The Make Up Shop LK
By Zainab Faizal
Sri Lanka might be bringing your favourite department stores and restaurants down, but a ladies ACTUAL best friend? We're facing a serious shortage of good quality make up and believe me when I say that's a massive crisis. With Instagram being our latest portal for online shopping and (stalking) we›ve also got our fair share of stores that sell A-grade or replicas that might have potentially harmful ingredients. But fear not, we've got The Make Up Shop LK! A bunch of girls with an obsession over makeup and skin care products decided it was time they started this venture to offer an invaluable service to the thousands of women in the country! I've tried the Colorpop Minimattes, lippie sticks and the Mario Badescu skincare products that were authentic and felt great on the lips and skin! Here's an exclusive interview with them!
What inspired to open the store?
What inspired us to open the store... um... 'coz we absolutely love makeup and it's such a bummer that there's no Sephora or an Ulta store here. We solely want to bring down AUTHENTIC makeup and skin care products for Sri Lankans as not everybody has the ways and means of getting it from abroad. Plus we don't want people getting caught to replicas. We've personally experienced such instances. So that's when we decided we should put up a page of our own to help people get what they want.
What do you offer?
We offer all kinds of skincare and makeup goodies. From drugstore to high-end brands, you name it. We've got all the hot stuff plus all the hard-to-get-hold-of stuff.
Do you have any particular favourite brands?
We do have a few store favourites. Our top most would definitely be Huda Beauty followed by Kylie Mac Urban Decay Too Faced ABH and not forgetting Colorpop.
How quick are you with orders and to bring the brand new releases to Sri Lanka?
Most of the products are based on pre-order. So it roughly takes 20-25 days for us to deliver. But we've also started selling stuff on immediate purchase as lots of our followers have been messaging us constantly asking if we could. So yes, we do have products in stock too.
Where do you see the The Make Up Shop in a few years?
Right now, we haven't even really thought about it. Depends on how well we progress. So far it's all been good. The response is just amazing. If this continues, we'd probably put up a store.
I can't really say for sure. Only time will tell.
What inspires you?
What inspire us would definitely be the customers. Their love for the products as well as their support for us. It's amazing how they trust us to bring down their favourite products - which is why we always consider giving back. This is not just about the money. To us, customer satisfaction is most important. That's why we constantly host giveaways and run polls. Their love is what keeps us going.
FOLLOW THEM ON @themakeupshoplk
Ministry Secretaries should be appointed on Best interest of Public not Minister Lethargy blocking change
- An Inconsistent US Assertive China and Asia’s Hobbesian Order
- Jorge Sharp and Citizen Movements:New Momentum for Chilean Left?
- Zimbabwe’s Tailspin: The Lessons for Africa
- Lankan family facing deportation due to MS diagnosis
- Malaysian security forces in SL Undergo sea combat training
- Customs nabs man with gold jewellery
- Pushpadana celebrates 75 years Educational rights for all children - President
- New Samurdhi officers appointed
- Removal of Thondaman’s name India to take up issue with SL
- Int’l Research Conference held at SEUSL
- Three PTA detainees:Solution can be expected on 29 Nov TELO
- Call to promote tourism in East
- Corruption in mega development projects:Revelations soon - Dr. Jayalath
- President Sirisena writes to Lord Naseby Expresses appreciation for furthering SL’s cause
- Non-alignment of Budget proposals Tax consultants complain Chartered accountants highlight exclusion of professionals
- Dr. Nandalal Weerasinghe to deliver Olcott Oration
- Sujeewa and Namal in verbal spat
- Budget 2018 2nd reading passed with 2/3rd majority
- MR issues call to send Govt packing
- Sampanthan flays Rajapaksa Makes emotional plea in House
- Petitioners in LG polls gazette case Yapa, Dayasiri and Dilan among the six - JO
- Treasury Bonds Probe Ranil to appear before PCoI on Monday
- Five COPE members spoke with Aloysius during their sittings
- Harsha speaks at UPR Emphasizes slow and steady approach
- LG Elections gazette petition CA to hear petition on 22 November
- Sevens players given SLR contracts 20 men and 16 women players will be signed on starting November
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-19 Cricket Sanjula gets 150 runs
- Lakmal rattles India on rain-hit day
- Curious case of Sri Lanka Winter Sports Association
- Inter Club Rugby League Tournament CR clash with arch rivals CH today
- All-Island School Games Table Tennis Ladies’ College Under 17 Champions
- Peru capture last World Cup berth
- Mohammad Hafeez, suspended again
- Ten weightlifters qualify for CG 2018
- Late Dalmiya’s 77th birth commemoration SLC President pays glowing tribute
- Serena Williams set to tie the knot in New Orleans
- World Anti-Doping Agency Refuses lifting Russia suspension
- 34th Mercantile Athletic Championships Sampath Bank Bags Third Place
- India want Sri Lanka to make them ‘uncomfortable’ Kohli Mathews gives us confidence as a batting unit - Chandimal
- Rajeew Perera appointed Junior Rugby coach
- Dialog Champions League Moragasmulla shocks Blue Star
- France to stage 2023 Rugby World Cup
- Minister confident Hathurusinghe will agree
- Will Dulakshi be elevated to Asian-Indoor podium ?
- AIBA Youth Women’s World Boxing C’ships TWO VILLAGE SCHOOLGIRLS FOR YOUTH WORLD MEET
- Asia Property Awards in Singapore Capital TRUST Residencies wins Best Condo in SL
- Lanka IOC reports losses for 3rd consecutive quarter
- Airtel and Google debut online purchasing in SL
- AIA Insurance Lanka revenue up 17% in Q3
- Full day of CSE trading from Disaster Recovery site
- Introducing Mars to agriculture
- How an oil giant came to dominate wheat
- Asian Shares Higher Ahead Of US Tax Vote
- Going green needs defined regulations to go forward
- Alibaba's Jack Ma slips to 3rd in China rich list
- Apple iPhone 8 and 8 Plus in Sri Lanka soon
- COMBANK cardholders get discounts up to 55%
- Regional Chamber alleges SMEs mere ornaments for Finance Ministers
- First ever Sri Lankan appointed Student Council VP at Manipal
- Sadaharitha Plantations wins at NASCO 2017
- New vehicle tax system the right move?
- Russia and Venezuela agree debt deal
- Mattala Airport talks this month
- State entities blocking digital documents
- Hilton and Grand Hyatt divestments soon
- LAW OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
- Dual Citizenship Fiasco
- LAW OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE Part XIX Joinder of Charges VI
- The March of Folly The sad death of liberal Karu
- Saudi-led coalition opens Yemen border crossing: Aid agencies warn of famine
- BREXIT Impact on free movement of people
- Padmavati triggers stir in Bollywood
- Military burning houses Rohingya refugees flee to Bangladesh
- Rice Revolution Role of Dairy Centres
- Pollution in India: 2.5 million people killed in 2015
- There is no journey with the UNP
- Core values of the UNP are eroding - Pradeep Jayewardene
- UN compensation for Kuwait workers Rs 3.2 B on migrant worker welfare
- Professor Matteo Legrenzi says: Gulf States are not keen on all-out war
- I regret the inconvenience caused to the public
- An argument for a new Constitution
- ‘Otriachchi’, ‘Orumiththa Nadu’, ‘Aekeeya Rajya’ and unitary state
- A Constitutional Framework for Sri Lanka
- PAST LIFE AND RULING PLANETS IN KRISHNAMURTHI PADHDHATHI
- Astrological remedies for Agriculture
- Unintentional Murder and law
- An Idyl in South India
- GRANDMA’S HAIR GROWTH OIL
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Two documentaries on Sri Lanka in Film South Asia 2017
- Politics of nostalgia
- Vibrancy of classical Sinhala poetry
- Gazing at the 'gems' of Sri Lanka
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Man who rebelled against the British
- Rohingya kids fill void of parents
- Looking back at Sri Lanka Police