Softlogic Life awards Rs 1 M via ODEL promotion
Sri Lankan life insurer Softlogic Life successfully concluded a customer promotion recently, in which Udara Wijesinghe from Wattala was adjudged the grand winner of the prize of Rs 1 million, a press release stated.
Softlogic Life kick-started its loyalty campaign called 'Purple Christmas 2017' for loyal customers. 12 lucky winners - 10 Softlogic Life policyholders and two Corporate Group policyholders - were selected through a draw in December 2017, to participate in an innovative shopping spree experience, the release added.
Each winner was given Rs 100,000 to participate in a shopping spree challenge at ODEL, Sri Lanka's premier fashion retailer, which ran for 30 minutes. The competition was judged by a panel comprising Sri Lankan Cricket Team Physical Preparation Manager Bob Chave, Calorie Counter Founder/Managing Director Duaine Peiris, and Gamya Wijedasa, who represented Sri Lanka at the Miss World 2009 pageant; Sri Lankan personalities who are known for their expertise on fitness, wellness and nutrition.
After an intense contest, the final bill of each contestant was given to the judging panel. Shopping choices and shopping behaviours shown by the participants during the shopping spree were carefully reviewed by these judges, with marks given on the basis of how each participant's choices had added colour to their loved ones' lives.
The judging panel unanimously decided Udara Wijesinghe to be the grand winner of Purple Christmas 2017, who walked home with the once-in-a-lifetime chance to shop at ODEL with Rs 1 million.
Udara said, "My father passed away untimely due to a non-communicable disease and my mother, for the rest of her life, will have to rely on different medication to improve her medical condition. Though I was unfortunate to witness their suffering, their experience motivated me to make one of the simplest of choices of my life; a healthy lifestyle. I believe the right choices you make will have a lasting impact on you as well as on your family members. I want to see my children grow up and it is crucial for me to stay healthy and be their beacon of hope when they become better citizens of this country."
Softlogic Life Managing Director Iftikar Ahamed said, "I congratulate Udara Wijesinghe, who became the grand prize winner of Purple Christmas 2017, and thank all other families who took part in our promotion.
"The innovative life solutions we have designed for our policyholders are meant to bring quality and add more colour to their lives every day, bringing an extra bit of speciality to make their lives more vibrant during the festive season. This year's edition of the Purple Christmas promotion was rolled out for all our customers who made great and simple choices to make their lives colourful in 2017."
Softlogic Life Insurance PLC is a subsidiary of Softlogic Capital PLC and is part of the Softlogic Group, which is recognized as one of Sri Lanka's most diversified and fastest-growing conglomerates, with interests in Healthcare, Retail, ICT, Leisure, Automobiles and Financial Services.
Significant stakeholders in the company also include FMO and DEG, who are rated 'AAA' Development Financial Institutions from the Netherlands and Germany, respectively, the release concluded.
- Khaleda Zia’s conviction and its repercussions
- China is biggest impediment to Korean reunification
- Trump’s Budget Priorities: Crimes Against Humanity?
- Mahanayake Thera of Asgiriya Chapter says Unity Govt should be scrapped
- Corruption case against Wimal on 16 May
- Govt won’t last till next General Election - JO
- Lankan fisherman yearns to return home
- EU awards 18 schols To promote sustainable consumption and production
- Ready for a rally
- Harassing tribal woman Lankan held in Andhra Pradesh
- People are very angry says Mavai
- Awards for bright religious students
- Delimitation Committee Report Govt must hold APC CaFFE
- Father of two requires urgent kidney transplant Seeks public help to raise Rs 1.5 M
- 2014 Aluthgama riot Govt to compensate victims in March & April
- Gajaba Regiment hands out schols
- Leadership training for principals suspended
- PAFFREL urges Appoint maximum number of women possible
- Tender irregularities hinted at A/L Tab Project temporarily suspended Project is being re-evaluated Rajitha
- CID wants INTERPOL ‘Red Notice’ on Mahendran
- Inquest into Bellanwila thera’s death Coroner complains to IGP Claims Boralesgamuwa Police ignored warnings
- 14 Hump Nosed Lizards born at Dehiwala Zoo
- EC informs party secys and ind group leaders 25% of 8,356 elected must be women Speaker says 25% quota not scrapped
- SL bidder for EAP Group chastises CBSL Over negotiation process
- Non-renewal of MoU Unity Govt cannot continue – Opposition
- In form CR to try and outmatch Kandy
- Havelocks face Navy SC at Race Course
- Madushanka doubtful for Nidahas Trophy
- SLSRFA to conduct workshop
- Trinity close on heels of St. Aloysius
- Khan leads Afghanistan to thumping series win
- Sri Lanka face India in the curtain raiser
- Third doping scandal hits Games
- Bayliss willing to step aside as T20 coach
- Brazilian match abandoned after brawl
- Shirantha promises transparency and accountability in NOC
- Rashid, Bumrah joint No.1 in ODI rankings
- Wigan shock Man City
- Black Caps coach rejects call to scrap T20
- Richmond in comprehensive win
- Arsenal announce record shirt deal with Emirates
- Olympics reels as ‘clean’ Russian curler hit by doping case
- Kandy SC too good for Airmen
- Red Stars SC emerge division I champions
- Hundreds participate in CISM Run
- Sampath Bank reports Profit After Tax above Rs 12B
- Dfcc Bank records impressive performance in 2017
- Hayleys Advantis partners IRONMAN 70.3 Colombo
- SL troops facelift Sakkotei tourist attraction
- Pantum becomes distributor for EWIS Peripherals
- Hyundai Lanka appoints AutoMaasters as authorized dealer in Jaffna
- Will online retailing outdo traditional retailing?
- Sarvodaya Finance joins LankaPay Common ATM Network
- JLanka Technologies to participate at Architect 2018
- Edirisinghe Brothers’ Hybrid Hub, SLIC to open Hybrid Vehicle Clinics
- NDB holds all-night Pirith ceremony
- AI-powered Dialog Voice Agent now on Google Assistant
- SLIM represents SL at prestigious conference in Asia
- NTB American Express travel around the world winners to visit five cities
- Munchee Super Cream Crackers ranks on top
- Ceylinco Life donates High Dependency Unit to Kalubowila Hospital
- Asian shares slip as dollar firms
- Cabinet approval underway for National Audit Bill Bill to be tabled in Parliament shortly
- Unpoliticized Maritime Promotion Bureau required: Ports Authority Chairman
- ComBank licensed for Microfinance operations in Myanmar
- Bouncing back from LG election drubbing
- Subramanian Swamy’s love-hate relationship with Sri Lanka
- Tea, haircuts and fish bones Letting the light into Pakistan
- REVISITING SRI LANKA’S FOREIGN POLICY
- Howlers that wreck language
- Welcome to Earth
- Can nuclear technology zap hunger?
- Trapped by the system Ethiopian workers in Lebanon see no freedom
- Current Marketing Practices Customer is King! Does it really apply to us?
- Writing project for young Syrian refugees
- Gota is Lankan Putin – Gammanpila
- President and PM are responsible for the election results
- Basil says…Await the return of ‘Spiritual Leader’ MR
- Rajapaksas’ Presidential hopeful is Gota
- Sins of the past Govt cannot be forgotten- Anura Kumara
- Accomplice to the crime Our own indifference
- UK flower farm suspected of enslaving migrants
- Costly Renovation
- REV. PROF BELLANWILA WIMALARATANA THERA
- Why Masses Brought Victory to Past President
- White Sapphire absorbs the power of Venus
- Partial eclipse that occurred on Feb 16
- Effects of Sun in Aquarius
- Some recent impressions
- Bandula Nanayakkarawasam: From Galle to the world
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cowboy boots
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cow boy boots
- “Hail, Caesar!” Silliness as a virtue
- Notes on history: The thinkers and the doers
- Reflections on a nation of non-readers
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Never say never to anything!
- What’s In My Bag I want to carry my dog Ricky Ruchira
- Indian Elegance Raaya Clothing & Accessories
- Election promises that took people for a ride
- 7 killed in Florida school shooting by former student: sheriff
- Man with moustache who went to Rajarata a thousand times in a ramshackle Jeep