Kandy SC maintains great form
By Nadeesha Chathuranga
Kandy SC registered their second win of the inter club rugby season when they beat Police 43-11 at Police Park on Saturday. It was a one sided match from the start and Police SC were unable to trouble their opponents from Kandy.
Kandy took a big lead of 31-6 at the end of the first half and it was a difficult task for Police to come back from that situation and winning against Kandy.
In the first half Anurudda Wilwara opened the scoring for Kandy. Then Thilina Wijesingha scored two tries while Jason Dissanayake also scored for them.
In the second half, Dhanushka Ranjan scored the first try and then Gayan Weeraratna also crossed the goal line. It was a good effort from Kandy. They scored seven tries overall and that gave them a very useful bonus point.
Police only scored one try and that was scored by Hashan Fernando and Sandesh Jayawickrama put over two penalties for them, but that was a poor performance from them again.
Police should turn things around quickly otherwise they will lose most of their matches. They lack experience which is their problem.
Havelocks vs Air Force
Havelock Sports Club is doing well at the moment because they have won both their first games so they are on top of the league. They played against Air Force and won 46-23 last week.
Nishon Perera played well and scored a try. Winger Kevin Dixon also scored two tries. They are unstoppable at the moment so Kandy will have to keep up their good form.
Reza Mubarak also did well in that game with his kicks so did Hirantha Perera.
Air Force fought hard and scored 23 points so they can be very proud of their performance in that game. Better rugby can be expected of the Air Force team in the future.
CR and FC VS Navy SC
CR and FC played a sensational match against Navy Sports Club. They were behind by 23 to 7 but they came back in the second half to win the match.
Tharinda Ratwatta was the pick of the players easily for his brave performance and his tries and conversions were the reason they won the match.
Ratwatte scored a try and made three conversions. Mohamad Shashan also did well for the reds.
Navy played well in the first half but they could not do much in the second half.
CH and FC vs Army
CH and FC lost their second game of the season going down to Army 20-15.
It was CH's game but in the second half Army played so well and scored two tries to emerge winners.
- India’s Choice: Saintliness Vs Efficiency
- Commercial Credit Japanese Firm moves in
- Man shot dead at Punchi Borella
- SAITM still exists, claims GMFSPA Group to meet Maha Sangha
- Lanka tour operators to visit Pakistan
- Fake sms on petrol shortage again! Leads to panic buying in Kandy
- Zimbabwe's ruling party sacks Mugabe
- Ranil before PCoI today
- Gintota clash masterminded by ex-PS member-Police
- BBS Chief in fiery row with scribe Alleged threat to slap Chandraprema
- SL has executed 76% of the proposals by UPR
- Gintota Unrest:PM calls for official report from IGP
- Action against COPE MPs caught talking to Aloysius Speaker to meet party leaders this week
- UNP furious over phone tapping CID, AG’s Dept blamed for ‘media show’
- Treasury Bonds Probe AG to question PM
- Gintota clashes 19 remanded Govt on desperate mission to arrest extremists
- ‘A prisoner in Indian jail on Eelam soil’
- Sagala vows to crush Aava group Police deployed in full strength
- Politico’s son-in-law in school frock drama Teacher threatened after student is reprimanded
- Lanka alarmed over increased smuggling of ‘KG’
- SC to hear Tangalle ASP assault case
- 656 kg Glyphosate nabbed
- FPTP opens gate for undesirables, warns Amunugama
- EC to issue nomination notice on 27th
- NPC Education Minister shuns national flag Sarveshwaran was Chief Guest at school event
- Kandy SC in runaway win
- SLC clarifies Dilruwan’s actions
- India take 49 run lead
- Six-year-old wins two Silvers in shooting events
- Renown rout Blue Stars 4-0
- MAS Unichela emerge champions
- Senkadagala Rally
- Air Force SC in 15-7 win over Police SC
- ‘Singer Cup’ Under-19 Schools Cricket Malshan scores century
- Afghanistan U-19 create history Youth U-19 Asia Cup 2017
- Mahinda College move on to all-island stage
- Glitz Cric Quiz back for its fifth year
- Pogba drives Man Utd fightback
- England in emphatic win
- Neuville wins Rally Australia
- CEB and Air Force emerge volleyball champs
- Angelo, Lahiru prop Sri Lanka
- Ritzbury Sir John Tarbat Junior School Athletic Championship 2017 Janadhipathi BV and St. Joseph’s emerge champions
- Air Force, Police look for first win
- Navy defeat lethargic Havies
- Power plant delays cost Rs 51 B
- 200 to 300 HYDROPOWER PROJECTS ON HOLD
- DSI MD calls for protectionism
- SL to produce sea wave energy
- WB moots PPPs for gender parity
- Menik Farm refugee village gets apparel factory
- Reserves strengthened by $ 74M
- Asian markets end quiet week mixed
- Treasury guarantees of Rs 8,55B sustain 22 public entities
- Will retail apocalypse hit Britain next?
- Huawei creates ‘Smart City Nervous System’
- NDB Capital Scholarship Programme marks 4th year
- Abans wins top retailer and service awards
- How to get rich and mobile banking going social
- A minimalist approach to social media marketing
- Why Moody’s is no longer singing the blues on India
- Women breach world of big oil
- SriLankan Airlines’ marketing activations rewarded
- iflix Sri Lanka opens new office in Colombo
- Aviation sector to be liberalized
- The National Flag A Muddled Tamil voice
- Rohingya children Face a bleak future
- New Constitution:National perspective versus political aspirations
- Pyramid Selling
- Centenary of the October Revolution: 1917 – 2017
- China and Vietnam: Beyond Diplomacy
- Middle East: Kurdish Pawn Sacrificed
- Concretes and abstracts Two comics at the Savoy in London
- Row over beer tax
- Illegal mining Muttur’s sandy secret Hundreds of tons of sand taken away at night
- eLECTRIC AND HYBRID CARS MUST BE PRICED REASONABLY
- Wigneswaran’s claim Devanampiya Tissa was a Tamil king An academically naïve proposition Prof Raj Somadeva
- There is no journey with the UNP
- Core values of the UNP are eroding - Pradeep Jayewardene
- UN compensation for Kuwait workers Rs 3.2 B on migrant worker welfare
- An argument for a new Constitution
- ‘Otriachchi’, ‘Orumiththa Nadu’, ‘Aekeeya Rajya’ and unitary state
- A Constitutional Framework for Sri Lanka
- PAST LIFE AND RULING PLANETS IN KRISHNAMURTHI PADHDHATHI
- Build before onset of Kona Masa
- Palms of road accident victims
- Want to get rid of malefic Saturn ?
- Installing doors and windows according to Vastu
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Two documentaries on Sri Lanka in Film South Asia 2017
- Politics of nostalgia
- Vibrancy of classical Sinhala poetry
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Conquering Fashion
- Gavin Ryan’s Salon Professionalism to the next level
- THE WRITER’S KITCHENETTE THE CRANBERRY ADVENTURES
- Calamitous Earthquake in Iran
- Scientists warn of ‘giant leap backward’ at climate talks
- Death of Ananda Senaratne