Rohan Victoria appointed Asian Packaging Federation President
The Asian Packaging Federation (APF) has appointed a President from Sri Lanka, namely Rohan Victoria, to its Board of Administration for the third time in its 50 years of existence, stated a press release.
He takes over the reins effective 1 January 2018, from Dr Kie Shim of South Korea, who held this position for two years, the release added.
The APF, the only International Packaging Organization representing the Asian Packaging Industry, was founded in 1967 in Kyoto, Japan, with five countries as founder members comprising China, India, Japan, Korea and the Philippines.
One nationally-recognized packaging organization from each country in the Asia Pacific Region is eligible to be a full member of the APF, except for the Peoples Republic of China, the only country with two nationally-recognized packaging organizations with federation membership, considering the total population of the country.
20 national packaging organizations from 19 countries from the Asia Pacific Region have received full membership of the APF during the last five decades. There are currently 16 member organizations in the membership register of the APF at present.
The Sri Lanka Institute of Packaging, being the only leading organization representing the Sri Lankan Packaging industry, joined the Asian Packaging Federation way back in 1978 during the reign of the founder President of the Sri Lanka Institute of Packaging, Stanley Wickremaratne, who himself became a Vice President and later the 13th President of the Asian Packaging Federation in the year 1992 and 1993. A decade later in 2002, Dharma Ratnayake, one-time Secretary General of the APF, was appointed as APF Vice President and elevated to the rank of President a year later.
Both Wickramaratne and Ratnayake became Vice Presidents of the World Packaging Organization.
Rohan Victoria, the Managing Director of Iris Trading Ltd who became a Member of the Council of Management of the Sri Lanka Institute of Packaging representing Aitken Spence Printing & Packaging (Pvt) Ltd in 1995, was appointed President of the Institute of Packaging in November 2016. Prior to this, he held the positions of Assistant Secretary, General Secretary, Vice President and Deputy President over a period of two and half decades.
Besides Victoria being the President of the APF and President of the Sri Lanka Institute of Packaging, he is also a Director of the Packaging Development Centre Ltd, Director of the Ingrin Institute of Printing and Graphics and also a Director of the Sri Lanka Institute of Printing.
Victoria also led the Sri Lanka delegation in December for the meeting of the Board of Administration and General Assembly of the APF, which was attended by more than 30 delegates representing member organizations from nine countries, where he was appointed the President of the APF for a two-year period commencing January 2018.
The Asian Packaging Federation will be celebrating its 50th anniversary in Tokyo, Japan, and Victoria will participate at these celebrations as the President of the Federation, which is an honour for Sri Lanka
The APF, which was inaugurated in Japan in 1967, celebrated its 25th anniversary in Tokyo in 1992, with Stanley Wickremaratne as incumbent President of the APF and Dharma Ratnayake as its Secretary General, participating as honoured guests of the Japan Packaging Institute.
The Sri Lanka Institute of Packaging holds an esteemed position in the APF, considering the achievement of three of its members
heading the APF in its 50-year history.
These are hallmarks in the history of the Sri Lanka Institute of Packaging and through the enthusiasm and dedication displayed by these office-bearers, the Sri Lanka Institute of Packaging takes pride in bringing fame to Sri Lanka, the release concluded.
- Long term conciliation in Korea
- Germany and Europe: A New Relationship?
- Key role to strengthen SLFP -Wijewickrama
- Blood donation at SEUSL
- Faizer Mustapha says Muslims must trust SLFP and President
- Construction of Kerawalapitiya LNG Power Plant Political pressure blocks tender award
- One cannot expect failed rebels to become effective administrators MR
- FTA with Singapore Professionals claim Govt misleading public
- Alleged manhandling of principal:CM QUITS EDUCATION PORTFOLIO, pending probe
- 60 arrested in Kataragama mayhem
- Call to roll back FBR rule for female workers Thousands of foreign jobs in limbo - ALFEA
- Alleged manhandling of principal: CM QUITS EDUCATION PORTFOLIO, pending probe
- Senior Journalist Jatila Wellaboda passes away
- Hunt on for missing Police weapon Team flees Jumbo charge during ganja raid
- ‘Gender-based violence on the rise at Pera Uni’
- New Ambassador-Designate of China arrives in SL
- Two SLPPers pledge support to President Sirisena
- Wants Armed Forces out of Jaffna
- Using a dog as live bait to capture Panmure leopard Environmentalists cry foul
- PRESIDENT TO TAKE OVER ECONOMY AFTER LG POLLS
- Only fraction of requested funds sent to NPC last year Lack of funds derails development plans – CM
- US Govt in shutdown
- PCoI report on Bonds issue AG holds back 103 pages
- Alarming Police statistics reveal 3 underage girls raped every day!
- LANKAN LAWS SUFFICIENT ARJUNA MAHENDRAN CAN BE ARRESTED – AG
- Acceptance of new NSFs by NOC NOC Members expect further clarification from IOC
- ‘Singer Cup’ Under-19 Schools Cricket Cambrians win by an innings
- 92nd National Boxing Championship Army retain men’s title MAS Unichela emerge women’s champs
- Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon Madumali finishes 11th with PB
- Man City back on track
- ‘Singer Cup’ U-13 Div.II Cricket St. John’s advance to semis
- Sainz survives dunes to win Dakar Rally
- Nadal survives test, Wozniacki turns on style
- 12th ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup Plate Championship begins today
- Premier League Club Cricket – Tier ‘B’ Panadura SC crush Galle CC
- Buttler serves up series success for England
- Police force a draw
- 58th Senior Nationals Hockey tournament Defence Services clinch titles
- All rounder Thisara saves SL blushes
- Premier League Club Cricket-Tier A NCC win by 10 wickets
- NOCSL Members came out together against current regime Rohan Fernando announces candidacy for presidency
- North and South Korea to compete under one flag
- Financial irregularities of NOCSL exposed in Audit
- HNB Sponsors Millennium Trophy Golf Tournament Dr. Scarth and Niloo Jayathilake clinch top awards
- 12th ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup Ireland beat Afghanistan
- China, Sri Lanka and the ‘Politics of Investment’ What are the sources and impact of China’s economic leverage?
- Swaps boost liquidity by over 1,000%
- Rocell among Top 20 Sri Lankan Brands
- Bupa Global Insurance to further develop SL operations
- What happens at the World Economic Forum?
- Investigate losses in the CSE, T-Bond issues from 2008-14: Presidential Commission
- IMF has choked Tunisia, and now the people are protesting
- Will we ever be able to trust driverless cars?
- Gateway Graduate School and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University sign MOU Innovative Aerospace dual enrolment programme outside US
- World markets hammer higher on rising metal prices
- New research puts SL at 89th in ‘Doing Business’ index
- Browns to set up $5M pharma plant
- Norochcholai workers’ lives in danger
- Guidelines allegedly violated
- SriLankan posts highest-ever monthly revenue in December
- Shares gain for the first time in eight days
- India to become fastest growing large economy in 2018: Report
- PUCSL to sue CEB
- Emergency power costs SL Rs 40B
- Tourism earnings up 2.3% Jan-Nov
- Foreign missions’ failure to correct Sri Lanka’s tarnished image Tamil Diaspora vilifications
- Concretes & Abstracts Pitipana Committee and Public Debt
- Achieving true lasting reconciliation
- Dying art of sending postcards
- The Pursuit of Peace Starting at SCOPP
- Vote for women this LG Polls
- Block law’s lacunae Not letting bond thieves go scot-free
- Europe prods homeless with spikes and cold showers
- UN warns of South Sudan’s ‘lost generation’ grinding conflict
- Hazardous multi-plug on the way out
- Participatory citizenship is important - Rosy
- I have a master plan - Salley
- All set for Free and Fair LG Polls – Mahinda Deshapriya
- If given power We’ll develop country in two years -Chandrasiri Mahagamage
- Upcoming LG Elections a referendum
- National Prosperity Turning the Tide
- Disposable coffee cups:British lawmakers call for “latte levy”
- If only we could crackdown on the root causes to effect sustainable solutions Herein lies a Nation’s progress
- Forecast your own destiny An astrological guide
- Kala Sarpa Yoga will test sustainability of government
- TIMING OF EVENTS –CHILD BIRTH
- Season for Marriage and Construction
- Cancer Causing Vastu Defects
- “Hail, Caesar!” Silliness as a virtue
- Notes on history: The thinkers and the doers
- Reflections on a nation of non-readers
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Indu & Sanwada We have so much in common
- The Writer’s Kitchenette Vietnamese Fusion Rice Wraps
- ‘Derana Champion’ Shines with OPPO
- A Possible Fallout as US freezes Funds for Palestinian refugees
- Jungle loving President Premadasa
- How Felix Dias became Bandaranaike
- IT IS MY CHOICE
- In your own skin be the barrel you want
- Dear Patriarchy,Dilshani Palugaswewa tells it like it is in this open letter