The Oddest President Ever!
My goodness! There have been presidents and presidents from the utterly cruel and murderous like Stalin and foolish and choc-full-of-vanity like the present head of North Korea. But there have been humane ones like Abraham Lincoln and clever, charismatic ones like Barack Obama and John F. Kennedy.
Actually Obama is in a class by himself, without any vices like Kennedy had, and such a good family man. He served two terms as Prez of the United States with never even a whisper of scandal though of course many Americans did not take to him because of his mixed parentage. Yet he was elected by a very popular vote in spite of his having Hussein as his second name, his African father being a Muslim into the bargain. Now America has a maverick of the first order, a man who is said to have a short attention span and is dismal in his foreign policy not knowing where and what Ukraine is. And he was selected President of the United States of America, the most powerful position to be in, worldwide.
President Donald Trump is about to celebrate one year, holding the exalted position of leader of the free world. But the hunt by respected administrators is going on to impeach the President. Thus he cried: "I'm the victim of the greatest witch hunt in political history" after his 100th day as Prez of the US of America; buttering up the Arabs one day and the Jews the next.
President Nixon had the single charge of Watergate levelled at him – the break into the headquarters of the Democrats in Washington DC, either suggested by him or connived with. In contrast, Trump has many accusing fingers pointing at him, the one with most weightage being that he "divulged highly sensitive classified information gleaned by Israeli spies to visiting Russian Foreign Minister, Sergei Lavrov." There is also the accusation that with Putin's connivance the Russians tampered with the election results making Hillary Clinton lose the presidency.
He celebrates one year in the White House, admittedly the most powerful Head of State in the world and apparently with the loosest mouth and lowest IQ. The person he has been sparring with – Kim of North Korea is his double: both inflated with themselves and trading insults. Kim said he was the 'yellow orang-utan in the White House' and Trump refers to Kim as 'Rocket Man'! A few of Trump's inexcusable quotes are given below. Some of the more personal remarks caused this woman so much blushing that she just could not include them.
"An extremely credible source has called my office and told that Barack Obama's birth certificate is a fraud." This outrageous statement made against an incumbent Prez and in the US where they shudder at anything sounding racist, actually boomeranged on him, but he persisted.
"All of the women in The Apprentice flirted with me either consciously or unconsciously." What a stupid egotist who couldn't see the truth of the matter.
"One of the key problems is that politics is such a despicable thing. Good people don't go into government." Talk of looking up and spitting! The Sinhala language would have pithy retorts.
"It's freezing and snowing in New York. We need global warming." This woman rolled around on her sofa laughing when first she read this. Rich, coming from the Head of State who shunned the Paris meeting on global warming. He is so ignorant though global warming is recognized as a menace even by animals.
"My fingers are long and beautiful, as it has been well known and documented, as the various other parts of my body." He was laughed at for being inadequate and this was his reply!!
The man who said these is supposedly the leader of the democratic world!!
- Khaleda Zia’s conviction and its repercussions
- China is biggest impediment to Korean reunification
- Trump’s Budget Priorities: Crimes Against Humanity?
- Mahanayake Thera of Asgiriya Chapter says Unity Govt should be scrapped
- Corruption case against Wimal on 16 May
- Govt won’t last till next General Election - JO
- Lankan fisherman yearns to return home
- EU awards 18 schols To promote sustainable consumption and production
- Ready for a rally
- Harassing tribal woman Lankan held in Andhra Pradesh
- People are very angry says Mavai
- Awards for bright religious students
- Delimitation Committee Report Govt must hold APC CaFFE
- Father of two requires urgent kidney transplant Seeks public help to raise Rs 1.5 M
- 2014 Aluthgama riot Govt to compensate victims in March & April
- Gajaba Regiment hands out schols
- Leadership training for principals suspended
- PAFFREL urges Appoint maximum number of women possible
- Tender irregularities hinted at A/L Tab Project temporarily suspended Project is being re-evaluated Rajitha
- CID wants INTERPOL ‘Red Notice’ on Mahendran
- Inquest into Bellanwila thera’s death Coroner complains to IGP Claims Boralesgamuwa Police ignored warnings
- 14 Hump Nosed Lizards born at Dehiwala Zoo
- EC informs party secys and ind group leaders 25% of 8,356 elected must be women Speaker says 25% quota not scrapped
- SL bidder for EAP Group chastises CBSL Over negotiation process
- Non-renewal of MoU Unity Govt cannot continue – Opposition
- In form CR to try and outmatch Kandy
- Havelocks face Navy SC at Race Course
- Madushanka doubtful for Nidahas Trophy
- SLSRFA to conduct workshop
- Trinity close on heels of St. Aloysius
- Khan leads Afghanistan to thumping series win
- Sri Lanka face India in the curtain raiser
- Third doping scandal hits Games
- Bayliss willing to step aside as T20 coach
- Brazilian match abandoned after brawl
- Shirantha promises transparency and accountability in NOC
- Rashid, Bumrah joint No.1 in ODI rankings
- Wigan shock Man City
- Black Caps coach rejects call to scrap T20
- Richmond in comprehensive win
- Arsenal announce record shirt deal with Emirates
- Olympics reels as ‘clean’ Russian curler hit by doping case
- Kandy SC too good for Airmen
- Red Stars SC emerge division I champions
- Hundreds participate in CISM Run
- Sampath Bank reports Profit After Tax above Rs 12B
- Dfcc Bank records impressive performance in 2017
- Hayleys Advantis partners IRONMAN 70.3 Colombo
- SL troops facelift Sakkotei tourist attraction
- Pantum becomes distributor for EWIS Peripherals
- Hyundai Lanka appoints AutoMaasters as authorized dealer in Jaffna
- Will online retailing outdo traditional retailing?
- Sarvodaya Finance joins LankaPay Common ATM Network
- JLanka Technologies to participate at Architect 2018
- Edirisinghe Brothers’ Hybrid Hub, SLIC to open Hybrid Vehicle Clinics
- NDB holds all-night Pirith ceremony
- AI-powered Dialog Voice Agent now on Google Assistant
- SLIM represents SL at prestigious conference in Asia
- NTB American Express travel around the world winners to visit five cities
- Munchee Super Cream Crackers ranks on top
- Ceylinco Life donates High Dependency Unit to Kalubowila Hospital
- Asian shares slip as dollar firms
- Cabinet approval underway for National Audit Bill Bill to be tabled in Parliament shortly
- Unpoliticized Maritime Promotion Bureau required: Ports Authority Chairman
- ComBank licensed for Microfinance operations in Myanmar
- Bouncing back from LG election drubbing
- Subramanian Swamy’s love-hate relationship with Sri Lanka
- Tea, haircuts and fish bones Letting the light into Pakistan
- REVISITING SRI LANKA’S FOREIGN POLICY
- Howlers that wreck language
- Welcome to Earth
- Can nuclear technology zap hunger?
- Trapped by the system Ethiopian workers in Lebanon see no freedom
- Current Marketing Practices Customer is King! Does it really apply to us?
- Writing project for young Syrian refugees
- Gota is Lankan Putin – Gammanpila
- President and PM are responsible for the election results
- Basil says…Await the return of ‘Spiritual Leader’ MR
- Rajapaksas’ Presidential hopeful is Gota
- Sins of the past Govt cannot be forgotten- Anura Kumara
- Accomplice to the crime Our own indifference
- UK flower farm suspected of enslaving migrants
- Costly Renovation
- REV. PROF BELLANWILA WIMALARATANA THERA
- Why Masses Brought Victory to Past President
- White Sapphire absorbs the power of Venus
- Partial eclipse that occurred on Feb 16
- Effects of Sun in Aquarius
- Some recent impressions
- Bandula Nanayakkarawasam: From Galle to the world
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cowboy boots
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cow boy boots
- “Hail, Caesar!” Silliness as a virtue
- Notes on history: The thinkers and the doers
- Reflections on a nation of non-readers
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Never say never to anything!
- What’s In My Bag I want to carry my dog Ricky Ruchira
- Indian Elegance Raaya Clothing & Accessories
- Election promises that took people for a ride
- 7 killed in Florida school shooting by former student: sheriff
- Man with moustache who went to Rajarata a thousand times in a ramshackle Jeep