Glitteray Finery of Elegant Sliver
By Menaka Indrakumar
Rayhana Jiffry is a young entrepreneur who is the founder of the successful online jewellery brand Glitteray. Her nickname and passion put together to create simple and elegant sliver pieces of jewellery.
The brand originated back in 2014 and four years on, she has many followers on social media praising her unique designs. She has launched her latest Valentine's Day collection, which is capturing the attention of many jewellery lovers.
Glamour caught up with designer behind the brand.
When did the brand originate?
The brand originated from a brain storming session. I wanted something very trendy yet authentic. We played with the two words 'Glitter and Ray' (my nickname) and came up with 'Glitteray.'
Why Sliver Jewellery?
Silver jewellery is a fast growing trend internationally. It is an easy metal to work with to create designs and it appeals to a large market.
How different is your jewellery from the rest?
We are a design conscious company. Our jewellery pieces express creativity and personality. They are dainty and can be worn every day. It is different from the traditional mainstream pieces.
Tell us something about the Valentine's Day Collection?
The designs are fun, upbeat and self-expressive – making them truly unique. We have five collections for Valentines -
A personalized Name Necklace Collection, Men's Rings, Men's Bangles, Solitaire Heart Rings and Couple Rings. They can all be personalized and engraved with names, dates or quotes. Making them authentic, thoughtful and precious.
Was jewellery something you always wanted to specialize in?
Design was something I was interested in. I think jewellery truly helps someone express their personality and creativity.
What are the most popular pieces at Glitteray?
The most popular design is the personalized name necklace for her and name bracelet for him.
How updated is the online page?
Our social media platforms are always current with the designs and promotions.
Will you be showcasing your designs at any fashion shows soon?
There are plans underway. We will announce it when it is official.
- UNP vows to protect President won’t let jo own him
- UNPers to stand by Ranil
- Range Bandara quits as UNP Anamaduwa Organizer
- Appointment of 25% women to LG bodies Decision today Polls Chief
- Southeast Asia’s shifting sands of terrorism
- Katchatheevu Church Feast Sinhala mass for the first time 13,000 to land on island
- No-Faith against Ranil not needed – Gammanpila
- Civil society orgs demand referendum Want Executive Presidency abolished
- Kandiah Neelakandan no more
- Donation of necklace to Temple of the Tooth Principal warned CP Edu Minister
- Army recruits 50 Tamil youths Rehabilitated ex-LTTE cadres too
- Kalmunai Beach Mosque 196th Flag hoisting ceremony held
- NPC Women’s Affairs meeting
- Trump’s Immigration Plan: Sound Start for Compromise
- Congo justifies oil exploration in national parks
- To discuss premiership issue PM and Speaker meet Prez UNP claims problem solved
- City Coroner complains to Fort Magistrate Call to probe death of Bellanwila Thera Monk was moved from CSGTH against medical advice
- Will Transitional Justice wither? Int’l community in quandary over LG polls results
- INTERPOL REFUSES TO DELIVER SUMMONS TO MAHENDRAN ARREST WARRANT TO BE SOUGHT AFTER MARCH 8 IF…
- Govt now trying to postpone PC polls
- President has not consulted me yet – AG
- Govt brought in 19A to block Rajapaksas We also can change 19A – Basil
- November 2012 Welikada Prison Massacre Second eyewitness ready to come forward
- President pressed to find suitable PM Political crisis continues
- South China Sea Unmanned vessels and future operations
- Federer on top of the world
- Man Utd into Cup quarters
- Cavani, Neymar key as PSG rebound from Madrid gloom
- Barca grind out victory before Chelsea trip
- Kvitova powers through to Qatar final
- ISAC 2018 23 schools will participate
- ‘Singer Cup’ Under-19 Schools Cricket Sumanasinghe scores second ton
- Packeer Ali to be appointed Head Coach
- England win but Munro ensures New Zealand in final
- Premier League Super 8 round NCC and Ports Authority CC win
- Sri Lankans win singles and doubles titles
- National Cross Country Championship 2018 Samantha and Nilani win Both athletes had to go through ridiculous bureaucratic red tape after returning to SL with Gold medals Officials show their vested interests instead of flexibility for International medal winners
- Premier League Club Cricket Tier ‘A’ Chilaw Marians CC emerge champions
- ‘Singer Cup’ Under-19 Schools Cricket Kamindu Mendis scores fourth ton
- Unified Korean team lose again despite goalie heroics
- Loyola - Christ King Inaugural ‘Battle of Friends’ Big match ends in a draw
- Smith looks forward to pace challenge
- Mendis powers Sri Lanka to 210-4
- Mendis drives Sri Lanka to T20 series sweep
- Premier League ‘Tier ‘B’ Negombo CC emerge champions
- Global Independent Audit Regulators meet in Colombo
- Shares end the week positive
- Thailand to seek approval for FTA with Sri Lanka
- Rupee stabilizes despite political instability
- SL to purchase 12 train engines for upcountry line
- UK retail sales show weak growth despite gym wear boost
- Royal Mint gets first woman boss in 1,100 years
- CBSL prints Rs 606M
- Stocks closed mixed on the day Sharply higher for the week
- Allowing Financial Technology Will Reduce Borrowing Costs
- CSSL offers support for tech startups
- Ceylinco General Insurance records excellent results in 2017
- CA Sri Lanka Business Plan Competition 2018 kicks off this month
- HNB Grameen Finance Limited signs MoU with DIMO
- Raigam launches ‘DeveniBatha – Bundi Full’ instant rice noodle
- SL - high potential market for Database Security: Oracle
- Jack Ma’s secrets, hiring women for the profits and rising early
- Trumps Solutions brings the digital force to advertising with VLT
- Inaugural leadership programme conducted for students of Olcott Schools
- Fashion Bug bags Gold Award for Best Key Account Partner from Triumph
- Subramanian Swamy’s love-hate relationship with Sri Lanka
- Tea, haircuts and fish bones Letting the light into Pakistan
- REVISITING SRI LANKA’S FOREIGN POLICY
- Howlers that wreck language
- Pursuing Peace The UN’s lack of accountability
- Give women more time to give birth, make choices - WHO
- Ask “Dr. Love”: mobile app teaches Congolese youth about safe sex
- Bulgaria rejects treaty to combat violence against women
- Progress on global goals ‘unacceptably slow’ for women, says UN
- The Great American Buddhist Leader
- President and PM are responsible for the election results
- Basil says…Await the return of ‘Spiritual Leader’ MR
- Rajapaksas’ Presidential hopeful is Gota
- Sins of the past Govt cannot be forgotten- Anura Kumara
- Law and order is quite weak
- Accomplice to the crime Our own indifference
- UK flower farm suspected of enslaving migrants
- Costly Renovation
- REV. PROF BELLANWILA WIMALARATANA THERA
- Why Masses Brought Victory to Past President
- White Sapphire absorbs the power of Venus
- Partial eclipse that occurred on Feb 16
- Effects of Sun in Aquarius
- Some recent impressions
- Bandula Nanayakkarawasam: From Galle to the world
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cowboy boots
- Pauline Kael: The critic wore cow boy boots
- “Hail, Caesar!” Silliness as a virtue
- Notes on history: The thinkers and the doers
- Reflections on a nation of non-readers
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Never say never to anything!
- What’s In My Bag I want to carry my dog Ricky Ruchira
- Indian Elegance Raaya Clothing & Accessories
- Election promises that took people for a ride
- 7 killed in Florida school shooting by former student: sheriff
- Man with moustache who went to Rajarata a thousand times in a ramshackle Jeep