lagna lord, the Moon sign lord and the 9th lord are afflicted.
The life of a subject would become a success if the 10th House which is called the Karmasthana is strong with its lord strongly posited and the House is either aspected or occupied by a benefic planet.
It is important that you look up the positions where the lords of the 4th and the 2nd Houses are posited. The 2nd lord occupying the 6th, 8th or the 12th House would mean that the native would not inherit any lands and property or wealth from parents or maternal or paternal relatives. He would not have a permanent residence either.
If the lord of the 10th House is posited in the 6th, 8th, or the 12th House, the native would not have a successful career.
All the 12 Houses should be examined in a similar manner to determine whether the life of the native would be a success or a failure.
There are numerous other factors that should be considered before venturing into make a prediction.
Basic points constituting a guide to making predictions
Students are also advised to remember the following noteworthy points too when judging a horoscope.
The lords of trines are always auspicious.
The lords of the quadrants are also auspicious.
Malefics becoming the lords of the quadrants produce favourable results.
The lords of the 2nd and the 12th Houses produce good if they are associated with benefic planets.
Mars produce good results when it is the lord of the 5th and the 10th Houses.
Rahu and Ketu produce favourable results when they are posited in the signs owned by benefics.
The lords of the 3rd, 6th, 8th and the 11th Houses cause miseries.
Jupiter and Venus owning Kendras are evil. They become powerful when they occupy the 2nd and the 7th Houses. When the lords of the 9th and the 10th Houses exchange places they produce extra-ordinary good results.
- Power Play in Syria: What Turkish Moves Mean For US And Russia
- Houthis’ Ballistic Missiles Triggering Regional War Or Concealed Iranian Tests?
- Zuma’s Fall: Why is South Africa So Divided?
- Karuna backs SLPP, set to meet Rajapaksa this week MR must merge North and East - Karuna
- Cry Sis! Women insist on 25% quota
- Ban on Philippine workers in Kuwait Increases demand for Lankans Job agents told to seize opportunity
- Lasantha murder suspects re-remanded
- Conference on Disarmament UNSG welcomes SL’s decision
- No show in Court Warrant re-issued on Jaliya
- Lankan maid commits suicide in Kuwait
- SEUSL VC advises new intake
- Aranayake landslide victims Families still languish homeless
- Sivalingam resigns as CWC Chair Thondaman takes over
- Academics come out in support of Ranil
- EC Chair meets Speaker Proposes reforming LG law
- Active Liability Management Bill presented to Parliament
- Govt to initiate artificial rain generation Projects near hydropower plants
- Karu writes to Maldivian counterpart Requests intervention in Malé crisis
- Politicos pontificate on LG Polls result Opposition’s dream of toppling Govt failed – Rajitha Sampanthan accuses MR of racism
- Decision on future of Unity Govt UPFA awaits SC interpretation Thilanga confirms Prez seeking SC opinion on PM’s removal
- More electorates than members - PAFFREL
- Considering the country at large Pro-Sirisena faction to stay in Govt - SB Dissanayake Demand significant changes to power structure
- PCoI Bonds scam and PRECIFAC reports Debate today
- Tighten laws to curb narcotics – Cardinal
- Delimitation Com report handed over
- Black Caps coach rejects call to scrap T20
- Richmond in comprehensive win
- Arsenal announce record shirt deal with Emirates
- Olympics reels as ‘clean’ Russian curler hit by doping case
- Kandy SC too good for Airmen
- Red Stars SC emerge division I champions
- Hundreds participate in CISM Run
- Australia’s most-capped female player Blackwell retires
- Kohli limps off as India beat South Africa in first T20
- Kvitova takes Qatar title to clinch top 10 return
- Real Madrid win eight-goal thriller
- Watson’s wait ends with third Riviera triumph
- Coleman breaks 60m indoor world record
- Federer wins Rotterdam for 97th title
- No majority in Galle UC
- We played as one family – Chandimal
- Pakistan’s Imran Khan marries for third time
- Federer on top of the world
- Man Utd into Cup quarters
- Cavani, Neymar key as PSG rebound from Madrid gloom
- Global interest in Hilton and Hyatt Colombo Hotels
- New rule for hiring SL domestics in UAE
- Cost of construction to go up by 7% - RIU
- DIMO mulls expansion in Cambodia and other ASEAN countries
- BOC appoints new GM/CEO
- Sri Lanka Tourism promotes niche products in India
- ‘Spot’ falls 35 cents to Rs 155.35/45
- Facebook told to stop tracking in Belgium
- Asia trades higher as markets in China on holiday
- Banking restrictions - major barrier to Iran trade relations
- Foreign exits from GSM top $50M
- Seylan Group reports Profit-After-Tax over Rs 5 B
- Huawei to participate at Mobile World Congress 2018
- Fairway Holdings vertical luxury high rise apartments - Elements
- Maha Shivarathri Pooja at Sri Lanka Insurance
- Emirates transports UAE’s first satellite
- Indian Bank ramping up overseas operations
- OPEC and Shale keep oil prices at $60-$75
- EU joins global growth bandwagon
- CHINT launches ‘CHINT POWER Series’ switches and sockets
- Subramanian Swamy’s love-hate relationship with Sri Lanka
- Tea, haircuts and fish bones Letting the light into Pakistan
- REVISITING SRI LANKA’S FOREIGN POLICY
- Howlers that wreck language
- Pursuing Peace The UN’s lack of accountability
- Current Marketing Practices Customer is King! Does it really apply to us?
- Writing project for young Syrian refugees
- The March of Folly A simple solution – Ranil goes
- Civil society group writes to EC, Speaker & Party Leaders DON’T default in implementing 25% quota for Women
- Give women more time to give birth, make choices - WHO
- President and PM are responsible for the election results
- Basil says…Await the return of ‘Spiritual Leader’ MR
- Rajapaksas’ Presidential hopeful is Gota
- Sins of the past Govt cannot be forgotten- Anura Kumara
- Law and order is quite weak
- Accomplice to the crime Our own indifference
- UK flower farm suspected of enslaving migrants
- Costly Renovation
- REV. PROF BELLANWILA WIMALARATANA THERA
- Why Masses Brought Victory to Past President
- White Sapphire absorbs the power of Venus
- Partial eclipse that occurred on Feb 16
- Effects of Sun in Aquarius
- Some recent impressions
- Bandula Nanayakkarawasam: From Galle to the world
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cowboy boots
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cow boy boots
- “Hail, Caesar!” Silliness as a virtue
- Notes on history: The thinkers and the doers
- Reflections on a nation of non-readers
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Never say never to anything!
- What’s In My Bag I want to carry my dog Ricky Ruchira
- Indian Elegance Raaya Clothing & Accessories
- Election promises that took people for a ride
- 7 killed in Florida school shooting by former student: sheriff
- Man with moustache who went to Rajarata a thousand times in a ramshackle Jeep