Days favourable for marriage in 2018
By S. Siriwardena
In the past, people in rural areas of the country celebrated marriages within the confines of their own homes. They built sheds in their premises to serve the guests with food. Loudspeakers strapped to the trees were blaring out those old time favourites. But today everyone holds the wedding ceremonies of their children at a reception hall in town.
To reserve the hall should not be deemed easy. The reservations have to be made prior to several months. Therefore hereby I produce several days in 2018 that are conducive for marriage ceremonies.
Thithis (Moon phases) known as Dasawaka and Ekoloswaka occur on April 25 Vesak full moon Poya day. The constellation Ma will be formed from 3.05p.m. to 10.01 p.m. Sun will be exalted in Aries. Astrology says, if the Poruva ceremonies can be performed while Sun is located in the 11th House, countless defects will vanish!
Utrapal is the constellation that holds sway until 7.45p.m. on May 24 Thursday. The prevailing Thithis are 'Adhi Poson Dasawaka' and 'Ekoloswaka'. According to Anandadi Yoga Chakra, a very auspicious Mathanga Yoga too will occur.
June 25 is a Monday. The entire day will be auspicious. From 5.00a.m. prevails the Anura constellation. It is the Poson Doloswaka phase and Theleswaka where the Thithis are concerned. According to Anandadi Atavisi Maha Yoga Chakra, the suapicious Yoga known as Manasa also occurs.
Muvasirasa constallation prevails until 3.15a.m. on 11 July Wednesday. Poson Ava Theleswaka Thithi prevails till 3.34 p.m. and it is auspicious till that time. According to Anandadi Atavisi Maha Yoga Chakra Amurtha Yoga will occur.
Utrasala constellation remains till August 23 Thursday from 3.39a.m. The entire day is auspicious. Thithis are Pura Doloswaka and Theloswaka in the month of Nikini. According to Anandadi Atavisi Maha Yoga Chakra the auspicious Yoga known as Saumya also occurs.
Rehena is the constellation that has influence until 8.04a.m. on 03 September Monday. It is auspicious till 2.15p.m. on this day. According to Anandadi Atavisi Maha Yoga Chakra the auspicious Yoga known as Pravardhama also occurs. On this day Sun will be in Leo, Moon in Taurus, Mars in Capricorn, and Venus in Libra; therefore in case of any defects, auspicious timings that diminishes the defects can be calculated.
Read the following notes to find out whether your constellation tallies with the constellation relevant to the auspicious days:
April 25 on which constellation Ma prevails will be auspicious for those who were born under Aslisa, Deta, Revathi, Punawasa, Visa, Puvaputupa, Muvasirasa, Sitha, Denata, Kethi, Utrapal, Utrasala, Berana, Puvapal and Puvasala.
May 25 when Utrapal prevails will be auspicious for those who are born to Berana, Puvapal, Puvasala, Aslisa, Deta, Revathi, Punavasa, Visa, Puvaputupa, Muvasirasa, Sitha, Denata, Rehena, Hatha and Suvana.
June 25 is under Anura constellation. This is only for those who are born to Punavasa, Visa, Puvaputupa, Muvasirasa, Sitha, Denata, Kethi, Utrapal, Utrasala, Asvida, Ma, Mula, Aslisa, Deta and Revathi.
July 11 Wednesday; Suitable only for those who are born under Rehena, Hatha, Suvana, Berana, Puvapal, Puvasala, Aslisa, Deta, Revathi, Punavasa, Visa, Puvaputupa, Ada, Sa, Siyavasa.
August 23 Thursday is only for those who are born to Berana, Puvapal, Puvasala, Aslisa, Deta, Revathi, Punavasa, Visa, Puvaputupa, Muvasirasa, Sitha, Denata, Rehena, Hahtha, Suvana.
September 3 is only for those who are born to Kethi, Utrapal, Utrasala, Asvida, Ma, Mula, Pusha, Anura, Utraputupa, Ada, Sa, Siyavasa, Muvasirasa, Sitha, Denata constallations.
Solution must be acceptable to Tamils Separate State is not a reasonable request - Former Army Commander, General Gerry De Silva RWP, VSV, USP
- UN damns Lanka 14,000 minors in childcare centres Calls for urgent reforms
- Russia restricts Lanka tea over beetle scare Top-level delegation off to Moscow
- Call to criminalize marital rape Justice Ministry seeks Cabinet approval
- Jumbo killings Armed protection unit to be set up Fines, jail terms to be increased
- Crossovers loom prior to polls
- SC issues notice on Elections Chief
- Jilted SLFP shuns JO forever
- CEB TU threatens strike Gives 18th as ultimatum
- Gnanasara Thera’s request for foreign travel denied
- Chinese envoy says OBOR will take Sino-Lanka ties to new level
- Police Chief in pre-poll warning Errant officers will be dealt with strictly
- Court extends Stay Order on Gota case
- Sriyani as State Minister of PCs and LG JO crossover pledged support for MS
- Rains to prevail Landslide warning to Galle, Kalutara to be reviewed
- BJP lauds ‘Ram Setu’ findings Hits out at critics
- Two held for impersonation at exam centre
- Female Genital Mutilation Advice sought from medical experts
- Hambantota Port to China India raises security concerns
- Indian Air Force Chief at passing out parade
- Statement from the Embassy of the State of Palestine
- LG Governance first to collapse in N&E
- Asgiriya Secy criticizes Govt
- Namal’s Hello Corp case on 13 December
- Attanayake’s foreign travel request Court to consider on 4 Dec
- Drugs & alcohol abuse in NE Religious reps to address issue
- Interesting battle at Havelock Park
- Thurstan win inaugural golf tourney
- History making Pulisic US men’s footballer of the year
- Knicks down Nets despite early exit for Porzingis
- 34th Mercantile Individual Tournament 2017 McLarens shuttlers Overall Champions
- Retired Hewitt takes tilt at Aussie Open doubles
- Lamborghini World Final 2017 Malagamuwa finishes third
- Committee clears Thilaka as SL coach
- Basnayake uncontested president at SLCF
- Premier League Club Cricket Primosh scores second ton
- Vinod and Taniya win Junior golf titles
- Taveesh wins two Gold medals
- Austin Waugh, in Australia's U-19
- CH come back to win
- Smith foils England again
- Emphatic win for CR
- No Malinga in T20 squad
- ‘Singer Trophy’ Under-19 Cricket Paceman Bandara steers Kingwood
- Federer voted BBC overseas sports personality of the year
- SLC looking to re-launch showpiece T20 league
- Astron wins again at SLIM NASCO 2017
- NDB brings Santa to the doorstep
- Com Bank opens branch No. 259 in Yatiyantota
- Amãna Takaful relocates Matale Branch
- Lotus Tyres rewards sales agents
- DFCC Bank sponsors 2017 Inter-School Golf Tournament
- Huawei announces Christmas promotion
- Elephant House recognized by Interbrand
- Singer (Sri Lanka) partners with Pan Asia Bank
- Disney deal suggests the Tax bill may mean little for the economy
- Commonwealth Bank admits failures in money laundering case
- Japanese business confidence hits 11-year high
- Eurozone economy to grow at faster rate, says Central Bank
- SEC to mandate dual roles for CEOs & Chairmen
- Alumex to commence EU & Aus exports
- Fiscal Policy Act remains toothless: Governor
- Samantha Rajapaksa gives up all AMW posts
- 'Publish excuses for corporate governance non-compliance'
- Jetwing Symphony IPO oversubscribed
- Shares recover from an 8-month low
- Christmas cheer is in the air!
- So, this is Christmas!
- A Time of Gifts Winding up
- Landmine deaths soar in 2016 With record number of child victims monitors
- Unravelling Nietzsche’s ‘death of God’ mystery
- Canada’s pivot to China hits a snag
- Brexit: The UK’s four options
- When the heart calls out, on a starry night
- On eve of climate summit Macron reminds Trump of ‘responsibility to history’
- FGM/FGC Victims speak out
- Wigneswaran sowing seeds of communalism
- SLFP supports devolution of power – Lasantha Alagiyawanna
- If Bond scammers are not prosecuted…President will lose his credibility –Bandula Gunawardena
- All information security issues are not cyber crimes
- We want a change in Muslim representation– Hasen Ali
- Blessed are the peacemakers
- Disinformation campaigns and public mistrust
- Alleged human rights violations Lord Naseby defends Sri Lanka
- Neecha Dosha of planets and how it is cancelled Neechabhanga Rajayoga
- Vastu defects and bathrooms
- Are you endowed with Pancha Maha PurushaYoga?
- God Aiyanayake: Guardian Deity of Jungle and Village
- Good thoughts eliminate bad planetary influence
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Two documentaries on Sri Lanka in Film South Asia 2017
- Politics of nostalgia
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Silvia Senanayake Dazzles at Mrs. Asia International
- Let’s Taco Colombo
- THE WRITER’S KITCHENNETTE MULLED WINE
- Hunger gnaws at Rohingya Children in camps
- Defeating IS Russia has ‘accomplished’ task
- Saudi Princess Ameera Aidan fights sex exploitation
- Hacking into the gate
- Review: A Bad Moms Christmas Relatable holiday humour
- A must watch superhero film!