ODEL heralds bigger and ‘baubled’ Xmas
Big spaces, bigger brands and the biggest baubles you have seen have come into play this Christmas at Sri Lanka's snazziest department store, ODEL, a press release stated. Themed 'A whole new world,' this year's festive transformation sees the Alexandra Place mansion adorned in celebratory splendour complete with bright red, dazzling gold, and shimmery silver baubles.
'Bauble bushes' have cropped up all over the store and will soon adorn the roundabout in front of it. Inside the store, gigantic matt and metallic bauble wreaths in the festive shades of choice have been strung across the ceilings and even the trees in the vicinity are full with bright coloured giant baubles stating that the season of good cheer is upon us, the release further added.
Global brands, exciting new products, unparalleled offerings, seasonal features, special bank promotions and extended shopping hours have now been introduced as the countdown to Christmas begins. With the recently added 10,000 square feet of elegant shopping space, ODEL is encouraging visitors to experience a whole new world of fashion retail indulgence. The store has also launched a new fashion collection inspired by brands such as Dolce &Gabbana, Ellie Saab, MiuMiu, Alexander McQueen, Marchesa, Gucci, Chanel, Versace and Fenty X Puma.
This special Christmas collection is accentuated with the colours of festive grandeur such as red, silver, pale gold, beige, white, and shades of blue. Drawing from a futuristic sense of fashion encompassing elements of galactic prints and modern metallics that is the vogue currently, this collection features statement pieces delicately crafted from shimmer fabrics, satin, silk, crepe viscose, metallic fabrics, velvet, georgette, ponte fabric and eyelash lace trims.
Stripes, rose prints, space prints and planet prints make a stunning appearance in this year's seasonal fashion collection.
"For our customers, ODEL is where the festive season begins each year, and we go to extraordinary lengths to create the magic they look forward to," said Softlogic Holdings PLC Group Marketing Director, Desiree Karunaratne which owns the ODEL chain.
"With our exciting new shopping spaces, a sparkling new fashion collection, new brand additions that are just in, a promenade that spoils one for F&B choice and the essence of Christmas so aptly captured through our thematic décor, the store will offer a wholesome Christmas shopping experience for the entire family. In keeping with our theme, ODEL has opened up a whole new world to shoppers in Colombo this season", she added.
Spreading the yuletide cheer, there will be various choirs performing entertainment acts throughout the season at the store. Santa Claus will also be patrolling ODEL Alexandra Place from 16 to 24 December, providing children an opportunity to take selfies with him.
As in previous years, visitors to ODEL will have all the traditional requirements they have come to expect, from gift vouchers and exclusive Christmas hampers, a host of gastronomic seasonal specialities at 'Delight' and a Home Department overflowing with Christmas décor. Adding to the excitement of shopping at ODEL this season will be two special weekend promotions for HSBC and American Express credit card holders in the month of December. All this makes ODEL everybody's Special Seasonal Department Store, the release further added.
When seasonal shopping gets into full swing, the ODEL Alexandra Place store will stay open till 11 p.m. on the weekends of 9 and 10 and 16 and 17 December and from 21 to 24 December. On other week days during this period, the Alexandra Place and Thalawathugoda stores will stay open till 10 p.m. and all other ODEL stores will also work extended hours. On 30 and 31December, all ODEL stores will stay open till 11p.m., the release concluded.
- Independent Trajectory for India-Israel Ties
- Saudi Arabia’s heir apparent Crown Prince bin Salman and stake to greatness
- Interpreting Germany’s New Grand Coalition Deal: A First Assessment
- India’s IT Minister in SL
- PCoI bond scam report Over 60 MPs could be exposed – SLFP
- Off duty soldier tracks hit-and-run driver Police send letter of appreciation to Army HQ
- Mohammad Shiyam murder case appeal Vass denies threatening CID Director
- 5th Indo-SL Defence Dialogue concludes in Delhi
- Further evidence on Gammanpila- Shaddock case on 26th
- Impressed with Kite Festival Minister promises new fishing harbour for VVT
- Muslim women should enter politics – Dr. Uthumalebbe
- SEUSL VC urges undergrads to focus on education
- LG elections Vote-buying could lead to removal CaFFE warns candidates
- Motorcyclists Association complains to CJ Accuses Mathugama Chief Magistrate of bias
- Singapore PM & Indonesian President due next week
- Justice Surasena appointed President of CoA L.T.B. Dehideniya elevated to SC
- Fmr NFF Member Premalal Fonseka joins MS/SLFP Maheepala Herath supports ‘Pohottuwa’
- Namal’s money laundering case postponed to 6 Feb
- Kuruwita prisoner alleged torture case Complaint to be handed over to UN
- Asia’s largest haul of cocaine destroyed President Sirisena oversees process
- Missing women & PTA detainees Sasitharan urges families to register
- SLMC rally attacked in Palamunai Hakeem blames Bathiudeen’s ACMC
- Tissa gang-rape victim dies Suspects could be tried for murder
- President’s confidants named in PRECIFAC report JVP
- Supreme Court decides President’s term is five years Presidential Election Next Year President’s term ends in December 2019
- Selection of volleyball coaches Law violators to attend Interview?
- ‘Singer Cup’ Under-19 Schools Cricket Munasinghe scores century
- Tamim steers Bangladesh
- Louis denies creating a stir at meeting
- Jasprit Bumrah wickets follow Kohli century for India
- Houston Marathon in freezing weather Hiruni shatters SL record Qualifies for Commonwealth Games 2018
- “Nidahas Trophy 2018” SLC formally invites Bangladesh
- 12th ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup Bangladesh record second win
- Sri Lanka Rugby Referees Association Jamaldeen unanimously re-elected President
- ‘Singer Cup’ Under-13 Division II Schools Cricket Mahanama, Henegama and Galahitiyawa advance
- Liverpool stun City
- Peterhansel rebounds as Sainz keeps Dakar lead
- Venus and Stephens crash out of Australian Open
- Suarez fires Barcelona nine clear
- I’m too old to be favourite - Federer
- Tri Nation series begins today Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe seek to rebuild
- 12th ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup Sri Lanka triumph by 7 wickets
- Premier League Tier A Milantha scores twin centuries Chilaw Marians register fourth win
- 700 wickets and 7000 runs Dilruwan reaches milestone in first class cricket
- Hathurusinghe savours new challenge
- Sri Lanka worst in Moody’s Asia Pacific ratings
- SL at 66th in WEF’s Manufacturing Index
- Kerawalapitiya-II gets greenlight
- Plans for multi-country trade hub in Sri lanka
- CEB picks swiss firm for vehicle charging network in Sri Lanka
- A tribute to a gentleman par excellence
- Brent crude oil rises to $70 on output cuts
- Airbus says A380 superjumbo production could end
- Asian shares gain as the dollar continues to struggle
- Slowdown in international trade and its impact on globalization
- Ford plans US$ 11 billion investment 40 electrified vehicles by 2022
- Sampath Bank engages with SMEs
- LB Finance crowned No 1 Finance and Leasing Brand in SL
- Hyundai Motor and Grab sign strategic partnership
- Mastercard holds Digital and Innovation Workshop in SL
- Zuckerberg aims to save Facebook from itself
- Is economic struggle driving North Korea to the negotiating table?
- Altair sponsors 146th AGM of Colombo Club
- From challenges to opportunities: The success of DSI Samson Group
- BMICH staff presents Carols
- The March of Folly Dr. Ranjith Atapattu, an exemplary figure
- Liberia’s development at risk
- Politicos’ image plummets to lowest ebb
- UN Agency says Losing US funds could be ‘catastrophic’ for Palestinians
- Central Bank Bond issue Opportunity to reveal true culprits lost
- ‘We don’t want to fool the Sinhalese and get our dues’
- Rohingya insurgents say 10 found in Myanmar grave ‘innocent civilians’
- Thalaivar’s New Avatar
- TNA: How better is ‘better’?
- Wi-Fi but no water: Can smart tech help a city's poor?
- No political solution for Tamil grievances in sight – Ananthy Sasitharan
- Division in SLFP main reason for UNP victory
- We don’t endorse Basil’s leadership
- Rogues in all Govts should be punished- Akila Viraj Kariyawasam
- EPRLF trying to create confusion – Thurairasasingham
- National Prosperity Turning the Tide
- Disposable coffee cups:British lawmakers call for “latte levy”
- If only we could crackdown on the root causes to effect sustainable solutions Herein lies a Nation’s progress
- Planetary combines that foreshadow misfortune for father
- Pirith chants for abundant harvest
- Venus into Capricorn
- Vastu and Domestic Animals
- Yoga for Children and Adults with Disabilities
- Notes on history: The thinkers and the doers
- Reflections on a nation of non-readers
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Trump’s ‘madman’ ACT scared N. Korea to talks
- Calls for ‘revenge’ Israeli settler killed in attack
- Banning of Colombo Journal First English Newspaper
- Sri Lankan author publishes for the world
- Broadway brought to our own shores
- Celebrating the harvest