‘Be Apped with B-App from BOC’
A press release announced that the Bank of Ceylon presents its mobile banking solution to resolve day-to-day banking needs at the touch of a button and helps to give more space to loved ones.
'B-App' allows customers to enjoy banking at their fingertips with an advanced and highly secured IT platform. It can be downloaded to any IOS or Android enabled mobile device through Google-Play or Apple App Store. Thereafter, the customer simply has to submit the 'B-App' application form to the nearest BOC branch and activate the account immediately.
The customer could then obtain the most secured mobile banking service that allows customers to manage daily transactions easily and instantly. These routine transactions include transferring funds to any account (own accounts, third party BOC accounts or other bank accounts), account inquiries, instant, scheduled and recurring utility bill payments.
Managing and monitoring assets and liabilities are also made easy with the mobile screen friendly interface. Customers can set up standing orders, check book requests and statement downloads without having to visit the branch. In case of an emergency customers themselves can issue "Stop payment" to cheques issued on current accounts immediately.
Since 'B-App' has a secured one-time password and self-unlock user ID that allows the user to 'self-unlock', to save time and enhance productivity. The customers can also add third party accounts and new billers as required without having to refer to the administrator. These features super charge one's life giving control over banking and empowering the application end-user; the customer, the release added.
BOC delivers value-added services to customers and understands that it has a prime duty towards the country's economic sustainability. Therefore, the Bank realizes that by providing these technologically aided banking services that adds convenience to the evolving lifestyle of Sri Lankans, it not only enables millions of BOC account holders to carry out banking transactions efficiently but promotes this technology to every nook and corner of the country. "With this technology we can penetrate further into the community and work towards a financially inclusive society.
We empower our customers to manage their finances efficiently and to reach their goals smoothly. Having a portal that enables the customer to interact with the bank by following simple instructions is a key feature in this application. So anyone with minimal knowledge of operating a smartphone can manage to get the maximum use from it", said DGM Product and Banking Development, M.J.P. Salgado.
Leading the Sri Lankan Banking industry with over 78 years of experience, the BOC has become the most stable and the trusted bank in the country that serves Sri Lankans from all walks of life helping them to build their lives and make themselves financially stable while improving the country's economy.
The Bank earned global recognition as one of the top 1,000 banks in the world, (Country rank No.1) as listed by 'The Banker Magazine' (UK). The Bank was the only Sri Lankan brand recognized as one of Asia's Best Brands in 2013 by the Chief Marketing Officer's Council (CMO Council) based in Mumbai, India. Brand Finance Lanka has ranked BOC as the No. 1 brand for the last nine consecutive years. It was also conferred the Master Brand status for the year 2017- 2018 by the CMO Council Asia and was called the No.1 brand in the country by InterBrand. The Bank has passed exceptional milestones in recent years such as becoming the first to gain over Rs1.8 trillion assets, over Rs one trillion deposits and over Rs one trillion advances.
Focusing on the Banks achievement, Fitch Rating Lanka ranked the Bank of Ceylon at AA+(lka) which is the highest rating awarded to a local commercial bank and ICRA (lk) awarded AAA rating which is the highest credit quality rating issued by ICRA Lanka.
BOC won the Merit Award for the Annual Report 2015 under State-Owned Enterprises category at the Excellence in Integrated Reporting Awards – 2016 conducted by the Institute of Certified Management Accountants of Sri Lanka. The Bank of Ceylon maintains international presence with three overseas branches and a subsidiary in London, the release concluded.
- Khaleda Zia’s conviction and its repercussions
- China is biggest impediment to Korean reunification
- Trump’s Budget Priorities: Crimes Against Humanity?
- Mahanayake Thera of Asgiriya Chapter says Unity Govt should be scrapped
- Corruption case against Wimal on 16 May
- Govt won’t last till next General Election - JO
- Lankan fisherman yearns to return home
- EU awards 18 schols To promote sustainable consumption and production
- Ready for a rally
- Harassing tribal woman Lankan held in Andhra Pradesh
- People are very angry says Mavai
- Awards for bright religious students
- Delimitation Committee Report Govt must hold APC CaFFE
- Father of two requires urgent kidney transplant Seeks public help to raise Rs 1.5 M
- 2014 Aluthgama riot Govt to compensate victims in March & April
- Gajaba Regiment hands out schols
- Leadership training for principals suspended
- PAFFREL urges Appoint maximum number of women possible
- Tender irregularities hinted at A/L Tab Project temporarily suspended Project is being re-evaluated Rajitha
- CID wants INTERPOL ‘Red Notice’ on Mahendran
- Inquest into Bellanwila thera’s death Coroner complains to IGP Claims Boralesgamuwa Police ignored warnings
- 14 Hump Nosed Lizards born at Dehiwala Zoo
- EC informs party secys and ind group leaders 25% of 8,356 elected must be women Speaker says 25% quota not scrapped
- SL bidder for EAP Group chastises CBSL Over negotiation process
- Non-renewal of MoU Unity Govt cannot continue – Opposition
- In form CR to try and outmatch Kandy
- Havelocks face Navy SC at Race Course
- Madushanka doubtful for Nidahas Trophy
- SLSRFA to conduct workshop
- Trinity close on heels of St. Aloysius
- Khan leads Afghanistan to thumping series win
- Sri Lanka face India in the curtain raiser
- Third doping scandal hits Games
- Bayliss willing to step aside as T20 coach
- Brazilian match abandoned after brawl
- Shirantha promises transparency and accountability in NOC
- Rashid, Bumrah joint No.1 in ODI rankings
- Wigan shock Man City
- Black Caps coach rejects call to scrap T20
- Richmond in comprehensive win
- Arsenal announce record shirt deal with Emirates
- Olympics reels as ‘clean’ Russian curler hit by doping case
- Kandy SC too good for Airmen
- Red Stars SC emerge division I champions
- Hundreds participate in CISM Run
- Sampath Bank reports Profit After Tax above Rs 12B
- Dfcc Bank records impressive performance in 2017
- Hayleys Advantis partners IRONMAN 70.3 Colombo
- SL troops facelift Sakkotei tourist attraction
- Pantum becomes distributor for EWIS Peripherals
- Hyundai Lanka appoints AutoMaasters as authorized dealer in Jaffna
- Will online retailing outdo traditional retailing?
- Sarvodaya Finance joins LankaPay Common ATM Network
- JLanka Technologies to participate at Architect 2018
- Edirisinghe Brothers’ Hybrid Hub, SLIC to open Hybrid Vehicle Clinics
- NDB holds all-night Pirith ceremony
- AI-powered Dialog Voice Agent now on Google Assistant
- SLIM represents SL at prestigious conference in Asia
- NTB American Express travel around the world winners to visit five cities
- Munchee Super Cream Crackers ranks on top
- Ceylinco Life donates High Dependency Unit to Kalubowila Hospital
- Asian shares slip as dollar firms
- Cabinet approval underway for National Audit Bill Bill to be tabled in Parliament shortly
- Unpoliticized Maritime Promotion Bureau required: Ports Authority Chairman
- ComBank licensed for Microfinance operations in Myanmar
- Bouncing back from LG election drubbing
- Subramanian Swamy’s love-hate relationship with Sri Lanka
- Tea, haircuts and fish bones Letting the light into Pakistan
- REVISITING SRI LANKA’S FOREIGN POLICY
- Howlers that wreck language
- Welcome to Earth
- Can nuclear technology zap hunger?
- Trapped by the system Ethiopian workers in Lebanon see no freedom
- Current Marketing Practices Customer is King! Does it really apply to us?
- Writing project for young Syrian refugees
- Gota is Lankan Putin – Gammanpila
- President and PM are responsible for the election results
- Basil says…Await the return of ‘Spiritual Leader’ MR
- Rajapaksas’ Presidential hopeful is Gota
- Sins of the past Govt cannot be forgotten- Anura Kumara
- Accomplice to the crime Our own indifference
- UK flower farm suspected of enslaving migrants
- Costly Renovation
- REV. PROF BELLANWILA WIMALARATANA THERA
- Why Masses Brought Victory to Past President
- White Sapphire absorbs the power of Venus
- Partial eclipse that occurred on Feb 16
- Effects of Sun in Aquarius
- Some recent impressions
- Bandula Nanayakkarawasam: From Galle to the world
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cowboy boots
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cow boy boots
- “Hail, Caesar!” Silliness as a virtue
- Notes on history: The thinkers and the doers
- Reflections on a nation of non-readers
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Never say never to anything!
- What’s In My Bag I want to carry my dog Ricky Ruchira
- Indian Elegance Raaya Clothing & Accessories
- Election promises that took people for a ride
- 7 killed in Florida school shooting by former student: sheriff
- Man with moustache who went to Rajarata a thousand times in a ramshackle Jeep